When Love Gets Complicated [...

By RidaZaidi

Like many typical girls, eighteen year-old Rachel Morgan falls head over heels for an out-of-reach guy, named... More

Chapter 1 - The Dream
Chapter 2 - Hearts Collide.
Chapter 3 - Morgan's No Sportsman.
Chapter 4 - Let The Games Begin!
Chapter 5 - Falling for him....
Chapter 6 - Love At First Sight...
Chapter 7 - The new boy, Malik.
Chapter 8 - The Start of Their Journey.
Chapter 9 - Harry's Crazy Idea.
Chapter 10 - Simple, but Effective...
Chapter 11 - Wish number 1; Complete.
Chapter 12 - Wherefore Art Thou, Harry?
Chapter 13 - What's Wrong with You Curly?
Chapter 14 - Zayn's Heart In Payne...
Chapter 15 - True To Your World.
Chapter 16 - Harry's Surprise.
Chapter 17 - Harry's Surprise Continued..
Chapter 18 - Caught in a Triangle.
Chapter 19 - Louis' Big Secret.
Chapter 20 - To help a friend....
Chapter 21 - [Part 1] The Plan...
Chapter 21 - Part 2 - The Masquerade Party
Chapter 22 - DramaRama!
Chapter 23 - Too Close For Comfort...
Chapter 24 - Just Back off my Man!
Chapter 25 - "I thought three was a crowd?"
Chapter 26 - Lies and Betrayals
Chapter 27 - "The Liar I Once Loved."
Chapter 28- The Truth Told, by Harry.
Chapter 29 - "Betrayal, damn betrayal."
Chapter 30 - Why is it always me?
Chapter 31 - The Death Of Maria.
Chapter 32 - Harry Reveals The Truth.
Chapter 33 - No,This Can't Be Happening.
Chapter 34 - Secrets, secrets, secrets.
Chapter 35 - Let the truth, be told!
Chapter 36 - When an old friend returns
Chapter 37 - Things just keep getting worse.
Chapter 37 [ Part 2 ] "Somehow, someway..."
Chapter 38 - Is There Really No One ?
Chapter 39 - A Beautiful Surprise
Chapter 40 - When love takes a turn.
Chapter 41 - And another love story is gone.
Chapter 42- [Part 1+2] - Harry's Decision
Chapter 43 - The start of a new friendship
Chapter 44 - LA, Here we Come!
Chapter 45 - Drama in LA? On the first Day?
Chapter 46 - Madness in LA.
Chapter 47 - Rachel and Harry, back to the Romantic Blues.
Chapter 48 - There's nothing like a little bit of drama.
Chapter 49 - Decisions, Decisions....
Chapter 50 - Love Really Is Complicated...
Chapter 51 - "I would never lie to you Rachel."
Chapter 52 - Regrets.
Chapter 52 (part 2) - What Love Can Do....
Chapter 53 - Stephanie's Big Secret.
Chapter 54 - [ Part 1 ] "You're always there for me..."
Chapter 54 [Part 2] "You're always there for me..." <3
Chapter 55 - To live, or To Die.
Chapter 56 - " If Only...."
Chapter 57 - Louis and Eleanor's Romantic Night. <3
Chapter - 58 "Harry Styles or Zayn Malik...?"
Chapter - 59 The Answer, is finally here.
Chapter 60 - "If you love someone, you can't let them go." [Part 1. ]
Chapter 60 - "If you love someone, you can't let them go." [Part 2.]
Chapter 61 - The LA trip comes to an end...
Chapter 62 - The Final Goodbye....
Chapter 63 - "I'll Never Let You Go..."
Chapter 64 - No More Fights, No More Rivalry.
Chapter 65 - A Night Out In London <3
Chapter 66 [Part 1] - "Where there is love there is life."
Chapter 66 [Part 2] "Where there is love, There is Life."
Chapter 67 - "Frienship, is a special kind of love." <3
Chapter 68 - "Honesty is all you need. "
Chapter 69 - "You're my Wonderwall." <3
Chapter 70 - "9 months later..."
Chapter 70 - "9 months later." [Part 2.]
Chapter 71 - "The Birth of Sapphire."
Chapter 72 - "This is a promise."
Chapter 73 - "The Final Decision."

Chapter 74 - Final decisions, Final choices.

170K 3.4K 2.3K
By RidaZaidi

 Chapter 74

[ – Rachel’s P.O.V.]

I lay there; my eyes pulled wide open and fixated onto the popcorn ceiling above. The wheels of my mind turning faster then ever, thoughts racing each other and tumbling over one another – it was still all so unclear. The night before was still fresh in my heart and mind. I’d close my eyelids and find myself smiling uncontrollably at the thought of Harry’s reaction from the night before. And then a second later the thought of Zayn’s reaction would prop my eyelids back open and I’d feel my throat narrow to the size of a needle’s eye. I was depressed, stressed, and full of guilt. I felt selfish for putting my feelings over Zayn’s. Even though my heart had lead me to Harry, It still felt incomplete. My mind’s painted scenarios of Zayn were still sending electricity through my body. I’d hoped so badly to have both of them remain in my life, but I also knew I could only love one of them, and that a happy ending to a story like this only existed on TV. I missed Zayn. I wanted to see him again, apologize for breaking his heart, and for not being able to give him all he had given me.

My hands rested on my chest, my heart beating frantically. I was in love with Harry, I chose him. But then why couldn’t I get Zayn out of my head? I pressed my hand hard against my heart. Why did it have to feel for two people? I was hopeless and there was nothing I could do about it. I wanted Zayn back in my life, I did. I wanted him to be my friend and stay with me forever; I was so sure of it. But the way he broke down right in front of me… I would have never expected for that to happen. The way he looked at me when I told him this wasn’t goodbye and that we would still be friends... the look in his eyes frightened me to death. In that half-a-second, as his eyes met mine, I thought of all the times he’d look at me in a way he’s never looked at anyone else. I thought of how his brown eyes would look timeless and full of emotion. They would give me a sense of security. I thought of everything he had done for me. But in that moment, his eyes looked disconnected - as if he had pulled free from me and was just a stranger. He didn’t have to utter a word – his eyes spoke for him. He no longer wanted to be my friend. But I knew I wanted to fight for him, like all of the times he had fought for me. It would be hard and would take some time to adjust to, but I was sure we could do it. And how did Zayn expect to get on with his life without me? I need him, and he needs me. I know he will come back for me. I know he will come back and ask for my friendship again, it’s the one feeling in my heart that I know is for certain.

I heard a groan, and turned to my side… smiling at the only thing that could make me smile at that moment.

Harry stretched his muscular arms above his head as he turned to face me. His emerald green eyes stared at me intently waiting for mine to squint the way they did when I was flustered.

He took his large hand, and tucked a stray piece of hair behind my ear.

“Good morning beautiful, feeling better?” He asked me, pulling me closer to him.

I smirked and brushed my hand up his bare torso. He was so warm, so soft. I traced my finger between his abs. “That tickles,” he giggled.

I sighed and he perked his head down to plant a kiss on the top of my forehead. “I guess it’s all just so much. You know?” I said looking up at him. I was glad that Harry was so understanding of all of this and I felt comfort in knowing I could talk to him about it. Most guys would just want to move on, but Harry understood that I needed time to process my decision.

I couldn’t go home, my body was too numb to do anything. Harry was glad to spend our first night as a couple together but all I could do was feel guilty. I tried concealing it because I didn’t want him to think I still had doubt – I didn’t. I was sure I had made the right decision. I just doubted the way I let Zayn know of my decision. I couldn’t quite remember what I had said to him but I kept thinking of what I could’ve said. I didn’t plan to lose him forever.

Harry had brought me to a hotel, resting his arm across my stomach and making sure I was okay. He understood what I was going through, the pain of knowing that you may never get them back. He once felt it when he was forced to leave me, when he lost me.

Nothing happened that night. Harry was too much of a gentleman to take advantage of my hopelessness. I only lied down with him, trying to understand what had just happened, how much I would miss Zayn, how our friendship was already ruined, and how moving to LA would change everything. Everything was just happening so fast. The entire gang was moving on. They all had a point: Liam and Danielle acted mature enough to settle down together and find a good career that they both enjoyed. Staying in one place may not allow them to find all the opportunities out there as they would get travelling to other places. Louis and Eleanor really needed to settle down as well. There wasn’t enough room for the both of them and Sapphire in Eleanor’s flat. They were a family now and they needed to be together. Nat and Niall still weren’t sure of what to do, but they’re young and figuring things out. They still had time – something I wish hadn’t rushed me to my decision. Lauren was happy to be going back to her family; she deserved to see them again. After all, family is family. But there was that memory that would always haunt me of my past and past relationships. Sapphire, my beautiful baby girl. When you’re a parent, you catch yourself looking at your child and trying to figure out what pieces of them came from you and which came from their father. She had a smile like mine and the almond shape and dark hair of Zayn’s. I knew looking at her now would remind me of everything that could have been. It was another reason why I still didn’t regret passing Sapphire onto Louis and Eleanor. It was the best decision I could have ever made. Although, it pained me to see a part of me, mine and Zayn’s intertwined D.N.A., with someone else. That I couldn’t call that beautiful child my own. It hurt, a lot. But I knew she was in good hands, so that made it all better.

I felt like taking my life and ending everything. That would just be perfect. I would be running away from my problems again, but hey, wasn’t that what I always did? It seemed like the easiest way out.

Harry moved closer towards me, gently cupping my face with his hands. He took his thumb and wiped away the tear that was just about to make its fall from my eyelid.

How many more tears could I possibly shed?

“Stop crying Rach, I hate to see you like this. Last night was the hardest thing for me to see. Your condition was just horrid. To see you in so much pain and knowing I couldn’t do anything. Rachel I just… I wish I could help you. But it sucks to know that I’m part of this whole problem and madness. I’m sorry.” He apologized, his eyes facing away from me.

I brushed my hands through his soft curls. Oh how I missed cuddling with him like this – the memories we had back then. I missed this so much. It was like before, where I didn’t have to worry about there being another person in the picture. I was glad to know that I had Harry all to myself and didn’t have to feel as if I were cheating on Zayn. It was just… us. I finally had that back.

“Don’t be sorry Harry. Everything that’s happened is because of me. I wish that, somehow, I could turn back time. I would make sure that I only stayed friends with Zayn, nothing more. If I could, I would completely scratch Kate out of our past, even though she’s gone for good now. I would go back and eliminate all that extra, unnecessary drama….UGH! I’ve made so many mistakes and I just hope I don’t make them again.“ I sniffled, running my hand under my nose to make sure there weren’t any boogs down there.

“You’re only human, Rach. Humans make mistakes. Ask me, I would know.” He whispered to me, kissing my cheek.

I giggled. He really was the only one who could put a smile on my face right now.

