Neutral Touch (K.N.J)

JustPlainName által

"Please, hold me." She inched closer to the taller man, slipping her arms around his slim figure. Namjoon vis... Több

Characters/Disclaimer
하나
다섯
여섯
일곱
여덟
아홉
열 하나
열 둘
열 셋
열 다섯
열 여섯
열 일곱
열 여덟
열 아홉
스물
스물 하나
스물 둘
스물 셋
스물 넷
스물 다섯
스물 여섯
스물 일곱
스물 여덟
스물 아홉
서른
삼십일
삼십이

열 넷

235 14 15
JustPlainName által

I don't know why, but you infuriate me~

Jeongguk spritzers a light mist of cologne behind his ears and chest. Rolling up his sleeves to his elbows, he continued to glance at himself in the mirror, perfecting his appearance.

Jennie was most likely waiting for him at her place, instead of arriving early at the restaurant. She hated public transportation and always hitched a ride with Jeongguk. 

Jeongguk smirked before his phone buzzes a couple of times.

Hey, won't be able to make it for dinner

 Next time? 

:(

The man's ego slightly deflated as he reasoned within himself why she'd cancel.

Third time this month.

Jeongguk scoffs lightly, trying to not think of the worst. A pound on the door breaks the man from his trance as he rushes to open it.

A raven-haired woman smiles brightly at the man, as he frowns.

"Is everything alright with Hye Jin?"

Hana nods, standing outside patiently.

"Then why are you here?" Jeongguk glares, as he crosses his strong, veiny arms over his chest, and cocks his head.

"I thought maybe...we can hang out?" Hana shrugs her shoulders, as she eyes the taller man.

He sighs softly, "Look, it was kind of you to alert me about...the whole situation but whatever happened changed nothing."

Hana's heart shatters, tears welling up in her tired, brown eyes, "We can at least try to remain, friends, right?"

Jeongguk murmurs quietly to himself. The poor girl looked so desperate, with her bottom lip quivering and eyes somber with tears.

But why couldn't they become friends?

Jeongguk had an underlying prejudice against her but by default. Hana never has shown reasons why she shouldn't be trusted or hated.

In fact, she was just the opposite. Which was more terrifying.

Jeongguk rolled his eyes before nodding, "I guess."

Hana perks up a bit, a teardrop rolling down her cheek before she can stop it, she looks down.

"Thanks," her voice cracks.

Jeongguk eyebrows knit together, Why did this matter so much? 

He panics at Hana's resemblance to his younger self. The desperate craving of affirmation and then denial. Something within him ignites agitation with himself and pity for Hana.

"Hey, why don't we catch a movie?" Jeongguk tilts her head up with his forefingers, watching her murky eyes. 

His breath slightly hitches at the beauty in her anguish. Her lashes carefully captured each tear like dew drops on a spider's web. Delicate yet tenacious. The brokenness in her eyes catches an array of emotions as Jeongguk gazes at her intently, peering through her soul.

He never knew her eyelids were asymmetrical. It was unique. It was stunning. It was-

"Jeongguk..." Hana breathes, her eyes hooded as the younger man, blinks slowly, becoming self-conscious.

Jeongguk pulls back, his face turning beet red, as Hana clears her throat. "Let me just get my keys, okay?"

"Al-"

The door slams in Hana's face as he composes himself. The truth was Jeongguk had his keys in his front pant pocket. Jeongguk isn't quite sure what's wrong with him. He takes long breaths, running a hand through his hair. 

He never found Hana attractive or liked at all! Jeongguk blames it on the night he slept over her house. Their relationship seemed to have taken a turn. 

He takes a deep breath before opening the door back up. Hana's face seems clear of tears yet it's flushed.

"I found them." He grunts, faking a thin-lipped smile. 

Hana grins before they both hop inside the car after Jeongguk unlocks it. 

The silence was awkward and unbearable until Hana spoke up, making it even more uncomfortable.

"So what cologne do you use?" She blurts out randomly.

Jeongguk grips his one hand to the wheel as he rubs his face. "Huh?"

"No, it's just...it smells familiar-"

"It's not important, Hana." He grumbles, accelerating the car slightly. He wants to get to the theaters and leave.

"Yeah but I like the smell. What is it? Woody, floral-" They stop at a red light.

"Shut up, Hana!" Jeongguk slams his fist against the wheel causing the horn to blare. A couple curses at him before speeding off. "Can't stand you."

"Just...be quiet." He fidgets his hand towards the wheel before gripping it again. The light turns green, and he steps on the gas pedal.

Hana purses her lips together before turning her head and glancing at the night sky. Jeongguk regrets losing his temper. The woman was so soft, yet so annoying.

He wanted to apologize but making it'll make things more awkward. He clears his throat but Hana keeps her attention on the glass window.

Maybe it's better this way.

The duo arrives at the theater and the car parks, Jeongguk is thinking of an apology. But Hana is already out of the unlocked, stationed vehicle.

Jeongguk sighs softly, following closely behind her.

"Two adult tickets." Jeongguk mumbles reaching for his pocket at the concession clerk.

"Together or separate?" The man replies back in a monotone, boredom resting on his tired features.

"Separate," Hana responds loudly, pulling out her wallet.

Jeongguk eyebrows crease before arguing, glaring at her, feeling an urge to combat. "No, it's together."

"I want it to be separate." Hana rolls her eyes before taking out three wons.

Something makes Jeongguk's blood boil at the stab to his pride. "No, it's together. And that's final."

Hana backs up, as Jeongguk slams several wons on the stand. The other man's eyes widening at the spark of excitement in his boring night. "So together then?"

Jeongguk nods as Hana smacks her teeth. He snaps his neck at her as she spews, "You would've liked it if I were a dog, huh?"

"Pardon?"

"So I could shut up, stay home and not bother you? I can't bark like a dog, Jeongguk. So stop treating me like one! I have feelings too." She storms off as Jeongguk stares back confused.

"Are you guys sure you want to watch the movie right now?" The clerk asks, but the younger man ignores him chasing after Hana.

A:N how are you guys feeling this coronavirus stuff is crazy...
Hope you all are safe and feeling okay.
Thanks for reading!
P.S. mainly a filler but important

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

1.7K 114 14
Kim Namjoon's hands are - just like the rest of him - old and wrinkled. His calloused fingers reach up and brush the long scar that runs down his rig...
3.6K 242 9
he wasn't always like this. one night on the beach changed everything. he became attached-unhealthily. he took away her freedom but she still loved...
36.5K 1.2K 38
I'll hug you so tight that not even the universe can rip us apart... Y/N is convinced love is a lie, wounded deeply from past experiences. But then s...
761K 28.5K 74
❝I want those pretty lips to tremble and beg for me!❞ ... A world you have no idea about, an eerily similar place which keeps luring you towards it...