Blood on Their Wings

By SianaghGallagher

(BOOK 3 - The Golden Prodigies Series) Sequel for 'A Mouth Full of Blood' and 'You Have Wings?' When two cou... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53

Chapter 23

11.5K 793 630
By SianaghGallagher

"You can't be, that's not right," Zachariah said as he looked the woman up and down.

She chuckled, but it was empty and maybe a little creepy.

"Why are you so shocked? Do you really think that all angels are born with beautiful personality's and hearts full of gold?" She asked sarcastically.

"Clearly not" Vinny grumbled. He was fed up and wanted to go home.

"Ah the vampire," She said. "You must feel special, being the only one to ever enter this world."

Vinny glared at her which did alter her smile, but she was stronger than him and more confident.

"Why?" Jed then asked. "Why are you taking their side?"

"Because Jeduthun, I too want the power that comes with the boys. And trust me when I say this, I will get it."

Her smug behaviour was really starting to annoy Vinny.

"You" Panuleon growled as he saw the female demon who hurt Corey, lingering to the side.

He stepped forwards but the other demons stood up straight in a defensive manner.

Zachariah took hold of Panuleon's shoulder, knowing he would start the fighting all over again if he pounced on her.

"Myagh, get over here" The angel snapped.

The female demon slowly stepped out of the shadows and stood next to the angel.

Vinny couldn't help but flash his fangs at her, he was so angry.

Myagh looked around and knew she would get killed among all these angels but the Vampire scared her the most.

Corey double took at Vinny's red eyes and fangs. It didn't scare him but he was fascinated and knew when this was over, he would ask so many questions.

"My assistant here did a great job, don't you think?" The angel asked.

Myagh stared at Corey, knowing she was making him nervous.

If it wasn't for Zachariah, Panuleon would've killed her already.

"You're delusional," Zachariah said. "You'll get nothing from these boys. You think you can win a war? Your greed will get the better of you."

"We'll see" She smiled and pushed Myagh closer.

The demon immediately backed away, fearing Panuleon or Vinny would grab her.

"Stop being so pathetic," The angel said while rolling her eyes. "You were quick to hurt them when they were chained up to the wall."

Myagh cursed under her breath but stayed where she was.

"So" The angel continued. "Are we here to fight? I know I am."

Jed tensed, fearing the worst. As awful as it was, they had to kill one of their own and they had to do it fast.

She needed to be stopped first if they had any chance at winning.

"I doubt you'll surrender," Zachariah said. He could feel the tension quickly building in the room.

"Only if you give me the boys" She smirked.

Oliver felt angry, but he could also feel himself becoming more stressed. He hated that he couldn't cope well with challenging situations.

"You have a chance to end all of this," Jed said. "You're outnumbered."

"Yes, but I'll get what I want."

The angels found it weird that they were going to fight one of their own, but they had to.

All this time, Panuleon was still frowning at Myagh.

But she was still glaring at Corey. She knew if she was going to die, she was going to hurt that human, one last time.

The angel then uncrossed her arms and glanced at the demons. They saw that as some sort of signal and took a step forward.

Panuleon had enough and pulled away from Zachariah's grip.

he lunged towards the demon.

This set off an alarm through everyone's heads as the other demons grabbed him.

The angels then ran to his aid.

The war had now begun.

Only Vinny, Oliver, and Jed were standing back and watching the chaos unfold right in front of their eyes.

Jed didn't want to leave Oliver's side, but Panuleon was pulled from Myagh and she ran towards Corey.

"Vinny," Jed said, knowing that he needed to help.

Corey gasped as he got knocked to the ground with a lot of force.

The woman grabbed his neck and instantly cut off his air supply.

He gasped for air but nothing entered his lungs. He tried squirming but he was too weak against her strengths.

But suddenly, Vinny jumped on her and dug his fangs deeply into her neck. She cried in pain and let go of the human.

She fell to the side as Vinny pulled his head up and pinned her face to the ground.

"Take revenge," He said as Corey quickly scrambled to his feet.

He looked at the demon who had tortured him and saw nothing but anger.

Panuleon turned around just as his soulmate kicked her hard in the face, not holding anything back.

He knew this was a wrong moment to feel proud but he couldn't help himself.

The demon groaned and fell limp as Panuleon ran over.

Vinny climbed off of her and let the angel do the rest.

He didn't hesitate to snap her neck as Corey dodged out of the way from another demon.

Oliver was panicked and watching with worried eyes.

He didn't know what to do or if he should help. He was scared and worried that he'd mess everything up and get hurt.

But Vinny quickly returned to his side.

He could feel his emotions and didn't want him to feel that way.

"I don't want you to fight. It's too dangerous. Panuleon and Corey have experience with this, you don't" He said as Jed protected them from a big demon.

He kicked him to the ground and killed him, right in front of the boys.

Oliver turned and took deep breaths.

There were too many deaths, too much violence and too much for his mind to handle.

Vinny feared that he would have a panic attack, but who could blame him. He's exposed to too much.

Jed did everything he could to stop the demons from getting to them, he knew Oliver wasn't in the right frame of mind.

Panuleon and Corey were working as a great team. Now that they had killed that demon, they felt the confidence to keep going.

The demon leader was standing back.

She felt confident at first, but her demon pets were quickly getting thrown to the ground.

She had to join in otherwise she would quickly lose.

