Open Relationship - Chapter 7

• Dedicated to My cat Sookie

New Chapter! I'm sorry it's not that long, but I don't want to go into the date with Landon quite yet, because  I wanted to stretch that out. ALSO, Spring classes start on Tuesday so updates will be slower :/ 

Happy New Years Eve everyone! Thought of your New Year's resolutions yet? ...me neither....

Pic of Landon to the side in his hot sexy sexiness....sigh...

_____________________________________________________________________________

I was staring into space, remembering Landon asking me out on Sunday. It was Thursday now and our Friday date was fast approaching. “Earth to James! James!” Erica snapped her fingers in my face.

“Huh?” I asked and looked up to see her grinning. “What’s that smile for?”

“The expression on your face. Like you just won the lottery or had really great sex. Or both.” She answered and I narrowed my eyes at her.

“Oh shut up.”

“How’d that date go last weekend? You never updated me.” She pouted and sat on my desk. I felt a smile spread on my face and she laughed. “Aha! It was really great sex!”

“Well, yeah! But stop saying it so loud!” I hushed her.

“Oh please. No one’s listening.” I looked around at the bored people waiting in the room and shook my head. They were all engrossed in their phones or zoned out. “So when are you seeing him again?” she asked me.

“I don’t know. But I have a date tomorrow.”

“With a different guy?” She exclaimed. That made a few of the heads turn our way. She lowered her voice. “Who are you and what have you done with my sweet innocent James?” I shoved her playfully.

“Oh hush. Noah’s in an open relationship. I can date whoever the hell I want.”

“Does this new guy know?”

“No, but I’m going to tell him...” I said with a shrug.

“Once you know what you’re doing hun.” Erica said, sliding off my desk and starting back to her office. “Let me know how it goes!”

“Eh…” I replied back to her going back to the papers I was supposed to be sorting. I went home that evening, tired and not looking forward to my shift at the club tonight. I had taken Abby’s shift so that I could have Friday off seeing as I didn’t usually work during the week.

I changed my clothes and walked out, sluggishly moving along the sidewalk in the direction of the club. I jumped when my phone buzzed in my pocket and I picked up, seeing that I had missed four calls throughout the day. I narrowed my eyes and answered.

“Hello?”

“James Harris?”

“Speaking.”

“This is the principal of Allen-gate High School. You sent in your application to shadow a teacher in the coming semester?”

“Yes,” I said, feeling my heart start to beat faster.

“We’d like you to start next month the week before registration. You will shadow your assigned teacher three days a week until the end of the semester. How does that sound?”

“That sounds amazing! Oh my, thank you so much!” I gasped, completely in shock. After the phone call I was the most elated I’d felt in a while. I entered the club and saw both Hollis and Wes sitting at the bar and Wes cocked his head to the side.