descent | πŠπ‹π€π”π’ [HIATUS]

By totheIakes

Whether you come as lover or executioner, I am ready to receive you. Β© totheiakes The Orig... More

𝐀𝐂𝐓 πŽππ„.
𝐚𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐑𝐞𝐭𝐒𝐜𝐬
𝟎𝟎
𝟎𝟏
𝟎𝟐
πŸŽπŸ‘
πŸŽπŸ’
πŸŽπŸ“
πŸŽπŸ”
πŸŽπŸ•
πŸŽπŸ–
πŸŽπŸ—
𝟏𝟎
𝟏𝟏
πŸπŸ‘
πŸπŸ’
πŸπŸ“
πŸπŸ”
πŸπŸ•
πŸπŸ–
πŸπŸ—
𝐀𝐂𝐓 π“π–πŽ.
𝟎𝟏
𝟎𝟐
πŸŽπŸ‘
πŸŽπŸ’
πŸŽπŸ“
πŸŽπŸ”
πŸŽπŸ•
πŸŽπŸ–
πŸŽπŸ—
𝟏𝟎
𝟏𝟏
𝟏𝟐
πŸπŸ‘
πŸπŸ’
πŸπŸ“
πŸπŸ”
πŸπŸ•
πŸπŸ–
πŸπŸ—
𝟐𝟎
𝟐𝟏
𝟐𝟐
πŸπŸ‘
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄.
𝟎𝟏
𝟎𝟐
πŸŽπŸ‘
πŸŽπŸ’
πŸŽπŸ“
πŸŽπŸ”
πŸŽπŸ•
πŸŽπŸ–
πŸŽπŸ—

𝟏𝟐

16.4K 790 1.6K
By totheIakes

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓
﹙ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒗𝒆 ﹚
࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

            In terms of everything that's come to light lately, a wedding in the Mikaelson household is something that Rory least expected. Nevertheless, she finds that it's the only relation to normalcy that she has. Finn, as it turns out, has found out Elijah's location. Thankfully, Hope remains safe, Cami is still alive, and Elijah got free with all his limbs somewhat attached. Given the circumstances, she thinks it's the best result.

"Hey," Hayley's voice comes from the doorway, making Rory turn around with a slightly startled look on her face. The brunette is wearing a smile that looks a little too grim for a woman on her wedding day, though Rory doesn't blame her—her daughter's life has constantly been in danger and she must be losing her mind over it. "Can I come in?"

"Of course," Rory pushes away from the windowsill she's leaning against, crossing her arms over her chest. "It's not exactly... my room, so."

Hayley sits at the edge of Rory's bed, placing her palms against her thighs. "Listen, Rory, I want to... I want to say thank you,"

"For what?"

"I heard what happened yesterday. With Finn. He tried to find Hope and you... you blocked him out the best you could," Hayley wrings her fingers nervously. "And I want to thank you for not being angry at Hope because... because of what happened."

"I'm not going to be angry at a baby, Hayley," Rory rolls her eyes as she sits down next to the hybrid. "And you don't have to thank me. I've always... I've always wanted a daughter. And just because I can't have one, it doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to be happy with your own."

"I just don't get how you're not angry at me," Hayley responds, frowning. "I'd be furious."

Rory gnaws on her bottom lip, exhaling. "I was furious. For a really, really long time. Don't think that I wasn't. It was really tiring, you know? Hating people, looking for revenge. It's draining. And I remember someone told me that looking for revenge consumes them," Rory gives Hayley a meaningful look, a small smile on her face. "I was angry with you, and then I wasn't. I think... I think so much has happened to me already and I've lost so many people that I just want to be grateful for the few I still know."

Hayley smiles at Rory, her fingers playing at her bottom lip nervously. "You know, Rebekah's technically Hope's godmother, but... I kinda found out about the fact that you two had a thing,"

"You mean that we slept together?" Rory asks.

