Open Relationship - Chapter 2

• Dedicated to Robin Monroe

As promised, because of the evil Chapter 22 of PI I just posted, lol. Please enjoy! Vote and comment lovelies :)

This is dedicated to Robina, because she hates Noah! :D

_________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 2

After changing, I cuddled in my bed with my cat, Belz. I usually passed out after working all night, but my mind was racing with thoughts of Noah and how drop-dead gorgeous he was. He was definitely distracting. I went through my head to see if I had forgotten anything, like homework I had to finish or if I worked tomorrow. Then I remembered that I was supposed to sign up for the internship by next week so that I could shadow a teacher in the coming Fall semester. I was so close to achieving my goal and becoming a high school teacher. I just had to get a teacher to agree to let me shadow him/her and then say I’m ready. I had already done the double major of English and education. I had also scheduled the literature test that would allow me to teach the subject to high-school students. I was so close…just one more year.

I jumped at the sound of my alarm, Monday morning. I never felt like I had enough sleep. The club closed at about one AM, and it was seven now. Working two jobs was something I would never get used to. I woke up a bit more in the shower and grabbed a breakfast bar before heading out the door to city hall.

“Hey James.” Erica greeted me from her office as I headed to punch in.

“Good morning.” I replied, with a yawn. I headed to the front desk and sat. “You’re early.” I commented as she came out to my desk.

“Eh…” Erica was in her thirties, and the city administrator. “How was your weekend?” She asked and I groaned. I had worked all weekend at the club and Noah hadn’t called. I guess calling the next day was a little desperate, but I had still hoped. “That bad, eh?”

“It wasn’t terrible. Just not as good as I’d hoped.” I said with a shrug. I went into the pile of mail and papers and started sorting.

“Really now? What were you hoping for?” She asked, leaning on my desk. This was normal for Erica. She didn’t usually get busy until meetings which started around nine. She usually either didn’t show up until nine, or blew the hour gossiping with me. I wonder what she did before I worked here.

“Well, there was this guy I met at the club. He said he’d call, but he didn’t.” I replied, monotone. I usually loved my chat time with Erica, because she made time fly here. However, today I was too tired.

“Don’t worry James, I’m sure he will. You’re hot, he’s probably just trying to not seem desperate.”

“Well, he’s doing a good job of making me feel desperate.” I grunted, letting my head fall onto the desk and groaning. “I’m so tired.”

“I can tell. How much sleep did you get?”

“Some. I don’t even know.” I mumbled. I looked up to see her giving me a worried glance. “Don’t worry about it. It was enough to function.” I tried to wave away her worry.

“Fine, I just don’t see how you do it. Work all night and then come in here. I don’t think I could.” She said. I yawned is response which caused her to yawn. “Not fair! No yawning!”

Eventually, Erica left me to my work and I had to fight to stay awake. When lunch time finally came, I headed down to the café down the street to grab a sandwich and soda. I was hoping the caffeine would help. I was just heading out the door when I heard a throat clear behind me. “Well, isn’t this a coincidence?” I looked around to see Noah, a smile bright on his face. He looked dressed for work, in a dress shirt, tie, and slacks. I blinked in shock for a moment before answering.