Diamante | SVT

By sendmotivation

a kingdom where magic used to reign, is it really a myth or a secret to be protected? More

×
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L
LI
LII
LIII
LIV
LV
LVI
LVII
LIX
LX
LXI
LXII
LXIII
LXIV
LXV
LXVI
LXVII
LXVIII
LXIX
LXX
LXXI
LXXII

LVIII

3.3K 187 23
By sendmotivation

•••

Jeonghan jolts upright when pain shoots up as his ankles get squeezed. His instincts went into overdrive and he kicks aimlessly, his foot must have hit someone as they fall with a thud on the floor, letting out a curse. He scurries away, back hitting something solid and yells, "HELP!"

"What the fuck!"

The omega gapes at the familiar voice, eyelids flying open to see his perpetrator, who lays there on the floor, rubbing his back which might have hurt from the impact. Jeonghan sheepishly throws him a glance, avoiding immediately when their eyes met.

"Second time." He hears him mutter with a loud sigh.

Jeonghan tilts his head in confusion, "What?"

Seungcheol stands up, gaze narrowed at him but no malice behind it. "This is the second time, Prince Jeonghan."

"Second?"

"First, you hit me with your guitar. Second, you kicked me out of the bed."

Jeonghan then took notice of where he was, the same white walls with paintings across, splayed everywhere. He has been here once, and it wasn't for a good reason. He was here again, a bandage wrapped on his right ankle, the white bed sheets covering his legs to his upper body, the clothes he was wearing were still the same and Prince Seungcheol was standing there, scrutinizing his moves with precaution.

"Why–" Jeonghan swallows, feeling his throat go dry, events that happened last night flashing into his mind. "Why am I here? Why are you here?"

Seungcheol merely raises a brow, moving back on the edge of the bed. "Why am I here? Is that a way to say thank you to the one who helped you?"

He looks down on his hands, blinking the tears that rapidly fills his eyes. It was real. He wasn't dreaming. The thought of almost dying made him sob, he was foolish. He shouldn't have paid attention to a piece of paper where his life was on the line, but Jeonghan pushed the nagging thought away, he only wanted the truth.

"I–"

He feels something callous yet gentle on his wrist, the touch made him look at the other prince. Seungcheol doesn't say anything, circling his thumb on his pulse point, feeling his heart beat in a haste. Jeonghan shudders at the gentleness of it, and was also grateful for the other not holding his hand, he can't afford for him to see the depths of his emotions and the nightmares he hide, locked away for good.

"Do you remember what happened?"

Jeonghan nods slowly, biting his lips as he tries picture out the face of his assailant, however it was too dark and silent and he remembers not seeing anyone. The note must be still there, but he won't gain anything if he comes back for it. Whoever they were, they want him dead. They might be in the castle, plotting for their next move, waiting and lurking in the corner like a shadow. Why? Is this revenge? What for? He can't recall anyone having a grudge against the royal family.

"It was all hazy." He croaks out, the one clue that could have lead him to finding who killed his mother was wasted, it was all his mistake. "Did you see who it was?"

Jeonghan barely shakes his head in retaliation, all he can see was the dim corridor, no sounds of footsteps nor a a single breath was heard, as if they were in the shadows, waiting to attack on him, or shadows that can move through the dark. They almost got him, he shivers at the mere thought if he was dragged into the darkness.

Why is it always him?

If only he wasn't weak and useless he would have done it, but here he is, sobbing like a child, saved again by Prince Seungcheol. The omega pauses when he remembers, looking up and stares at the other, who was still holding his wrist. Jeonghan sits himself straight, pulling away as he scrambled to pick the sheets and covers his self. "H-how? Why?"

It was Seungcheol's turn to blink at accusing tone he uses at him, he reaches out a hand to him but Jeonghan pushes him away. "What do you mean 'how'?" The alpha whispers gently, afraid to jostle the prince even more.

"How did you know where I was? How did you find me?"

Jeonghan shrinks on his sit when Seungcheol throws him an incredulous stare, as if he was stupid for asking such. "How couldn't I? You were yelling."

The alpha sighs, situating himself on a comfortable position before returning his gaze at the prince, his dumbstruck expression got him curious and annoyed. "What?" He asks, coming out a bit gruff, and he can see the omega flinch, nibbling on his bottom lip even further.

