descent | 𝐊𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐒 [HIATUS]

By totheIakes

Whether you come as lover or executioner, I am ready to receive you. © totheiakes The Orig... More

𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄.
𝐚𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐬
𝟎𝟎
𝟎𝟏
𝟎𝟐
𝟎𝟑
𝟎𝟒
𝟎𝟓
𝟎𝟔
𝟎𝟕
𝟎𝟖
𝟎𝟗
𝟏𝟏
𝟏𝟐
𝟏𝟑
𝟏𝟒
𝟏𝟓
𝟏𝟔
𝟏𝟕
𝟏𝟖
𝟏𝟗
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎.
𝟎𝟏
𝟎𝟐
𝟎𝟑
𝟎𝟒
𝟎𝟓
𝟎𝟔
𝟎𝟕
𝟎𝟖
𝟎𝟗
𝟏𝟎
𝟏𝟏
𝟏𝟐
𝟏𝟑
𝟏𝟒
𝟏𝟓
𝟏𝟔
𝟏𝟕
𝟏𝟖
𝟏𝟗
𝟐𝟎
𝟐𝟏
𝟐𝟐
𝟐𝟑
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄.
𝟎𝟏
𝟎𝟐
𝟎𝟑
𝟎𝟒
𝟎𝟓
𝟎𝟔
𝟎𝟕
𝟎𝟖
𝟎𝟗

𝟏𝟎

15.4K 695 854
By totheIakes

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓
﹙ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒆𝒏 ﹚
࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

   Rory doesn't even realise what's happening until Sam practically tosses her across the room. Her back slams against the wall, her fangs still bared. Blood—Dean's blood—drips past her lips, and she pants as she takes in stuttering breaths. She doesn't even know who is in control of her body at this point, because she's fairly certain it isn't her. It can't be her, because she wouldn't hurt Dean, but the only thing she can smell is the blood leaking from the wound on his throat.

   Rory lunges for Dean once more, but Sam rushes towards her, slamming her against the door. She growls at him, grappling at his arms. "Rory!" Sam yells at her, using his own vampire strength to keep her pinned. "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

   "Let go of me," Rory's eyes are no longer vampire red, instead blackened completely. She looks out of it—almost animalistic. She grips Sam's wrist in her hand, crushing his bone in her grip. Sam lets out a startled sound of pain, his grip loosening around her shoulder.

   She rushes past Sam, her eyes dead set on Dean's body on the ground. He's still alive, a shaking hand pressed against the wound on his neck. "Rory, no," Dean manages to muster out through a mouthful of blood. He's losing consciousness, fast, and he presses his back against the opposite end of the room. "Please, whatever's going on with you, you need to fight it."

   "Nothing's wrong with me, Dean," Rory says. "I'm just hungry."

   She steps forward, only for a startling pain to start in her stomach. She looks down to see a wooden stake speared through her abdomen, just centimetres away from her heart. She turns around to face Sam, who looks both apologetic yet determined to put a stop to her antics.

   "Don't make me do this, Rory," Sam warns.

   Rory reaches for the stake in her stomach, slowly pulling it out. It's uncomfortable, and horribly painful, but there's something in the back of her mind that tells her to kill, kill, kill. She spins the pointed end towards Sam, aiming directly at his chest. She pulls her arm back, intending to spear it through Sam's heart, but a wooden bullet is shot between her eyes.

   The vampire drops the stake, falling to the ground, unconscious. Dean, whose free hand is curled around a gun from his bedside table, exhales in relief.

   "I think we need to take her back to Klaus," Sam says after a moment of silence.

   "Yep," Dean grunts out, attempting to sit up. "But before that, could you maybe heal me? Because I'm starting to see three of you."

