Cliches | Yoonmin

By orangexmint

"This is so cliche," "Is it?" "You're my boss," "Is that wrong?" "I never said that," "I want you, Jimin," "I... More

Author's Note
character profiles
Clichés
prologue
ooo
oo1
oo2
oo3
oo5
oo6
oo7
oo8
oo9 (m?)
o1o
breaking news
o11
o12
o13
o14
o15
o16
o17
o18
breaking news
o19
o2o
o21
o22 (m)
o23
o24
o25
o26
o27
o28 (m)
o29
o3o
o31
o32
o33
breaking news
breaking news
breaking news
o34
o35
o36
o37
o38
o39
breaking news
breaking news
breaking news
o4o
o41
o42
o43
o44
o45 (m)
breaking news
breaking news
breaking news
o46
o47
o48
o49
o50
breaking news
o51
o52
o53 (m)
breaking news
breaking news
o54
o55
o56
breaking news
Epilogue
Author's Note
bonus chapter - tangled...I see what you did there
bonus chapter - I do

oo4

3.4K 184 8
By orangexmint

MONDAY

_______

YOONGI HADN'T FELT THIS RELAXED IN A LONG TIME. It'd been a week since Kimi had hired his new secretary and Yoongi hadn't had any problems. The new kid worked diligently, completed his tasks on time, and Yoongi never once had to yell at him over his coffee order. Every day at noon, a large black coffee was waiting for him,along with whatever paperwork was necessary for him to get done. He was always hot too. The way he liked it. On top of the fact that Yoongi had no complaints about his new secretary, he found that neither did any of his staff. He was very well liked, kind, polite but not the annoying polite that everyone had come to expect in this kind of business. No, he was genuinely polite, didn't overstep his boundaries. Yoongi had heard that he was a shy kid, yet was also very outgoing in a sense, and wasn't afraid to get the work done. He was very well organized, punctual...there wasn't anything wrong with him. It bothered Yoongi that he hadn't met him yet. He was interested in meeting the guy who helped level out his company in less than a week tops. The fact that he had even managed to last a whole week was astounding. Most were gone by now, or had one or two slip ups. Yoongi prayed that whoever it was could keep up the good work, because he was a little scared on what might happen if they did lose him.

Yoongi stepped out the conference room, bowing to the gentlemen he was doing business with. He bid them goodbye, and turned on his heel to head back to his office. Kimi was quick to fall in line with him, passing him a few folders. "What's this?" he asked, taking it from her, and flipping the cover open to the top one.

"Namjoon and Hoseok's top selections for possible group candidates. Of course,you have the final say in the matter, but I agree with their selections. Each file has a number of trainees, who would be best suited working together as a group, duo or soloist. There's six folders in total. Three boy groups, one co-ed, and two soloist. One is a singer, another an aspiring rapper."

"Very well. I'll look over these tonight. I want to see them perform too.Whether it's an original, or a cover. The groups must have a dance to go with it, our soloists must be able to move around the stage. Don't let them stand in one spot. They have till Friday to prepare something. Doesn't have to be fancy, but it can't be mediocre. If they want to make it big time, they have to put in the effort." Yoongi said, closing the folder.

"Very well, I'll call them, and let them know. Now, you have another meeting tomorrow. Nothing fancy, just looking over the past few months sales. There should be a folder on your desk with that information, and if it isn't there, it means your secretary is still doing some finishing touches, and will have it one your desk before he leaves. I'll will leave a reminder for him so that he knows to get it done ASAP."

"Thank you,"

"You're welcome,"

"Kimi?" Yoongi addressed, as he stepped into the elevator.

"Yes, Mr. Min?"

"Who is this new secretary anyways?"

Kimi gave him a sly smile, and laughed. "He's a friend of Hoseok's girlfriend. She's the one who recommended him for the job, and damn did she ever pick good. Kid knows that he's doing despite the fact that he's never done this sort of job before,"

"He hasn't?"