“You’ve got to stop thinking of the entire negative. Or just stop thinking about all this in general! Over thinking causes the negative thoughts to come. Zayn always wanted you to be happy. Imagine if he saw you like this? He wouldn’t want this either. For you to always suffer like this. You made this decision to help all three of us and so we could all move on in life. By making this choice you helped Zayn and made him realize that he can find someone else now. And if it were the same for me, I would smile and nod hiding all the pain behind me, and move on with my life. That’s what you should do too. You chose to be with me, so I’ll do everything I can to keep you happy Rach. I won’t let you down. There’s so much more to the world. Moving away from here might be better. It’ll give you a nicer atmosphere and a start fresh. There's more to discover, find out what went wrong without blaming each other.” He mapped his lips along the trail of my throat.

I closed my eyes feeling the erotic kiss, feeling his soft lips pressing up against my skin.

I wanted Harry… he was the reason I let Zayn down.

Maybe moving on and moving fast was the right way to get away from everything, like Harry said. Taking fast steps and taking on big changes might help me get away from everything. Everyone seemed to be moving on but me. I couldn’t live in this sorrow forever. I needed to live my life – with the one I loved. And his name was Harry Styles. I loved him and wanted him by my side. He was my choice.

He pulled his lips away and with his knees anchoring the bed, got on top of me. He then made a goofy face.

I laughed hard this time. “That’s attractive,” I said sarcastically, “thanks.”

He shrugged his shoulders. “I pretty much can do anything for you. I’m glad that we can finally be together, Rach. I’ve wanted this more than anything in my life.”

“Me too.” I said, “and Harry?”

He was still looking down at me with a smile that was pushing up against his eyes. “Yeah?”

“I love you,” I whispered to him softly, leaning in.

The words tickled down his spine, and he leaned in back, closer towards me. “I love you more, Rachel.” Then he fit his lips into mine, moving his body to the rhythm of how our lips moved onto each other. He turned his head to get a better angle facing my lips. My sensations took over me and sex became desperate. But then I felt his hands grab on to my arms tightly, and we both yelped, falling to the ground.

“OUCH!” I shouted. We were both on the ground. Guess we got too carried away with the kiss…

I realized then, that I actually didn’t get hurt. I didn’t feel anything at all… possibly because I was now lying on top of Harry.

“Oh, wow. I didn’t feel a thing. Guess I’m all good,” I exclaimed cheerfully.

I heard harry moan loudly. “Well glad you’re okay, meanwhile….” His teeth were biting onto his lower lip in pain, and he shut his eyes tightly.

I got up off of him, immediately to see where he was hurt…and then I clued in.

His hands were covering his groin.

“Oh, gosh! Harry did I…?”

“YOU SQUISHED MY BALLS,” he shouted in pain.

“Oh crap! I’m so sorry. I’ll go get you some ice right now!” I got up in a hurry to help him, but then he grabbed my hand pulling me back.

He had a smirk on his face, even while going through the kind of pain that no girl could ever try to understand. “See, even when you squish my balls, I love you. Sort of yano.” He winked flirting.

I rolled my eyes. “Oh, how cheesy.” I let go of his hand, feeling as flattered as ever, but ran in to the kitchen to grab Harry some ice in nothing but my bra and underwear.

 ---------------------------------------

-Zayn’s P.O.V. –

I felt the deepest hole in my heart. It was as if everything had been snatched away from me – everything. My whole future had vanished and I didn’t know what to do with myself anymore. For months I had imagined what that moment would be like. That moment where Rachel would come into my arms and tell me that I was the one she loved. After all the effort I had put into trying to make the girl I loved fall in love with me, my efforts were proven useless.

I was useless; everything I had done seemed useless. There was nothing left on this planet that I could do to gain Rachel’s love. Why couldn’t she love me? Why couldn’t she just give me a chance? She handed Harry so many chances. Why was she being so unfair to me?

I really thought we had something together, something special. I thought she would come running to me and look at me the way she looked at Harry. It was true, we were never friends. We were always meant to be more. I always believed that. But somehow, it looked like things were just adding up to tell me that there was nothing between us at all.

I should never have entered Rachel’s life to ruin her perfect love story with Harry. And she should have never entered my life to ruin a love story that, in the end, was all in my head.

God, what was wrong with me? How could I say that? What would I have done if I hadn’t met Rachel? She’s the one who practically saved my life from falling apart. She saved me from myself. She kept me from fading away. I had talents, and she showed me that I was worth showing them to the world. That I deserved applause after every performance. She brought me closer to my family, introduced me to more friends… actually made me popular. How could I ever be so ungrateful? What hadn’t she done for me? The only reason I sacrificed so much for her, was because I loved her so damn much. I still love her, with all my heart. I won’t ever be able to let go of her, or forget about her.

I angrily stirred my steaming hot tea, not looking down, drumming my fingers against the side of the cup and staring off into space.

What was going to happen with Sapphire now? Was she going to stay with Louis and Eleanor? Would Rachel and I ever be able to see her again? I had no idea what was going to happen, or what I was going to do. I was supposed to move on, but how? After losing both Sapphire and Rachel, the two girl’s I loved so dearly, after waiting for that day for so long.

Was I going to stay here or move on too? Would I be able to stay friends with Rachel?

I stirred my tea even faster, growing more and more angry.

Why was love so hard to deal with? I couldn’t take this pain any longer, this bruise in my chest, letting me know every few minutes that I wasn’t the one. My heart was still racing at the thought of her.

“Aw, shit!” I shouted, spilling my tea all over my jeans. Thankfully, I had backed up in time and escaped getting burned, but my hand was red and swelling up. I quickly brought it to my lips and licked my hand trying to ease the stinging feeling.

I curled my fist into a ball, baring the pain. But it was nothing compared to the pain I was feeling inside.

I opened my eyes, and smiled, going back into old memories as always.

“Oh god, Zayn! You’re so clumsy and careless! Let me get something for you!” Rachel grabbed my hand pulling it close to her lips, and kissing it softly.

The touch of her lips against my skin, sent tingles up and down my spine. Rachel went off to grab something, and I cleaned the spilt coffee off of my jeans.

She quickly came running back and pulled me down onto the chair behind me. “Okay this might just hurt a bit. But it’s alright.” She pressed a cloth down onto my hand with some sort of alcohol to ease the pain.

The stinging feeling made my eyes water. I tried to hide my pain and bit hard on to my lip. Rachel peered at me with a sorry look and realized how painful it was. She finally removed the cloth and wrapped my hand up carefully in a bandage.

“You really didn’t have to do all that, it was only a small burn. Nothing big.” I shrugged modestly.

Rachel cocked her head to the side. “Don’t be silly. You were about to start crying if I didn’t help reduce the pain. Now hush and let me make some more coffee for us. And how about I sneak in some dinner as well. Might as well eat something while we’re at it right?” Rachel suggested excitedly, and jumped up at her own offer.

I grabbed her hand pulling her back, close to me – a tight fit, close enough to not let anything, or anyone, come between us. I ran my fingers over her hair and the skin that’s tightly wrapped around her shoulders. I could feel her heavy breath against me and smell her Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume.

“Thank you Rach, I don’t know what I would ever do without you.” I thanked her, smiling gratefully.

She smiled back, allowing her perfect teeth to reveal themselves. “Well you better get used to it! With my kindness around, I’m always going to make sure you’re okay!” She pulled a stand of her hair behind her ear and skipped back to the kitchen.

I shook my head and awoke from my memories. The smell of coffee and baked goods washed over me. I glanced down at my watch and realized that ten minutes had gone by.

They were only memories, yet I was stuck in them, stuck in time, stuck in those precious moments – the best moments of my life.

My burn seemed to be getting worse and worse. I had no idea how to take care of it, oh well. I guess it would heal on its own.

I collapsed onto my bed, clutching my unmade sheets into a pool around me.

I felt a tear come together near the corner of my eye. Tears. I had lost so many people and I was finally letting my emotions take charge.

After my parents’ divorce, I changed everything in my life. How I acted with people, my interests, just how I was in general. It felt like my world had been turned upside down and there was no way of flipping it back to normal… yet there was one girl who fixed that all for me, just in time before things got even worse.

That was Rachel. Having her come into my life at a time when I needed someone made me a new person. She showed me the ropes of life, and everything I was missing out on. Every time I was with her, I just felt like a happy person. On even my saddest days, being with her brightened my day up and made me forget about all of my problems. I don’t think I would ever be able to face her again. To look at her the same way.

I couldn’t see her anymore without looking at her with the look of love. Knowing this was the girl I fell in love with, who I am in love with…but she doesn’t love me back. She loves someone else. That feeing was only something I would understand. To fall in love with a person so madly and then watch them love another person, that feeling is probably the worst thing.

I think I was done. I was sure of it. My parents divorced, then the one girl who loved me back, in fact she loved me more than I even loved her … left me and died. I never got to spend enough time with her or love her equally because there was someone else in my life, and I only had room for her. Rachel. Ash, someone I thought of as a friend, someone who I never thought could fall in love with me. I only helped her and brought her to safety, little did I know she fell in love with me along the way. And again, I couldn’t feel the same back towards her, because again, I was in love with Rachel. I don’t know how Rachel loved two people at the same time, I don’t know how she did it. But I only had room for her. I did everything I could. I’m done now. Done with everything. Done with showing her what more I can do. Because there is nothing else left. It’s pretty clear she doesn’t want me anymore. She may still want me in her life, but I’m not just some toy to be used whenever she doesn’t have her lover around. I’m not some piece of trash.

This was it, since everyone was making their own decisions, it was time to make my own decision. Everyone was moving on, so why shouldn’t I?

There was only one thing I was living for from now on, before it was only because of Rachel. Everything I did was because of her…but now there was only one thing I could do to get my mind off of all of this.

Singing. Music. My dream.

I was going for my record deal, no matter how far it was. Las Vegas to be exact. Away from everyone else, away from this country. Away from everyone I knew here.

I would be far away, but that would be the only thing to help rid my mind of what I lost here. I lost too much to gain back…singing was the only thing that could get me through all of this and that’s just what I would do.

I’m done with making sacrifices. What’s the point of staying here anyways? Rachel’s leaving me for Harry, going off to LA, leaving the rest of us.

Then I would leave too. There was no point in me staying here anymore. If I had a dream, I was going to go for it.

After all, I made a promise to Rachel. To make sure I didn’t let go of singing. And that’s what I was going to do.

This was the only promise I could keep, because the other promise she asked me to keep... I know I could never fulfill.

We were never meant to be friends. It wasn’t possible for us to remain friends. I would never be able to look at her contagious smile without butterflies ripping through my stomach, or sit next to her and not feel my sensations expand when our shoulders brush, or not want kiss her lips as they moved with her words.

This would be my last deed for Rachel, my last promise. I want to make her happy, to make myself happy.

