The One Who Came

By BitchyCookies

Alpha Ivan Black is tired of waiting for his mate. He has spent 8 long years in the midst of loneliness which... More

Introduction
Chapters in order
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58

Chapter 9

4.8K 166 18
By BitchyCookies

This chapter is 6223 words long...... it is the longest so far. Your welcome. Enjoy!

Ivan.

Karter and I were sitting on the sofa in his family's living room. His family was sitting right in front of us and they didn't stop staring at me since Karter introduced me as his mate. Their eyes were wide and their faces were coated with unbelief. 

What if they didn't accept me as their son-in-law? What if they force Karter to leave me? What if I kill them because of this? Karter will hate me. I don't want Karter to hate me and reject me as his mate! I have to get them to like me.

By looking at their reaction, I'm sure they're already thinking of ways to separate me and Karter. I looked at Karter, who was sitting beside me with his arms wrapped around my bicep. He wasn't looking worried at all so I nudge him and gestured to his family. He let out a sigh and rolled his eyes at them.

"Hello? I think we have given you enough time to grasp the unbelievable truth. So can you guys please say something to Ivan? He's really nervous because of your reactions." Karter said and waved his hand in front of the three wolves who had dazed eyes.

I heard Alex snicker from somewhere and turned my head to look at him eating an apple from the entrance of the living room. I glared at him as he continued to make fun of me by the link.

"H-hello, Alpha." Karter's mom suddenly said and I almost broke my neck by how quickly I turned it. "It was just a huge shock for us to learn you are Karter's mate." He shyly said. "We deeply apologize for our misunderstood reaction." She said and the two men beside her quickly nodded their heads.

"We are very much honored to have you in our family. This must be a blessing that Luna has bestowed upon our son." His father said after zoning back from whatever world he was visiting. 

"Alpha, I shall pledge my loyalty to you!" His brother suddenly stood up and banged his hands on the table, almost demandingly? Should I be offended by this?

"O-Okay, I appreciate it," I said. I could hear Nicolas snickering in the back of my mind. Suddenly, I could feel hands gripping mine and a brown pair of eyes staring at me. A little too close. 

"Alpha, allow me to protect you with my life. I, Kayne Wright Starr, shall follow you like a shadow, so no harm can come close to you." Although I was quite flattered by his confession, I was-  Alex's growl could be heard from beside me.  Oh no. 

"The Alpha already has someone 'capable' by his side. You are not needed. Kindly back off." He growled and barked out. I moved away from Kayne and gave Alex a quick glare. 'We are not trying to make enemies out of my mate's family. It's important to behave here.' I said to him through our link.

They both backed off, but it is kind of awkward between everyone. My mate came to the rescue by asking his mother if she needs any help with preparing lunch since my parents will be here shortly. 

She got out of her dazed expression and gasped out loud while clutching her hand to her chest.

"Why didn't you inform me that the Alpha and Luna will be joining us?" She yelled at him and I could see her hand itching to slap him across the head, while Karter looked at her sheepishly. She dragged him to the kitchen while he gave a 'save me' look. I smiled at him and waved my hand gesturing bye. 

Everyone sat in awkward silence for what seemed like hours. Karter's father was looking at Kayne disapprovingly while he and my Beta glared at each other. He finally sighed and introduced himself. 

"Nice to meet you, Alpha. My name is John Steven Starr and I'm so honored to have you in my home". 

"The pleasure is mine, Sir," I replied. "I invited my parents without your permission, I hope that's not a bother".  I said. 

"No, of course not! We are delighted to hear that they will be coming here, I hope it is a fitting place for them." He said while waving his hand frantically. 

'Like father, like son.' Nicolas exclaimed, humorously.

"I'm glad to hear that". I smiled warmingly. I sensed his demeanor changing slightly. 

"If you don't mind me asking Alpha, when will you be holding the ceremony and declaring Karter as the Luna of the pack?" So that's what it is about. 

I smiled and replied, "The preparation has started and I will be introducing Karter to the elders and Alex will announce everything to the pack." I turned my whole attention to him. "I personally want to do it as soon as possible. I will be rushing all the preparations so it can happen by tomorrow afternoon." I explained in detail to remove any misunderstanding because I know he won't dare to interrogate me due to respect. 

"That's great to hear. I can't ask for anyone better for my son." He sounded so genuine, which made me relieved about my mate's loving family.

