Cliches | Yoonmin

By orangexmint

"This is so cliche," "Is it?" "You're my boss," "Is that wrong?" "I never said that," "I want you, Jimin," "I... More

Author's Note
character profiles
Clichรฉs
prologue
ooo
oo1
oo2
oo4
oo5
oo6
oo7
oo8
oo9 (m?)
o1o
breaking news
o11
o12
o13
o14
o15
o16
o17
o18
breaking news
o19
o2o
o21
o22 (m)
o23
o24
o25
o26
o27
o28 (m)
o29
o3o
o31
o32
o33
breaking news
breaking news
breaking news
o34
o35
o36
o37
o38
o39
breaking news
breaking news
breaking news
o4o
o41
o42
o43
o44
o45 (m)
breaking news
breaking news
breaking news
o46
o47
o48
o49
o50
breaking news
o51
o52
o53 (m)
breaking news
breaking news
o54
o55
o56
breaking news
Epilogue
Author's Note
bonus chapter - tangled...I see what you did there
bonus chapter - I do

oo3

3.5K 205 22
By orangexmint

Monday

_______

THE FIRST THING JIMIN DID ONCE KIMI LEFT HIM ALONE WAS WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING SHE HAD TOLD HIM TO DO. Then, he started sifting through the stack of blue folders, and turned one pile into four. Yellow dots in one, red in another and so on. He started with the list of rejected applicants, doing his best to cheer them up over the phone, and encouraging them to try again in hopes that they would get it on the next try. He could understand how they felt with rejection because he'd been there before and knew it hurt.He understood their frustration, but he assured them that with practice and persistence, they could make it, if not for this company, than for another, and that they should never give up their dreams. With every phone call, each rejectee promised that they would try again soon to make Jimin proud. It was an odd thing, promising something like that to a stranger, but for Jimin it made him feelgood inside.

When he was finished, he then moved onto the ones who had upcoming auditions to confirm their dates and to remind them of their times, before moving onto callbacks and ending with those who'd been accepted. It made Jimin feel somewhat special, that he got to be the ones to give these people the good new, because of how happy they sounded over the phone. The pure joy and excitement in their voices made every minute worthwhile for him.

Jimin glanced at the time on his phone. It was just a little past eleven o'clock at this point. He'd managed to get through every single applicant with very little issues, and was now onto the nest task: delivering. He once again divided his folders into two separate stacks. Stack on was for Hoseok, and stack two was for Namjoon. He placed an empty red folder in between the two so that he tell them apart, and then rose from his seat. He let out a groan of pain, feeling stiff from sitting in that chair all morning. Before exiting his work space, he pocketed the change that Kimi had left for him for Yoongi's coffee, and then left to find Sara.

Much like Kimi, Sara wasn't hard to find. Jimin found her typing away madly at a computer. She was a pretty girl with long black hair done up in a tight bun. She wore all grey,and had a sucker sticking out of her mouth when Jimin approached. Upon seeing him, she gave him a wide smile, and pulled the sucker out. "All done?" she asked, eyeing the stacks in his hands. Jimin gave her a nod, and mumbled a quiet, "yep," to her.

"Wow, you work fast. Much faster than the last guy. I'm guessing you wanna know where to find Mr. Jung and Mr. Kim?"

"I would love it if you could tell me,"

"I'll do you one better, I'll take you myself. Just let me send this email and we'll be off!"

Jimin liked Sara. He found her quite refreshing to be around, and at sometimes reminded him a lot of Rayne when they were younger. She was very energetic, and friendly. He liked her positive attitude and how she was always smiling at whomever passed her by. She introduced him to several people, as well as pointed out some key areas of the company building, and a few tips and tricks for navigating the place by himself.

She led him into an elevator which they rode up four floors up before getting out. "This is one of seven studio floors.What that means is that each level – the 13th to the 20th floor – are all eight studios in which auditions, callbacks,practices, etc are held. This is the fifteenth floor, which is where all the callbacks happen. Hoseok is in Studio #22. When you're done in there, you're going to go to back down to the 13th floor, and see Namjoon in studio #5. You can't miss it, it's on the right hand side, and you'll be able to hear the music. If there is music playing, just wait for it to stop before going in, okay?" Jimin nodded. "Well then I'll leave you too it, I'll see you around Jimin!"

"Thank you!" He called to her as she stepped into the elevator once more.

"You're welcome!"

Navigating the floor wasn't that hard, and Jimin found studio 22 with ease. He listened carefully, hoping to not interrupt anyone, and when he heard no music or sound from inside, he pulled the door open and poked his head inside. There was a small group of people standing in the far corner of the room. Mustering up the courage, Jimin stepped fully into the room, and cleared his throat. All heads turned in his direction, eyes narrowing. They were judging him too, much like Kimi had when he arrived this morning. Silently, he held up the folders. "I'm looking for Hoseok," he explained.

"JIMIN!"

The younger jumped, startled by the loud, booming voice that belong to the one and only Jung Hoseok. The man held his arms out wide, smiling at him. "It's so good to see you!" Hoseok said, giving him a hug.

"It's good to see you too," Jimin laughed.

"What are you doing here?" Hoseok questioned, pulling out of the hug."Not that I'm not happy to see you, I'm just surprised."

