descent | 𝐊𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐒 [HIATUS]

By totheIakes

Whether you come as lover or executioner, I am ready to receive you. © totheiakes The Orig... More

𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄.
𝐚𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐬
𝟎𝟎
𝟎𝟏
𝟎𝟐
𝟎𝟑
𝟎𝟒
𝟎𝟓
𝟎𝟔
𝟎𝟕
𝟎𝟖
𝟎𝟗
𝟏𝟎
𝟏𝟏
𝟏𝟐
𝟏𝟑
𝟏𝟓
𝟏𝟔
𝟏𝟕
𝟏𝟖
𝟏𝟗
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎.
𝟎𝟏
𝟎𝟐
𝟎𝟑
𝟎𝟒
𝟎𝟓
𝟎𝟔
𝟎𝟕
𝟎𝟖
𝟎𝟗
𝟏𝟎
𝟏𝟏
𝟏𝟐
𝟏𝟑
𝟏𝟒
𝟏𝟓
𝟏𝟔
𝟏𝟕
𝟏𝟖
𝟏𝟗
𝟐𝟎
𝟐𝟏
𝟐𝟐
𝟐𝟑
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄.
𝟎𝟏
𝟎𝟐
𝟎𝟑
𝟎𝟒
𝟎𝟓
𝟎𝟔
𝟎𝟕
𝟎𝟖
𝟎𝟗

𝟏𝟒

15.7K 709 1.3K
By totheIakes

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓
﹙ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 ﹚
࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Rory wonders if heartbreak gets any easier. It's a reoccurring question in her mind that doesn't seem to be answered—she wonders if after so long of being in a body that's broken so many hearts, tore apart so many relationships, if it gets any simpler. She didn't love Dean in the way that he loved her, but she still loved him nonetheless. Both him and Sam were important in her growth in being her own person, yet they were both out of her lives within a few seconds. All it took was compelling away some memories and everything was just...gone.

She turns on her back, resting her head against the plush pillows. She feels a little lethargic today. It reminds her of when she used to take her medication. She doesn't know if it's the situation at hand finally weighing on her—the fact that she was selfish and tore apart a healthy relationship, the fact that she was alone in New Orleans, the fact that she had a hex on her that could set her off on a murderous rampage at any second. It's coming down at her all at once.

She presses her hands against her face, letting out a deep exhale. Just get through the day, Rory.

A knock sounds at her door. She turns to see Klaus stepping into her bedroom, closing the door behind him. "How are you feeling?" he asks, lowering himself to sit on the edge of the bed. He reaches forward, brushing a hair out of her face. "You look tired."

"That's what every girl wants to hear," Rory teases, slipping a hand under her pillow as she shifts her body to face him. She sighs. "I feel...I don't know. I feel weird. I am tired. Didn't really get much sleep last night."

"Is it because of..."

"I don't really want to talk about it," Rory interjects. Klaus nods, looking resigned. "What's on the agenda for today?"

"Ah, yes. I forgot to let you know—Finn is no longer our concern. Our...sister, Freya, kindly took him out of the equation. So you have nothing to fear," Klaus explains.

Rory frowns, lifting her hand to press her fingers against the mark burned into the back of her neck. "But what does that mean for the hex? It's still...it's still here."

"We'll get that sorted out, lovely. I promise," Klaus says, placing his hand on Rory's leg. "Davina has been busy lately. With Kol. So has Rebekah. I'm afraid it's all hands on deck for my brother at the current moment, so we're going to have to put a pin on that for the time being."

"That's fine. I understand," Rory sits up, running a hand through her hair in an attempt to tame the wayward strands. "Does Freya know anything about it, though?"

Klaus clears his throat. "Well, she's coming over for brunch."

Rory raises an eyebrow. "What is it with you and finding information through food?"

