I've Forgotten You (TFP AU)

By Arya_Skye

Years ago... The old tired doctor watched the last of the members leave through the glowing bright groundbri... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four

Chapter Twenty

323 18 7
By Arya_Skye

A little earlier, Bumblebee watched his friend and went over to him. He sat by his side and simply stayed with him. Ratchet was silent, fiddling with his ring. He took it off and examined it, frowning deeply. "I should go back to Skye, I shouldn't be gone this long." He grumbled and began getting up. Bumblebee stared at him then gripped his arm. He looked at him with concern. He could tell the silent man would be willing to go and get his wife. 

The doctor stopped and frowned as he looked at him. He shook his head. "No, you're not going. We just got you. If anyone is saving my wife, it's me." He spoke seriously and began grabbing his coat. Bumblebee shook his head and stood then hugged him tightly as he shook his head more. Tears filled his eyes as he held onto the old doctor and continued to shake his head in desperation. He didn't want him to go back to that horrible place.

Ratchet frowned as he paused when he was hugged. He hesitated and began hugging him back. "Bumblebee... you know I'm not going right now or anything. I can't do much right now. I want to figure out where my form is. We all should before we just barge into Darkmount." He muttered.

Bumblebee didn't want to let go in fear of losing him, but knew he should anyway. He slowly let go and pleaded with his eyes to go with him. He wanted to stay here but also wanted to hear from Jack. Hoping he knew where Optimus was.

"Let's not focus on saving June right now, Bumblebee. I'm not even sure where to start." He snorted. "Come with me to the hospital and just relax." He muttered. "Jack needs us more right now." he muttered. Bumblebee looked at him and nodded quickly. He let go and stepped back as he felt bad. He stared at the floor and rubbed his arm awkwardly. 

Ratchet gently nudged him and smiled a bit. "Come on, grab your coat youngling." He said and began heading to the door as he put a hat on his head. Bumblebee smiled brightly and went to get his coat. He put it on and paused as he went to find Riley, having seen her wander off, looking upset. He wanted to make sure she was okay.

The doctor paused and began following him, buttoning his coat. Riley sat on her bed, shaky a bit as she tried to control her uneven breathing. She gripped her bed comforter as she stared downward, trying to remain calm as she had a small anxiety attack forming. Bumblebee peaked into her room and blinked in surprise. He walked in and knelt in front of her. He gently took both her hands in his and breathed calmly. Trying to get her to follow as he stared at her. He managed to get the message across and he breathed with her to help her calm down. He had done this with Rafael a few times in the past.

Riley looked at him, tensing a bit and began trying to copy his breathing. She closed her eyes for a moment to focus on her breaths and she began calming down, stopping her trembling. "Th-Thank you." She whispered, curling her hands to a fist and looking down to her lap. Bumblebee watched her intently then stood and sat by her side. He found a paper and wrote a little then looked at her as he showed her.

-I get panic attacks too... it's always better for someone to be here with you. It's a lot harder to do it on your own...

Riley watched him then glanced at the paper when he showed it. She looked at him in surprise before biting her lip and looking away. "I-I don't know... I'm used to it and I don't want to bother anyone. I've had them since I knew what was going on at the surface." She whispered, the subject of the surface was intense for her. She hated it up there, everyday scared if they were going to be captured. She dreamt many nights of it. "I... I just have to take medication and know how to get out of the attack... th-thank you though." She muttered as she stared down at the floor in embarrassment. 

Bumblebee cocked his head to look at her then gently rubbed her back. He wrote again as he thought then handed it to her again. He gently kissed the side of her head then got up and left before she finished reading. He left with Ratchet to go visit Jack.

-We're doing everything we can. You won't have to be afraid too much longer... I promise our panic attacks and PTSD will be over soon. We can do this.

Riley quietly took the note then began watching them leave. She was silent, staring as she sighed softly. She looked at the paper and began reading. She nodded a little and placed it by her bedside, feeling bad that after so long they weren't catching on better. She laid down on her bed taking a moment, slowly going into an emotional exhausted nap. 

Bumblebee was silent as they walked and he shoved his hands in his pockets. He wanted the team back but was worried about everyone. Ratchet glanced at him and gave him a look of reassurance before looking ahead. "We've been through eons of problems and I never thought this would be one." He snorted a bit, trying to make light conversation even if Bumblebee couldn't talk. He tried to lighten the mood, even if he wasn't great at it. 

