One mystery left to solve | D...

By that_one_wine_aunt

[VERY CRINGE. I WROTE THE MAJORITY OF THIS WHEN I WAS 14] "𝘞đ˜Ļ'𝘭𝘭 𝘮đ˜Ļđ˜Ļđ˜ĩ đ˜ĸ𝘨đ˜ĸđ˜Ēđ˜¯... đ˜‹đ˜°đ˜¯'đ˜ĩ đ˜Ŧđ˜¯đ˜°īŋŊ... More

The hand that rocks the Mabel
The inconveniencing
Dipper vs. Manliness
Double Dipper
Irrational Treasure
The time traveler's pig
Fight Fighters
Little Dipper
Summerween
Boss Mabel
The deep end
Carpet Deim
Boyz Crazy
Land before swine
Dreamscapers
Gideon Rises - Part 1
Gideon Rises - Part 2
Back at it again
Scary-oke
Into the Bunker
The golf war
Sock Opera
Soos and the real girl
Little gift shop of horrors- Part 1
Little gift shop of horrors - Part 2
Little gift shop of horrors - Part 3
Society of the blind eye
Blendin's game
The Love God
Northwest Mansion Mystery
Not what he seems
A tale of two Stans
Dungeons, Dungeons, and More Dungeons
The Stanchurian Candidate
The Last Mabelcorn
Roadside Attraction - Part 1
Roadside Attraction - Part 2
Dipper and Mabel vs the Future
Weirdmageddon 1
Weirdmageddon 2: Escape From Reality
Weirdmageddon 3: Take Back The Falls - Part 1
Weirdmageddon 3: Take Back The Falls - Part 2
What comes next

Bottomless Pit

1K 41 23
By that_one_wine_aunt

Stan was showing us one of the new attractions he had found. "In this land of ours, there are many great pits. But none more bottomless than the bottomless pit. Which as you can see here is bottomless."

"Question. Is it bottomless?" Soos asked.

"Kids, can one of you try explaining this to Soos?" Stan sighed.

"Grunkle Stan, why are we here again?" Dipper asked

"To dispose of things that we don't want. So long, Mystery Shack suggestion cards!" He said as he threw some of the cards in.

"Goodbye, creepy love letters from Lil Gideon! Die die die!" She said as she threw nearly 50 letters into the pit.

Suddenly Soos started taking off his shoes. "What are you doing?" I asked him as he continued to throw his shoes in the pit.

"Throwing stuff, dude. Everyone's doin' it."

"What you got there, Mabel?" Stan asked Mabel who was pushing a box towards the pit.

"Oh, it's just my personal box of mysterious secrets. Nothing worth wondering about" she giggled and pushed the box down the pit.

"Grunkle Stan, do I really have to be the one to point out that a bottomless pit is, by definition, impossible?" Dipper said

"Dipper this is Gravity falls. We have gnomes who kidnap teenage girls and crazy 10 year olds with plans to conquer the world. There is nothing that's impossible around here" I told him as he ignored me.

Strangely a strong wind started blowing out of nowhere. "Quick! Everyone back to the shack!"

"I'm not done getting rid of these yet!" Stan refused to go in until he had thrown out all the cards.

"Grunkle Stan! No!" Mabel screamed as she went over to drag Stan away from the pit. She started falling so we made a chain to drag her back up but unfortunately all of us fell down.

We all screamed as we fell down. We waited for the impact which never came? "Where are we?" I asked looking around. All i could see was darkness.

"We're somewhere where it looks like we're nowhere" mabel said as she got out a glow stick. Well atleast we had a bit of light.

"We're gonna land on something eventually. It could be any second now." Dipper told us. Everyone braced themselves for us to hit the bottom but yet again we continued to fall.

"Well... it looks like we're down here for the long haul. Who wants to see some card tricks?" Stan got out a deck of cards and shuffled them but they just flew up into the darkness.

"Hey, maybe we should pass the time by telling stories." Soos suggested.

