Chapter 12

Sorry its been so long everyone! With my sisters new baby and work and my friends wedding its been very hectic! Writing hasnt been the top of my list, but I have been working on everything, if slowly. I hope you enjoy this chapter! Vote and comment please! 

_________________________________________________________

James

After my endless search for a menu, I eventually just decided the two of us should go out to eat something again. “Why don’t we just make a day of it?” Noah suggested as we were heading out the door.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“Let’s have a date day.”

“That sounds corny.” I giggled. “But I like it.”

We were out walking around the city after we ate and Noah put his arm around me, kissing my cheek softly. “Wanna make out in a movie like teenagers?” He asked and I laughed.

“Such a romantic way to ask me to a movie.” I said with an eye roll. “Yeah, a movie sounds nice.” We headed toward the theater arguing over what exactly we wanted to watch when I glanced a familiar face in the line for tickets. “Oh crap.” I said, stopping mid-step.

“What is it?” Noah asked me, looking confused.

“It’s Landon, he’s in line for the movies. How about we wait a second?” I asked, and Noah looked angry for a second.

“You didn’t exactly mind flaunting it when you both were together.” He snapped and I scowled.

“I didn’t know you would be there and I left because I knew it would be uncomfortable. I don’t know why you’re getting upset anyway seeing as you’re the one who started this whole open relationship thing in the first place.” I growled and Noah let out a breath.

“Listen, let’s not argue. I’m sorry. I just don’t think that he doesn’t know that we go out together also. We’re not doing anything bad; we’re just going to a movie. Even friends do that, okay?” I sighed and nodded. He was right. I couldn’t exactly hide it from Landon, it wasn’t like he didn’t already know.

“Fine. But we’re seeing the romantic comedy then.” I stuck out my tongue at him and we walked over to the line. I prayed that Landon wouldn’t notice me, but that didn’t work out so well in my favor.

“James?” he asked as he turned from the ticket window. “And…you.” He added, a scowl spreading on his lips.

“Larry.” Noah extended his hand and Landon took it politely, both their eyes locked.

“It’s Landon, actually…Nick?”

“Noah.”

“If someone could fill me in, I’d really appreciate it thanks.” The girl next to Landon said and I glanced at her confused.

“James, this is my sister Abby, Abby, this is James, and Noah.” Landon introduced and I smiled at Abby.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you Abby, even if under such strange circumstances.”

“Ditto, Landon has told me a lot about you…A lot.” She repeated looking over at Noah distastefully.

“Yes, it’s all very complicated.” I said, feeling my face heat up in embarrassment. I’d never felt more embarrassed by the whole situation. Abby shook her head and put an arm around my shoulder unexpectedly.

“Don’t worry about it Jamesie, we’re young. It’s our time to explore.” She patted me on the back and laughed. I looked over at Landon questioningly who rolled his eyes.