"Pretty much. She was pretty open about it. Kind of braggy, really," Hayley leans back on her hands. "And, you know... Hope doesn't have to have just one godmother."

"Are you asking me what I think you're asking me?"

"Yeah," Hayley replies. "I'm asking you to be Hope's godmother."

"You barely know me—"

"But I know that you'd do anything to protect my girl," Hayley interjects. "And I know... I know that Klaus wouldn't have anyone else. He trusts you so much, and he doesn't trust just anyone. I think that's a good sign. And I do barely know you, but I'm sure you're a person I'd like to get to know."

Rory lets out an appalled laugh, a wide smile spreading on her face. "Yes," she says. "Of course, I'll be Hope's god mother. Thank you so much for asking me!"

"You don't have to thank me," Hayley squeezes her hand. "Hey, if I could give you some advice? You know, girl to girl?" Hayley asks, making Rory raise an eyebrow. "I'm not exactly the best person to be telling you this, but... if you really love someone, you should be with them."

"Um," Rory says.

Hayley laughs, shaking her head. "I know, I'm like, the last person you should ever take advice from when it comes to your love life but... I've never seen Klaus behave with anyone the way he does about you. He's crazy about you, Rory. And I can see it when you look at him. You're equally as crazy about him,"

"I just... I just broke up with my boyfriend, Hayley. It's not fair to Dean," Rory sighs, tucking a hair behind her ear. "And I haven't seen Klaus in two years—"

"—But I don't think anything's changed," Hayley interjects. "I've seen the way you two were in Mystic Falls. The way people talk. You look at each other like... like you're the only two people in the room. And it's still that way now. I see it. Everyone sees it. I think the only people who hasn't seen it are the two of you."

Rory looks away from Hayley, starting to feel like the girl knew how she felt a little too much. Rory quickly clears her throat. "So, you're getting married today,"

"Fun way to change the subject," Hayley comments as Rory stands up to make her way towards the closet.

"Well, first thing to know about me is how great I am at avoiding my problems," Rory replies.

"Very impressive. 10/10," Hayley smiles.

"So, you're getting married today to a man named Jackson, but Klaus tells me you have a thing for Elijah," Rory raises an eyebrow as she turns to face Hayley over her shoulder.

"Trust Klaus to air out my dirty laundry," Hayley sighs.

"He airs out everyone's dirty laundry. Honestly, he's like an old lady when it comes to gossip. Even back in Virginia, he somehow knew everybody's business," Rory comments, leaning against the dresser.

"Just to give this entire wedding context, Jackson and I were supposed to get married anyway. My parents arranged it before they... died," Hayley looks down at her hands. "They arranged it to unite our packs."

"Arranged marriages to unite fractions? Very Game of Thrones,"

"Let's hope there isn't another episode of the Red Wedding tonight and everything goes well," Hayley says.

"It's a Mikaelson event in the Mikaelson home, Hayley," Rory scoffs. "If it's not a Red Wedding, I would be very surprised."

☆*.·*·.*☆。

The dress that Rory wears isn't her own, but Rebekah's. The Original had shown up in Rory's room, claiming that Kol needed her assistance. Rebekah stated that since she herself couldn't show off the beautiful garment, Rory should have a chance to. And it's beautiful, so much so that she feels like a little girl wearing her mother's clothes.

A knock sounds at her door, and Rory turns around to see who it is. The sight of Klaus doesn't surprise her anymore, but what does, is the appearance of Hope. He has her in his arms, the little girl dressed in a baby pink dress. She looks adorable, and Rory has to resist the urge to squeal and pinch her cheeks.

Klaus, however, is breathless. He planned to greet her with confidence, to tell her that the wedding was starting, however he did not expect to see the girl draped in lace fabric and silver jewellery. Her hair is curled delicately, her front hair pinned back and fastened with a pin. The rest of her curls rest against her shoulders neatly, set into place with hairspray.

She looks exquisite. Klaus doesn't know how to greet her.

