The Gilbert Twins (Kol Mikael...

By TheKailaMR

I'm Jordan Gilbert, twin sister of Jeremy and younger sister to Elena. Growing up in Mystic Falls has never b... More

Characters
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty PartB
Chapter Fifty-One
SECOND CHANCE

Chapter Thirty-Seven

10.4K 235 27
By TheKailaMR

Elijah had picked me up in a black SUV, I watched as he drove with grace and scowled. How did one make every little thing look so graceful?

I noticed we were coming up to the bridge and my heart started to beat faster. I panicked and reached out, grabbing a hold of Elijah's arm. He pried my hand off his bicep and laced our fingers together.

"Are you ok?" he asked.

I shook my head, tears welling in my eyes. this bridge was bad luck for my family. My parents had died here. Elena had died here, even though she was now a vampire. I was terrified by this bridge. We droved over the bridge and I finally let out the breath I had been holding.

"Jordan?" Elijah's voice was gentle, and I turned to him, smiling weakly.

"Just, don't like that bridge." I answered with.

He nodded in understanding. He must have heard the stories by now. I let go of his hand when I felt myself siphoning him.

"I was curious what it felt like." He mused.

"And?" I asked.

"Not as unpleasant as I imagined. Though, Damon seems to disagree."

"Well it serves him right." I folded my arms and nodded. Damon usually asks for it, trying to attack Jeremy and right in front of me.

"Though Kol has stated that it feels rather pleasant."

"Does he?" I asked a little confused.

"Yes."

I nodded. I bit my lip with the thoughts of Kol starting to circle through my head. Was I going to be dead soon? Was Klaus, right? Was it Kol that murdered all those people? If so, why did he do it? I sighed, my brain was working overtime, trying to piece the puzzle together.

"May I inquire what happened between you and my brother?" Elijah asked. the words were out my mouth before I could stop them.

"Which one?" I snorted.

"Kol, though I may inquire about Klaus."

I fidgeted with my fingers, trying to figure out how to word this. I could tell Elijah, he could tell Kol who would tell Klaus, who would then come and snap my neck. every option I had, it always came down to my neck being snapped or my body being drained of blood. Neither option sounded good to me. I still had so much I wanted to do. I wanted to see the world.

"I haven't spoken to Kol really and Klaus, well Klaus is Klaus." I shrugged my shoulders.

"I see." Elijah murmured.

Did he know? Had he figured it out?

"Did Kol..." I trailed off, not wanting to finish that sentence. Elijah sighed.

"He lashed out because he was hurt and angry."

I felt a tear fall down my cheek. it was my fault that those people were dead. I had let Klaus scare me; I could have stopped it. it could have just been my death and not all theirs.

"Jordan, I must ask you a favour." Elijah suddenly said. I turned, feeling like I knew where this was going already.

"Ok." I nodded, ready for him to ask the favour.

"I need you to speak with Kol. Calm him down."

"What if he kills me?" I asked, fear in my voice.

"I doubt Kol would hurt you." Elijah assured me. the doubt was what had me frowning. It still meant there was a chance of me being hurt. We pulled up at their mansion, I felt like the world rested on my shoulders as I jumped out the car. I fidgeted with my hand the entire time we walked up the stairs. Elijah escorted me through the house, up the stairs and to Kol's room. He knocked before opening the door. My eyes widened when seeing Kol feeding on that blonde's neck from the other day. I took a step back as his eyes flicked up, landing on me. he dropped her, wiping his mouth on the back of his sleeve. Blood smeared the front of his jumper and I could feel fear crawling down my spine. 

I had sat on the couch downstairs as Elijah had gotten rid of the body. Kol sat across from me, his eyes on the ground. I glanced around the room, trying to figure out what to say. I fidgeted with my hands, feeling the fire inside roaring to a painful point. I looked down to my bare wrist. I had left the bracelet at home, not wanting to lose it. that was a mistake. I scratched at my arms, trying to sooth the pain in them.

"You're in pain." Kol finally broke the silence.

"It's getting there." I nodded. He stood up, walking closer to me, before sitting down on the edge of the table, his legs were trapping mine. panic arose in me and my breath hitched, and eyes widened. Before I could think about my death speech, he held out his hand to me.

