Dricki: What's Stopping Us

By kliopatra

ADVISORY *This story is an adopted romantic fanfiction based on free and spontaneous creativity without any c... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19: Happy Valentine's day
Chapter 20: It was a mistake
Chapter 21: Trinidad, here I come
Chapter 22: We don't need you
Chapter 23: So... Labelmate
Chapter 24: That's my man
Chapter 25: He knows
Chapter 26: The fuck is going on here
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue
A. N.

Chapter 8

1.6K 64 4
By kliopatra

It was Saturday morning and Nicki was sleeping .by her phone buzzing. It was text from Drake.

Drake:
Good morning beautiful. Be ready at 5. And dress causal

Nicki:
Good morning ☺️. What for?

Drake:
Our date, remember? 😉

She smiled and checked the time. Then she replied.

Nicki:
Oh, right. Where are we going?

Drake:
That's for me to know and you to find out

Nicki:
You took me seriously when I said surprise me 🙊

Drake:
Indeed I did

Nicki:
I'll just start getting ready for the day

Drake:
Yeah, me too. Laters baby

She put her phone down and went to start her morning routine. Threw on some random combination of clothes and went down to have breakfast. She ended up serving herself a bowl of cereal and a glass of orange juice. Her mother was having a cup of coffee and was dressing in her working clothes.

"What are you going to do today?" Carol asked.

"I'm going out later."

"Can you take Micaiah to park? I have to go to work in a few."

"Sure. Where is he?"

"In the living room, watching TV." Nicki grabbed her bowl and went to next to him. She watched The Fairy OddParents with him until she was done.

"Caiah, are you ready to go to the park with me?"

"Yes!"

"Okay, sissy is just to change shoes." She went to room and changed her flip flops to some flats. When she returned, Carol was saying goodbye to Caiah.

"Bye, Nicki. I'll be back around at 3. I made spaghetti and ground meat for lunch in case you get hungry."

"Thank you. See you later mom."

"See you. Be safe."

"Will do." She left. Nicki made sure everything was in order around the house and if Micaiah ready.

"Alright let's go."

"Nicki, can we have ice cream there?"

"Of course baby."

They went to nearest park from their house and staying the rest of the morning there. Micaiah had so much fun, they played tag, swung, and got in the jumping house, since she was short, she didn't have a problem with it. He just loved his sister even more for that. Not many seventeen-year old teens would do all that stuff if you.

She bought him ice cream like she promised. Both had chocolate flavoured ones. He even wanted a second one but Nicki didn't get him because he would get sick. After, they went back home, had lunch and took an afternoon nap.

***

Drake stood at Nicki's front a little bit nervous. She was his friend, but this was a date. Everything had to be perfect. He rang the doorbell and her father answered.

"Hello Aubrey."

"Hello Mr. Robert."

"Here to see Nicki, I assume?"

"Yes sir. Can you call her, please?"

"Yes, wait here." He do speared into the house and Drake could hear him yell "Nika! Aubrey's here!" out for her. A minute or so later,Nicki came downstairs in a perfect bun, some black skinny jeans and a navy blue chambray shirt with not so long sleeves.

"Hi Aubs."

"Hey Nicki. Ready to go?"

"Yeah, hold on." She turned around and told her parents. "Mom, dad, I'm going out. I'll back around..." She turned to Drake for an answer.

"Around 8."

"... Around 8."

"Alright honey, have fun." Her father said.

"Thanks." She closed the door and walked besides Drake back to his house.

"You look pretty."

"Thank you. You look handsome."

"I try." He looked down at her feet. "You just can't let go of your Converse, can you?"

"Hey, don't judge, I love my Chucks." Drake just chuckled. Before he got himself into the car, he opened the door for Nicki to let her into. The ride was filled up with conversation and radio was on with a minimum of volume. About 30 minutes later, the pulled up at Lucky Strike. "And you were expecting me to wear flats..." He got out of the car, went around and opened the door for her. They entered the building.

They went to the cashier, signed their names, when their names were called, they got the shoes and started. First was Nicki, she threw the ball but it fell to the side, thus, hitting no pin. She covered her eyes in embarrassment, yet she was a laughing.

"Ooh, that was a good shot." She said.

"Have you ever played bowling?"

"To be honest, never before."

"Don't worry, I'll teach you." He grabbed a ball and himself behind her. He tried to put her in a proper position to throw the ball. For a second it got awkward because he got caught up sniffing her neck, which smelled good to him. She felt her body tensing up, but once she relaxed her muscles and threw it.

"Yes! I have a strike!"

"Good job."

"I wanna do it again." And so, they continued bowling. By the time each did a game, Drake had a final score of 158 and Nicki 167. They turned in the shoes and got their own back. Then, they made their way to the at.

"For a person who I just taught how to bowl, you did pretty well."

"Why thank you." She did her British accent.

"You're lucky I crossed the line."

"Yeah, by one point. Nobody told you to put your feet there." She laughed mad hard, it wasn't even funny anymore.

"You up for some pizza?"

"Yeah. But which one?"

They looked at each other and said "John's!" Posting at each other. Since they agreed, Drake started the car John's of Times Square. They bought a John's Traditional with extra cheese, mushrooms and ham as toppings and sat in the car to eat, telling jokes, stories, laughing and all. After, they went to the park for a walk.

It was all fun, until he had to get her home. He parked his car at his house and balked her up to her front porch.

"I had fun tonight." She said.

"Yeah, me too. We should do this more often."

"Definitely." They stared At each other as if they were talking, yet no words were said. They snapped out of when when the door opened.

"Oh, I thought I had heard voices."

"Good evening, Mr. Robert."

"Good evening Aubrey. Thank you for bringing Nika home."

"It's no problem."

"See you at school Aubs." Nicki said hugging him.

"See ya." He walked away and Nicki went inside. Her mother joined them I the living room soon after.

"So, how was your date?"

"It was pretty fun." She smiled showing off her dimple.

"Aww. Look at my baby girl, she has a crush."

"No..." She tried to hide her excitement.

"Yes... You're even blushing mad hard."

"On my gosh..." She looked herself at the mirror. "Is it that obvious?"

"Yes. But it's cute."

"Yeah. In a couple of years. You're both going to be a happy couple like me and your mom." Her dad said hugging Carol from behind and kissing her cheek.

"Yeah... I hope so." Nicki whispered. Then she went to her room where she texted with Drake back and forth the night away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118K 3.8K 11
Retiring from the NFL was the right decision, and at thirty years old, I've done things most people could only dream of. After all I've accomplished...
1.4K 62 11
danny needs help with math, so she gets a tutor to help her. but what happens when she has a secret that could ruin everything she has created.
18.3K 471 30
❝And every time we touch, I feel like flying.❞ •─────────✦❀✦─────────• Sure, they're friends alright. And sometimes, romance sparks where there is fr...
33.3K 1.3K 37
Onika is searching for love amd seems to be in a jam. She runs into old flames and all hell breaks loose. Will she find the one? Will everything blow...