Diamante | SVT

By sendmotivation

a kingdom where magic used to reign, is it really a myth or a secret to be protected? More

×
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L
LI
LII
LIII
LIV
LV
LVI
LVII
LVIII
LIX
LX
LXI
LXII
LXIII
LXV
LXVI
LXVII
LXVIII
LXIX
LXX
LXXI
LXXII

LXIV

3.1K 194 112
By sendmotivation

•••

The castle is bustling with life again. Everyone was busy, rushing back and forth as an important event is about to come again. The last time they had this grand gesture was too long ago. The change of pace wasn't unwelcome but it overwhelms him.

It was like yesterday that Seungkwan had turned one year old.

Now, Seungkwan is about to get married.

The adherence of the request granted by their father was not what they anticipated when they were called to his study room. It was more directed to their youngest, but slips of protests were an immediate response, shocking them to the core. Seungkwan kept mum, eyes cast down, as he listens to his hyungs argue with their father that— no, he can't gobut it fell on deaf on his ears as they were waved off.

And it was no surprise, they did and didn't expect for the youngest prince to acquiesce. He was nervous and giddy at the same time, explaining in a hush voice that its for the greatness of both kingdom's benefit. Jihoon could only roll his eyes, he knows better that anyone that the real reason was because of Prince Hansol.

Jihoon has no qualms with the young alpha, he was good kid and treats Seungkwan with utmost respect, however, he can't help but feel sad, seeing as how he's gonna leave them soon, no more nagging and banters, randomly belting out tunes on the top of his lungs as he strums the guitar for them, funny jokes to giggle at, and to playfully bully into getting him food. They don't want to let go, but with the way Seungkwan's eyes twinkle with glee when he's with Hansol, they know its better that way.

Jihoon decided to help rather than hole up in his room the whole day, volunteering to go down the storage room, so he can be alone. He was still upset with their father, yet he can't refute to his wishes, what he and the Jade King had talked was out of the question.

Steadily climbing up his cloud, Nine descends up until he reaches the top of the shelf in the storage room. He wants to retrieve a few items they had planned to use during the wedding. At first, Jihoon wanted to write something for them and sing it, but Hansol had politely declined, rambling on and on about how he wants to sing for his betrothed as a gift. He found the gesture so sweet that he pinched the younger's cheek, earning an embarrassed yelp.

When he retrieves the six large boxes, he mounts them on the cloud, having to scoot further on the edge to fit them all so he doesn't have to go back up again. The storage room was quite dusty, making his eyes watery.

"Let's go down now." He pats the cloud gently as it slowly descends with the weight added on him, and it answers him with a rumble that made him giggle. Nine and him have bonded more, taking it every where with him, except for their bed chambers since his brothers are wary of it so he lets it go out and now he can understand what the noises his cloud make.

Jihoon fences one the box with his hand, pulling it close to him so it won't fall, so he scoots backwards even more.

Wrong move.

When he felt nothing the moment he moved back, he tried to scramble up but lost his grip.

If he's lucky, he will only hurt his back, the fall isn't that high, or so he thinks. He closes his eyes and braces the pain that will happen.

He lands with an omph.

Not on the floor.

Floors are not soft nor it does laugh.

Jihoon kept his eyes shut, hoping that its not who he thinks it is.

Arms haul him higher, steadying him in their hold, one behind his knees and the other on his shoulder, giving it a light squeeze.

"Are you okay?"

Jihoon wants the ground to swallow him, he feels his face flush red. He opens his eyes, glaring at the grin Soonyoung has.

Instead of saying thank you, his mouth runs off as soon as he finish roaming his eyes around, squinting at his cloud which is hovering besides them, then to his betrothed.

"What kind of cliche K-drama is this?"

Soonyoung falters, "Huh?"

"You know, protagonist minding their own business, trying to get something by stepping on the stool when they lost balance and somehow, someone magically appears and catches them before the fall, stare into each others eyes, as music plays on the background."

Jihoon huffs out, crossing his arms over his chest defensively at the incredulous look Soonyoung is giving him. He suddenly regrets saying those.