"You know what they say—a way to your enemy's heart is through their stomach,"

"I don't think that's how it goes,"

"It's how my way goes. As far as I'm concerned, it's the only way," Klaus states in a matter-of-fact manner. "Asking Freya for help is out of the question. I do not trust her—if anything were to happen; if she were to somehow worsen the hex—"

"—Or if she could actually help—"

"—Highly unlikely. If Freya really is my long-lost sister, then you've just made a very grave mistake: trusting a Mikaelson,"

"Excuse me," Rory deadpans. "I trust you. And Elijah. And Rebekah. And Kol. I literally trust most of your family."

"Again, a mistake on your part. I am the only Mikaelson worth trusting,"

Rory outright snorts at that one. "Shut the fuck up," she says, tossing her pillow at him. Klaus grabs at it before it hits him in the face, chuckling quietly. "Well, I'm guessing you want the compound to yourself. I'll make myself scarce."

"No, it's alright. You're welcome to stay,"

"I don't think that's a good idea. You're reuniting with your long-lost sibling, I don't think an outsider being in the area is a good idea," Rory responds as she climbs out of bed, stretching her limbs.

"Well, at this point of time, our "long-lost sibling" is the one that's considered the stranger here," Klaus points out. Rory gives him a look over her shoulder as she strides towards the bathroom, grabbing a towel. Klaus trails after her, standing at the doorway. "Rory. Really. You don't have to leave."

"I know I don't have to, but it's probably best—"

"I don't want you to leave," Klaus bites out. Rory pauses in her actions, turning to face him. He slumps against the doorway, letting out an exhale. "Elijah and I aren't on the best terms. You're a wonderful mediator. And I'm..." he clenches his jaw. "I'm worried that if Freya was able to do something with the hex already inside you, I wouldn't be there to help you."

Rory's appalled at the emotion he shows her. There's something very vulnerable about a man like Klaus Mikaelson actually telling you how he feels.

"Okay," Rory says quietly. Klaus looks both relieved and embarrassed when she says so. "Okay, I'll stay."

"Thank you," Klaus responds.

Deciding that the moment is growing too sombre for her liking, Rory whips the towel in her hand at him. "Now get out. I need to take a shower,"

"It's nothing I haven't seen before," Klaus' lips upturn into a smirk, appreciating her effort at lightening the mood.

"Listen, you smug asshole—"

☆*.·*·.*☆。

Rory decides to put on a somewhat presentable outfit, slipping into one of the dresses that she stole from Elena's closet. She curls her hair and dots some concealer under her eyes and makes her way downstairs, just in time to see Elijah enter the compound. She grins at him, which he returns in a polite manner.

"Good morning," Rory greets the Original as she comes to a stop in front of the table that's already chockfull of food. She glances at her watch, realising that it's 11:30 am. "Or...almost noon."

"Good morning, Rory. You look beautiful. Will you be joining us?" Elijah questions.

"Mhm. Klaus told me to sit in for a bit. I hope you don't mind,"

"I never mind your company,"

Rory swats at Elijah's chest, beaming up at him. Trust the older male to be charming even when he's probably had a horrible week.

"There you are. Finally," Klaus' voice fills the room as he enters the courtyard, giving his brother a distasteful look.

"I was delayed," Elijah responds, his expression growing serious at his brother's presence.

Klaus smiles. "Our guest of honour will be here momentarily,"

"Strange. Our house is conspicuously absent of our lupine guests. I do hope it's not on my account,"

"I sent Hayley and her poorly groomed husband—" Rory covers up her laugh with a cough as Klaus responds. "—Off to spend the day with their werewolf brethren to test the limits of their new abilities. Leaving me to deal with family business as I see fit."

"Niklaus, Rebekah's situation has taken a turn. We may need Freya's assistance. So, whatever you're planning to do here? Don't,"

Klaus rolls his eyes. "All I'm planning is a simple chat with a long-lost relative. You yourself said to hear her out,"

"And you yourself said that would be idiocy,"

"Did I?"