One day, I’ll move on. One day I’ll find my own love. One day I’ll get over Rachel.

Right now it seems impossible... but I’m going to do everything in my power to try and get over her.

This was a promise…

“Oh god, Louis. Come on! Are you serious? We have so much stuff to do! We haven’t even started packing. Everyone is busy. We don’t have time for parties!” Eleanor threw her Starbucks cup into a nearby bin.

The two of them walked down the gravel path breathing in the brisk air and enjoying their city one last time before they moved away as well. London had graced them with a beautiful last picture. Most of the trees were bare and leaves had painted the dead grass a deep red. Dogs were barking off in the distance and the sky was thick with grey clouds.

“Oh come on, Eleanor! You’re such a party pooper! How am I supposed to get along with someone who doesn’t like partying at all? I’m the biggest party animal of all!” Louis whined, wanting his party to happen.

Ever since this whole thing with the gang separating and moving on their own ways started, Louis wanted to have one last get together with each of them, to spend some time together. To share a few last moments together with all of them.

Eleanor, stubbornly shook her head. “Nope, I’m not going to say yes. And excuse me, but I do enjoy partying, just not when we have so much on our hands. And might I remind you, we have a child to take care of now. That requires some maturing and actually acting like adults. Not acting like a child even younger than Sapphire.” Eleanor rubbed her hands together, heating them as a large gust of wind carried autumn leaves past them.

Louis stopped her from waling and made her look his way. “Listen, El. We have our whole life ahead of us to be parents. To be on our own, to mature, and all that shit. But we only have a short amount of time to enjoy our youth with our closest friends ever. Separating like this doesn’t mean we’re all going to separate our hearts, we’re still going to be the bests of friends… but it’s going to be hard to spend lots of time together as we’re used to. Think about it: every day, we hang out with at least one of them. One of our friends. After a few days, we’ll be gone and they will too. It just won’t be the same. We won’t have any more moments together. This is why I want to spend one last night together, with all of us. To cherish together. You can’t say no to that can you, El?” Louis pleaded. Eleanor sighed. This was Louis’ serious face. And it was really hard to tell what his serious face was.

But of course, she loved him, and she got his point. There was just one night left together for them all to spend with each other.

“Of course you win, but don’t complain when you end up leaving half of your clothes behind while we’re rushing to get to the airport!”

Louis beamed and hugged Eleanor tightly.

“Don’t worry, I will not complain at all!” Louis warned her.

Eleanor gave him a sarcastic look and laughed. “Oh please, you and I both know that’s not true. When the diva sassmasta gets his sass on… oh it’s a bad day for everyone. You’ll keep a grudge the whole flight to LA just because you forgot your favourite TOMS!” Eleanor shouted in his face, teasing him.

Louis raised his finger in front of her face. “DON’T YOU DARE SAY THAT! YOU CANNOT JINX IT. I CANT EVER FORGET MY TOMS OKAY. NEVER. THEY’RE PART OF THE TOM IN TOMLINSON ALRIGHT? THEY ARE A PART OF ME!”

Eleanor stopped laughing and rubbed Louis arm gently. “Oh baby I’m sorry, okay no you won’t forget your Toms, hush, let’s get home now and plan this party of yours.” Eleanor hugged him from the side, wrapping her arms around his waist.

They both walked on, and a smirk appeared on Louis face. He lifted his arm up and whispered quietly to himself “YES…..” of success.

“What was that?” Eleanor asked.

“Oh nothing, I just love you a lot.” He pouted his lips moving closer to her. Eleanor put her two fingers on his lips and pushed him away.

“Oh brother…you’re such a weirdo, but I love you.” And then she leaned in and kissed him finally.

 -------------------------------------------------

“Nat, so you really don’t think we should do anything? I mean, look at everyone else. The entire gang is moving on, settling down somewhere; the couples all love each other and are ready to be together. Do we not love each other enough or something?” Niall asked her curiously.

Nat licked her cheesy fingers, lifting her hand out of the Cheetos bag. “Niall, no. I don’t mean that at all! We do love each other, I know. I love you more than anything in this world and I don’t see that you love me any less. But the thing is, these guys have been together for a longer time than us. They’ve had time to get to know each other. I mean, they’ve already had so many ups and down and fights, they know each other really well. We haven’t even had our first fight yet!” Nat laughed.

Niall took a step back. “Actually… Nat, considering all those years we’ve known each other, all those fights, I think that counts.”

Nat thought to herself for a minute, and then shrugged. “Well, whatever. You get my point, and anyways, I feel that we’re fine we are right now. We can even find a home here together - in London. We don’t have to go all the way to a different country to find happiness. I mean, Lou and El… I guess they just want to get away from things, and since Harry and Rach are going to LA, Rach will still be able to see Sapphire. And Danielle and Liam are out chasing their dreams. And at the moment we’re just a duo of happy, carefree campers who have nothing to worry about. I think we’re fine as we are. You don’t need to get pressured into moving just because everyone else is. Don’t get into all that. ”

Niall laughed, and stared hard at her as she stared at the Cheetos that were being shoved into her mouth.

“What?” Nat asked her mouth full of Cheetos.

He shook his head, and blinked slowly. “Nothing….it’s just… you’re pretty crazy. I love that about you. How you’re carefree, just like me. You don’t let anything bother you. You just love the people who love you and you’re fine with it, even if you don’t express it sometimes.” He poked his two fingers at her and tickled her.

Nat giggled and set the bag of Cheetos aside, and sat on top of Niall’s lap. “What do you mean?” She whispered.

Niall’s heart was racing so fast it was pushing on the cloth of his shirt. “I don’t know what I mean. I just…wow, how stupid was I? After all those years I couldn’t figure out that the perfect girl for me was you. That all along I was in love with my best friend and I didn’t even know it myself. I had to get someone to tell it to me to make me realize that it was true. And the time where I did think I was in love with my best friend…was when I thought it was Rachel. I know that would have been a mistake because… I love her as my closest friends, but I would never have been able to get along with her the way I do with you. All along I was looking for the perfect girl, when she was right beside me the whole time.” Niall brushed Nat’s cheek with his hand and leaned forward until her lips met his.

Nat pulled back to catch her breath and replied back. “There’s nothing more I can say to top that, but the feelings mutual. I just have to say, I’m glad I finally found my Mr. Right. My perfect guy, my Niall. I love you babe.”

“I love you too.” Niall whispered, and the two kissed passionately, on the couch, hearing the gust of wind blowing wildly outside.

It was one cold and crazy autumn….and not just the season….

 -------------------------------------------------------

“Are you kidding me El? I think sometimes you really need to have a say in these kind of situations, Louis is getting too controlling!” Danielle exclaimed through her phone, while she brushed her teeth.

She spat in the sink, splashed water on her face, and dried with a towel, listening to Eleanor on the other end of the phone.

“No, this time I couldn’t say no. If he really wants to have a party that bad, then why not let him have it, you know?” Eleanor replied, as she carried Sapphire into her crib.

“Yeah I guess so, but we don’t have time El! All this packing and then Harry and Rachel leaving tomorrow now, thankfully their flight got delayed; we just don’t have time to fit a party in! I’m sure Rachel won’t agree either!” Danielle bumped into Liam as she headed to the kitchen, and he kissed her cheek softly.

“Yeah I know but I really felt for him. We’re all really close friends, but our friendship, I think really means the most to Louis. Especially over the fact that he’s leaving some of his closest friends behind and moving on. Louis and I will also be shifting to LA, but that’s not so soon. We will later on, but much after Rachel and Harry go. We’ll meet up eventually in LA, but the rest of the gang will be left behind. He just wants to spend one more night with all of us together. How could we possibly say no to that? I think it’s a great idea, because I, for one, am gutted that everyone is separating from each other.” Eleanor softly spoke.

Danielle sighed. She knew Eleanor had a point. She understood why she agreed to Lou having the party. She understood why he wanted to have it in the first place. So who was she to decline?

“Well, whatever happens, count me and Liam in. We’ll both be there tonight for sure.”

Eleanor’s face beamed with excitement just when Danielle informed her of that. “YES THAT’S GREAT! Thank you Danielle! Oh and by the way…why do you sound so tired? And were you just brushing your teeth?”

Danielle looked confused “How the hell can you tell that from the phone? Well, Liam and I had a long night and decided to sleep in a little later than usual and –”

“oOoO, long night, huh? So did you….?” Eleanor teased her in a high pitched voice.

“El! It’s pretty self explanatory but…”

“How was it? Tell me everything!” Eleanor laughed to herself. It seemed like Louis taught her well with teasing the rest of the gang.

“ELEANOR CALDER. I WILL NOT GO INTO SO MUCH DETAIL. We’re coming to your stupid party later, so see ya then!” Danielle hung up on Eleanor before she could reply.

Liam came jogging into the kitchen to see what happened.

He had a sleeveless shirt on and shorts. He had just begun working out and was sweating.

“Whoa! what happened?” He asked panting, still tired from his daily exercise.

Danielle shook her head. “Oh, nothing. Louis’ just having a party tonight and we’re all invited. It’s kind of like the very last party with all of us together.”

Liam nodded his head in excitement. “Oh cool! But why were you getting all worked up?”

“Because I think your friend, Louis, has taught Eleanor what teasing and annoying really is. And she’s learnt well. I swear they’re perfect for each other.” Danielle muttered, clinging onto Liam’s side.

He laughed flipping a sweaty towel over his shoulder. “Oh, I can’t believe I’m moving in with you.” He tapped Danielle’s nose playfully.

“Oh whatever!” She punched him and then kissed him softly, standing on her tippy-toes with her arms wrapped around his neck.

 ---------------------------------------------------

“He’s having a party? Do you really want to go to this!? I mean, Harry, we’re leaving tomorrow. I don’t think we’ll have time to fit a party in!” Rachel complained, putting her arms through the sleeves of her shirt.

Harry walked in with nothing but a towel around his waist and shrugged. “It doesn’t matter. We can actually fit a party in. We’ll just have everything ready before we leave so that when we get home and we collapse to sleep, tomorrow morning everything will be packed and ready for LA.”

Rachel sighed. She knew there was no going anywhere with this argument. She would just have to give in and go to the party.

“Ah, well then we should get dressed, it’s already late. I think we should get going now.” Rachel rushed over to the closet.

She swung through her hangers in search for something that wasn’t too flashy. What does one wear to a farewell party?

She heard Harry walking up behind her and then felt his hands massage her shoulders in a circular motion. Her heart began leaping like fish being pulled out of a sea, but there wasn’t enough time to make love to Harry. She smiled and turned around to face him.

“I’m flattered Harry, but we can save the hugging for later. We’ve really got to get going now.”

But Harry didn’t budge. So Rachel leaned over to get a better look at his face, which kind of got serious. He wasn’t smiling.