Thankfully, Rory is the one that takes the reins. "Oh, hello, gorgeous!" Rory exclaims as she strides towards Hope. She wiggles her fingers in the baby's direction, Hope squealing in delight. Rory's eyes drift to Klaus, taking in his tuxedo-clad body. "Hi, Klaus. You clean up nicely."

"Thank you," Klaus says stiffly. He clears his throat upon realising how he sounded, forcing himself to relax. "You look breathtaking."

"Oh, thanks. It's not my dress, though. Rebekah's," Rory gestures towards the gown. "Since she's not here, I guess she thought I'd be a good filler."

Klaus gives her a smile. "You're stunning," he says again, just because he wants to. Rory's cheeks flush pink, her eyes looking back down to Hope. "I heard that Hayley asked you to be Hope's godmother."

"Oh, yes. She did. I hope you don't mind—"

"—I don't," Klaus interjects. "We'd discussed it beforehand. It was only a matter of who would ask. She's beaten me to the punch."

"She's great, Klaus. Very different from the way she was a few years ago, though," Rory comments.

"Motherhood tends to mellow one out. There's also the fact that she's found family here," Klaus replies.

"I can see that,"

Klaus notices the way Rory's eyes barely stray away from Hope. It's like his daughter trapped Rory in some form of enchantment. He shifts the baby against his body. "You can hold her if you'd like," Klaus says.

"Oh, I don't want to overstep..."

"You're her godmother, Rory," Klaus says quietly. "You aren't overstepping."

Rory gives him a small smile as Klaus hands Hope over to Rory. The Gilbert girl cradles Hope against her chest, a fascinated smile on her face. She places her finger against the tip of Hope's nose, making the baby girl squeal and grab at her hands.

"Rory, Niklaus," Elijah voice speaks out of nowhere, making the two look up at him. "The ceremony is starting."

Klaus nods at his brother, gesturing for Rory to follow after him. Rory steps out of her bedroom, noticing the almost full house that filled the courtyard. She recognises Davina, and she sees a stranger that stands at the groom's side. That must be Jackson. He's handsome, in a rugged way. She would consider him hot.

She and Klaus come to a stop at the balcony overlooking the guests and where the vows would take place. Rory offers to sit down with them, but he holds his hand out. "Stay," he says softly.

"I don't think I should be up here," Rory replies.

"You should," Klaus argues. "Stay with me."

Rory didn't know how to refute, so she does as told. She holds Hope against her chest as Klaus clasps his hands over his lower back. He's closer than he was before, his chest almost pressed against Rory's back. Even with her heels, Klaus towers over her. A few moments later, Elijah approaches the three of them. He spares Rory a smile before the ceremony begins.

Music begins to play as Hayley and Jackson start their ascent up the stairs, making their way towards Mary, who's prepared to read them their vows.

"Please, be seated," Mary starts as the orchestra stops the music and silence envelopes the home. "We gather together as a community seeking peace, inspired by this couple standing before you."

Rory notices Elijah's shaking hands beside her, notices the way his eyes have hardened. She whispers lowly in his direction. "Are you okay?"

Elijah inhales shakily, and his hand reaches up to fix his tie. "I'm fine," he replies.

"It's okay if you aren't, you know," Rory responds. "It's okay to feel things sometimes."

Elijah turns to look down at her, and Rory gives him a supportive smile. He doesn't exactly manage to give her one back, but he nods in appreciation. He turns back to face Hayley and Jackson, but this time, there's a resigned look on his face.

"There was a time when werewolves saw themselves not as cursed, but blessed with connection to our most pure selves. And tonight, we honour that blessing with the long-awaited unification of the two Crescent bloodlines," Mary binds Jackson and Hayley's hands together with flowers. "In doing so, we choose to embrace Hayley's vampire nature. With this union, Hayley will share her gifts with her pack. And now, your vows."

Jackson inhales deeply. "I pledge to honour you and defend you and yours above all others,"

"To share in blessings and burdens. To be your advocate, your champion," Hayley continues.