Rory nods. "That does sound like you,"

"It does. Regardless, on the off-chance Freya has some information that could protect my daughter, I'd prefer she share it on my terms," Klaus gestures towards his ear. "Ah, I hear her now!" Klaus exclaims. Just then, a beautiful blonde girl appears at the door. "Sister! Well, come in—make yourself comfortable."

Freya gives Rory a cautious look, scanning her from head to toe. "I thought this would be an event for family?" she inquires.

"Rory is family," Klaus places his hand on Rory's lower back.

Rory notices the unimpressed look on Freya's face, and she steps forward. "I wouldn't go as far as to call myself family, but I've been in a few life and death situations by their hands, so you could say we're pretty close," Rory smiles nervously. "I'm Rory, by the way. It's nice to meet you. You're very pretty."

Freya seems shocked at the outward compliment but takes it in stride. "Thank you," Freya nods "My name is Freya."

"Oh, I know. I've heard all about you,"

"Enough with the introductions," Klaus interjects, stepping in between the two ladies. "Shall we eat?"

☆*.·*·.*☆。

The rest of the breakfast is followed by an intense story-telling by Freya, who explains the abusive and power-hungry nature of the Mikaelson siblings' aunt Dahlia. Klaus doesn't look like he's buying the story whatsoever—which doesn't surprise Rory, given his default setting of distrust—but Rory is hooked on every word. She feels for Freya, she really does.

She can't imagine living the life that Freya does, having to wake only for a year at a time.

"Well, that's quite the ordeal, isn't it? But it does beg the question—why not end it yourself?" Klaus inquires. Rory's head turns to face him, a scowl on her face at his rude question. "A high enough bridge, a tight enough noose? You must have considered it."

Rory's slams the heel of her shoe against Klaus' foot, making the hybrid jolt violently in surprise and pain. "Don't be an ass," she snaps.

"It was just a question," Klaus frowns petulantly.

"A shitty one,"

Freya looks between the former couple, before a resigned sigh leaves her lips. "Long ago, I did consider it. But Dahlia would never give me even that freedom. I would learn later that the spell made me like her—immortal and impervious to harm. So, you see, I am like you; a creature of great power, cursed for all time."

"I'm so sorry," Rory blurts, making the siblings turn to face her. Freya gives her a small smile. "It sucks. I mean, it really fucking sucks. I can't even imagine..."

"It has been difficult, yes. But I would never want the same fate for somebody else. That is why I would like to put a stop to Dahlia's ways," Freya responds.

"Yeah, I mean. I understand. To live like that...only a year," Rory shakes her head solemnly. "That's awful."

"Yes, yes. It's so terrible," Klaus sinks glumly in his chair, nursing the glass of alcohol in his hand.

Rory rolls her eyes. "Excuse him. He has the attitude of a seven-year-old,"

"I do not—" Klaus blanches.

Freya gives her an amused smile. "That has not escaped me,"

Elijah's phone rings in his pocket. He picks it out of his blazer and holds a finger up to signal for a moment of privacy before he gets up to leave the room. Klaus continues to pout in his chair, refusing to speak to Freya. Rory sighs, turning to face her.

"So, you're the oldest sibling?" Rory asks, attempting to make polite conversation.

"Yes, Finn and me," Freya replies. Rory freezes at the mention of the male Original, her hands clamming up. Freya doesn't miss it. "Are you alright?"

"Uh, yeah," Rory lies, tucking a hair behind her ear.

"Please," Klaus interjects with a scoff. Rory closes her eyes as he sits up, a scowl on his face. "Tell her, Rory. Tell her what her beloved Finn has done."

"Klaus, just leave it alone. She doesn't know," Rory snaps.

"What did he do?"

"Nothing," Rory bites out through gritted teeth.

"Well, your darling, darling brother has put a hex on Rory," Klaus places his hands on the table, a fake smile on his lips. "He kidnapped her, tortured her with memories of her past ancestors, and has set her off on a murderous rampage in which she almost killed the ones closest to her at Finn's behest."