His throat burned and the words shot out like fire. “Rach… do you think Zayn will be at this party…?” He finally asked.

Rachel’s heart sunk into the pit of her stomach.

She never thought about that. How could she face Zayn after shattering his heart into pieces? She hadn’t seen him, or contacted him since. She wanted to desperately, but she didn’t want to hurt him anymore than he already. She didn’t want to remind him that she was still there, waiting in hope for him to respond. She was already hurting, but that was fine. She deserved it. But Zayn was far from deserving pain.

“I sure hope he doesn’t come…” Rachel whispered back, answering Harry’s question.

 ---------------------------------------------

“MY WHAT!?” Niall shouted leaning in.

Louis moved in closer. “YOUR FLY!” he shouted back.

“WHAT?” Niall asked still unable to hear.

“YOUR FLY IS UNDONE!” Louis finally shouted back, and this time, it went quiet. The music turned off because the DJ changed the CD…and it went quiet.

Niall’s face cringed, turning crimson. He looked as if he were ready to beat someone up, most likely Louis. Louis backed away and looked at him apologetically.

Nat giggled. “Oh, Nialler. Don’t worry about it. It wasn’t done up all day, I just forgot to tell ya.” She teased him, shouting in front of everyone.

Niall went pitch red with embarrassment.

“I’M GOING TO KILL YA LOU!” Niall yelled and pounced over Louis to tackle him.

“SHOULDN’T YOU BE TACKLING NAT? SHE WAS THE ONE WHO DIDN’T TELL YOU ALL DAY! I WAS ONLY TRYING TO TELL YA BUD.” Louis defended for himself, fighting Niall off of him.

“Yeah well I can’t beat up a girl, so you’re going to have to suffer in her place.” Niall replied sitting on top of Louis fighting him.

Nat walked by and winked at Louis. “You’re welcome,” she laughed and then left to join the girls.

Louis’ party was going great… so far. It was in Eleanor’s apartment, which looked larger. They had rearranged their furniture to make room for the loads of people who were invited. Everyone had brought alcohol and the music forced everyone to grind up on one another rather than have a chat. Everyone seemed to be enjoying the party – except for one person… and that was Rachel.

Her mind was too full of thoughts for her to fake even a smile.

She came to the party with Harry and just as she entered, she couldn’t help but peer around the room in search for Zayn. She wanted to speak to him, to see him, just one last time before she left tomorrow. She wanted to see how he was doing. But it didn’t look like was going to be coming.

Rachel looked over, and realized Harry was watching her. He noticed how bummed Rachel looked. He stood there with Liam and a few other boys, just watching Rachel. He knew what she was thinking about, and why her face looked like she was in so much pain. But she smiled at him to assure him she was fine. He put a thumbs up, questioning her if she was sure.

She smiled again and put a thumbs up.

“Rach, are you really alright? I’m telling you, you can leave early if you’d like. Don’t stay just because of Louis. We’re going to see you guys off at the airport tomorrow anyways, it’s fine if you go. You have a lot of packing to do anyways and I can tell you’re not having the best time anyways.” Eleanor placed her hand on her shoulder gently.

Rachel shook her head. Was it really that obvious to everyone she was not enjoying herself here? It’s not that she wasn’t trying to have a good time.

“No it’s fine, I’m fine. I want to party yano, I’m not the party pooper type who leaves early and you guys know that.” Rachel joked around trying to play it cool.

Danielle sighed. “Rachel, I think we’ve known you long enough to know when something is wrong with you. Obviously we know you’re not enjoying this party tonight because of how anxious you are to get home and to get packing. Like seriously? Who would be, but there is something else. And we’re aware of what that something else is. I don’t think Zayn is coming, Rach.”

Rachel shot her head up. “Yeah,” Nat added, “He told us he wasn’t going to make it tonight. There wasn’t a reason why, but we honestly just think its cause he’s too nervous to face you. He’ll be hurt once he sees your face again. He’s not coming so there’s no point of you staying here and being depressed the entire night. You should go home and get some rest, you’ve got a big day tomorrow.” Nat cuddled her in a hug.

Rachel smiled. How stupid was she? Did she really think she was able to hide stuff from her closest friends?

“Okay, I guess you guys are right. But El, is –“ Rachel began but got cut off when Eleanor knew just exactly what she was going to ask.

“Sapphire? She’s in her room, waiting for you. Go on in, you’re always welcome to see Sapphire, Rach.” Eleanor’s eyes lit up as the corners of her mouth tuned.

Rachel looked at her thankfully and smiled at her. “I’m so sorry guys. I’m just going to say goodbye to Sapphire cause she won’t be at the airport tomorrow. Thanks Eleanor for the party.”

Eleanor nodded her head, and pushed her off gesturing for her to go on. Danielle texted Harry that Rachel was leaving, and he replied back with “alright”.

“No matter how hard she tries, she’ll never be able to fight the feeling that she loves both of them.” Lauren said to herself, walking up towards the girls.

“She’ll always have that guilt in her, that she let one of them down, and that one was Zayn. Now she’ll always feel like she’s to blame for breaking his heart.” Danielle added in.

“The real question, though, is will she be able to move on? Willl Zayn be able to move on?” Eleanor asked. They all exchanged looks, and watched Rachel walk into Sapphire’s room.

 -----------------------------------

Rachel quietly entered into the room Eleanor had told her to go into, looking round for Sapphire. She walked inside, admiring the room Eleanor and Louis decorated for Sapphire to stay in. The walls were painted a typical baby pink and decorated with animals. The furniture was white and stuffed animals were placed everywhere. She really did leave Sapphire in good hands.

Rachel looked ahead and saw Sapphire in her crib, just playing with her toes and talking to herself in her adorable baby language. Rachel beamed and ran forward.

She poked her head over and looked down at Sapphire. “Hey my baby girl, how’ve you been doing?” Rachel said to her in a high-pitched voice. She always found herself talking like that when she spoke to Sapphire.

Sapphire giggled cutely, obviously unaware of what Rachel was saying, but it was good to know that Sapphire recognized her and Rachel wasn’t just a stranger to her.

“May I hold you in my arms?” Rachel asked her, obviously not waiting for a reply. She slowly reached over and picked Sapphire up, feeling her warmth and caressing her in her arms so she could stare at her. She thought back to the first time she held Sapphire. The night she gave birth to her, when Zayn was by her side, supporting and comforting her the entire way through. When he finally arrived and made it on time, when he walked through the door, making sure he didn’t miss the big moment, that feeling was amazing. It made her realize that regardless of what she did, she wanted Zayn with her at all times.

In that moment, holding Sapphire in her arms, Rachel didn’t want to pull away. She began to panic as she thought of moving far from her and not being to see her baby whenever she wanted. Louis and Eleanor did say they were also moving to LA, but that wasn’t for certain.

Although, in some ways she found it right to keep away from her. Every time she looked at Sapphire, she saw Zayn in her and all the memories they had cherished together before and during the pregnancy.

“Now, now, Sapphire, your mommy didn’t just leave you forever without any reason. When you grow up, you’ll realize what I did was for a good reason, and one day you’ll even thank me for leaving you with such amazing parents. Eleanor is going to be that amazing mother for you that I could never be. I can’t guarantee that Louis will be a better father than Zayn, because I know Zayn would have also been the most amazing dad for you. I’m sorry for putting you through so much, but I’ll be leaving shortly. You won’t be seeing me as your mother anymore, but just as a simple aunt that sees you a few times a month. It hurts to say it, but if I could do anything I would. I’m going tot miss you so much. I love you Sapphire.” Suddenly, Rachel’s chin began to quiver and a tear started gliding down her cheek and onto Sapphires. Her fuzzy eyes stared into Rachel’s, as if she were listening and understanding every word.

“Sapphire, I love you, and I don’t want to say it, but I have to. I have to say goodbye baby. Don’t forget me.” Rachel delicately tucked Sapphire back into her crib, pulling away so that her tears didn’t pour down onto her like a thunderstorm. Before leaving, she took a last glance at her baby, when she felt someone come up behind her.

She figured it was Harry…but it wasn’t.

He leaned over and put his hand on top of Rachel’s, which was rested on the railing of the crib. “Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting.”

She took a deep breath and turned, to see him just a breath away from her.

He was up close, and it was… Zayn.

Everything inside her went to stone and her throat pinched tight. “Z…Zayn?” Rachel spoke.

He moved back, shoved his hands in his pockets and shrugged his shoulders. “It’s not from me, it’s Peter Pan.”

Rachel rolled her eyes. Of course. 

“What… what are you doing here?” Rachel asked curiously.

Zayn wouldn’t make eye contact with her and kept looking at the floor, but then slowly looked up.

“I came to say goodbye….to Sapphire.” Zayn replied.

It felt like someone had just punched her. “Only Sapphire..?” Rachel asked having some hope in her.

But he nodded his head, and walked up closer to her. “Although I realized that there was a motto I used to live by. Why give up on it now? It was to never say goodbye, because the chances of you meeting again become less and less. Who knows, we may just meet again? And this…I don’t only mean it for Sapphire.”

Rachel’s heart froze. He meant that for Rachel. He still wasn’t completely upset with her and didn’t hate her. Thank god.

“You should leave to sleep now, it’s time for her nap. I’ve already said my goodbyes….or my little speech to her. We should go now, I have something to tell you all.” Zayn informed her.

Rachel shook her head, realizing she was just standing there staring at him. How did he put this act on? Acting like he didn’t care? Like what was done yesterday didn’t affect him at all? Rachel spent her entire night and day thinking about breaking Zayn’s heart, yet he looked as if her decision didn’t faze him.

Rachel kissed Sapphire’s forehead and followed Zayn out of the room, keeping her gaze on Sapphire.

Breathing in his cologne, she walked behind him – not beside him because she had lost that privilege a long time ago.

 -------------------------------------------------------

“But Zayn you’re leaving already? You just got here?” Liam followed Zayn.

Zayn turned around and narrowed his eyes into a death laser. “I’m not only leaving this party, but I’m leaving here. This place… forever.”

The music faded to a halt and everyone stopped their conversations. They all heard what Zayn had just said to Liam. Liam’s eyes widened and his mind hesitated to find words.

“What?!” Rachel demanded letting go of Harry’s hand and running up to him.

Zayn’s eyebrows tensed and he had an angry look upon his face. “It was you wasn’t it Rachel, you’re the one who always told me, don’t ever let go of your dreams, right? You’ve always been stubborn on me wanting to move on with myself and use my talent somewhere. Well I took the record deal offer. I’m moving to Las Vegas to finally achieve my dreams. My train to Glasgow comes tomorrow and from there I’m taking a flight to Las Vegas.”