"Here." He offered. I shook my head quickly.

"I'm ok." I nodded. He scowled before snatching my hand and joined our hands. His fingers lacing through mine and I felt the fire smothering itself out. My eyes darted to the red glow that seemed more orange then red. I tilted my head before lifting our hands closer to inspect it.

"It's orange." I said a little confused.

"Yes, darling. That would be the colour."

"No, I mean, it's only orange with Jeremy." I looked up at him, forgetting why I was scared of him.

"I see." Kol said. My eyes were still narrowed with confusion as his eyes looked down at our hands. He sighed. I blinked at him. his eyes flicked back up to mine and I could see the warm flecks of brown through them.

"The other night..." he started.

I could feel my heart hammering inside my chest, I went to break the contact of our hands but his hand tightened. Not enough to hurt but enough that warned me that I would break something if I kept going.

"Please..." I whispered, trying to pull my hand out. He let go and I clutched it to my chest, sinking back into the couch, away from him.

"Why did you stand me up?" his tone calm but there was something that screamed at me that he was angry, very angry. I bit my lip, looking down. How was I meant to tell him? 'Oh yeah, bumped into Klaus who told me I was going to be dead soon enough.'

"Jordan." His tone held warning and I flinched from it.

"I can't say." I answered lamely.

Kol stood up suddenly, anger on his face, he flipped the table over, it crashing into the couch he had been sitting on before. I screamed, getting to my feet and running to the door. Kol's hands were on either side of my head, keeping the door from opening. I started to cry.

"Please don't kill me." I sunk down; my legs couldn't support me anymore. I had no idea how long I had cried on the floor, but when I managed to pull myself together, I looked up, tears were streaming down my face. Kol just stood above me watching.

My bottom lip wobbled as Kol lowered himself, his face coming closer to mine.

"What gives you that impression?" he asked.

"You killed all those people." I hiccupped, then took a massive breath. I watched as his eyes lit with realization and possibly, guilt? I couldn't be sure, I didn't know Kol that well.

"I was angry." He said, he sat down so we were both on the ground.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I like you Jordan. I believe I had told you this a few times now, darling."

I remained silent for a few seconds.

"It's my fault they are dead." My voice broke.

Kol's hand cupped my chin, tilting it up so he could look into my eyes.

"It's my fault. Not yours." He said softly.

"It is my fault. I was scared. Klaus had come seen me telling me how weak I am and how I'm going to be dead within a month because you will bore of me. He said you would never settle for someone like me." I rambled, feeling like everything was coming out. My gates were open, and words were flooding out. I slapped a hand across my mouth, eyes wide. I saw Kol's eye twitch.

"Nik said that?"

I looked away, I had just blurted out and it meant I was going to be dead soon enough. Kol moved slightly and I pretty much threw myself at him.

"Please....I don't want Klaus to kill me."

"Nik won't be killing you, darling." Kol laughed.

I blinked, I had my arms wrapped around his neck and he smiled at me. I pulled away quickly. Kol sighed.

"Jordan, what else did Nik say about me?" Kol asked.

"That you are a homicidal maniac."

"Ah, yes. I believe I was. I didn't have someone worth changing for."

His tone softened at the end. His hand brushed the hair from my face, tucking it behind my ear. I didn't move, just kind of sat there frozen as his thumb brushed over my lips.

I broke the eye contact and looked down.

"I need to go home." I mumbled.

"I know." Kol answered with. He stood up, helping me to my feet. I turned to him as I was about to walk out.

"Please don't kill anyone else."

"I will try." He promised.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

213K 4.5K 52
With her twin brother Stefan, Bela returns to Mystic Falls wanting to start a new normal human life, but being a vampire nothing isn't normal. [Discl...
679K 13.2K 49
Mariana Gilbert is the older twin sister of Elena by 5 minutes . For years, they lived a pretty ordinary life... Until they start a fresh, new school...
40.9K 1.2K 68
Elena's twenty-one year old aunt moves to Mystic Falls after the death of her brother; she live Seth Elena, Elena's brother, and Elena's other aunt...
978K 18.1K 25
In a small town called mystic falls Nina Gilbert , her twin brother Jeremy and her older sister Elena are grieving over the loss of their parents. No...