The scout looked at him and smiled sadly then nodded. He glanced around the area and thought about what they could do to help. They didn't even have a connection with their alternate mode, which was odd in his mind. It also worried him and he didn't know what that meant. He glanced at the older man and furrowed his brow as he noticed the scars on his temple. They were odd looking and he gently gripped his friends shoulder. He stared at them and poked them as if asking about it. The doctor felt a flash of pain and briefly saw an image he couldn't make out, followed by the sound of screaming. The memory quickly faded again and he was left with a massive headache. He found himself kneeling on the ground as Bumblebee stayed beside him. The young man gave him an apologetic look as well as a concerned one.

Ratchet grabbed onto his friends arm as he tried to stabilize himself, frowning deeply as he began to stand up. He winced and rubbed his head. "Primus..." he muttered, confused and in terrible pain. He groaned and closed his eyes that burned by the street lamps around them. "Please.. .don't touch my head..." he whispered, delicately touching his sensitive scars before rubbing his eyes with another soft groan.

The silent man gave him a sad expression and gripped his shoulders. He felt bad about hurting him and was just curious. He nodded again as he watched him and worked on helping him up. He steadied him and hugged him carefully. Ratchet sighed softly, hugging him back after a moment. He felt bad and glanced at him. "I know you were only being curious." He murmured to the young man. 

Bumblebee nodded and looked at him then smiled sadly. He sighed shakily and helped him to the hospital. He soon got him to the room where Jack was. The young man slowly looked at him as he smiled weakly. Skye looked up as she smiled a little in turn. 

Ratchet followed into the room and smiled to see his stepson was still awake. He glanced at his granddaughter and went to hug her after gently hugging Jack. "Sorry for being so long." He said gently as he hugged Skye. He glanced at Jack. "What did your doctor say?"

Jack looked at him then smiled a little as he blinked tiredly. "Just... needing... rest..." he rasped quietly. "Ratchet... I have... to... tell you...." he whispered and winced as he moved. Skye looked at him then over at her grandfather. 

The doctor blinked and walked to the bed, taking a seat beside Jack. "Easy, Jack... take your time." He muttered as he gently took his hand. 

The young man shook his head and gripped his hand weakly. "No... Optimus... is alive... he... saved... me..." he rasped.

Ratchets eyes widened. "How is... how is that possible?" He breathed, looking at him in surprise. "Where were you? Where is he?"

Jack shook his head slowly as he winced and looked at him. Skye gripped his hand as Bumblebee stared, eyes wide. "It... was when... I got... stepped on..." he rasped quietly and looked at him. "I saw him... he tried... to protect me..." he whispered as tears filled his eyes. "If... he... hadn't... I would... be... dead..." he rasped. 

The doctor frowned deeply and gave his hand a bit of a squeeze. "Jack... take a breath. You're safe." He whispered. Of course he was focused on how Optimus was alive, he was shocked, but he didn't want his stepson to further traumatize himself and keep reliving it each time he told it. 

Jack looked at him then nodded slowly as he calmed a small panic attack. He closed his eyes as Skye gripped his hand and kissed it. He didn't like to relive it and never told people how it bothered him. They needed to know what happened though. He closed his eyes as he thought about Miko and the boys. Tears of grief fell down his face as he realized they were gone. He didn't even know if his mother was alive anymore. Skye and Ratchet were the only family he had left.

Ratchet lowered his head a bit as he held onto his stepsons free hand tightly, bringing his other hand to his forehead. He sighed softly, closing his eyes. "Easy... it's going to be alright. You're safe. We're here." He murmured softly.

Jack swallowed thickly as he fought his emotions and nodded slowly. He had to hold on to what he had. Skye stared at him then looked at her grandfather. "What took you so long to get back?" She asked quietly. 

The doctor watched Jack before looking at his granddaughter. "Quinn found Miko's phone. She picked up when we called. Her, Bulkhead, Wheeljack, and the twins are with her. Safe." Ratchet began smiling, patting her hand softly. 

His stepson looked at him as his eyes widened in surprise. Skye gasped quietly and covered her mouth. "Th... they're alive?" Jack asked weakly as tears filled his eyes. Skye had a million questions run through her head as she listened to her grandfather. She grinned as tears of relief and joy fell down her face. Jack started to sob silently as he realized his beloved wife and twins were alive. He coughed a little as he sobbed more, trying and failing to keep his emotions in check. He truly thought they were gone.