Freya's lips part in shock. "You're the doppelganger," she says. "You were the one that he was talking about when he said...when he said he almost found a cure—"

"Yes, he almost found a cure. At the cost of Rory's sanity," Klaus gives her a scalding glare. "That is the brother you seek to protect. That is the man that's residing in your pendant."

"Finn's in...Finn's in there?" Rory gestures towards the blue pendant hanging around Freya's neck.

"His soul is, yes," Freya replies.

"I see," Rory looks down at her hands, nodding quietly.

Another awkward silence descends upon them. This time, Rory does not speak. She doesn't think she wants to anymore. She doesn't know whether Finn can hear her, or what it means now that Finn's spirit resides in Freya's pendant, but she doesn't think she wants to know.

Just then, Rebekah walks into the compound. She pauses at the table, a frown on her face. "Brunch?" she inquires. "Did no one think to invite me?"

☆*.·*·.*☆。

Klaus has gathered the rest of his siblings—sans Freya—and Rory into the study upstairs, leaving the older woman on her own as they discuss Rebekah's situation. Honestly, Rory's kind of thrown for a loop—she hasn't been up to date with the current situations happening, so finding out that the owner of Rebekah's vessel was trying to get her body back was kind of freaking her out.

See? This is why we don't steal bodies from the street!

"It was this witch, Eva! The nocturnal cow is inside of me trying to bust her way out!" Rebekah exclaims, throwing her hands up in exasperation.

Elijah turns to face Klaus expectantly. "Freya is waiting downstairs. Perhaps we should—"

Klaus interjects with quickness. "Have you lost your mind? Tell me we're not considering opening our sister's mind to someone we barely know!"

"Nik, for God's sake, she is our sister! I've known her since she saved me from the Fauline Cottage!" Rebekah exclaims.

"An act no doubt meant to secure your trust! Perhaps for this very moment, to strike when we are vulnerable!" Klaus shouts. "No, we've no way of knowing that anything she said today is true."

"I can't believe you talk like this," Rory says from the couch, staring at the hybrid in shock. He turns to her, raising a questioning eyebrow. She shakes her head. "Sorry. I just can't believe that someone can be this dramatic."

Klaus opens his mouth to respond, but Elijah cuts in. "Niklaus, I understand your concern. Both of us are powerless to help our sister. Now, either we leave Rebekah to suffer, or we place our faith in the hands on someone I believe to be our blood. Right now, I'm inclined to give the benefit of the doubt to family."

"You're joking," Klaus says.

"I am not," Elijah stands, turning to walk out of the study. "I am going to retrieve her. Please, do not ruin this."

Elijah turns on his heel, walking out of the room. Klaus turns to face Rory, crossing his arms over his chest. "Can you believe this?" he questions.

"Yes," Rory says. Klaus' eyes widen dramatically. Rory crosses her arms over her chest. "Elijah's always done what it takes to make sure that everything comes out okay. And, Freya has the story to back it up. Not everyone is out to get you, Klaus."

"But she cannot be trusted!" Klaus argues.

"To you, nobody can be trusted,"

"Yes. It's why I've lived this long,"

"No, you've lived this long because you're literally immortal. If you were a normal vampire, you'd probably be dead considering you run your mouth like no one's business," Rory stands up, poking his cheek. "Seriously, everything's going to be fine. At this rate, we should prioritise Rebekah. It doesn't sound too good."

"Rory..." Klaus trails off.

"Just take a chance," Rory interjects, squeezing his arm. "Listen to what she has to say."

Before Klaus could protest more, Elijah enters the room with Freya in tow. Klaus immediately stiffens as Rebekah straightens her back, a smile on her face. "Rebekah!" Freya exclaims. "It's good to see you again."

"And you! Although, I'd prefer better circumstances," Rebekah replies pleasantly.