"Nope. If you'll excuse me, Mr. Min, I have paperwork that needs to be completed, and I still have to speak to the camera crew about our latest music video,"

"Very well. You're dismissed." Kimi bowed and walked away as the elevator dinged and the doors shut.

Jimin was exhausted as he slumped into his chair. He'd had a long weekend,picking up an extra shift at the club's bar when one of the girls fell sick. He didn't mind working the bar, talking to the customers was a lot of fun. He met a lot of interesting people. And then of course, dancing too. It was a little amusing to watch the expressions and reactions of the people he had spoken to earlier as they watched him dance for them on the stage. But extra shifts meant longer hours, and longer hours meant late nights getting home. And what made it worse was that he had to work again in the morning. Jimin was going to have to start changing his lifestyle around a little bit to accommodate his new work schedule. Starting with the amount of sleep he gets.

Of course, it wasn't easy. He was exhausted when he came into work, and drank four cups of coffee before even getting started on his work.For the most part he just looked over it while he drank and when he felt a little more awake, he got to work, doing his best to remain thorough and on schedule. And he was very good at it. Managed to get all his work done on time, and race across the street to get Mr. Min's coffee. But as he slumped back into his seat after his lunch break, he was practically falling asleep. He didn't even hear Kimi come into his office. "Jimin, are you alright?" she gently touched his shoulder, startling him. He jumped in his seat, and Kimi let out a quiet yelp at the reaction. He ran a hand through his hand with a soft laugh, and peered up at her.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," he apologized.

"Likewise," Kimi replied. She gave him a funny look and crossed her arms. "Areyou okay? You look drained."

"I am aware," Jimin replied. "I'm sorry for that too. I had a late night. My mother called me because she couldn't figure out how to work the washing machine, Spent all night trying to help her fix it."

He was half lying.

He hadn't spent all night at his mother's house trying to fix thewashing machine. He'd been working in a strip club, dancing half naked for strangers to help pay the rent. He, of course, wasn't about the mention that. It wasn't that he was ashamed of what he did, it was more of the fact that it wasn't anyone's business where or what he did for work. But he really had helped his mother with the washing machine. She called him at around five in the morning, asking if he knew what all the buttons did.

Kimi didn't look to convinced. "The washing machine?"

"It's one of those newer models," Jimin sighed, leaning back in his chair. "You know the one they just came out with? With all the fancy buttons and no dials?"

Kimi grimaced, remembering her own experience with one. "Yeah, damn thing flooded my bathroom once,"

"Mum's old one broke, and they don't really make the old ones anymore. We got it working eventually, but I think she's cursed it or something." She rolled her eyes in amusement, and unfolded her arms.

"Well I'm glad you two fixed it. But are you sure you can keep working?"

"Of course. I'm almost done with the sales statistics you asked me to run through."

"Perfect, Mr. Min needs them before his meeting tomorrow."

"I'll see to it that they're on his desk before I go home,"

"Excellent. Oh, and these also need to go on his desk. They're new applicants, he usually looks after over them before calling about an audition."

"Okay. Leave them with me, I'll make sure they get to him,"

"Great, I'll catch you around Jimin,"

"You too Kimi,"

Seo-Ah was standing in the kitchen over the stove when Yoongi arrived him. Holly greeted him by the door as he kicked off his shoes. Yoongi inhaled deeply and smiled. He stumbled into the kitchen, setting down his briefcase with a sigh. "Smell good," he said, opening up the fridge door. He pulled out the pitcher of water and poured himself a glass.