Those few words struck Rachel like a sword. She was happy for him, but she was also confused. How was he moving on so fast? Why did he make it seem like nothing ever happened? How could she handle Zayn moving away from her? Even though she would be in LA, which was far, at least she knew where she could go back to find him. Being all the way in Las Vegas, moving on, finding new people, meeting new people, it kind of just bothered her.

“That’s great news Zayn, I’m really proud of you!” Rachel managed to speak and a lump rose in her throat as she lied to him.

Niall jumped up and gave Zayn a tight hug. “Wow Zayn! Finally you’re doing it! We’re all proud of ye mate!”

 Louis, Liam, and Harry followed along patting him on the back proudly. “Well done mate. You’ll do great! We wish you all the best!” Harry told him.

The girls followed along attacking Zayn with hugs. But Rachel stood back. She was still shocked at the news. And it wasn’t like Zayn didn’t notice that. He pushed everyone away, and moved forwards towards Rachel.

“It pains you to hear it, doesn’t it? It’s kind of like how I felt when you told me you were moving on, leaving me, leaving Sapphire, with someone else, to another country. I just wanted to see you one last time, to let you know that what you’ve always wanted to happen, is happening. You’re with the guy you love, I’m still heartbroken, but I’m keeping my one last promise to you. I’m not giving up singing; I’m not sacrificing the last thing I love, because seeing as you don’t love me, there’s really no point anymore.” He looked at her with those intense, dark eyes.

But she did. She did love him. She just wanted to come out and say it. But she couldn’t because she had already chosen Harry.

Zayn just stared at her, but then moved away and looked at the rest of the gang. “I wanted to see you all because I know you’ll be seeing Rachel and Harry off tomorrow, so you won’t be able to say goodbye to me. But I want you to go there with them. You can’t be at two places at once.”

“So since I’m going to be there, I won’t have a chance to say goodbye to you all, but I’m really going to miss you so much. Meeting you all, and becoming friends with all of you was probably the best decision I have ever made in my life. Being my insecure self, faded away as I got to know the best people in my life. Thank you for showing me the ropes of life that I couldn’t see before. Each of you, in your own way have showed me so much I couldn’t see before about that world. I made friends, I fell in love, and I was just happy. Now that we’re all moving on, it’s time for me to move on as well. I’m going to miss you all, because I love each and every one of you. I’ve never made such a good group of guy friends who supported me through everything, and of course enjoyed singing as much as I did. And then you girls, who were always there to give the best advice. And then that one girl, who completely changed my life.” He turned around looking at Rachel, who was already crying.

“I fell in love many times throughout my time here with you guys, but I could only love that one person more than anything in this world. I spent my greatest moments with her that I will remember forever. Never will I ever forget anything. A child we share, the love we used to share, it’ll always be in my heart. And I will always love you Rachel, no matter how much I want to hate you.”

Rachel’s hands began to shake, holding back her anger, her pain, her sorrow; every emotion possible was going through her.

He turned back to face the rest of the gang. “I love you guys so much, and I’m going to miss you a whole damn lot.” Then even at that point, Zayn couldn’t hold his tears back. As everyone hugged him, he let his emotions show.

Harry stood awkwardly behind Louis, but Zayn noticed him and smiled. “You’re allowed to hug me too yano, before anything, you were always my friend and always will be. I want to leave on a good note.” He pulled Harry’s collar and hugged him tightly with the rest of the gang hugging him as well.

“Thanks Zayn, I’m going to miss you too man.” Harry whispered, unable to hold his tears back either.

Rachel took the courage to herself, and walked up. “Am… am I allowed to hug you Zayn?” She asked through her tears.

Zayn looked to his side, and saw her standing there, red with tears streaming down her face.

He didn’t say anything and pulled her into a tight hug, leaving no inches of space between their bodies. He didn’t rest his head on hers, but instead looked ahead, refusing to let go of the tears that were building in his eyes. He carefully embraced her, like a friend would.

Rachel dug her face into his shoulder, wanting him to say something.

Zayn pulled away and without looking at Rachel, immediately went in for a handshake with another person. Rachel stood and watched, sobbing, with her arms to her sides. The other people that were at the party just stood around like an audience, admiring such a strong friendship between so many people.

After five minutes, Zayn headed for the door.

“I won’t ever forget any of you, I promise. Goodbye everyone.” He announced, and turned, slowly walking out the door.

“Never say goodbye, because saying goodbye means the chances of you ever meeting again become less and less. Who knows, we may just meet again.” Rachel drew in her breath.

Zayn stopped in his spot, and smiled. It was what he just told her. He turned around, and winked. Then just with that, he took one step out the door, and he was gone.

 -------------------------------------------------

“Everything packed?” Rachel asked making sure as she ran around her house picking up stuff last minute.

“Yep, I think so! But you shouldn’t trust me…. I mean I forgot my passport last time we went to LA….” Harry looked at the ground embarrassed.

Rachel rolled her eyes and ran upstairs to check in case they had forgotten anything.

Everything was a rush. There was no time to rest at all. All night, there was only one thing stuck in Rachel’s mind, which was the fact that Zayn was leaving her. For good. There was no chance of them ever becoming friends again. Or seeing each other again. This was it. Zayn said there were no goodbyes, but who knew? Rachel was going all the way to LA, Zayn was going all the way to Las Vegas to pursue his dreams. There was no way that was possible. Her worst fear, her biggest nightmare had come true.

One of the boys she loved was leaving her, and there was nothing she could do about it.

Right after Zayn left the party, Harry and Rachel thanked Louis and Eleanor for the invitation and said goodbye to everyone before heading home. Thankfully Rachel had Harry by her side making sure she was okay.

Rachel and Harry had checked out of the hotel they were staying in earlier that day, and first arrived at Harry’s house so he could say goodbye to his family. They then made their way to Rachel’s house. Rachel’s mom and Ali were a big help in getting everything packed and into the car.

“Come on, Rachel! We don’t have time! Our flights going to leave soon!” Harry called to Rachel who was upstairs.

“Alright I’m….I’m coming!” She shouted back and then went back to looking at what was in her hand.

A photograph all of them took together in LA….when times weren’t so tough. When there was only a little bit of hatred, love, and friendship.

There was Nat, clinging to her closest friend Ash with annoyed facial expressions as she looked at Niall –  who was beaming brightly at the camera ahead. Even in a picture that looked like they hated each other, you could tell that was the kind of friendship that would end in love. Rachel’s eyes moved down the line, and she saw Maria, Lauren, Kate….and Stephanie. Lauren looked her pretty and cheerful self as always, and Maria and Kate were even smiling in the picture. You could never tell there were so many secrets behind them they were hiding, and how much they detested Rachel and the rest of the gang. Maybe not Kate, but Maria… for sure. But her heart hurt when she saw the picture of Stephanie. She was smiling, like there was no end to her life. Like she would be going back home with them, safe and healthy, worry free. She had no look of fear, depression, hate on her face at all. It was only happiness. Rachel wiped her nose with her hand and she moved down, looking at Zayn and Liam who were standing next to each other. They shared such a tight bond. Out of them all, she realized Zayn and Liam were the closest friends with each other. Zayn talked to Liam about everything and she knew that. Liam was one of the reasons why she became so close with Zayn as well. They had their arms around each others shoulders, and their tongues were sticking out, laughing at a cheesy joke Louis had just cracked. Rachel even remembered that. Right next to Liam, was Danielle, and then Eleanor, and then Louis. They all looked as happy as ever. To be with the boys they loved. Louis was tugging on Eleanor’s ear playfully and Eleanor rolled her eyes, still smiling and looking perfect. Right next to Louis, was of course his good lad Harry, and right next to Harry…was Rachel. Harry’s perfect curls looked like an even lighter shade of brown in the bright sun, identical to Rachel’s. They were both smiling and hugging each other tightly. This must have been before the breakup. Things were so simple back then, when Rachel declared she had only one love. And Zayn knew that, which kept him going on. It was her mistake for letting him know that she ever loved him. It only made him want to try harder and keep trying to win her. If only she kept it a secret and never told him her true feelings for him and kept it to herself, she wouldn’t have ruined his life like she did now.

Rachel gasped startled when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She quickly turned around and saw those deep green eyes staring at her.

Harry smirked and pecked her cheek with a kiss. “Make sure you don’t forget that. We need something to capture the memories for us in case we forget.” He whispered.

Rachel smiled and nodded looking down at the photo once more. “I just wish….I just wish sometimes we could go back and fix our mistakes. Knowing how bad things were now, I could undo so much right now to make so much better for all of us.”

“Everybody makes mistakes Rach, we’re all only human. You need to stop blaming yourself for everything. Look at everyone moving on with their lives.. even Zayn has. Your biggest fear was if he  didn’t move on and kept hurting in pain of losing you.”

Wrong. Her biggest fear was of losing him and that fear, had come true.

“But now he has the chance to fight for what he loves. He’s fought for you, and lost. But he’s not giving up on his second love, which is music. And I know him well enough to know he’s going to make this dream happen no matter what it takes. He’s going to meet other girls Rachel, it’s the truth you’re going to have to realize. You need to move your mind from the past. Your body is moving away, but you can’t keep your mind here in London. Start a new life. Do different things. It could be the start of something new. With me, and I will do anything to keep you happy. Just please Rachel, stop hurting yourself like this. I hate to see you in pain.” He bit his lip, his deep seductive voice meaning everything he said.

Rachel wiped her tears out of her eyes to fix her vision. “Yes, you’re right. I really need to move on. I’m happy with you Harry, and I love you. I’m going to make sure you know I’m not a disappointment. All this time you’ve fought for me, I can’t let you down now knowing that I’m yours.” She wrapped her arms around him and put her head on his chest.

“You’re never a disappointment to me Rach. To me. To anyone.” He whispered kissing her forehead.

There was a knock at the door, startling them.

“I’m…I’m sorry to interrupt but, Harry did say the flight leaves in an hour. It takes some time to get to the airport and who knows about traffic. I just came in to remind you.” Rachel’s mother informed them.

Rachel smiled and walked up to her mother. “Mum, I’m going to miss you.” Was all she could manage to say.

She saw the tears in her mother’s eyes. “Oh baby, I can’t even tell you how much I’m going to miss you. If I could hold you back I would, but I know that this is what you want to do. I can’t comprehend the fact that my baby girl is growing up.”

Rachel jumped on her mother hugging her tightly. This was the mum that had taught her everything, who was there for her with it all. To leave her, was the hardest thing.

“I love you mum, I’ll call you everyday, and I won’t forget. I promise.” Rachel held her hands into hers and looked into her mothers eyes.

Rachel saw Ali running in, and held her arms wide out. But instead of running into Rachel’s arms, she circled Rachel and ran right towards harry, jumping into his arms.

“HARRY!” Ali yelled hugging him tightly. Harry giggled, picking her up and holding her at his height. “Hey princess, now, promise me, you’re going to be a good girl aren’t you? You’re not gong to give mommy a hard time are you?” Harry asked her pouting his lips pretending to look angry.