"Thank you so much, Mr. Starr," I said and patted his clasped hands.

"Please call me John, Alpha" 

"On one condition," I said and continued after he nodded his head. "You will have to call me Ivan as well." He looked at me horrifiedly, and I wasn't surprised to see his reaction. "From now on, I'm not only your Alpha. You'll be my family." My statement really warmed his heart and he slowly nodded his head.

"Okay... Ivan." He grinned at him and moved my gaze to my mate's hunk brother, who was still watching me with heart eyes.

"So... Kayne right?" I asked and he frantically nodded his head. "You are a warrior?" I asked, however, feeling stupid because clearly, this huge guy is a warrior.

"Yes, Alpha!" He sat up straight.

"Are you injured by any chance?" I questioned because he smelled heavily like blood. "You reek of blood," I exclaimed.

"Yes, Alpha. I was attacked by a rouge at the border." He almost shamefully replied with his head bowed. "I wasn't careful enough." His voice turned into a mutter. "I heard about a rogue luring around the border so as soon as I smelt it, I went to investigate and let the patrol group know but they were far from where I was. I couldn't risk the rouge anywhere near the pack so I fought with him, but I underestimated its strength. It was, of course, an Alpha wolf." He explained. 

"Alright, I'll send a search party after the ceremony," I said. 'Alex, prepare some warriors to search the rouges around the border, I don't want any rogue in sight until after the after the ceremony is over.' I mind-linked Alex and he nodded confirming what I said. 

"Allow me to lead them, Alpha," Kayne asked, but I couldn't grant it. 

"It's alright, Kayne. We have plenty of people to do the job, you are injured so you need to rest. Don't be reckless." I ordered because I didn't want to risk him going even though I told him not to. 

"Yes, Alpha." Satisfied with his answer and I realized I was starting to miss my mate. 

Nicolas was whining for me to go to him even though he was over the other room. Giving up, I stood up and made my way to the kitchen. I saw him stirring something in a pot while his mother was making some dough. I went to him and hugged him from behind while plastering my face in his neck. I nearly moaned at his sweet smell. I was not ashamed in the slightest when my mate blushed bright red due to his mother's presence. 

"Missed you," I mumbled in his ear and felt him shiver and lose his hold on the wooden spoon. 

"Ivan." He whimpered beautifully as I forced myself to detach from him.

"Do you need help with something, Mrs. Starr." I politely asked as he placed the dough in the oven.

"No, no, Alpha. We have it all covered." She replied. "And please, its Anna." She said and nervously ran her hand through her hair.

"Then it's Ivan for you as well," I said and rolled my sleeves. "I'll get to work," I exclaimed and walked to the half-peeled potatoes.

"No, Al- Ivan. You don't have to do that honey." She said while shaking her head. 

"I want to." I cheekily smiled at her and she nodded after letting out a sigh. At the corner of the eye, I saw Karter smiling warmly at our interaction.

---------

The three of us continued to work in the small but cozy kitchen. Karter went to check on the three males in the living room and came back with a confused expression. 

"Why are Kayne and Alex glaring at each other?" He asked me and I couldn't keep in the laughter. 

"I think they are feeling a little competitive," I replied and walked towards him to plant a kiss on his temple.

"I feel bad for dad." My mate sighed and went to convert the food into the dishes. "He looked so done with the two." He giggled when I back hugged him and started to nuzzle my face in his neck. "You are gonna make me spill everything," He said as he squirmed in my embrace.

Karter gently pushed me away to get the door out of the kitchen. I also tried to make myself useful and grabbed a bowl, which contained some kind of soup. I didn't know where we will be eating so I decided to follow Karter. While doing so, we arrived in the garden where a table was beautifully set. I followed suit as Karter placed the content in his hand. just as I was about to place the bowl, I heard dad's voice through the link.

'We are almost there.' His deep voice exploded in my head, which resulted in me spilling the soup on the wooden table. 

"Fuck." I cussed under my breath as I reached to grab the tissues off the table.

'Excuse me?' Dad questioned in an accusing tone.

"I'm coming to get you." I replied through the link while Karter helped me clean the 'murder scene'. "I'm going to get my parents," I informed him and pressed a kiss reassuringly, a silent promise to be back as soon as possible.

