Open Relationship - Chapter 3

I'm trying to update quickly, but plz keep in mind that I AM in school right now, so its not easy to update all the time, okie dokes? 

Please vote and comment!!! And check out my facebook page in the external link >>>>>>

_____________________________________________________________________________-

Chapter 3

James

I had gone to the club that night, but only because I was bored. It was sad, even the nights I didn’t work at the club, I still found myself there. I was seated on the stage before the doors were opened chatting with the pianist, Lance.

“So, do you guys always do that dance to In the Mood?” he asked and I laughed. I had forgotten it was the same band from Friday night.

“Um, pretty much. My sister and I are an interesting duo.” I said.

“Well, I liked it.” He leaned closer and I jumped when I felt my phone buzz. Saved by the bell.

“Sorry, I have to take this.” I leapt off the stage and answered it without looking to see who was calling. “Hello?”

“James?”

“Who is this?” I asked.

“Oh, sorry. It’s Noah. How are you?” I felt my nostrils flare as I took in a deep breath. He had actually called?

“Um, great. I’m just at the club.” I answered.

“Working?”

“No, just here wasting time really, because I don’t really have anything else to do.” I admitted, sheepishly. Even over the phone his chuckle was sexy.

“Would you mind if I headed over and wasted time with you?” I was silent for a moment, not sure what I should say. “It’s okay if you don’t want me to.”

“No, no! Come! I was just surprised.” I blurted and he laughed again.

“See you later, then.” He hung up and I let out a happy sigh.

“Someone has on their happy smile. What’s up? What happened?” Hollis asked from behind the bar.

“Noah just called. He’s coming here to waste time with me.” I said, unable to wipe the smile from my face. Hollis reached over the bar and pinched my arm. “Ow!”

“You’re so adorable.” She teased me and went back to cleaning glasses. “It’s so cute, that you finally are acting this way about a guy.”

“What do you mean?” I asked, sitting on a stool.

“I’ve never seen you so excited about someone like this. It’s nice to see.” Hollis gave me a genuine smile. “I mean, have you honestly felt this giddy about a guy before?” I gave it a thought before answering.

“Not since high school.” I snorted.

“Don’t let that go.” She told me in a firm tone.

“Shut up and just let me have my date.” I snapped at her playfully. I went over to Jeff at the door and told him to make sure and let in a guy named Noah who was asking for me.

The doors opened at seven, as usual. I waited at the bar with Hollis as she made drinks. Before I knew it, it was nine…and still no Noah. She gave me a sympathetic look.  “Maybe he got held up?”

I rolled my eyes. “I should’ve known it would be too good to be true.” I turned and bumped right into him.

“Sorry to keep you waiting. Haven’t had too much fun without me, right?” Noah asked and I smiled.