Cliches | Yoonmin

By orangexmint

"This is so cliche," "Is it?" "You're my boss," "Is that wrong?" "I never said that," "I want you, Jimin," "I... More

Author's Note
character profiles
Clichés
prologue
ooo
oo1
oo2
oo3
oo4
oo5
oo7
oo8
oo9 (m?)
o1o
breaking news
o11
o12
o13
o14
o15
o16
o17
o18
breaking news
o19
o2o
o21
o22 (m)
o23
o24
o25
o26
o27
o28 (m)
o29
o3o
o31
o32
o33
breaking news
breaking news
breaking news
o34
o35
o36
o37
o38
o39
breaking news
breaking news
breaking news
o4o
o41
o42
o43
o44
o45 (m)
breaking news
breaking news
breaking news
o46
o47
o48
o49
o50
breaking news
o51
o52
o53 (m)
breaking news
breaking news
o54
o55
o56
breaking news
Epilogue
Author's Note
bonus chapter - tangled...I see what you did there
bonus chapter - I do

oo6

3.3K 201 17
By orangexmint

TUESDAY

______

YOONGI LET OUT A LAUGH, LEANING BACK IN HIS SEAT. He took a sip of his wine and sighed contently.

It was a little past 11:00 that night. Hoseok and Namjoon had arrived around 8:00, and together, the three of them slipped into Yoongi's home studio and worked non stop for three hours, coming up with new beats. It was exhilarating, to be back in the studio, even if it wasn't the ones at his company. He hadn't felt this kind of a rush in years.

He could tell that Namjoon and Hoseok felt the same way. He knew that Hoseok could be energetic, but he'd never seen him this hyped in such a long time. He was coming up with new ideas left and right, that Yoongi and Namjoon had a hard time keeping up with him. Even Namjoon was feeling it. It all felt so natural, the three of them sitting in the studio, doing what they loved best.

By the time 11:00 had rolled around, they'd come up with Cypher pt. 2 and the basis for part three. They all filed out of the room, and into Yoongi's kitchen where he poured three glasses of wine. They moved out onto the deck, enjoying the night.

"God damn, I missed that feeling," Hoseok said, taking a large sip of his wine, and tucking his legs underneath him. "Anyone else get chills from being in there?"

"I know I did," Namjoon agreed, sighing contently. "That was long overdue."

"It was," Yoongi agreed, sipping his wine again.

"I haven't felt that in years," Hoseok added. "Rayne says I need to make music more often otherwise I get pent up, and I guess she was right,"

At the mention of Hoseok's girlfriend, the image of Jimin popped into his head. "Hoseok?" Yoongi questioned, putting his drink down. "Do you know Jimin? Someone mentioned that he was Rayne's friend,"

"So you've met him then?" Hoseok said with a cheeky grin. Yoongi shot his friend a look, earning him a loud laugh from Hoseok. "What? Don't give me that look, I know you think he's cute,"

"It's not like that," Yoongi countered, but he could feel his face heating up. Thank god it was dark. Hoseok could read him like a book when it came to men. "He's my secretary, I was just wondering what you knew about him, that's all,"

"Sure," Namjoon muttered, sipping his wine.

"Seriously you two, keep it professional, I don't even know the kid!"

But that was lie. Yoongi was pretty damn sure he knew Jimin, he just couldn't remember where he had met him. He thought that by asking Hoseok he might be able to figure it out, because it'd been driving him mad all afternoon.

"Jimin's a sweet kid," Hoseok stated, putting his wine down. "He's thoughtful and kind. Very organized, he's mad my job a lot more easier. Rayne wasn't kidding when she said he was good at secretarial work, which is insane because he's never done it before."

"Yeah, that's the shocking part," Yoongi replied. "I just...what else can you tell me about him?" Yoongi asked.

"Why do you wanna know so much about Jimin?" Namjoon teased. "I get that he's your secretary but I thought we were keeping it professional?"