"They are here?" His voice was laced with nervousness as he looked up at me with his big beautiful eyes.

"Almost," I answered. "They are gonna love you, babe." I pecked his lips before leaving his side.

Karter.

Ivan left my side after leaving a quick peck on my lips, leaving them tingly. The worry instantly penetrated my mind and I started sweating with nervousness. I hope they like me and don't have any problem with our status or dynamics. The Alpha and Luna are very kind and responsible leaders, so I don't expect that from them. It's probably my Omega instinct to please.

"You'll be fine, love. As The Alpha said, they'll gonna love you." Mama placed a recurring hand on my back and pulled me in her warm embrace.

"Mama.." I murmured emotionally and nuzzled in her.

"My baby grew up way too faster." She quietly stated and I knew it was the beginning of the tears which were to come. "It feels like just yesterday you called me mama for the first time." She placed her lips on my hair and sighed, like remembering the memorial day.

Flashback.

Third person's POV for better understanding.

The frustrated nurse looked at the injured kid with an annoyed expression. The boy looked between 8-9 years old and his frame was small. He had his knees up to his chest while burying his face in the space. The poor boy was furiously shaking and whimpering for an hour as the nurses tried to calm the small boy down.

Maria, the frustrated female Alpha, released and sigh defeatedly and walked out of the room. She tried her best to calm the wolf down and ask a few questions, but he hasn't spoken a single word since he got here. "Can we get an Omega in there? If I stayed a minute in that room, I'm afraid I'll Alpha command the boy." Maria tiredly said but instantly smiled when her 25-year-old daughter, Sophia was in the view.

"Hey, mum." The beautiful young Omega kissed her mother's cheek and handed over a small plastic container that had fresh fruits in it. "What's wrong?" She asked after realizing her mother's troubled expression.

"Nothing big. Just some little boy they found at the borders. He has been mute since then." She replied with fatigue laced in her voice. 

"Is he okay?" Sophia asked.

"The poor kid has an injury on his head and a few cuts here and there. But that's not the worst part. He is not speaking a single word and not letting anyone touch him." The Alpha explained and sat down to eat the fruits comfortably. "I was just thinking of asking an Omega to talk to him. Do you mind talking to him, love?" She asked and watched her daughter nodding at once. "He is in that room." She pointed at the door right in front of them. "Just calm him down enough to let the nurses tend his wounds."

Sophia walked inside the small room and looked at the tiny boy who was still trembling endlessly. She couldn't see his face but the blood on the back of his shirt was quite prominent. A few gashed were on his arms just as her mother said. The boy flinched as Sophia ran into a table and made a loud noise. 

"Hey, love." She carefully said on the bed and tried not to bring up anything which will trigger the boy. She sniffed the air around them but could smell his rank, making clear that he was younger than 13. "My name is Sophia. What's your name?" She quietly asked and didn't dare to touch him. He, of course, didn't answer and continue to shake under her stare. "Would you let me see where you're hurt?" No answer. Sophia sighed and asked him questions here and there. She, at last, left the room to face her disappointed figure and shook her head hopelessly. "Sorry," Sophia muttered and collected the plastic container.

"It's okay, love." Maria patted her daughter and watched her figure leave the clinic. "What to do now?" She asked the receptionist and saw her shrug boredly without even glancing at Maria. Just as the female Alpha was about to lose hope and give the kid some heavy dose of Diazepam, she saw her dear friend Anna. 

"Anna!" She shouted exaggeratedly and motioned her to come over. "I need your help." Maria pleaded when Anna walked towards her and looked at her friend confusingly.

"What happened to you?" Anna, a Beta, asked when she looked at her Alpha friend.

"There is this stubborn boy who was found injured by the boarders and he isn't letting anyone tend him. Please help." The Alpha said at a quick pace and dragged Anna to the room. She was a mother and good with kids. Her aura was calm and gentle which made Maria hopefully for better results.

Anna's eyes stopped at the poor boy who was still sweating rapidly. "Calm him down and I'll call the nurse to get the stuff." Maria ran out of the room, glad she's not alone anymore.

Anna was still confused but her instinct shouted at her to console the boy. She gently approached him and sat with him in a careful manner. 

"Hi, love." He didn't reply. "I know you are scared but you have to let the nice nurse tend your wounds." She glanced at the back of his neck while choosing her words carefully. "Does it hurt?" The moment he heard the words, his body stopped shaking at once. He slowly but surely raised his head, enough for Anna to see his beautiful brown eyes. The boy let out a whimper and hiccupped.