Klaus scowls at the familiar greeting, turning away with a childish huff. He makes his way towards the tray of alcohol, pouring himself a scotch. Passive aggression drips off his every pore as he pouts petulantly, showing his back to his siblings. Rory has to resist the urge to burst out laughing.

"You needn't worry. Elijah explained the problem, and I can help," Freya tells Rebekah.

"Rather confident, aren't we?" Klaus mutters particularly loudly. Rory snorts. Freya turns to face her younger brother, amused.

"The spirit of the host body is powerful, but I can cast a spell. Put you in a deep sleep, and then suppress this other essence. You'll be just fine," Freya says.

Rebekah smiles nervously. "Lovely. When do we start?"

Klaus groans. "Oh, you've got to be kidding me. She spouts off some magical diagnosis, and we're all supposed to applaud?"

"Nik, she's trying to help!" Rebekah exclaims.

"Yes, but for the sake of keeping our options open, why not write down your spells and incantations, that way we can have them double-checked by an impartial third party? Say, Davina. She'd love to prove me wrong,"

"Davina is not impartial. She hates you," Rory comments.

"Exactly why she'd be a wonderful third party!" Klaus points at Rory.

Freya scowls, offended. "I doubt she'd be able to understand my magic, let alone have the power to execute it,"

"Oh, so you're my only hope, then? Seems rather convenient, doesn't it?"

"I knew it would be difficult to earn your trust, Niklaus. Your reputation precedes you. But, if we are to face Dahlia together, you will have to trust me. Given the peril that Rebekah now faces, are you truly incapable of giving me a chance to prove myself?"

Klaus rolls his eyes at Freya's passionate words, turning his back on her again. He walks back towards the alcohol tray. Rory spares Freya an apologetic glance, following after the hybrid. She places a hand on his back, lowering her voice.

"Can't you give her a chance?" Rory asks softly.

"I don't trust her," Klaus mutters.

"What if she's the one chance that Rebekah has?"

"We'll find another way,"

"Klaus, think rationally. This woman could potentially help your sister and your daughter," Rory pleads. "I'm worried about Rebekah. If she's really losing time and showing up at places she doesn't remember going—"

"—we'll find another way," Klaus interjects, determined.

"Your paranoia will ruin you,"

"It hasn't failed me yet,"

Klaus tilts his head back to down his glass of scotch. Rory glances at him, disappointed. "There is nothing that can replace what was taken from us. But I hope we can make something better in its place. All you have to do... is trust me," Freya says.

Klaus rushes away from Rory's side, appearing behind Freya. He violently twists Freya's head, snapping her neck. The witch slumps in his arms, dead. Rory gasps in shock at the hybrid's violent outburst, Rebekah standing up in fury.

"NIK!" Rebekah shouts.

"Well, that's enough of that, don't you think?" Klaus asks, dropping Freya's body. "Now we can have a proper family meeting."

"You could have just told her to leave!" Rory sputters.

"I did," Klaus shrugs.

"You could've asked her again! You didn't have to kill her!"

"As I've told you, Rory. I'm very much the type that kills first and asks questions later," Klaus smiles, serene.

"Oh my god. You are so," Rory mimes choking the air. She lets out a breath of frustration. "You are so annoying."

"I've heard worse," Klaus retorts.

"I'm sure you have!" Rory exclaims. "Well, what the hell are we going to do now?"

Klaus shrugs. "She says she's immortal. I say we wait,"

"Oh, she's definitely going to want to help us now that you've snapped her neck," Rory grabs her pack of cigarettes, squinting at him in annoyance. "If she doesn't wake up, you better have found a way to perform magic and help your sister out of her situation."

"If she was telling the truth at all, she'll wake up," Klaus sniffs.

"You're incorrigible,"

"Where are you going?" Klaus asks as he notices Rory shrug on her coat.

"I need to take a walk," Rory says, stepping out of the study. "You wanted me to be the mediator, well, I'm quitting. My client is too annoying."

"Rory!" Klaus calls as she descends the staircase.