⋆。˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆

   When Rory wakes up again, she feels slightly sluggish, but doesn't feel as disconnected as she did when she was awake a few hours ago. She blinks in a slightly confused manner, her eyes flickering around when she realised that she wasn't in the comfort of her home, but she was back at the Mikaelson compound. She licks her chapped lips, but when she tries to stand up, she realises that she can't. She looks down at her wrists, realising that she's strapped down to a chair, a similar position she found herself in earlier that day.

   "Hello?" Rory calls out. "Hey, what the hell is going on?"

   To her surprise, it's not Sam or Dean that comes into the room. It's Klaus. He purses his lips in a grim fashion, closing the door behind him. "You're awake," he says. "Good."

   "You want to tell me why I'm strapped to a chair?" Rory asks, attempting to brush aside the fact that she was starting to feel a prickle of familiarity. The position she finds herself in brings her back to Mystic Falls, when she found herself weakened and half-starved.

   "Because you tried to attack your boyfriend," Klaus states. Rory's mind immediately blanks. She blinks at him, her lips parting in surprise. Klaus doesn't seem surprised that she's shocked. "Correction—you did attack your boyfriend. Luckily, Sam was there before you could do any serious damage."

   "No," Rory says. "No. I wouldn't."

   Klaus sighs as he crouches in front of her. "We don't exactly know the extent of Finn's hex, but it's clear that he has somewhat of a hold on you. Kol thinks that he's able to take control of your mind, just for a while, with that little mark on your neck,"

   "I hurt... I hurt Dean?" Rory stammers. "I hurt him?"

   "You weren't in the right mind, lovely. Quite literally," Klaus says quietly. "It's alright. He's not angry with you."

   "If he's not angry with me, where is he?" Rory asks. Klaus sighs in response. "He's scared of me, isn't he?" Rory inquires softly. Her bottom lip trembles as she slouches in her chair. "He's terrified of me. I almost killed him."

   "But you didn't. Yes, he is a little... shaken, but that's a given. Everything will be alright. I've explained the situation to both him and Sam; they don't hold it against you," Klaus responds. "Everything is going to be alright, Rory. I promise you."

   Klaus reaches forward to undo the straps around her wrists, but Rory speaks out. "Don't," she interjects. "Don't... don't take off my restraints. I don't trust myself. I don't trust Finn," Rory whispers. "I don't want to hurt people anymore."

   "I don't want to leave you here," Klaus argues.

   "You don't have a choice," Rory says. "You don't understand, Klaus. In that moment, I just... I just blanked. It felt like I was a ripper again, except everything felt multiplied. I was ravenous. I couldn't think—I couldn't even comprehend..." Rory trails off, looking down at her lap. "I didn't even realise who was sitting in front of me. All I could smell was his blood."

   "This isn't you. This is Finn. This is my brother—"

   "—No, Klaus, it's me," Rory intervenes. "I never... I never really got better," she swallows thickly. "I never found my happy medium. In those two years, I almost fell back into my old ways. But when Sam turned... god, Sam is the vampire I wish I was. He helped me ration my blood. The only reason I didn't go on a full-blown binge is because of Sam. He was a hunter before he got turned so he knew exactly how to wrangle vampires. Now that Finn has amplified that, I don't know... I don't know what this could mean."

   "You wouldn't hurt them, Rory," Klaus says after a moment of silence.

   "But I did," Rory whispers. "I was going to put a stake through Sam's heart and I almost tore out Dean's throat."

   "But it wasn't your will. You didn't want to do it. You wouldn't hurt the people you love. I know this. I know you. I know your heart," Klaus reaches forward, tucking a hair behind her ear. "If you wish to be kept here, if you think that's what's best, then I'll respect that decision. But don't you ever for a second think that this is your fault."

   Rory exhales shakily, nodding. "I want to be left down here. It's for my own good," she says, determined. Klaus looks crestfallen at her response, but nods nonetheless. "Do you have any idea where Finn is?"

   "No, I'm afraid I don't. Kol, Davina and I have been searching up and down the city. He's nowhere to be found. It's like he disappeared," Klaus pursed his lips. "Davina thinks he's channelling something to block their locator spells."