"Hurts." Anna managed to hear his words and melted at his pitiful voice. No one asked if he was feeling any pain or about his wound. They just ordered him around to do this or that. The pain was so excruciating and he could barely hear anything over the beep in his head.  

The Beta slowly and carefully reached out to touch him and was surprised when the little boy didn't flinch. He allowed the woman to caress his small shoulder while he calms down. "Would you let me clean your wound?" She softly asked and felt dejected when the boy was frightened by the thought of touching his painful wound. "It will make the pain go away, I promise." The boy skeptically looked at her but nodded nevertheless. "Okay, we have to wait for the nurse to come. While we are waiting, why don't you tell me your name?" 

"K-Karter." The little boy said in a whisper, but the Beta managed to hear it.

"Hello Karter, my name is Anna." She smiled at him and continued to caress his shoulder. "How old are you, love?" 

"Um... 12?" He said, clearly confused about that particular topic.

Just by the answer, a thought crossed Anna's mind. She wondered if the boy was suffering from memory loss. She didn't want to press on that topic, not wanting the kid to go back to his shell. A nurse entered the room with a steel tray, sighing when she saw the cower away.

"I'll do it," Anna said, taking the tray from the nurse, who gratefully nodded. "Will you show me where it hurts so I make it feel better?" The Beta wolf stated, getting the necessary objects ready. Karter peeked and slowly nodded. He turned around to exposed his bloody nape. She cleaned the wound, trying to be as careful as possible so it won't hurt as much. The boy hissed when Anna dapped on the wound which made the woman completely pull away. "It's okay. it will be over soon." She cooed and went back to cleaning the area. 

Though it took a while, Anna cleaned the back of his neck, scraped knees, and elbow, and a wound on his forehead. Karter felt a lot better and allowed Anna to lay him down on the hospital bed. "Would you like to sleep for a while?" Anna asked while carefully running her hand in his hair.

"No." Karter instantly said and tried to get up. "Please don't leave." He pleaded and his eyes turned glossy. The poor boy felt scared of other people but he trusted this woman.

"I won't leave." Anna desperately tried to lay the boy again, he obviously needed sleep. "I promise." Karter agreed to lay down and looked at Anna's hand. She quickly understood what the boy wants and raised her hand to caress his head. Karter hesitantly closed his eyes and fell asleep after a few minutes. Anna sighed tiredly and remembered she has to be somewhere. She really didn't want to leave the scared boy so she contacted her mate.

'John?' 

'Yes, love?' Her mate's voice boomed in her mind, making her wolf purr with delight.

'Can you please come to the hospital?'

'Why?! Something happened to you?"'Her mate panicked. 'But I didn't feel it."'She knew her mate is obviously worrying.

'That's because nothing happened to me. I just want you to come here.' She could feel that her mate was satisfied and quickly agreed to meet her here. She just had to wait for five minutes before her mate and her one and only 17-year-old son entered the hospital room.

"Hey." John kissed his mate on her head and sat on the opposite chair. Kayne, her son also kissed her cheek and just stood by her side. They are supposed to be at the new Alpha's ceremony in an hour. This event is very important and exciting for the whole pack because of the excellent line of Alphas from the Black family. Their new Alpha is going to be Ivan Nicolas Black.

"Who's he?" Her son, who was also a Beta, looking over the injured boy. "Is he okay?" Anna is very proud of his son who turned out to be very kind and bright for his age. The kids around his age encourage him to do wild and harmful stuff but Kayne has never gotten in trouble once. He was a naughty boy sometimes but never too extreme.

"He's okay, just a little frightened. He asked me to stay with him while he sleeps because the boy is terrified of everyone." She sadly said and caressed his shoulder. "I think he lost his memory, I'm not sure I'll ask him later. But I can't just leave him like that." Both of the Beta males smiled at the woman who looked so sad because of Karter's situation. "You guys can go to the ceremony without me." John chuckled at that.

"How can we just go without you?" John patted his mate's hand. "We'll stay with you." He settled on the chair and crossed his arms.

"Shouldn't we wait outside? Didn't you say he's terrified of people?" The young Beta said and raised his brow at them.