Rachel’s mouth was wide open and she put her hand on her hips, turning around and looking at her mom. Wow, Ali was more attached to Harry than she was to her own sister. Harry had that effect on EVERYONE.

Ali shook her had. “What? Why?” Harry asked confused.

“Because, I’m only keeping you a promise if you keep me one.” Ali crossed her arms in front of her stubbornly.

“Oh and what is that?” Harry played along.

“If you and Rach stay here with me and mummy! Please Harry!”

Harry sighed. This was the hardest part. “Babe, you know we have to go. Your sister and I are going to find good jobs for ourselves, we’re going to have our own life together. But we promise to call, and we will visit often. How can your harry stay away from you for that long?” Harry poked her.

Ali pushed Harry, making sure he let her down. “No I’m mad at you Harry! First you don’t keep me a promise and then you lie to me too!”

Harry looked shocked. “What!? How did I lie to you Ali?”

Ali bit her lip and slowly turned around to face him. She shyly looked at the ground and spoke. “I….you said you were going to marry me.”

Rachel sighed relieved. She was scared it was something serious.

Harry smirked and pulled her close, and whispered into her ear. “That doesn’t mean I lied to you. Of course I’m marrying you, I’m just dating your sister for now. So I can use her to get to you. Just don’t tell her alright?”

Ali’s face brightened and she excitedly nodded. “It’s our little secret!” She whispered back into his ear.

“Atta girl!” He pulled her close and hugged her tight.

Rachel laughed watching from far. She had no idea what Harry had just told her, but the relationship between them was the most adorable thing ever.

“Okay kids, it’s time to get going now for sure!” Rachel’s mother reminded them.

They walked outside Rachel’s house, and walked towards Harry’s range rover. Harry finished loading everything into the trunk and opened the door for Rachel to get inside. They both waved to her mother and Ali standing at the doorway. Rachel sighed taking one last look around her neighbourhood.

So much had happened in this very neighbourhood. So many memories they shared. Since she was a child, since her teenage years, and now as she was growing up. They would all always be part of her.

“You ready Rach? Harry asked holding the door open for her.

Rachel winked and put one foot up to go into the car. “I’m ready for this. Ready as ever.”

 --------------------------------------------------------

**This is where you can play the song i told you to play and keep replaying it until i tell you to stop! :) Youtube this: Top Emotion Osts of All times: Affections touching across time (version 2) **

“Liam really apologized that he couldn’t make it, he wished for you both to have a safe flight and to enjoy yourselves out there. Trust me, he wanted to be here to say goodbye to you both more than anything, but I think he really needed to be there for his friend. Not one person went to say goodbye to Zayn, and since Liam was always his closest friend, he thought it would be the right thing for him to go.” Danielle assured Rachel and Harry while they were stood inside of the airport.

The both of them had already gotten their luggage sent out and were just waiting for it to be time where they would pass through security and head on over to their plane.

Rachel patted Danielle’s back. “Don’t worry about it Dan, it doesn’t matter. We know Liam wished us well and we love him more than anything. We know the friendship he shares with Zayn and who are we to stop him from saying goodbye to one of his best friends?” Danielle smiled and hugged Rachel.

“I can’t believe this is it.” Danielle whispered into Rachel’s ear, cuddling into her shoulder. “One of my closest friends is going away, leaving me behind. I don’t know when Liam and I will be arriving in LA, or if we’re going to go to LA at all, but to see you both leave, it just hurts.” Danielle pulled Harry close as well and hugged him tightly.

“It’s like I’ve watched you two grow together, watched your love form in front of my eyes. I’m going to miss ya.” Danielle finally pulled back and looked away before her tears made her mascara run.

“Danielle thank you for everything you’ve done for me, you’ve always been my girl, there for me through it all. I don’t know how I’m going to go on without you.” Rachel ran back into Danielle’s arm and hugged her once again. It was an emotional moment, where neither of the girls were able to let go. It was like someone was forcing their friendship to drift apart. Harry slowly pulled Rachel back - for her own good.

“Take good care of Liam, Danielle. We know he’s going to need it.” Harry winked teasing her.

Danielle laughed and stepped back. She had already taken too much time with her farewell.

Lauren sighed and stepped up. She seemed so quiet today and barley spoke at all. But finally, she was about to. She stood in front of Harry, and blinked her eyes multiple times, while Harry did the same thing back.

Rachel stood there clueless of what was going on, but she played along.

“So, my best friend is leaving huh? Who’s going to give me my support to tell me that my fairy-tale love story is going to come true?” Lauren pouted her lips like a baby and rocked side to side. Harry rolled his eyes.

“You have all these people to do it for you, because they all know, the whole world knows, a beautiful girl like you cannot go unnoticed. Your perfect guy is out there, maybe even closer than you think. He’s just waiting for the perfect moment to finally have you. Now come here you goof.” He rubbed the top of her head and hugged her, kissing her forehead.

Rachel giggled, waiting for her turn. Lauren pulled back and walked up to Rachel. “Rach, I’m sorry for any misunderstanding that I had ever created. Mine and Harry’s relationship is something not most people would understand. But it’s nothing more than just a friendship. All I have ever wanted was for Harry to finally get what he wanted, his true love. You know I admired the both of yours love story more than anything. It really is a fairy-tale that’s been brought to life. My well wishes are with you and good luck in your future together.”

Rachel got teary eyed and nodded her head pulling Lauren close. Rachel was never too fond of Lauren, but she knew Lauren was a good girl. There was nothing bad about her, which might have been why Rachel didn’t like her too much in the beginning.

Rachel walked around Lauren, and walked up to Niall and Nat.

“Sup loser? How glad are you that I’m finally leaving?” Rachel attempted to be all gangster and pushed Nat. Nat rolled her eyes and groaned. “Oh shut up,you suck ass for leaving. First Ash and now you Rach? There’s only so much Nat can handle.”

Rachel held Nat at arms length and looked into her eyes. “Oh I know you’ll be fine without me, you’ve got the perfect guy, the rest of our gang for you all the time. Don’t forget to visit now will ya?” Rachel pointed her finger at her face warning her.

Nat raised her eyebrow and crossed her arms. “Yeah whatever.” But even she couldn’t help revealing a smile.

“Oh now it’s my turn!” Harry came slowly walking towards her with his arms wide open.

“Oh no no, not Harry’s hugs, oh my god I can’t breathe when he does it. HELP!” Nat ran in the other direction while Harry chased her around, bumping through people.

Oh such kids…..

Rachel walked up to Niall and grinned.

“This is it huh? My best mate is leaving me?” Niall looked away, holding back his tear. All of this was turning out to be a giant sob-fest.

“Come on, I’ve heard that line about a million times today, think of something new.” Rachel teased giggling. Niall blushed and shoved his hands into his pockets.

“I just want you to know, Niall, that ever since I’ve known you, you’ve proved to me you’re a worthy guy, fit for a perfect girl. The way you treat girls is a way a girl could only imagine. Promise me you’ll keep Nat happy? Not matter what? That chick can’t be trusted on her own and you know that.” Rachel pleaded holding in her laughter.

Niall smiled and nodded. “Of course I will.”

Rachel felt the tear sear her cheek, this time she was crying hard. She wrapped her arms tightly around Niall and felt the moment rush to her heart. Then she remembered one thing, she couldn’t forget to say to Niall. Her lips moved towards his ear and she whispered; “Oh yeah, and one more thing. I’m glad you decided to stick to being friends.” Rachel slowly pulled back, and saw Niall’s eyes widened.

“You…you…you knew?” Niall stuttered, taken aback.

Rachel stood taller, nodded, and then winked. “I’m not as clueless as you might think Niall…or you could say Nat has a big mouth…” Rachel turned on her heel and winked at him before walking towards Eleanor.

Rachel heard Niall curse something under his breath, which made her smile.

But as she walked up to Eleanor, she realized Eleanor was already crying.

Rachel held Eleanor’s hands and comforted her. “Babe what’s wrong? Why are you already crying?”

Eleanor shook her head, sniffling and wiping her tears away. “I just…. I just can’t believe this is actually happening. I’ve grown so close to the both of you, and now you’re leaving. Knowing that we were so CLOSE that you trusted me to have your baby. I know Sapphire will grow up to be a wonderful, beautiful, and wise girl - just like her birth mother. I’ll make sure to have Sapphire see you as much as possible.”

There it was again. The bringing up of Sapphire. It pained her to even talk about her. “El, I trusted you for a reason. I know you can do this. Do not give up hope on me do you hear me? Sapphire is counting on you. No pressure or anything. I’m kidding, but you love her and I already see it. The way you two have grown so close to her, there’s no one else that could be better parents for her. Not even myself. I’m going to miss you so much.” Rachel hugged Eleanor, feeling Eleanor’s fast heartbeat against her chest.

“Take care Rach.” Eleanor whispered pulling back.

Rachel walked on, to finally say goodbye to the last person… Louis. But it looked like Harry had already beat her to it.

Harry and Louis just stood there, staring into each others eyes. Their words hinged and began rusting. They were frozen, and had that awkward tension between them.

“So…..I’m leaving.” Harry finally broke the silence.

Rachel stood behind him observing their awkward behaviour. Louis nodded his head. “Yeah Harry, I know that. I can tell.”

Harry sighed and faced the ground. Then when no one expected it, finally Harry let out his tears and began bawling his eyes out. “I’M GOING TO MISS YA MAN!” Harry attacked Louis with a tight hug.

Louis smiled relieved. “There, there, boy, let it all out.” He patted him on the back.

Harry finally released his tight grip on Louis.

“I promise we’ll come and visit. And Eleanor and I are going to be coming to LA soon anyways, there’s nothing to cry about?” Louis consoled Harry like a father to his child. Harry nodded his head and moved away, letting Rachel have her turn.

Rachel couldn’t control her laughter, but finally did when she saw Louis’ face. By far, this would probably be the second hardest goodbye, next to Zayn’s.

Louis put his hands up in the air. “So… wow. Look at us now. From childhood buddies, to playmates, to enemies, to you being my lift to school every day, to best friend, and to great friends. And now even we’re separating from each other. My closest friend. It seems like even the oldest and strongest friendships have to come to an end someday…” Louis bit his lip and shrugged his shoulders like it was no big deal. But Rachel could see it in his eyes he was disappointed. He was hurting just as much as she was.