"To be your comfort, your sanctuary, and for as long as we both shall live,"

"To be your family,"

"To be your family," Jackson repeats, finishing their vows.

Rory's eyes flicker up to check for Elijah again. He looks like he's about to cry, his lips pursed tightly. Rory turns to face Klaus, and the hybrid doesn't miss the distraught look on his older brother's face. Rory lowers her free hand, the one that isn't holding Hope, and reaches out to grip Elijah's hand in hers. The older vampire looks down at her in surprise, but Rory simply squeezes his hand in support.

"You two have endured all the traditional werewolf rituals and trials. There is only one remaining. Jackson, you may kiss your bride," Mary says.

When Hayley and Jackson kiss, Elijah looks away.

☆*.·*·.*☆。

Rory finally has a chance to meet Josh and Aiden, who are a very cute and charming couple. Josh tells her that he's very familiar with her and how terrified he is of Klaus and he doesn't know how Rory manages to deal with him, but Aiden is quick to shut his boyfriend down and give her an apologetic look. In the end, it's the two of them that Rory dances with, enjoying the rest of the night.

"Do you love her?" Elijah inquires after a moment of silence, standing beside Klaus. The two brothers have been at each other's throats for the entire night, and it's just now that their argument has come to a close. They stand at the balcony overlooking their guests, but it's clear that Klaus only has eyes for one.

"It doesn't matter," Klaus says.

"Why do you say that?"

"She has another man in her life. You of all people should know why it doesn't matter whether I love her or not,"

Elijah barely flinches at his jab. "Hayley and I no longer have a future because she is married, Niklaus. From what you've told me, Rory and her boyfriend are no longer together," Elijah turns to face him. "You've loved her for a while—you've loved her for years."

"I have a daughter to worry about. I have a kingdom to run—"

"—She loves your daughter as she loves you,"

"I hurt her," Klaus finishes. "I hurt her. And I told myself that I wouldn't do it again after what happened."

"She doesn't seem angry with you," Elijah turns to face Rory once more, who spins under Aiden's arm, shrieking laughter leaving both her and Josh's lips. "I think we've all hurt her in our own way. If we hadn't found her, I think her life would be very different."

"I don't have time for this, Elijah," Klaus rolls his eyes, pushing away from the balcony.

"You saw what happened to me," Elijah calls out, making Klaus freeze in his steps. "You saw what happened with me and Hayley. Do not make the same mistake."

Klaus turns to face his brother, lips curled back into a sneer. "Don't think to therapize me, brother. You and I are not the same," he says. He picks Hope up from her carrier, descending the staircase. He gestures for the band to stop playing, the room falling into silence. "Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention please? Hayley, if would join me, I'd like to propose a toast."

Hayley pulls away from Jackson, joining Klaus at the front of the room. Rory leans against Aiden's chest, out of breath from her dancing.

"I want to welcome you all. As you know, last spring, Hayley and I had a daughter. Due to tragic circumstance, she was lost. Now, she has returned home. Her name is Hope. She will live among you, her pack; her family. We implore you—protect our daughter. Teach her. Love her as one of your own."

Rory's lips form an 'o' as she Klaus takes a glass of champagne from a busboy. Klaus' eyes, however, remain on her despite the fact that he speaks directly to the groom. "Jackson, I invite you and your bride to live here, uniting your proud and noble people in peace. Welcome to the family, mate," Klaus smiles devilishly as he raises his glass. "To Jackson and Hayley!"

Cheers ring through the compound, but Rory pulls away from Aiden's grip to look up at Elijah. There's a defeated look in his eyes, one that Rory finds herself familiar with. When she turns back to look at Klaus, he's sipping on his champagne like he didn't just ruin his brother's life.

☆*.·*·.*☆。

Rory finds Klaus in Hope's nursery, standing over her crib. She knocks at the door, causing Klaus to turn to her and gesture for her to enter. She closes the door behind her, stepping into the room.