   "Well, this is just great," Rory looks up at the ceiling. "They don't, by any chance, have a way of fixing me, do they?"

   "I'm sorry, love. They don't,"

   "Okay," Rory sighs. "Okay, that's fine."

   Klaus gives her a small, hesitant smile. "I'll come back to check on you in a few more hours, alright? I have to leave for a while—Rebekah is missing,"

   Rory frowns. "Where'd she go? Did Esther do someth—"

   "Not Esther. Kol," Klaus presses his fingers against the bridge of his nose. "Instead of transferring Rebekah's soul to our agreed vessel, he decided to pull one over us and put her in someone else's, and we've no idea where she is."

   "Are you serious?" Rory questions incredulously.

   "Unfortunately,"

   "Well, you should probably go ahead and fix that," she mutters, slouching in her seat. "I'll be here. Rotting. With nowhere else to go."

   Klaus gives her a sympathetic smile, patting her hand. "I'll see you later,"

   Rory only musters another grimace.

⋆。˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆

   Rory doesn't know how much time has passed, but Klaus doesn't return. He does send a vampire down with a few blood bags that Rory empties within a few seconds, and the vampire does let her know that the hybrid had run into certain complications. Rory doesn't bother to ask what the "complications" were, because it's clear he's been compelled considering he forgets why he's there as soon as he places the blood bags in front of Rory.

   She thinks it's been two days—or maybe she's just dramatic and she's overexaggerating the amount of time that's passed—when the door finally opens again. She looks up to see not Klaus, but Dean standing in front of her. She's surprised to see him, but she's at least glad to know that he's alive.

   "Dean," she greets. She's hyperaware of the distance that he keeps from her despite her being strapped to a chair. It hurts her, and she knows that he's frightened, but she can't blame him. She would be too.

   "Hey," he says. "Sam doesn't know I'm here."

   "Does Klaus?"

   "He hasn't been in the compound lately. Finn kidnapped Marcel," Dean scratches the back of his neck. "Everyone's been pretty much running around like headless chickens. It's why it took me so long to come down and see you. That, and..."

   "And that you were afraid of me," Rory finishes.

   Dean sighs, looking down at his hands. "It's nothing against you, Rory—"

   "Don't explain yourself to me, Dean. You don't have to. I understand. I'd be afraid of me too. Honestly, I just..." Rory trails off. "I'm sorry that I hurt you. I didn't know what came over me."

   "It's fine,"

   "It's not fine. It's not fine and you know it isn't," Rory argues. "I could've killed you. If Sam wasn't there... god, Sam was there and I almost killed him. I can't trust myself around anyone anymore."

   "It's not your fault," Dean responds.

   "That doesn't change what happened," Rory replies. "That doesn't change that I could've seriously hurt you, Dean. I did seriously hurt you."

   "I got you back," Dean gives her a small smile. "That bullet in the head must've hurt like a bitch."

   "Well, I was kind of out of it, so I didn't really feel the pain. I'm glad that you had the gun, though. I take back everything I said about deadly weapons by the bed," Rory jokes. Dean laughs, nodding. Her eyes soften as she licks her lips. "Listen, Dean... I think... I think we need to have that talk."

   "I have a feeling that what you want to talk about and what I want to talk about are very different things," Dean says.

   Rory purses her lips. "I'm not exactly sure what it is you want to talk about, but I..." Rory swallows thickly, her fists clenching. "I think we need a break."

   Dean gnaws at his bottom lip. "Well, that's definitely not what my talk was about, so I guess I'm correct," he grimaces a little.

   "Dean, I'm sorry. I just think... I think that right now isn't the best time for me to be in a relationship,"

   "Is this because of Klaus?"