She leaned in, and rested her forehead against Louis’. “I can’t thank you enough Rach, you’re more than my best friend, you’re like a sister to me. I swear, I think I’m the luckiest guy on earth to have been blessed with such a great friend like you. I can’t believe I once accused you of being the reason why Maria died and that whole history. You’ve been there for me from the start. I remember telling you when I was about to move away from you. When I heard the news I just wanted to bawl my eyes out knowing I would be nowhere near my best friends. Thank god I stayed back here. Now that you’ve done the most a friend could ever do you’ve crossed limits of kindness that no one could reach. You’ve sacrificed your child for me Rach, that’s something I can never repay you for. I’m always indebted to you and I will do whatever it takes to make Sapphire a happy child and make sure she never feels out of place, or heartbroken. Eleanor and I promise to you, we will not let you down. We will love her more than anything and make you proud.” He held her cheeks into his large hands.

Rachel wrinkled her nose feeling her tears dripping all over her face. “You don’t need to promise me that, because I know you will do it. I left Sapphire in the hands of people who could take better care of her than myself. I’m leaving with no worries because I know my baby girl will always be happy with the two of you. Just take care guys, and Louis?”

Louis looked straight in to her eyes with and pulled his head back. Then finally, she saw tears slowly streaming down his face. Even Louis couldn’t hide the pain right now. He really was heartbroken that his best friend was leaving.

“Don’t tease El too much, she already has a lot on her plate.” Rachel winked and stepped away.

Eleanor giggled through her tears and reached for Louis’ hand.

Rachel felt Harry wrap his arm around her waist. “Rach, babe it’s time to go through the security checkpoint.”

Rachel sighed, knowing the time had come. The both of them waved goodbye to their friends one last time and headed towards the line, heading on into the security checkpoint.

The gang had finally moved on, and they would all go their separate ways after this….

 --------------------------------------------------------

Rachel anxiously stood in line, tapping her foot waiting for time to pass quickly so she could just get onto the plane, sit down and relax. The day had been too long, and there had already been too many tears.

Just right then and there it’s like her whole life flashed before her eyes. EVERYTHING was changing; it already had started to change. Her and Harry were now going to be distant from the entire gang, hopefully Eleanor and Louis would decide to shift to LA, Danielle and Liam weren’t so sure yet, Nat and Niall were staying put, and Lauren was going back to California.

But the one person that she was hoping to see, just once today before she left for good, was Zayn’s.

But he was already on his own journey, to chase his dreams. The only thing he had left after her. After all, she was the one who ruined his life. What right did she have to stop him from going to chase his second love, his passion for music?

She just wanted to see him.

Rachel looked ahead watching as Harry struggled to check though the tickets, and passports making sure he handed the right ones to the security.

She wanted things to be right again. To go back to the way things were. To be able to be with Harry, but remain friends with Zayn. If she hadn’t told him her true feelings, maybe things would have turned out differently. But it was impossible to do that now.

Zayn’s train would be leaving soon anyways, there was no chance now. He wasn’t coming to say goodbye, her last goodbye was yesterday to him at the party.

Suddenly, Rachel felt a gust of wind out of nowhere come up behind me. She felt Goosebumps rise on her arms and her back freeze up. She turned around, and saw two men carrying in a large painting.

“It sucks she didn’t take this with her. The guy who loved her and made this portrait of her, worked so hard on it,” stated one of the men that were carrying it.

“Well you can’t blame her, there are some thing’s you can’t actually take on a plane.” The other man replied.

But the first man shook his head placing the painting down. “I don’t think it was about that, this issue was about love. I don’t think she loved him as much as he loved her. You could see it in his eyes that, that man loved that woman, but either that woman was too selfish to realize that, or there was something else stopping her from being with him.”

Rachel continued eavesdropping.

“And what was that?” The other man asked him.

“I think…I don’t really know, I haven’t been in love myself, but I know that the woman didn’t mean anything wrong. It looked like she was doing it as a sacrifice, to help him with something. Or either she was forced to do something else that was keeping her away from being with the man. I only know this because when she saw the painting, tears developed in her eyes. The pain that struck her, was something I can’t erase from my mind. When she turned around and stepped away boarding that plane, she was heartbroken. The man was heartbroken himself, possibly even more than her. But the pain the woman was going through was different. I kind of read it on her that she wanted to be with him more than anything, it’s just something might have come between them.” The man finally finished lifting the painting up again.

“Yeah, well who knows, it’s not our problem anyways. Let’s toss this painting out now, the man’s orders. I’m pretty sure he wants nothing to do with this anymore.”

“You’re right.” The other man nodded in agreement and the two carried the painting away.

Rachel’s eyes widened at what she had heard. The story was about two complete strangers…but why did it seem so familiar?

“Rach? You okay babe?” Harry asked resting his hand on her shoulder.

Rachel jumped, a little startled, and forced a smile. “Yes, of course.”

Harry smiled knowing she was okay, and then his face lit up. “Oh I almost forgot! While I was rummaging through my things earlier, I found this book in my carry on. I guess I got your things mixed up with mine, I didn’t look in it because I didn’t want to invade your privacy.” Harry handed her a large book…that looked very familiar.

Rachel’s mouth widened as she took the book from Harrys hands. This was Zayn’s sketchbook. All of the drawings he had made of Rachel, that he once showed her on the plane. There were even some songs he had written. Everything was in here.

Rachel pulled it close to her chest and pursed her lips.

Then, Rachel heard a familiar tune from her left side. She tossed her hair to one side and looked over. There was a young boy, probably about their age, with headphones popped into his ears, and bopping his head to music that was so loud, she could hear it from where she was stood. He sang along to the song as well, which was when Rachel realized she had heard the song somewhere before…

“So baby I will wait for you

Cause I don't know what else I can do

Don't tell me I ran out of time

If it takes the rest of my life….” The boy sang as best as he could.

Rachel cringed. That was the song Zayn and her had sang together back at Eleanor’s apartment after the big fight at the club…

Why was this happening to her? What was going on? Were these signs telling her something otherwise?

She looked over to her opposite side, and then saw a big poster with a title saying “The most lavish MASQURADE BALL!”

Masquerade… the first time Zayn and Rachel went out together. To the masquerade. Where they danced, kissed, fought. It was only the beginning of their journey.

And that’s when it struck Rachel. This was….this was all wrong. This was not the decision she wanted. She made the wrong choice, and now she was sure of it. When she made her decision with the photos back home… the photo that she picked, was a picture of Harry…but something in her felt a little disappointed. But the picture that came flying down at her from the wind, was the picture of Zayn. When she saw the picture, something lit up inside of her. But one thing held her back, and that was Harry. She still did love Harry and didn’t want to let him go. But she didn’t think it would be this hard letting Zayn go. Because truth was, she couldn’t. Zayn was the one she loved. More than anything. He was the perfect one for her. Maybe even too perfect? Well so be it, but he was the one she wanted to have.

It felt like what she was doing right now was just a sacrifice…just so Harry wouldn’t be stubborn and stay back home just because of Rachel and not go for the record deal. Was that the only reason why Rachel gave in and chose Harry? After all…she did say all this time, she went with her mind when she chose Harry…but she didn’t go with her heart. And her heart said Zayn…

What was happening to her? Rachel had no idea what to do now. It was too late to do anything at all. But Rachel looked up in front of her, and noticed Harry just staring at her, with a suspicious look…and that look slowly spread into a slow smile. What was he thinking?

He moved in closer and put his hands on Rachel’s waist. “Rach, after knowing you all these years, after being your boyfriend for a few months, on and off, do you really think you can hide from me when there’s something wrong? All along, I was right. Rachel, I don’t know if you’ve realized it or not yet, but yes it’s true. You have made the wrong decision. All along you really wanted to choose Zayn, but you just didn’t believe it for yourself. How could you love someone so much more that came in your life so later on, while you had this one love for your whole entire life? How was that possible? Truth is Rach, it is possible.”

Oh no, Harry knew it too…

“Zayn has this kind of magic in him…that magic is his way to love. His way of loving, is so special, no woman can ever deny it. Why do you think Stephanie fell head over heels for him? Why do you think Ash id? Why do you think YOU did? Rachel, I can’t believe I’m saying this…but Zayn deserves you more than me. He’s the right one for you. I never thought I’d see this day coming where I would be the one to convince you to go after him, after I’ve been wanting to have you all this time. He’s the one who saved you from dying many times. I was so pathetic, I couldn’t even do anything because my stupid memory failed me to remember hwo you were, so my heart didn’t tell me to go jump in and risk my life to get you. Because that Harry heart wasn’t the one that loved you. Zayn didn’t even think before jumping into the water, his biggest fear to save you. It was his strong love for you that told him to do it. He was always there for you when I let you down, he was there to catch you when you would fall when all I would do is constantly just let you fall without picking you back up on your feet. I wish I could do something to change the past, to erase that accident I had….but I cant. So the only thing I can do right now to make sure you’re happy, is to see you go with the guy you really love. The one that loves you more than life. Like your mom always said Rach, go for the one that loves you, not the one that you love.” Harry winked at her forcing on a brave smile, but Rachel could read the pain in him.

“ Harry I cannot believe this is really happening, I did not expect things to go this way at all. I really do love you I do, but I think it’s the fact that Zayn might just love me more, than the regular man should. That’s what keeps pulling me back. When he told me how much he sacrificed for me to gain me, it broke my heart to let him down. Because he really had done so much and all I gave him was pain. I just wanted him to move on without me, see how it could go. The history we have together Harry, I won’t ever be able to forget that. You will always be my first love, but you won’t be my only. When I chose you as my decision, I guess I just wanted everyone to be happy… except myself. But no one really is happy. Zayn is going through so much pain, I don’t feel right, and you’re here with me, watching me hurt like this and you know that something’s up. It makes you feel like you’ve done something wrong when you never have Harry. I love you, I really do…but I don’t think it’s enough. We both are the same in so many ways, making mistakes all the time, but who knows how horribly our mistakes in the future can end up? I don’t want to risk anything we have together.”

Before Harry replied back to her, he bit his lip, and grabbed onto Rachel’s shoulder and pulled her close. Hugging her tightly, as if he would never let go, like he didn’t want to, but he had no choice. He slowly pulled back and rested his nose against Rachel’s.

“I love you too Rachel, I won’t ever find someone like you, I know that. But I can move on, I can force myself into other things while I go over the grief of losing you. The different with Zayn, is that he can’t. He’ll torture himself with thoughts of you all the time, even when he’s with other girls. So go with him Rachel, just go. But before you go, I want to be able to do one last thing before I lost my chance once and for all.”

Rachel didn’t hold back, she knew what Harry was talking about. He leaned in quickly and kissed her passionately, running his hands up and down her back, making that kiss last. They both pulled back out of breath.

Harry grinned. “This was all I ever wanted for us to be together. But how can we be together when you’re not happy? I’m not going to stop you from going after your true love Rach, I want you to be happy. Go get your love before it’s too late.”

Rachel nodded her head understanding and hugged him again. “Thank you Harry, I Really am sorry, I wish you all te best in life and your singing career. You will get far, I just know it. But promise me you won’t give up on me? We will still stay friends and stay in contact right?”