"We didn't stare at each other and no music was playing." The alpha points out, chuckling when the flush on Jihoon's face spreads to his ears.

"You can let go of me now."

Soonyoung does as told, putting him gently, a hand on his upper back. Jihoon apprehends him for a second, "Why are you here?"

The question had the alpha panicking, "I, uh, happened to pass by? and I saw you so I wanted to help?"

Jihoon was somewhat amused, and decided to accept his reason, "Thank you."

He beams at that, offering his help to the younger prince. Jihoon declines pointing at his cloud, carrying all the boxes. Soonyoung purses his lips, offended by the fact that the cloud has spent more time with his betrothed rather than him.

As if sensing his mood shift, Jihoon beckons him to accompany him on his way. It had the alpha internally jumping in joy, sticking his tongue out at the cloud, counting it as a win. Nine rumbles lowly in the background.

They walk in silence, Jihoon doesn't know what to talk about so he opted in staring ahead. Soonyoung fumbles on how to approach him, so he chooses the easy option.

"How's Prince Seungkwan?"

Jihoon hums thoughtfully, sparing him a glance. "He's excited."

"Really? Hansol's anxious though." The statement makes the younger tilt his head to the side, Soonyoung finds it adorable.

"He's not gonna get cold feet is he?" Jihoon whispers lowly, about to plan a certain prince's death if he does hurt his younger brother. The alpha shakes his head, "No. no. The kid's smitten with him."

"Then what's he scared about?"

Soonyoung glances left and right, before lowering down to whisper at his, Jihoon almost steps back at their proximity but what the former said made his eyes go wide. "Hansol's planning to propose."

"W-what? Why?"

Soonyoung leans back, eyeing Jihoon carefully. "He wants to make it formal between them. So, Prince Seungkwan doesn't feel like its just an arrangement between them."

"Oh. That's so sweet of him."

Jihoon looks away, somehow, his own mind betrays him as he imagined himself in Seungkwan's situation. What kind of wedding will they have? What will he wear? Will he write his own song for the choir to sing? Is Soonyoung gonna smile at him when he walks down the aisle?  The vows they'll exchange, not to mention they surely have to share a kiss to seal it.
Is this marriage gonna be more than just a mere arrangement?

He can't help flush red yet be saddened at the same time. Will he propose to me too?

"I can hear you thinking." Soonyoung quips in front of him, the younger has stopped walking a while ago, staring at a distance with a hazed look. "Is everything okay?"

"Nothing." He continues, striding big steps to catch up to his cloud which had floated away from them, not missing the amused grin the other was wearing. Soonyoung catches his hand before he can go any further, the unexpected contact puzzling him. Jihoon blinks his eyes in question.

Soonyoung clears his throat, tugging him a bit closer, so he can hear what he's about to ask, "Jihoon-ah." He pauses, trying to gather a reaction at the sudden drop of formality, the latter's eyes widen but keeps quiet, the alpha is getting scared at the mute response, and is about to apologize when he sees the slight nod of his head in an excruciatingly slow manner that if he blinked he would have missed it.

He takes it as a cue to continue, gathering more confidence. "Jihoon-ah." Soonyoung repeats, the smile on his face growing. "what kind of wedding do you want us to have?"

If not for the hand clasp on his, he would have tripped onto nothing, the question completely catching him off guard. He can feel his heart drumming in his chest, there's this warmth spreading, his hands shaking for no reason.

Is this what happiness feels like?

Jihoon looks at their hands, then at Soonyoung's kind and adoring eyes. There's so much hope in them, and he wants to drown himself into it. Intertwining their fingers together, he smiles.

"I just want it simple, Soonyoung-ah."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 179 44
A little collection of short seventeen stories I wrote :)
8.1K 713 31
It wasn't suppose to happen like this. Never in his life he had experienced this nor he want to know more. Because he knows it will never be the same...
83.3K 3K 45
seoksoo | svt ff [COMPLETED] °°||• What would it be like to have a home to come back to •||°° Writing a seoksoo fanfic coz why not and they are so u...
354K 19.3K 103
When you turn 21 your eyes turn a certain colour, rose quartz or serenity, once you've been assigned a kingdom there is no going back. 𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖉...