Open Relationship

By kryzme

James has always been the nice girl, the girl who does everything right. However, when she's torn between the... More

Open Relationship
Open Relationship - Chapter 2
Open Relationship - Chapter 3
Open Relationship - Chapter 4
Open Relationship - Chapter 5
Open Relationship - Chapter 6
Open Relationship - Chapter 7
Open Relationship - Chapter 8
Open Relationship - Chapter 9
Open Relationship - Chapter 10
Open Relationship - Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 20

332 12 2
By kryzme

Okay guys. I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. Here's the next chapter. 

Ive been busy! I just got my acceptance letter into graduate school and I'm graduating with my bachelor's in May!!! Hooray! Enjoy this as an early Christmas present. 

_______________________________________________________________

James

I hadn’t let Noah stay the night. I was still confused and I knew he understood that. Everything was still too fresh. Unfortunately, as much as I wanted to convince myself otherwise, I wanted Landon more than Noah. I don’t even think I was sure if I wanted Noah at all. He was amazing, handsome, and loved me…but I couldn’t force myself to feel something that wasn’t there.

I cursed as I threw my purse at my dresser angrily. Landon couldn’t even imagine the amount of pain he had caused in me now. I knew it was partially my fault, I had led Noah on, continuing a relationship that I wasn’t interested in at the end and let Landon believe that something was there with Noah. I had dug myself into this hole, and now I was being buried alive. I was suffocating in this dilemma, but I had repeatedly told Noah no…and he wasn’t giving up. How many times would I have to tell him I wasn’t sure before he just gave up?

I let my face fall into my hands as I started to cry. Why did I still want Landon? Why couldn’t I convince myself that someone who actually loved me and wanted me was the better option? Why was I torturing myself?

Landon

            I woke up and saw a missed call from Abby. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to listen to the voicemail she’d left me or not.  I sighed and finally decided to give in. I would have to listen to it eventually.

            “Hey Landon, it’s your sister who is still mad at you. I just thought I would at least update you. James is okay now. Noah saved her from some guys who tried to rape her in an alley. Can you believe that? I guess he’s still trying even though she told him no and that she wanted you. He’s a trooper, I think he should give up though. You should know though, eventually she’ll stop telling him no, because you gave her up. To some extent I understand your excitement for this opportunity, but I still think you’re making a mistake. You love here, you love your job, and you love James. I also know you love me, and I don’t see why you feel the need to run off to Africa and abandon us all here. Just keep in mind that once you make this decision and leave there’s no turning back from it. You should really weigh the pros and cons of this situation, and then decide if you still want to go. I have to go now. Oh and by the way I’m still mad at you.

            The message ended with that and I sighed, all of her words buzzing in my head. I thought of James, and how much fun I have when I’m with her. How I feel when our lips meet, and the way her smile reaches her eyes when I tease her. When I had first heard of the job, I had been angry at her, thinking she’d chosen Noah over me. I had jumped at it, happy to get away from all of this drama, all of this hurt. Even after Abby had told me it had been a misunderstanding, I was trying to reason with myself that this was the better choice, that I didn’t really love James, that it was just an infatuation. But did I really believe that? Could I honestly tell myself that if I went, I wouldn’t regret leaving James?

With an answer in mind, I got up and started to get ready.

Abby

I was puzzled at first when I woke up around 7 AM, but the initial confusion was quickly replaced with my heart jumping as Wes’s arms snaked back around my waist from behind me. He pulled me back against him, my backside against his (somehow, once again hard) member. I gulped at the memories of last night, how we had just jumped into it.

I didn’t regret it one bit, I was just wondering what he was thinking about it. Was this a one night stand? Was this going to turn into something? Could I go take a shower? Or would he be gone before I came back? That would really disappoint me.

These were all very important questions. Especially the shower thing…I really wanted a shower…

Wes groaned from behind me and I felt his lips press a soft kiss against my neck. A delightful shiver ran down my body and I felt his lips change into a smile against my skin.

“Mm, you smell like apples.” He murmured into my hair, inhaling deeply. I laughed.

“That’s my shampoo.” I answered, starting to wriggle out of his grasp, which only resulted in him pulling me back against him with more force.

“Where do you think you’re going?”

“To shower,” I answered, really wanting to feel the hot water on my skin, but also really enjoying being in Wes’s embrace. Such a dilemma…

Or you could stay here with me a little longer.”

“As much as I love that idea, I do need to take a shower because we’re both a sweaty mess.” I giggled. I felt him bite down playfully on my shoulder, resulting in a breathy moan escaping from my lips.

“May I join you then?” He asked and I felt another shiver run down my body from the thought of what a shower with Wes would entail.

“I’m not going to say no to that.” He pressed himself against me harder, causing me to gasp.

“Go get in that shower.” He hissed in my ear and I jumped up ready to do as he instructed. I had never been the one to let men order me around. But the sexual way Wes was taking charge was really exciting me.

I put my hand in to test the water temperature. When I felt it was satisfactory, I moved inside, feeling Wes join me from behind. He turned me to face him and kissed me full force, pressing my back to the cold shower wall eliciting a gasp from the sudden temperature change. His hard body was against mine in the most delicious manner, making me run my hands down his back and causing him to respond by moving his lips down to my chest.

I’m so glad I wanted a shower this morning….

James

My phone rang early the next morning, waking me up. I felt terrible. I hadn’t slept well, and kept waking up throughout the night. Nightmares of breaking up with Noah plagued my dreams and I had finally come to the conclusion that I had to break this off cleanly if I wanted any peace of mind. I couldn’t continue to hurt Noah, even if it meant I was alone and he could move on. He would easily get someone else, and to be honest I wasn’t sure why he wanted me so badly. I’d been a terrible person to him, indecisive. Though, at least I’d always been honest with him.

“Hello?” I answered.

“James?”

“Landon?” My voice squeaked in response. I was shocked at the sudden phone call. What did he want? My heart jumped in my chest at the sound of his voice, but was quickly followed by a painful stabbing feeling.

“Hi, I know I’m probably the last person you want to talk to right now. I think it’s better if we talk in person. I didn’t leave things right with you…it wasn’t right how I jumped to conclusions and basically yelled at you. I want to explain everything to you. Can you meet me today? Maybe for coffee or lunch?”

I was silent for a moment, still processing what he was saying. He wanted to explain things to me? So it would be easier for him to go to Africa with a clean conscience?

“I mean…I don’t know Landon…” I started, feeling uneasy with the idea of meeting him when I still felt this raw. The next time I saw Landon, if at all, I wanted to feel as if I had moved on and that the heartbreak had passed.

“Please James, it’s important.” I let out a long sigh, eyes closed, before replying.

“Okay.”

“Thank you so much, James. I’ll come pick you up in front of your place at 11?”

“Okay.” I said again, not sure if I could attempt to say anything else. I hung up before I did try to say anything else, avoiding any kind of awkward phone-goodbye.

If I thought I was avoiding any drama today though, I was sadly mistaken. There was a knock on my door only an hour later as I was getting ready to meet Landon, only this time, it was Noah.

“James, how did you sleep last night?” he asked, as he came inside. I was awkwardly in a bathrobe, fresh out of the shower.

“Um…in all honesty, not so well, Noah.” I said, my fingers fiddling with one another as I moved to sit on the couch, Noah close behind.

“Me either. I sleep much better when I’m with you.” He said with a wide smile, moving closer to kiss me, but I looked down at my hands as if I hadn’t noticed.

“That…that’s so sweet, Noah. But…that’s not what I mean.” There was silence for a moment, but I didn’t bear to look up, trying to find my nails interesting.  

“What’s wrong?”

“Noah, you know you’ve basically pushed us into this situation and I’m still so confused.” I managed, looking up at him. His face moved into one of irritation.

“We discussed this last night.”

“Not really Noah. You told me what you thought was a good idea and pushed until I said yes.” I said, letting my voice grow stronger as his did. I hoped this didn’t grow into a full blown argument. I couldn’t handle all of this stress so close together.

“Okay, you’re right.” He finally said after another moment of silence. “But I still think it’s a good idea.”

“Noah, I…I don’t.” I finally said, with as much finality as I could muster in my voice.

“James, don’t shut me out.” His expression falling into one of despair. It broke my heart, but I couldn’t falter. I couldn’t let him sweet talk me into staying again. I had to hold my ground.

“I need to separate myself completely from this after all that’s happened. I don’t think us being together is a good idea when I’m not as into it as I should be. You deserve someone who’s one-hundred percent in love with you. I can’t give you that. Not now.”

“I see. Well…can we still be friends?”

“I’d love that. But maybe not right away. We can try the friend thing once I know I’ve moved on from it all.”

“You’re just making too much sense. I don’t like it.”

I laughed at his attempt to lighten the situation. “I really do appreciate your friendship Noah. And I hate hurting you.”

“It’s okay. I brought this on myself.” He said, standing. I followed suit as he moved to the door. “I shouldn’t have pushed. You’ve broken up with me several times now and I’ve just been too stubborn to accept it.”

I gave him a sad smile before he walked out into the hallway. “Bye James.” He said.

“Bye Noah.” I whispered before he left.

I felt awful for hurting him, but I felt good for holding my ground and releasing us both from a situation I knew wouldn’t work out. Now I had to get ready for this lunch with Landon. Nothing beats two sets of hearts broken in one day right? It felt weird, getting dressed up just for him to explain why he was leaving me. I guess it was better to break it off cleanly though, than to leave it where we had.

My resolve set and strong, I continued getting ready. I could handle this.

___________________________________________

What do you all think? Let me know in the comments below! I know most of you were hating on Noah, poor guy...lol

Love you dahlings! <3  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 60 50
Something about James makes people explore themselves, confused yet awestruck by his tangy, amazing love life...which does not include a single woman...
99 0 15
Madison thought she had hit the lottery meeting the guy of her dreams and quickly all her friends could tell that she was young and in love. This dr...
169K 2.7K 11
She was good He was bad She cared what people think He cared less what people think She was his weakness He was her strength When they meet each oth...
280K 5.6K 62
He's a guy that doesn't even know the meaning of the word "love." She's a girl who's scared to know what the meaning of the word "love" is. Add them...