At first, Harry had a serious look on his face that frightened Rachel badly. But then he slowly smiled. “Of course, I won’t do anything to forget you. Go chase him this time, like he’s been chasing you his entire life.”” He winked at her.

 Rachel nodded. She never knew this was going to happen at all, she imagined many things, many results, but just not this. It killed her to leave Harry like this, but how could she be with someone when every time she looked at him, she saw Zayn?

It was only right….

She slowly stepped back, releasing her hand from Harry’s grasp forever….and she turned her back on him, and walked off.

Harry Styles, the man of her dreams, was now no longer hers.

“Hurry up Rach! Those skinny legs of yours aren’t very fast! His train will be gone by the time you get there!” She heard Harry shout after her.

Rachel broke into a giggle. “Oh shut up, I’m not letting him go this time!” Rachel shouted back, and booked it out of the airport, running as fast as her legs could take her and catching a taxi.

“Hey hey hey, taxi over here!” She called raising her hands in the air, and jumping into the car.

She sat in the backseat, just waiting for what was to happen. Her fingers were crossed, she needed to make sure she got there in time. She wasn’t losing Zayn this time, nope not a chance.

 --------------------------------------------

“ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THIS MUCH TRAFFIC?! OF COURSE, IT’S JUST MY LUCK YOU KNOW.” Rachel shouted angrily forgetting she was on the phone at the same time.

“Wait so what?! You’re going after Zayn!? That’s why you rushed out of the airport? Oh my god, if only Liam would pick up his phone to see if Zayn left yet!” Danielle spoke through the phone.

“It’s alright, I’ll find out for myself. You guys don’t have to come. But I have to go Danielle, traffic is getting to my head and it’s not holding me back today.” Rachel pressed the end button on her phone and  tossed some money to the taxi driver.

“See ya!” She called bursting open the door and running out. There were cars so far out, and lines and lines of them. How far was she supposed to run?

Then she heard the sound of a loud motorbike coming her way. An idea popped into her head.

The bike squeezed it’s way in between the cars to get ahead, and Rachel ran right infront of it.

The man on the bike stopped it in time and lifted up the helmet mask. “What are you doing lady!? Are you crazy?!”

“Yes! Yes I am, crazy for love that is!” Rachel chanted dramatically. Well, she was taking drama…

“Excuse me?” The man asked confused.

“Please please take me to this address.” Rachel handed him a sheet of paper that had the train station Zayn was at written on it. He took and it and examined it, still very confused. “It’s the guy I love, I let him go when I really shouldn’t have, and now he’s leaving. But if I let him go, I just may never see  him again, so please please get me there in time! His train is  going to be leaving any minute now and I NEED to see him! Please! For the love of…LOVE!” Rachel pulled at his collar.

Well it’s not like the man could say no…

“Alright alright! For love if you must, hop on..”

Rachel cheered and kissed him on the cheek thanking him. She plopped down on the back, not being afraid anymore. Zayn was the reason for that as well, always taking her on his motor bike wherever they went.

“Hold on tight maam, if you want to see this guy in time, you’re in for a wild ride.” The man winked at her and warned her. Rachel didn’t really care, until the man started the bike and drove off in full speed. She felt her hair swoop all over her face and she held on tight.

 ------------------------------------------------------------

“This is it, oh my god we made it. And we didn’t get caught by the police, wow oh my god.” Rachel panted to herself terrified from that adventure.

The man looked behind her. “Well whattaya think? I’m a theif, a robber, I always get away with speeding. I know my ways.”

Rachel got a little frightened and quickly got off the bike. But after all, the man had helped her.

“Anyways, I’m off now, thank you so much for getting me here! It really means a lot…thank you… uh.. STEVE!” Rachel called running into the train station.

“But my names not steve!?” The man called out to her.

“Whatever, you look like a Steve!” Rachel shouted back faintly.

The man cursed under his breath. “How the hell did she know my real name? I’ve been hiding that name and staying undercover for years? Weird…”

And the strange man drove off, while Rachel ran on inside, chasing the love of her life.

[Rachel’s P.O.V.]

I was panting and completely out of breath, this brought back so many high school memories of when I failed gym every year. But this time I wasn’t going to stop. Just stopping could ruin the chances of me ever seeing Zayn again. All of those happenings at the airport, they were like signs telling me that Zayn was the one I should have chose. The portrait that man made for that lady, that little story, Harry handing me Zayn’s drawings at that exact moment. If only I had realized earlier, how could I be so blind?

I ran my way inside, not knowing where I was heading or which direction I was going. I was just going with my heart, and my mind guiding me to where he might just be. I looked at the signs indicating which train was to leave where, and it said that Zayn’s train left in….1 minute.

1 MINUTE!? I had no time to waste! I continued to run my way to where I was supposed to go in search of Zayn, brushing against the shoulders of random people and nearly knocking down a little girl’s bottle.

I finally reached the terminal I was supposed to go to, but there was no sign of Zayn. I took a deep breath and crossed my fingers in hopes that I hadn’t lost him. I turned around and my face landed in someone’s chest.

He held my shoulders tightly, keeping me from falling to the ground.

“Rach? What are you doing here?” He asked.

I looked up quickly to see who it was. My eyes widened. “Liam? Oh my gosh, where’s Zayn? Please Please tell me! Did he already leave were is he?” I demanded crying.

Liam shook his head quickly. “No he hasn’t yet! But he’s boarded the train and it should be leaving in like 30 seconds, but why?”

30 seconds. How was I supposed to do this. I ignored Liam and I would answer him later, there was no time for anything. I ran just a little more, taking every last bit of energy I had left.

Then I heard the train horn go off indicating they were about to leave. I finally turned the corner and saw the train in front of my eyes, and saw someone just walking inside the train.

I recognized who it was by the leather jacket he wore. He wore that all the time, because I had gifted it to him once.

He was obviously supposed to board the train earlier, but it was the typical, late as ever Zayn we were talking about.

“ZAYN! ZAYN COME BACK! PLEASE GET OFF OF THAT TRAIN!” I shouted as loudly as I could, my voice going raw and feet aching, but I ran chasing after the train.

He poked his head out unsure of who had called his name and looked shocked when he saw me. “Rach!? What are you doing here!? I told you I was going to Las Vegas!?”

“I KNOW BUT PLASE GET OFF, JUST LISTEN TO ME ZAYN!” I used every bit of strength left in my vocal cords.

The train sped up, making it impossible for me to catch up to him.

Zayn looked like he was about to jump off that train any second, but then he realized how fast the train was going. He shook his head. “I’m sorry Rach, I can’t! It’s too late for whatever it was you had to tell me, but I love you okay! Have a great life with Harry, and tell him I wished him good luck on everything!” Zayn beamed showing me his beautiful face one last time, and moved back inside the train.

“NO WAIT! YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND, ZAYN PLEASE!” But I stopped, I leaned down and rested my hands on my knees taking a break. That was it, I couldn’t go any farther. It was impossible for me to catch up to the train, and it was impossible for Zayn to get off. Mostly since he wasn’t aware of why I wanted him to get off. He still thought that I was with Harry.

I fell down to my knees, and just looked straight ahead, not moving, like a ghost. My hands were silent, throat was numb. I wanted to scream out and shout, but nothing would come out.

Was this how it was supposed to end? Where I never got both Zayn OR Harry?

I finally knew who I wanted to be with, Zayn…but it was as if fate and destiny were stopping me from being with him at all. My heart was aching and it felt like it was about to pop out of my chest.

Harry was in LA, to go out for his dreams. There was no way I was going back there, stopping him from moving on, distracting him from his other dreams he should be chasing instead of me. As for Zayn, he was gone. In Las Vegas. In an area, no one had any clue where. No one knew where he was staying, where he was going, where that record deal was located. He was gone and left thinking that I only came to say goodbye, not knowing that I was no longer with Harry, and that I came to call him back. To tell him I loved him more than anything in this universe, and probably just as much as he loved me. Which was a whole damn lot. But now, he wouldn’t know that. Everything was gone. I lost all my chances. All of those months I spent having the time to learn who I loved more, the decision I finally made, was all just a waste. I didn’t know time was so precious and my chances would be gone in a blink of an eye. This was it. This was how it was supposed to end.

Liam sat down beside me, and hugged me tightly. Finally realizing why I was here. I brought my knees to my head as I curled up on the dirty cement. “Why is this happening to me Liam? Why!? I loved him and now I’ve lost him for good!” I shouted pounding my fist at the ground. He held my fist, stopping me from hurting myself, and cuddled me. “It happens Rach, things like this happen life. Things we just don’t see coming, and we’re not ready for. Things we just weren’t expecting. Always expect the unexpected they say. Love really is complicated, but life is even more complicated than that.” He whispered into my ear.

My eyes widened. I had so much experience at this point, with love and it’s complications. I knew exactly how it was like to be in a position, for not being sure what to do when love gets complicated. But what do you do when life gets complicated?

END.

That was it guys.... that was the end! Wow, I cannot believe I actually just said that! 

Lt me just say this journey with writing this fanfic for you guys was simply amazing, writing WLGC was my most favorite story ever! The way you guys are so into it, every week being pumped up, all the tteam rarry and rayn fans being so into their teams, i loved it so much.

It sucks to see it all end..... So... I've ddecided something.

After many requests, I've decided... THE BIG SURPRISE WAS THAT THERE IS A SEQUEL!  Of course Icant leave you guys hanging like that pftshhh! ;)

The title of the new story to this fanfiction will be called "When life gets complicated"  and will be out January 4th! Mark it down, because the actual end of the entire thing....is something that will leave you all shocked. 

I have the entire story planned out and you're all in for a lot! Its for you  guys out there who have asked me so many times tot continue the story :') Hope you liked the news!! :D 

Until then, maybe check out my other fanfic "dont let me go" which i will be updating more now as well! :) 

Thank you guys so much for everything, nd please please go through the chapters, vote, and fan me please! IT REALLY HELPS FOR THE WATTY AWARDS! 

Thanks for taking the time out on your wonderful fridays to stay home and read a story, lmfao <3 

I love you guys so much and thank you <3 

- Rida xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.9K 1.9K 30
**THIS FIC WAS WRITTEN WHEN I WAS 16 AND IS KIND OF SORT OF OKAY** Harry and Liam are best friends and pretty popular at school, only for the fact th...
144K 2.8K 28
Lia, just your average teenager... she wishes. Her childhood best friend left her to become a singer through the X Factor; he is now in a famous boyb...
1.9K 70 12
Emma goes to Richmond High, she has no clue who One Direction is, nor does she care. So when she wins the school contest to take a trip to the UK wi...
242K 4.9K 30
Niall has had a tough life, after some family complications in freshman year - he had to leave his home in Mullingar Ireland to move to England. Luck...