Chapter 19

I know it's been long. Please don't kill me. Lots of things happening in my life. Love you all. Please read and forgive me, lol. 

To the side is a picture of my gorgeous boyfriend Ryan, who is actually a jazz musician which I think it's funny that there's a jazz club in this story. If you all actually want to hear him playing some jazz, his website is ryanwaszmer.com 

Enjoy the story! 

________________________

James

I was on bed rest for a few days, but I finally managed to get out of the house the following Friday night and make my way to the jazz club. Wes drove me, refusing to let me go anywhere on my own. Though to be honest, I was glad I didn’t have to walk in the dark. I sat at a table so that I could relax my knee and jumped up when Noah took a seat beside me.

“Noah?” I asked, in shock.

“I was hoping I’d catch you in here sometime. You won’t answer my calls.” I looked down guiltily. I’d been nervous about talking to him when I was so vulnerable. “Did you think about what I told you?”

I actually had thought about what Noah had told me. And the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I was more torn between Landon and Noah than I’d originally thought. Even when I’d “chosen” Landon, I couldn’t erase Noah from my thoughts. I was so lost and confused, wondering if this made me some kind of ‘love-whore’.

“Noah…”

“James, I love you.” I felt my heart stop and I looked up into Noah’s eyes. His gaze read true. I wasn’t sure what I felt then. A spark lit somewhere inside me, like fireworks bursting throughout.

“I-…I-…”

“I know you don’t love me, James. Maybe not yet. But I will work every day of the rest of my life, trying to change that.”

“Noah, I don’t want to hurt you,”

“The only thing that could hurt me is you walking away right now and not giving us any kind of chance.”

I wasn’t sure what else I could say. I did feel strongly for this man. Was it love? I didn’t know, but maybe it could grow into love. It wasn’t as if the man I thought I did love cared about me anymore anyway. Noah wanted to give me everything, all of himself. The least I could do was return the favor.

Then I wondered to myself, did I really love Landon? Could I really love someone who had chosen his career over me? Shouldn’t I at least try with Noah and see if we could really be happy together?

“Okay.” I found myself saying.

“Okay?” He repeated, his eyes lighting up.

“Yes, I really care about you Noah, and I want to see where it will go.” I was crushed in his arms in an instant, his lips pressed against my cheek.

“You have no idea how happy you’ve just made me, James.” I laughed at his words and pulled back to look in his eyes. In that moment I realized, I was just as happy about my decision.

Abby

I buzzed downstairs at James’s apartment for the third time and groaned. “Where is that girl?” I knew it was really late, but she had been locked up and sleeping for days in that apartment on bed rest. I had wanted to make her Friday night special with some wine, chick flicks, and Chinese food. I was about to give up when I turned and bumped right into Wes.

“Oomph!” He grunted as he regained is balance. “Oh, hi there Abby.” He smiled as he messed with his keys as he went to open the door. “Not to sounds rude, but what are you doing here?”