Ratchet nodded and grabbed the tissue box by the chairs. He put it by his step son, giving him a few tissues. "Easy, Jack... I know." He smiled a little. "I feel the same way." He muttered. 

Skye smiled as her tears fell and she helped her father wipe his tears as he sobbed silently. She glanced at Ratchet and smiled a little more. "Where are they?" she asked knowing her father wanted to ask, but couldn't yet.

The doctor frowned. "They... should be close. Miko said they will be here soon." He muttered, his eyes looking to his hand that held his stepsons. He didn't tell Jack about his mother yet. He decided not to for a while. He was so fragile as it was. 

Jack nodded as he slowly calmed down and his tears stopped. "Thank you..." he rasped and gripped their hands weakly before he furrowed his brow. He grunted and tried to sit up. He had to get to his family.

Ratchet frowned and had him lay back down. "Stop." He muttered. "You need rest. Don't push yourself." He spoke in a serious whisper. 

The father looked at him and shook his head weakly as he tried again. "No... I have to get to my family." He said seriously and tried to get up. Skye gripped his shoulder and looked at Ratchet with concern. 

The doctor pushed him back down again, frowning. "They are coming Jack. Relax." He spoke seriously as he shook his head. "You don't need to get up. You're recovering."

The younger man blinked in surprise and looked at him. "They're coming?" He asked in surprise and his eyes widened. He sighed shakily and lay down again. Reluctant to sleep.

Ratchet nodded and rubbed the top of his hand with his thumb. "Yes. They are coming." The doctor spoke gently. He brought the covers up to his chest again and sighed softly. 

Jack exhaled shakily in relief and closed his eyes. He was already exhausted from trying to get up. He lay there as he drifted and Skye smiled a little. She was grateful that her grandfather was here to help.

The old man watched him for a moment then leaned into his chair, looking at Skye. He smiled a bit. "Are you alright?" He asked taking her hand knowing him being gone for a while bothered her. 

Skye glanced at him then smiled a little as she made sure her dad was asleep. She got up and sat by her grandfather. "Yes I'm alright.... you?" She asked and glanced at Bumblebee. 

Ratchet nodded a bit. "I'm fine. I'm glad the others are alright." He said, his voice dropping as he spoke. He was still disappointed about the situation with June. He missed her reassuring voice but listening to Skye at times reminded him of how Darby's attitudes were. He sighed softly and followed her gaze to the quiet man who was sleeping, thinking to himself. 

The young woman watched him intently for a long time and opened her mouth to say something, but stopped as her pager went off. She was being called to the surface. 

The doctors expression hardened and his grip on her hand tightened. He knew exactly what the pager meant. "Don't go." He whispered to her seriously. He didn't trust this. "I can't have you run off and maybe come back... stay. Our family is almost back together." He would rather have a positive affirmation of her coming home. Not a possibility.

Skye paused and looked at him as she blinked in surprise. "Grandad... I have to go... I have to save other people so their families can be together." She said as she smiled slightly. 

Ratchet sighed heavily. "I know..." he murmured and looked at her, smiling a bit. This wasn't what he imagined his granddaughter would be doing as a career but he figured saving people could pass in his mind. He smiled a little more, weary. "Be safe, please. I can't lose you." He spoke seriously. 

She smiled sadly and hugged him tightly. "I'll be fine, Grandad... I'll be back before you know it." She whispered quietly and gently kissed his cheek. She hugged her sleeping father then headed out. 

Ratchet watched her go and his shoulders slumped a bit. He leaned back in the chair and looked down as worry crept along his back, making a shiver go down his spine. It never felt right when she left. 

The room was silent again as Bumblebee stood in the corner while he watched. He sat by the doctor and gave him a look of concern. He heard people talking outside the room as they worked. He wondered if Ratchet was really alright or if he needed to leave this place. Get out of the hospital where he seemed to be stressed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 19.1K 24
"๐™๐™ค๐™ช๐™˜๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง๐™จ๐™š๐™ก๐™›, ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ก. ๐™„ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™– ๐™จ๐™š๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฉ" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
665K 33.6K 61
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
183K 4.9K 42
" She is my wife, stay away from her!" " Keep trying she will remain mine. " " Show me your scars, I want to see how many times you needed...
961K 21.9K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.