"Here's my resignation!" Rory flashes him the middle finger, barely sparing him a glance backwards as she walks out of the compound.

☆*.·*·.*☆。

By the time Klaus finally contacts her again, night had fallen. Rory spent most of her day at Rousseau's, flipping through a book in mild disinterest. Honestly, she just wanted Klaus to settle things on his own. His tantrums were draining, and Rory could only take so much. She wasn't at her best mental capacity; she needed to remove herself from the situation as soon as it got overbearing.

The text that Klaus sends her is simple and short. Everything's fine. I'm sorry. Come back home.

She pockets her phone, standing up from the table she was sat in. She tosses a few bills to pay for her drinks, tucking her book into her bag and leaving the bar. She stuffs her hands into her coat pockets as she makes her way back to the Abattoir, only to stop in her tracks as she comes face to face with Freya Mikaelson.

"Oh," Rory says. "Freya. Hi."

She gives her a sullen smile. "Hello. Rory, isn't it?" she asks. Rory nods. "I'm not here to hurt you. I...I promise."

"I didn't think so. But just a forewarning, I do bite," Rory says, raising a warning finger in Freya's direction.

Freya chuckles lightly as they start walking down the street. "My brother...Finn...he really put a hex on you?" she questions.

"Mm," Rory pauses in her steps, turning around. She brushes her hair to one side, revealing the P branded into the back of her neck. "Got the cool scars to show it and everything."

Freya brushes the tip of her finger against the marred skin, exhaling softly. "I did not know," she responds quietly.

"Well," Rory drops her hair, letting it rests against her shoulders. "I don't suppose you have any way of undoing it?"

Freya licks her lips, shaking her head. "Hexes are...hexes are permanent. What I can do, however, is to hide it," she explains. "Anybody with magic strong enough can take control of you with that brand on your neck."

"You're kidding," Rory says, parting her lips. "So that stupid P on my neck is practically free access to my head?"

"In simpler terms, yes," Freya looks apologetic. "I can prepare a paste for you maybe, to hide the magical signature, but...unless there's a way to take away the magic, then there's nothing I can do about it."

Rory sighs, slumping. "Okay," she says, a little disheartened. "Okay, yeah. Can you make that paste for me?"

Freya nods. "Would you like to come with me?" she questions.

"Sure," Rory shrugs. Freya smiles again, and both of them set off in the opposite direction of the Abattoir. And then, Rory realises. "Wait... you said take away the magic. Hypothetically...what if I knew someone that could, in a way, siphon magic?"

Freya turns to face her, cocking her head. "Meaning?"

"Like, they could suck the magic out of anything. Objects, people, towns..."

Freya hums a little. "Well, it could be a possibility. Hexes are magic,"

"So if there was a way for someone to hypothetically take away the magic in this hex, all would be good?"

"Is there someone that can "siphon" away magic? I have not heard of such a creature,"

Rory's lips upturn into a small smile. "Yes," she says. "Actually, there is. But he's somewhere back in Virginia."

A/N: AND I OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

956K 21.9K 36
𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐁𝐄𝐒, didn't expect that she'd become interested in one of the originals. Not at all, in fact. Being twins with Caroline, she'...
16.7K 428 12
[ ABANDONED ] "Living or dying. Which is better?" [ KOL MIKAELSON X OC ] [ TVD SEASON 3-4 ]
27.9K 962 10
The Vampire Diaries Season Three to TBD Kol mikaelson x OC
408K 8.7K 34
❝𝗪𝗲 𝗕𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴❞ ✧ ೃ༄ 𝖶𝗂𝗇𝖾 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗂𝗇𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗍𝗁 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝗅𝗈𝗈𝖽𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗍 𝖾𝗒𝖾𝗌 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗄 𝗐𝖾'𝗋𝖾 𝖻𝗈𝗍𝗁 𝖿𝗎𝖼𝗄𝖾𝖽 𝗎𝗉 𝖺𝗇𝖽...