"You're right. We'll be in the waiting room." Anna smiled gratefully at the; She couldn't for a better family. She looked back at Karter and smiled softly at the innocent boy. Her wolf swooned at him and Anna felt so close to him already. She always wanted more than 3 kids because the thought of a big family warmed her inside. They got really busy after having Kayne, moved from some part of the pack to the other, and then got caught up by work. She hoped she could have Karter for herself, but this wasn't something she decides.

What if the boy got lost and already had a family who's finding him? What if his mate and son don't want Karter? What if Karter doesn't want them? Numerous questions like this stressed Anna.

Her head whipped towards the door when she felt her mate step close. "Here you go, love." John handed a cup of coffee and a pack of sandwiches to the Beta wolf. Anna smiled gratefully at her mate and gestured him to sit. 

"Did you eat?" She asked and watched John nod in reply. "I think it's better for you to go to the ceremony, John. It's going to be a big event, I'm sure you and Kayne will love it."

"And I think we rather stay here with you." Anna knew her mate, he hates to exclude family. She felt like the luckiest wolf on the planet. "By the way, I heard that The Beta was informed about this boy, so he and The Alpha will be here," John said, as he overheard the staff talk about the situation.

"The Alpha is coming here? But his son is going to be announced as Alpha." Anna was shocked since it was a special moment for the pack leaders.

"You know Alpha Lucas, He priorities the pack's safety more than anything and I think he will make it in time for the ceremony."

"But Karter means no harm." She hates to imagine anyone treating the poor boy badly. "He's just a boy."

"I know, love. But let the leaders handle the situation. You know we can trust them." It was true, The Black Alpha line is one of the most powerful, yet humblest generations in the history of werewolves.

Anna nodded, knew her mate said nothing but the truth. The Alpha will not let anyone harm if they are innocent and Karter IS innocent. She finished the food quickly and disposed of the trash in the bin. John pecked Anna's lips and moved out of the room. The Beta wolf sat on the plastic chair and stared fondly at the boy. She certainly wouldn't mind making this boy her son. She sent a quick pray to The Luna to keep Karter safe no matter where he ends up.

The Beta wolf felt commotion outside and instantly smelt the dominant scent of her Alpha. Just as he showed up on the door, she stood up from the chair and bowed her head in respect.

"Anna Starr, nice meeting you here." His kind voice and warm smile were the reason the pack members felt closer to The Alpha.

"Alpha." She smiled in return and turned her gaze to Karter at the same time The Alpha looked at the injured boy.

"Report, please." The Alpha commanded.

"This boy was found on the edge of the territory by the patroling wolves and was brought here instantly. The boy was dazed but gained consciousness in the Pack Hospital. He didn't say single word and was afraid of letting anyone come near him." The Beta turned to the nurse for her to report the rest. She nervously pointed at Anna.

"He wouldn't let anyone come near him except Anna. She tended him." All the eyes turned to her.

"His name is Karter and he's 12. That's all I could get out of him. He let me tend his wounds and asked me to stay with him because he was scared of people." She said in detail, as the Alpha liked to know everything important.

The Alpha nodded, deep in thoughts as he stared at the boy. "Anything else? Did you find something on him? Or smelt someone?" The big man asked.

"No, Alpha. The boy only had a shirt and his trousers on him and didn't carry any scent except his own." The Alpha's Beta replied.

"Oh! I forgot to tell you. I think he has lost his memories or at least some of them." Anna quickly said.

"What made you say that?" The Alpha's Beta kindly asked.

"When I asked for his name and age, he hesitated a bit before answering. I respectfully suggest that we make sure of it when he wakes up." Anna said, keeping her posture submissive.

"Great suggestion, Anna." The Alpha nodded at the woman.

"With all due respect, Alpha. I suggest that I do it alone since he's terrified of anything that moves." 

"Hmm, All right. Someone will guard this room until tomorrow and only one nurse and Anna are allowed in here. The first thing in the morning, I would like to hear his statement, out of the room of course." The Alpha said like his word is absolute and can't be changed. All the wolves nodded their heads except The Beta, who had a mischievous glint on his face.

"With all due respect Alpha, but by tomorrow, you won't be The Alpha but your son will be in charge." Alpha Lucas playfully jabbed at the man's stomach and the rest laughed at their antics. Anna flinched at the noise and her attention went to the sleeping boy who merely twitched.