"I heard you, Prince Jeonghan. You were calling for help. So I rushed to where you are and saved you." Seungcheol explains further, voice barely above a whisper. "I don't know why you always treat me like sh- this, not even a thank you."

Seungcheol sighs again when he receives no reply, so he stands up from his place alarming the other prince who rushes to get a hold of him, but his ankle stops him from moving, pain doubling as he tried to move again. "W-wait."

Seungcheol didn't wait, closing the door on him. Jeonghan shuts his eyes when he felt a new wave of tears to come. He doesn't understand the pang of guilt and ache in his chest when he saw his crestfallen expression and how his heart hurt when the door closed on him. He breathes, trying to calm himself, wringing the sheet on his grip. His mind was going haywire. How can Seungcheol have heard him when he can't call for help? Who did he save him from?

The door creaks open again, startling him from his stupor. So he hastily wipes his tears with his sleeves and pushes the hair that has fallen on his face, an apology ready on his mouth.

"Listen," He starts, gaze on his lap so he wouldn't see his cheeks going red. "I'm sorry, Prince Seungcheol. I didn't mean to be rude for not thanking you and for also hurting your feelings." Jeonghan says, puffing his chest out a bit. Disappointment looms over when he received no response. Jeonghan couldn't believe he's giving him the cold shoulder when he said that and it took him a lot to do so. He casts his glance up to give him a glare but a surprised yelp escape his lips when he sees who it was.

"Taeyong? Why are you here?" He can feel his face flush in embarrassment as his attendant giggles.

"Well, this is my room." He says, settling himself on the bed, a teasing grin on his lips. "Prince Seungcheol brought you here last night."

Again.

It happened again.

The universe loves to play with him. Is Seungcheol his knight in shining armor or something?

Jeonghan raises a brow at him to continue, Taeyong giggles even further, he badly wants to wipe the grin on his attendant's face. "I don't know what's going on with you both but its not a mere coincidence anymore."

"Shut up." was all Jeonghan could say, smoothing the wrinkled sheet on his lap. Taeyong stops his teasing and places a hand on his shoulder.

"Is your ankle okay? If not, I'll go get treatment from the doctor. The wound looks nasty."

Jeonghan moves his eyes to his ankle, the bandage wrapping seemed messy and not tied well. He snorts at the thought, Seungcheol must have done it.

"I'm fine, Taeyong-ah."

The attendant purses his lips, disbelief etched on his pretty face but nods. He moves to the end of the bed, and carefully raises his leg, undoing the bandage to wrap it correctly. "You need to be more careful, prince. Your clumsiness will kill you one day."

"What, clumsiness?"

"Uh-huh. Prince Seungcheol told me you tripped on your way down the stairs and somehow your ankle bled because you've hit on something sharp. So please, look at where you're going. Okay?"

"Oh." He mutters, avoiding Taeyong's inquisitive stare. He owes his betrothed a lot, not only an apology but also a lot of thank you's, and maybe something else.

"You and Prince Seungcheol really like to meet at night, huh. I'm sensing a pattern here."

Jeonghan turns bright red, one hand covering his face. "What the hell, Taeyong. It was a mere coincidence."

"It happened two times already." Jeonghan didn't reply, shoving him lightly making his attendant laugh. When Taeyong was done, he pats his ankle and tells him to get up, offering a hand to him.

"Why?"

"Its the King's order, Prince. He ordered each attendant to gather you to the pavilion. He didn't know about your accident, but I'm sure your betrothed will tell him so you would be excused and get some rest yet Prince Seungkwan specifically asked me to get you."

"Seungkwannie? Why? What's happening, Taeyong-ah."

"The Jade King will be here, to talk about your brother and Prince Hansol's marriage."

Jeonghan stops moving, eyes going wide. He can feel the anxiousness squeeze in his stomach, he's dreading the words that will come out of Taeyong's mouth and confirms his thoughts.

"His highness wants the wedding to take place next week."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.3K 692 35
13 boys found themselves in a house with a murderer, but one of them is not who you think he is. Who is he? ...
12.6K 594 22
COMPLETED "Worldly turmoil no longer perturbs me." When the Goddess lost faith in humanity, only one man was destined to prevent the total c...
43.9K 2.2K 30
a story where they were suffering from the unwanted disease that have been spreading in their region. all they have to do is survive in 24 hours. die...
4.3K 148 12
jeongcheol seoksoo junhao soonhoon meanie verkwan