"You look unhappy," Klaus comments. "Why?"

"You know that Elijah is in love with Hayley. You saw how hurt he was seeing her and Jackson get married, and you invite them to live with him?" Rory questions in an incredulous manner.

Klaus simply exhales. "My brother is not a child. It's the best way to protect Hope from the danger that searches her out. A whole pack of hybrids under our roof is a wall of security, lovely,"

"There's an entire apartment building right across the block and vampires have super hearing, Klaus. Did you really do this for Hope or are you doing this to hurt your brother?"

"It's a beautiful night," Klaus changes the subject, turning his gaze onto Rory. "Don't you think?"

"Don't change the subject," Rory retorts.

"I've heard enough lectures for one night, sweetheart. What I haven't had a chance to do... is to dance with you," Klaus holds out a hand, giving her an expectant look.

"Klaus—"

"—Just one dance," Klaus interjects. "And we can continue this conversation about how much of an ass I am right after."

"There's not even music," Rory rolls her eyes.

"This is New Orleans, darling," Klaus strides towards the balcony doors, swinging it open. Immediately, jazz music fills their ears as he turns to face her. "There's always music."

Klaus steps forward, reaching for Rory's hand. She sighs, letting Klaus lead her further into the room. She places one of her arms around his neck, her free hand resting in his own. His arm is curled delicately over her waist as the two of them glide across the floor smoothly despite the limited space.

"Have I told you how beautiful you look tonight?" Klaus asks.

"Just a couple of times," Rory responds.

"Allow me a couple more, then,"

Rory smirks up at him. "You're actually pretty cheesy when you want to be, you know?" she questions. Klaus simply shrugs. "Did you have a good time tonight?"

"What, at the most awkward wedding ceremony in history? Yes, it's been splendid," Klaus' tone is thick with sarcasm as Rory giggles a little. "I saw you dancing with Joshua and Aiden. You looked like you were having fun."

"I was. They're a riot,"

"Joshua was once my minion, you know,"

"Very predictable,"

"I can be unpredictable," Klaus says, looking offended.

"I'm sure you can. It's just that I know you," Rory smiles up at him. "If you didn't have minions at your beck and call, then I'd be surprised."

Klaus suddenly twirls Rory under his arm, making her let out a sound of surprise. His arm wraps around her waist, and he suddenly drops her into a dip. She squeaks as her arms wrap around his neck, not expecting the sudden change of pace. Her eyes turn to look up at him, realising how close they were.

"I told you I can be unpredictable," Klaus murmurs quietly, his nose brushing against hers.

A silence falls over the room as the hybrid lowers his head, their lips a few inches apart from touching. Just then, the door swings open. Rory grabs at Klaus' collar as he startles, almost dropping her in the process. She quickly straightens herself up, brushing herself off as Elijah and Rebekah enter the room.

"Must you intrude on every moment?" Klaus barks, annoyed.

Elijah's eyes shift between both him and Rory. "I'm not here to quarrel, brother," he ends up saying.

Rebekah looks downtrodden as she shifts her gaze to the floor. "It's Kol. I couldn't help him," the words leave Rebekah's lips, and just like that, Rory's heart plummets to her stomach. "He's not going to last the night."

Rory turns to face Klaus, placing a supportive hand over his back. "You should go see him," she says quietly.

"Rory," Rebekah calls. "You should come too," she says, wringing her hands. "I'm sure he'd like to see his friend before he goes."

☆*.·*·.*☆。

The Lafayette Cemetery is cold at night, and even more so knowing what awaits them. She pulls Klaus' coat around her tighter—the hybrid had lent her one of his spare ones, seeing that she didn't have much clothing in the compound—and followed after the siblings, her heart racing.

She overhears Kol's voice, presumably talking to Davina. "—I think I want to be alone for this bit," he says.

Just as he turns around, he's face-to-face with his family and the girl he's come to know as one of his own. Rory wants to cry at the sickly expression on his face, how pale he looks and how tired he seems.