"I'm actually working," Jimin explained. He grabbed the top half of his stack, and handed it to Hoseok. "People with callbacks and those who have been accepted," Hoseok took the stack of Jimin, raising a brow.

"You said yes to Ray's offer then?"

"Yep," Jimin stated, sighing softly. "She just wants what's best for me, and I know that,"

"Well it'll be nice having you around. She says you're a natural at this sort of thing, and judging by the fact that you've gone through all of these before noon, I have to say I'm impressed. Have you seen Namjoon yet?"

"Nope, not yet. I'm about to though, and then I have to get coffee for Mr. Min," Jimin told him.

"Perfect, I have to speak to Joon myself, so I'll walk you there myself. Choi, Lee you guys have the floor right?"

"Of course Hoseok,"

"We can handle it!"

"Fantastic. Comeon Jimin,"

The two made their way to the elevator and rode in silence to the 13th floor. It was nice, being in Hoseok's company. He'd always liked him.

"I'm assuming you've got a lot of work to do, today?" Hoseok questioned when they reached their destination. Jimin nodded his head and gave him a look before jumping into an explanation of all the tasks he had to do for the day, and for the rest of the week. Hoseok shook his head with a smile and gave him a few pointers on howto survive the next few days.

He led him into a larger studio than the one that they had just been in, heading over to a man seated in a chair. He wore simple black jeans, and a long sleeve, white button up. He had blonde hair that was slicked back and shaved on both sides. His round glasses had slid down his noise. Jimin could help but find the man very attractive. He assumed that this was Namjoon. "Hey Joon," Hoseok said, as Jimin kept his distance. The man glanced up from his phone, and smiled. He's charming, Jimin noted to himself.

"Hoseok," Namjoon grinned, placing a hand on the Hoseok's shoulder.

"This is Jimin. He's Yoongi's new secretary." Hoseok said, introducing Jimin. He motioned for the younger to come closer. Jimin stepped forward, nervously, and stared up at Namjoon, who towered over him. He felt so tiny compared to the two of them.

"It's nice to meet you Jimin. We've heard a lot about you from Rayne."

"She talks about you guys a lot too. Hoseok the most, but that's to be expected. You're a lot taller than I thought you would be," Jimin prattled on, feeling the nerves get to him once more. Namjoon threw his head back with a laugh.

"Does she say I'm short?"

"No, she says you're clumsy, which made me picture someone smaller than you're size just stumbling about a room,"

The three of them laughed harder, with Namjoon shaking his head. "Well, yes I can be quiet clumsy, but for the most part I manage,"

Jimin gave him a smile before handing him the stack of files. "These are all the applicants with upcoming auditions." he explained.

"Thank you. I'll make sure that the new batch of applicants makes it to your desk before the end of the day."

"Thanks. I'm going to let you two finish your conversation, I have a coffee to buy and a schedule to make up. If you'll excuse me," Jimin said. He bowed once, and spun around on his heel, making his way back to the elevator to continue his work. Namjoon placed on hand on his hip and glanced over at Hoseok.

"He's good," Namjoon murmured. Hoseok's eyes went wide in agreement and he nodded.

"He's very good."

"I hope Yoongi doesn't kill him or something,"

"Me too. Jimin's such a sweet kid,"

"Let's hope he lasts,"

 Yoongi stumbled into his office with a sigh, and dropped his briefcase on the couch by the door. He made his way over to his desk, and sat down in his chair, slumping back into it in an unprofessional manner. This morning had been quite hectic for him. He paid very little attention to his surrounding as he opened up his laptop, and reached for the cup of coffee that was next to it.

He was halfway through the cup before he realized that his coffee was a large, black coffee from Mei's. The coffee wasn't the unusual part of that moment. It was the fact that someone other than Kimi had gotten it for him, because she had been in a meeting with him less than five minutes ago. Yoongi made a confused face and glanced down at the spot where his coffee had been resting. Underneath it was a folder file. He flipped over the cover of it, and noticed that inside was his monthly schedule. Yoongi set his coffee down and got up from his spot. Stepping out of his office, Yoongi stopped the first employee he saw. "Was there anyone in my office this morning?" he asked.

"Yeah, actually. You're new secretary was in there maybe ten minutes before you arrived. He brought your coffee and left it in there before leaving,"

"T-Thank you," Yoongi mumbled, and ushered the employee away. He remained standing outside his office for several long minutes. He scratched the back of his head, making a face.Turning around, he reentered his office and shut the door, eyeing the cup of coffee with narrowed eyes. He didn't know why it bothered him so much, but it did. Maybe it was the stress or the fact that this was the first time he didn't have to yell at someone for fucking up his coffee order. But whatever it was, it made him feel strange, and Yoongi wasn't used to feeling strange. It was if his routine had been disrupted by someone who could actually do their job, and that should be a good thing. It meant that he had a competent secretary for once.The real question however, was how long that would last.

I made a promise to update more, and I'm going to try my hardest to stick to it :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

318 14 21
"do we know each other??" "no" "good now mind your own business and let me mind mine!"
727 15 14
"hello, welcome to mcdonalds, how can I help you? in which the drive thru voice was a bit too attractive for jeon jungkook.
56.1K 3K 38
"tae I'm your wife" "no you're not I hate you and will never accept you as my wife"