   "No, Dean. It's not. It's because of the fact that I don't even know who's in control of my body anymore," Rory responds. "It's because that I don't even know who I am. I mean, Finn has got it in his head that I'm Katherine and Tatia... that I'm Amara. I was so determined that my body was my own, but lately, I'm not even sure about that. It's not about Klaus. Hell, it's not even about you. It's about me."

   "I thought you were at least above the it's not you, it's me, shtick," Dean states.

   "I am. But it's the truth. I don't want... I don't want to think about hurting anyone else that I care about. I can't afford to think about whether I'm going to lose control and feed on you; that I'm going to kill you. You're a human, Dean,"

   "But you of all people know that I ain't fragile, Rory. I'm fine,"

   "You're fine because Sam was there. What if next time I lose control again and he isn't?" Rory interjects. "What if I kill you and you have vampire blood in your system, Dean? What then? Are you going to complete the transition? Because you and I both know that you do not want to be a vampire."

   "I don't want a break, Rory," Dean argues. "I really... I really like you. I love you. I don't care about all of this—we can manage."

   "Don't, Dean," Rory shakes her head. "Don't put me in this position again. I'm trying to protect you."

   "I can protect my own damn self! I'm a grown man!" Dean exclaims.

   "I know you are! But you're still human and you're still..." Rory trails off, letting out a frustrated sigh. "You're still you. I don't want to hurt you anymore than I already have."

   "Two years. Two years and you're going to throw this all away,"

   "I said I needed a break, Dean. I never said that I was going to throw it all away—"

   "Let's be real, Rory. Do you honestly think that after we have this "break" you're going to come back to me? Because the way I see it, you already have someone else waiting for you on the other side," Dean interjects. Rory blinks at him, surprised. He lets out a small laugh. "Come on, angel face. I'm not as stupid as you think I am. Klaus is still in love with you and you're still in love with him. I think that after you get me out of the way, he's going to see an opportunity and he's going to take it."

   "Dean, don't make this something it's not,"

   "Isn't it, though?" Dean asks. "I mean, since you've been back here you've been keeping secrets, you didn't even tell me that he's been living here until weeks later. Not to mention that you left town with him and his family. And despite that..." Dean trails off. "Despite that, I still want to be with you."

   "Please, Dean," Rory says quietly. "I don't want to hurt anyone else."

   He exhales, turning to leave the room. "Yeah, well. I guess it's kind of impossible at this point," he states, shutting the door behind him.

A/N: the entire time i was writing this chapter taio cruz's "break your heart" kept playing on a loop in my head and wow it was really distracting but why is that literally rory's themesong at this point

any man in rory's life: hi
rory: 🎶i'm only gonna break break ur break break ur heart🎶

sorry for the short chapter today i realise that if i added more it would literally be a 12k word chapter and none of yall wanna read that so.

can i maybe get 90 comments for the next chapter? 😢🥺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

956K 21.9K 36
𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐁𝐄𝐒, didn't expect that she'd become interested in one of the originals. Not at all, in fact. Being twins with Caroline, she'...
28.1K 1K 21
𝒐𝒐𝒐 ┊𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖. ❪ klaroline! ❫ ❛ 𝗁𝖾'𝗌 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖻𝖺𝖻𝗅𝗒 𝗌𝖼𝖺𝗋𝖾𝖽 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗍𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝗂𝗍 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝖺 𝗆𝗂𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗄...
16.7K 428 12
[ ABANDONED ] "Living or dying. Which is better?" [ KOL MIKAELSON X OC ] [ TVD SEASON 3-4 ]
408K 8.7K 34
❝𝗪𝗲 𝗕𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴❞ ✧ ೃ༄ 𝖶𝗂𝗇𝖾 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗂𝗇𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗍𝗁 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝗅𝗈𝗈𝖽𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗍 𝖾𝗒𝖾𝗌 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗄 𝗐𝖾'𝗋𝖾 𝖻𝗈𝗍𝗁 𝖿𝗎𝖼𝗄𝖾𝖽 𝗎𝗉 𝖺𝗇𝖽...