"Mmm, well I'd hope so," Seo-Ah teased. "I've been working on it almost all afternoon,"

"And what a wonderful job you are doing," He sat down at the counter top and drank his water. When he first moved in, he thought the idea hiring someone to help keep the house was 1) a little ridiculous and 2) unnecessary because he could clean, and do laundry, and pay his bills on time. The only reason he caved and eventually hired someone was because no matter how hard he tried, cooking was never his forte. Sure he could cook, but he couldn't cook. So he hired someone who could. He probably went through several ladies – and men – before coming across Seo-Ah, who Yoongi believed to be the ideal grandmother, reincarnated into a thirty-two year old woman, and was just as kind as she was sarcastic. Yoongi took an immediate liking to her. She'd worked for him for almost a year now, and he knew almost everything about her. She was married, and had a son. Yoongi had met the kid several times. The boy was outgoing and energetic. He aspired to be an architect. He loved building miniature houses and other buildings. Yoongi believed that kid was going to go far one day. He knew that Seo-Ah enjoyed writing, and was a very good story teller, and that she used to play baseball in high school, along with swimming and gymnastics. Yoongi had once asked her why she didn't do it professionally. Why she chose to work as a maid so to speak, and her response was that she enjoyed taking care of people. She liked being a mother figure to her clients, even though her only real client was Yoongi. Sure she cleaned at other homes, but she did a lot more for Yoongi. It was like having another son. She liked to hear how his day went, and share in his triumphs and help encourage during his defeats. Yoongi loved it. It was like having a second mother to come home and rant to when he couldn't talk to his own mother.

"How was your day?" she asked, moving a pot from the stove and scooping some food out of it. She placed it in a bowl before setting it in front of him. Yoongi took another deep breath, savouring the smell.

"Long, but good," he replied, picking up his chopsticks. "No stress, very easy going,"

"That's very good," she replied. "I wonder...does any of this have to do with that new secretary of yours?"

Yoongi nodded, taking a bite of his food. "He's a saint," Yoongi mumbled, and Seo-Ah gave him the 'don't talk with your mouth full' look. Yoongi blushed, chewed his food and continued. "I haven't met him yet, but I haven't had any sort of trouble with him yet. He's very good, organized, doesn't mess up my coffee order."

"I don't understand how people can mess up black coffee. It's simple. Coffee in the cup and bam, you're good to go." Seo-Ah liked that Yoongi drank his coffee black. It meant she didn't have to memorize how many shots of this and pumps of that and two scoops of whatever. Black coffee was simple.

"You and me both. My point is, he's amazing, and I haven't even met him yet. We've been too busy for me to introduce myself. You know how I like to meet my staff,"

"Yes I do," Seo-Ah replied. "How's the food?"

"Fantastic,"

"Good. Now you eat up. You're looking a little thin these days. I have some laundry that still needs hanging, and folding,"

"Sit, eat dinner with me," Yoongi stated, motioning for her to take a seat. "You work too hard some days Seo. Besides, I'd like some company. You can finish when we're done,"

"Alrighty, you know I won't say no to good food," she laughed. Yoongi smiled up at her as she made herself a bowl and sat down next to him at the counter. "Now, keep telling me about this secretary and whether or not I can hire him,"

sorry for the lack of updates, I haven't been feeling very motivated lately, but today's a good day :) remember to drink some water, and get lots of rest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57K 3K 38
"tae I'm your wife" "no you're not I hate you and will never accept you as my wife"
4.8K 312 26
✘ᴇᴄᴄᴇᴅᴇɴᴛᴇsɪᴀsᴛ; ᴀ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ ᴡʜᴏ ғᴀᴋᴇs ᴀ sᴍɪʟᴇ ✘ ☁ ―"ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴍɪʟᴇ, ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ ᴍᴀɴ ʏᴏᴜ sᴇᴇ ɪs ᴀ ᴅɪsɢᴜɪsᴇ"
24.2K 596 13
"babe I missed you so much" "who are you?" "what do you mean? I'm your boyfriend, silly" "I don't even know you" [COMPLETE]
13.1K 538 12
" I fell in love with someone I know I can't have " " What are you talking about..? " " Do I have to say it? I'm in love with you yoongi! " " What...