"I will handle this case, Lewis. Don't let Ivan be worried about it." The Alpha's Beta nodded understandings. "Anyone has any questions for me?" The Alpha raised his brows at the nurse and Anna, who shook their head with warm smiles. "Great, now I have to go or I'll miss my son's Alpha ceremony." Anna and the female nurse bowed their heads as Alpha Lucas exited.

John entered the moment Anna seated with a sigh. "Everything went well?" He asked.

"Yeah, The Alpha allowed me to talk to him alone while he listens from the outside." She informed and sighed in relief that her Alpha was very considerate.

"When do you think he'll wake up?" John asked, standing in the doorway. 

"I don't know. He can wake up at any moment. You guys go to the ceremo-"

"Ann-"

"John. Go to the ceremony and then go home. I'll stay with him." She said and her words were final, John knew.

"Okay but make sure to eat a lot. I'll send Kayne to get your clothes." No matter how much John hated the idea of staying away from his mate, he knew the poor boy needed her more. He knew Anna was protective over him and felt closer, he felt it because of their bond. He just hoped she doesn't get too attached to him in case he has to go. 

John kissed her mate and exited the room, informing Kayne of the plans. At first, the boy was skeptical to leave but he knew the warrior wolf could fend for herself. He kissed his mother goodbye and headed to The Alpha ceremony.

--------

It was the next day, Anna was freshly showered and worried for Karter. He hadn't woken up since yesterday, only stirred a bit in his sleep. Anna was provided a recliner where she slept comfortably last night. She was also given a nice breakfast along with Karter's but it was kept aside since the boy wasn't awake.

"It's better to wake him up, Anna. He needs to eat food and some medicine to help him heal faster." The new nurse, Patty said when she dropped off the food.

Anna waited and finished her own before sitting on the chair near the bed. She started running her fingers in Karter's hair and whispered softly near his ear. 

"Wake up, Karter. You need to eat, love." She repeated that a few times before the boy flutter opened his eyes. Unfamiliar with the surroundings, Karter squeaked and tried to sit up. "Be careful." Even though wolves heal faster than a human, kids under 15 need additional help to heal because of the absences of their wolves.

Karter looked up at the kind eyes of the woman with who he felt comfortable with and decided to trust her because he had no choice.

"Let me help you up. And then we can eat the yummy food nurse Patty brought for you." She carefully placed a hand under Karter's back and push him up gently. When the small boy was comfortably seated, She left to get the food. Karter finished the food quickly and asked for water in his gentle voice. He finally felt warm and sated.

Nurse Patty poked her head in the room and nodded at Anna. The Beta wolf felt the presence of The Alpha outside the room indicating that it was time to start the questioning. Karter, who was still unaware of the presence picked on his shirt.

"Love?" Anna softly said and continued to talk when she had the attention of the boy. "How old are you again? You told me yesterday but I forgot." She tried to act sad, to ease the boy. Her effort was fruitful because Karter smiled at Anna.

"12." He said in a quiet voice but she didn't need to worry about The Alpha heard him. They are blessed with heightened hearing.

"Wow, you are such a big boy, Karter." Anna praised him and it looked like the boy like it since he relaxed more. "Now.." She pretended to think for a moment. "My father's name is Jack, What about yours?" She finally asked a saw Karter's face cover in confusion.

"F-father?" He hesitantly asked.

"Yes, your dad." Anna knew now that Karter have some sort of memory loss when Karter's face didn't change at all.

"Don't know." He said. "Karter has no Dad." 

"What about Mama?" Anna asked again.

"Don't know." Karter had a frown on his face as he answered the weird questions.

"Okay, no problem. What about you tell me how you got hurt." She said, wanting to get at least some information.

Karter didn't speak for a while, lost in thoughts with a deep glare on his face. "I-I don't re-remember." His lips wobbled because just now he realized that he didn't know anything.

"Hey, it's okay. We'll figure something out." The Beta wolf moved closer to the bed and hugged Karter's head, being careful with his injury. "Drink this and you'll feel so much better." She handed a paper cup that had pink liquid in it. It was medicine but tasted like fruit juice. Karter drank it and laid back on the bed.

"Can I sleep more?" Karter asked, suddenly feeling sleepy. It was the medicine.

"Of course, love. Don't worry I'll be here," She smiled at the boy and sighed in disappointment. No new information.