"I'm afraid that's not an option," Elijah says.

"Always and forever is not something that you just weasel out of, brother," Klaus adds.

Kol smiles at two of his brothers, before his gaze falls on Rory. "You're here," he says. "I'm starting to think you're an angel of death, considering the last time I died, I died in your arms."

"I can... I can leave—" Rory stammers.

"—Don't," Kol interjects. "I'm glad you're here," Just as the words leave his lips, he staggers in his step. Rory rushes forward to catch him, her arms enveloping his waist to keep him steady. He lets out a laugh as blood bubbles past his lips. "I thought you didn't feel that way about me, Rory."

"I guess I'm just a romantic," Rory smiles tearily, looking up at Davina who stands at the entrance of the tomb. Her eyes are red and equally as teary, and Rory straightens Kol upwards. "Come on, let's get you somewhere warm. It's fucking freezing out here."

Rory helps Kol towards the tomb, the rest of the Mikaelsons following after them. She gently crouches on the ground, laying her bag on the floor to cushion Kol's head as she rests him on the floor. She turns to face Klaus, gesturing for him to come forward.

"Come on," she says quietly.

Klaus replaces her, and Kol seems thankful for the exchange. Rory makes her way towards Davina, who's whispering an enchantment on a bracelet. She lowers herself next to the teenage witch, placing a supportive hand over Davina's back.

"Are you okay?" Rory questions.

"No," Davina mutters. "No, but I will be. Everything will be fine."

Rory's heart falls. She sees so much of herself in Davina—the will to keep the ones that she loves alive. She sees the determination in Davina's eyes despite knowing there's no hope. Rory strokes her hand up and down Davina's back in comfort. The witch reaches out for Rory's hand, taking it in her grip. Rory lets her, simply because she knows what it's like to grieve alone.

"... All my life, all I ever wanted was for you lot to care about me," Kol says through a mouthful of blood, his hands gripping at Klaus' shirt shakily.

Rory wipes a tear from her cheek, remembering what Kol had told her once. You're talking to the black sheep of the family who would kill hundreds of people routinely just to get a semblance of attention from his siblings. I'm not a healthy person.

Rebekah grabs Kol's hand, clutching at it through tears. "Kol, listen to me. You don't have long. You're going to die," it's then that Kol begins to cry, and Davina's hand clutches Rory's tighter. "But you will die a witch, and we will consecrate your body. you will join the ancestors of the French Quarter, and those spirits can be brought back. And, I promise you, brother, I will not leave this body until I find a way to bring you home."

Davina releases Rory's hand suddenly, crawling towards Kol. "I tried a different spell," she says quickly, holding her necklace out insistently.

Kol takes her hand, squeezing it tightly. "It's okay," he says softly. "I'm not scared."

Davina breaks down into loud sobs as his eyes begin to shut. Kol turns to face Rory, and he manages one last smile before he dies.

A/N: this chapter was so damn heavy for me yall u have no idea how much i cried writing this........

um,,, rory is hope's godmother now which is fantastic and i'm happy for her and KLORY ALMOST KISSING WHATTTTT n some last kolry brotp moments before he passes </3333 i didnt want to take so much away from kol's moments with his siblings so there wasnt much back and forth banter simply bc this scene was rly touching and i think kol and rory dont have the type of friendship that requires so many declarations of love, so

can i get 90 comments for the next chapter plz <333 🥺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 59K 42
divine violence 𓍒ִ໋ the vampire diaries 𓍒ִ໋ klaus mikaelson x fem!oc 𓍒ִ໋ season two - four 𓍒ִ໋ april, 2021
52.7K 1.6K 19
The Vampire Diaries Season One to TBD Soulmate AU Kol Mikaelson x OC
16.7K 428 12
[ ABANDONED ] "Living or dying. Which is better?" [ KOL MIKAELSON X OC ] [ TVD SEASON 3-4 ]