"I'm sorry" Oliver breathed. He felt pathetic that he was getting into this state but he couldn't stop it.

"Don't apologise," Vinny said as he wrapped his arms around him but kept looked around, watching for any danger. "You need to stay strong, it's too dangerous for you to panic here."

"I know, I-I'm trying."

Vinny wanted to sweep Oliver up and take him far away. He wanted to hug him and kiss him until he felt better, but there was nothing he could do and it was killing him.

Instead of fighting her fellow angels, she walked casually through the chaos and towards the boys. The other angels were too busy getting attacked by the demons.

Corey was suddenly picked up and thrown across the room. He landed heavily on his back, knocking all the air out if him.

Panuleon cried in pain when he was further than their limit, but he pressed on and ran towards his soulmate.

The angels were worried about their babies, which had left the boys minds for now.

Corey curled up into a ball as he focused on getting all the air back into his lungs.

Zachariah was quick to lean over him, protecting him from harm.

"You need to get up," He said as he tugged on his arm.

Panuleon got hit in the face by a demon but it felt like nothing compared to what he did back.

Oliver turned to see the chaos. His mind was beginning to scramble and he was finding it hard to breathe.

"You can do this Oliver" Vinny whispered. He knew he should help but he'd rather stay with his soulmate.

"I want to go home," Oliver said as his bottom lip began to tremble.

Vinny's heart broke as he rubbed his back and kissed his forehead.

"Me too, and we will. But for now, you have to be strong okay" He knew Oliver was going to break down. He was surprised he lasted this long without one. "I love you so much."

Oliver tried swallowing the lump in his throat but he was just so overcome with everything that had gone on, he couldn't stop it. He had lost control.

Suddenly, when Oliver could feel the tears approaching, a demon charged in-between them and pushed Vinny hard into the wall.

Oliver gasped and tried running to his side but the demon shoved him away and grabbed his throat.

Vinny hit his head hard on a corner and dizziness took over as a demon jumped on him.

Jed was tackling another group of demons, so was Panuleon and Corey.

Fear washed over Oliver as Vinny tried pushing the demon away, but he was bleeding from the back of his head and found it incredibly hard to concentrate.

"Vinny" Oliver gasped, but it was barely audible.

Jed had noticed they were in trouble but couldn't get to them straight away.

Other angels were trying to get to them but the demons were doing everything in their power to hold them back.

The demon leader was still making her way towards Oliver and Vinny, she looked smug and knew if she got hold of them, she could take them with ease.

Oliver's mind was in the wrong place. Everyone he cared for was getting hurt and there was nothing he could do. He was struggling to breathe and struggling to think. He felt helpless as he watched Vinny get hit in the face.

The vampire groaned and curled up into a ball. His mind was aware that Oliver was in trouble but he was on the verge of passing out.

When the demon gripped his throat tighter and waited for the angel to come over, Oliver was starting to get angry.

His eyes darted around the room as Jed kept getting jumped on by demons and Corey's size was used against him. Panuleon was constantly pulled away from his soulmate as the angels were struggling to hold back so many demons.

He feared the worst when the demon leader came into view.

He then saw Vinny get kicked in the stomach and he was pulled to his breaking point.

His soulmate was badly injured and it was up to him now to look after him.

His mind snapped and it felt like he had a personality switch. All he felt was anger as he didn't think twice about headbutting the demon.

Their heads clashed, creating the demon to let go. Oliver stumbled back but that didn't stop him from hitting the demon in the face.

Obviously, he was a lot weaker than the demon, but he didn't care and kept hitting him until he fell to his knees.

The demon leader was a little taken back by his bravery but she was close and knew he wouldn't be able to hurt her.

As Vinny found himself getting weaker, Oliver found himself getting stronger as he kicked the guy in the chest and felt his ribs crack.

He then punched him one last time in the face and it knocked him unconscious.

His knuckles were sore and bleeding but he somehow felt like Vinny's strengths were passing into his body.

Vinny watched with hope but the demon stamped on his head and knocked him out.

Oliver felt it and turned with a gasp.

His soulmate was unconscious and he needed to get to his aid. He needed to help him.

But just as he stepped in his direction the demon leader grabbed his arms tight.

The whole room seemed to stop and stare in his direction.

Everything for Oliver went in slow motion as he turned and made eye contact with the angel.

Jed shoved the last demon away and started running in his direction, but for him, even that looked like slow motion.

As the angel looked deep into Corey's eyes, she suddenly gasped and widened her own.

Oliver felt it in his bones. It was something he could not control but something he wanted to unleash.

The angel began to fear what might happen next.

What she saw when she looked at Oliver was the power.

His eyes, swirling among the green, was pure gold.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 15.4K 50
Attention: NOT FOR GRAMMAR FREAKS, I REPEAT, NOT FOR GRAMMAR FREAKS or people who likes to correct mistakes. Sorry but it just ruins my fun to write...
4.1K 186 16
(Book 3) Angel Williams grew up with a sheltered life, unable to experience what most children do because of his overprotective parents. He's not sur...
2.1M 128K 66
COMPLETED (BOOK 7 - The final book in the Golden Prodigies Series) The sequel to Lunar Whispers and Souls for Satan!
47.6K 1.8K 22
{Edited 6\1\23} Dawn Jones never thought she'd meet her mate, and she never in her wildest dreams expected it to be her. Luna Williams always dreamed...