Anna quietly walked out o the room and was met with The Alpha, The Beta, and her mate.

"Please sit." The Alpha pointed at the waiting area. "I contacted all the packs near us and asked if any kid was missing. Only one girl was lost but was found dead in the woods. I sent a few wolves to look out of the pack territory for any clue but they found none. Under the circumstance, I decided to send this kid to the pack orphanage after his recovery." The Alpha calmly explained. "Thank you for your assistance, Anna. You can leave the kid to the hospital, they'll manage him somehow." Alpha Lucas nodded to the three and stood up.

Anna numbly nodded along with the two other Beta males and watched Alpha leave. "John..." She turned to her mate with a desperate expression. "I can't just leave the kid alone. Imagine how scared he will be here." John wrapped his arm around Anna's shoulder and kissed her head.

"He'll be fine here, Anna. He has to learn to live like that." John knew his fear came true. Anna got attached to Karter. "And you can't stay here all day." Anna looked up at him and decided to say her mind. 

"I want him, John." He expected that. Her eyes were glossy and her nose got red, indicating that she was going to cry soon. "Didn't we always want more kids? Let's adopt him, please John." Her mate sighed and shifted his eyes around the waiting room.

"Let's think more about it, Anna. I also want him to live with us, but what about Kay? He never expressed if he wanted a sibling." Anna knew they have to make this decision together as a family and she was happy that her mate was with her on this. "I will bring Kay here after his training and we all can talk about this," John suggested and she happily nodded. "Here, I made pecan pie last night for Karter." Anna smiled widely and kissed her mate's cheek. "Now, I have to go to work. We'll be here at 6." She watched John go and headed inside the room. 

Karter loved the pie. Kayne came with his father and they talked in the waiting room. He thought for a while and liked the idea of having a little brother. Unfortunately, Karter had to spend two weeks in the orphanage after he got discharged. The Alpha investigated more on the boy while keeping it a secret from his son. There was no information found on the boy so they put him up for adoption while still having some authority on Karter. For instance, if at any time, Karter's guardians appear or his identity reveals, he'll have to go back to where he came from. 

He was adopted by the Starr family after he spent some time with the family. Alpha Lucas was satisfied by the decisions and everything went back to the way it was before.

Back to present

Karter

"Look at those." Mama pulled away and picked up flowers and shoved them in my face. "I just picked them." She loved gardening in her free time. Mama placed them in the vas in the middle of the long table where a feat was laid.

"Those are beautiful." I kissed her cheek to thank her for all the effort. "Thank you so much mama for doing all of this."

"No need to thank me, love. I just wished you had told me your mate is The Alpha. I would have done more." She frantically looked around, worriedly. "I hope they like it." Muttering, she walked around the table to rearrange the dishes.

"You did the best, mama. Don't worry." I said which made her look at me and sigh.

"I'm so happy for you." I could see tears dwell in her eyes. She always had been protective over me and I knew this was a lot for her. She turned her head towards our home and I think she heard them come in. I concentrated and heard low murmurs due to my less heightened hearing. "They are here." She excitedly squealed and walked over to me. "Let's go in."

"I'm scared, mama." I mumbled.

"They'll love you, baby." She wrapped her arm around my shoulder and squeezed me in her warm embrace.

"Not only about that," I whispered worriedly. "I will get the title of Luna. I don't think I can do that."

"You can do it, Karter." She firmly said. "You are so intelligent, caring, and kind. You'll be perfect." Kissing my temple, she urged me to move on. I nodded at her, her word sounded very reassuring as always. "Let's do it, baby."

-------

I hope you liked this chapter, if you did, you can vote and comments your thoughts.

BYE Angels.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2M 139K 30
Spencer O'connor. A socially anxious wolf who is scared of everyone. He will only mutter a few words to people he knows. He has to leave his pack whe...
158K 6.3K 43
Jack was broken. Being the sole survivor of a massacre that killed his entire family while still a child weighed heavily on him. Fearing for his life...
931K 36.4K 45
Presley had it all, a loving family, great support, a great pack behind him. One thing he didn't have was his mate by his side. After seven years of...
3.5M 143K 67
"I didn't ask to be this way!" "What's wrong with it?" Kegan laughed dryly, amazed by the stubbornness of the Alpha. "What's wrong with being weak...