"I swear I know him from somewhere," Yoongi explained. "He looks familiar,"

"Go to any clubs recently?" Hoseok asked.

"No why?"

"Nevermind. It could be possible that you've seen him with Rayne before. Like, out in public, walking around," Hoseok stated. "Or even through pictures,"

"No it's not that," Yoongi replied. "It's not just that I've seen him somewhere before, I know him,"

"Maybe you went to college together," Namjoon suggested. "Could have been in a class of yours,"

"No, I didn't really talk to anyone in college, I-"

And then it hit him.

"Wait a minute," Yoongi said, and stood to his feet, running back inside. Hoseok and Namjoon exchanged a weird glance, and rose, wandering after their friend. They disappeared up the stairs and down the hall towards Yoongi's office, where they found him pouring over a series of books lying on his floor.

"What are you looking for?" Namjoon asked.

"My old yearbook,"

"Like from high school?"

"Yeah,"

Hoseok and Namjoon glanced around the room. Namjoon spotted it among the bookshelves, and plucked it out of it's spot. "This one?" he asked. Yoongi lifted his head from his pile and nodded.

"Yeah, that's the one." he took it in his hands, and sat down on the edge of his desk. He flipped through the pages, searching for the graduating class. It was near the back. When he found it, he skimmed through the names until he found the one he was looking for. "Well I'll be damned," Yoongi murmured.

"What it is?"

"Jimin, he was in my graduating class from high school." Yoongi turned the book and pointed to a kid with chubby cheeks and black hair, the name Park Jimin sprawled underneath his picture. "I knew he looked familiar," Yoongi breathed.

"Wow, that's an old photo," Namjoon teased. "It's a small world after all. What are the odds that your old classmate would be working for you?"

"Yeah," Hoseok said. "He had quite the glow up, I'll give him that," he added with a smirk.

"He was always cute," Yoongi argued, making a face. Hoseok and Namjoon raised their brows. Yoongi sighed. "Okay, I might have had a crush on him in high school,"

"Might have?"

"Had," Yoongi sighed defeated. He looked at the picture of Jimin once more,and sighed. It really was a small world. Yoongi didn't think he'd ever see Jimin again once he graduated. He figured his crush on him would go away, but now that Jimin had suddenly popped back up into his life again, his affection for him had returned. He remembered liking Jimin a lot when they were teens, but he'd never worked up the courage to ask him out, because Jimin was the kind of guy that had a lot of people pining over him. "Never had the guts to ask him out before though," Yoongi stated, closing the book.

"Why not?"

"Didn't think I had a shot. Everybody liked Jimin, he was that guy," He set the book down.

"Well ask him out now," Namjoon stated, crossing his arms over his chest.

"No way," Yoongi argued. "That's highly unprofessional, besides, we haven't spoken since high school, he probably wouldn't go out with me anyways."

"Hoseok and Rayne are together, and Jin and I are engaged," Namjoon retorted. "That's a little unprofessional too don't you think?"

"Yeah but-"

"But what?"

"He's my secretary," Yoongi said. "That's..."

"Get to know him first, then ask him out. I'm sure he'd like to catch up with an old school friend,"

"Well I-"

"Yoongi,"

"I'll think about it,"

this is probably my worst chapter yet for this book, and I do apologize. I've had the worst week of my life, and I just couldn't bring myself to write anything until today. been trying to take care of myself. self-care if important you guys

do you think yoongi will ask jimin out on a date? or will he just pretend that he doesn't know him at all?

i hope you enjoy the chapter :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

297K 11K 36
" I'm capable of making you mine if I'd want you, you understand me? " " You can't possibly to that.. I'll just be your assistant " " Assistant or no...
13.2K 513 24
He's a model, he's a CEO both are together but it's unknown
384K 15.4K 60
" What are you? " " What am I? Or what am I capable of? " " Both? " " Why don't I show you what I'm capable of? "
727 15 14
"hello, welcome to mcdonalds, how can I help you? in which the drive thru voice was a bit too attractive for jeon jungkook.