"I've got a story. It's called the time Grunkle Stan got us all thrown into a bottomless pit where we spent the rest of our NATURAL LIVES!" Dipper shouted as I rolled my eyes.

"Come on, Dipper, you can do better than that." I told him.

"Fine. I'll tell you a story. A story I'd like to call 'Voice Over.'" He took the glow stick.

Beginning of story

"Ready?" Mabel asked as she spun Waddles.

"Spin the pig! Spin the pig!" Me, Mabel, Soos and Wendy said as Waddles was spinning. Eventually he stopped and was pointing at Stan.

"Hey! Grunkle Stan. Ever kissed a pig before?" Mabel asked him.

"I'm not gonna answer that question." Stan told us.

Suddenly Dipper ran to us. "Guys! I think I just got bit by a snake! I need you to get me to a hospital quick!" He told us as I quickly got up and went over to him to see what's wrong when I suddenly heard Stan laughing.

"What? What's so funny?" Dipper asked.

"Sorry. It's just hard to focus on what you're saying with that squeaky puberty voice you got there." Stan told him continuing to laugh.

"My what?" Dipper looked a bit offended.

"It's nothing to be ashamed of, Dipper. Your voice is hillaaarrious!" Mabel said imitating her brother.

"Are you saying my voice cracks? My voice doesn't crack!" Dipper complained.

"Uh well.." I started saying.

"Dude, no offense, but it cracks so much we've already made a techno remix out of it." Soos said as he got out a tape.

"Nice to meet you My name's Dipper Pines, P-P-Pines, Pines, Pines Nice to meet you P-p-pines, Pines, Pines"

"Do I really sound like that?" Dipper asked.

"Oh, here comes my favorite part!" Wendy said as we could hear 'Stop it guys' from the tape.

Everyone laughed except me. I kind of felt bad for him. "Give me that!" He took the tape from Soos and left.

I decided not to follow him because I thought he would be okay. I mean it wasn't that big a deal.

------

I woke up from a very unpleasant dream once again. It was around 5am and as every morning I went to the roof to watch the sunrise. I sat there feeling the wind slightly blowing the hair in my face. It was nice and relaxing. Only problem was that I had no one else to experience these moments with. When the sun was high enough that it felt too hot to be outside I got back in the shack. I brushed my teeth and changed to my ordinary clothes. I got a book and went back to the mattress on the floor that was placed between the twins beds.

I saw Dipper getting out of bed. "Good morning Pines" I said to him.

"Good morning" He replied to me in a really deep voice. What the-

"Mabel" I shouted as she turned in her bed. I threw my pillow at her so she would wake up.

"Mmm. What?" She asked.

"Talk to your brother" i told her as she looked at me weirdly.

"Good morning bro bro." She said

"Good morning Mabel my favourite sister" He told her as she took out a gold club and started hitting Dipper with it.

"Who are you?! What have you done with my brother!? Dipper! I'll save you from this body switching warlock!" She continued hitting her brother as I watched them. What is happening.

"Mabel, it's me. This is my voice now. I sound awesome. Soouund aaawesome." Dipper told her.

"I know boys' voices change, but this is weird." I told him.

"Weird and bad" Mabel added.

"But girls, this is the best thing that has ever happened to me. And just think of the prank calls." He dialed a random number.

"Hello, this is the President of the United States of America. I am calling to tell you..." he made some spitting noises and then he hung up.

"Mabel no like" Mabel said as I nodded in agreement.

He ignored us. When we were in the gift shop he greeted Soos. "How are you diddly-doing, Soos?" He asked him as Soos just started hitting him with the broom.

"KILL IT. KILL IT WITH FIRE!" Soos shouted.

"Wish we could Soos. Unfortunately this is Dipper's new voice" i told him.

"What gives, man? You guys all made fun of my old voice. I thought you'd like the new one." Dipper told us.

"Well, at least before you sounded like a real person. Now, you sound like some weird commercial guy" I told him. I noticed him looking sad after he heard what I think.

"I'll find Stan. He'll like my new voice. You'll see. I'll be right back after these messages!.. I mean... goodbye." He said as he left.

------

We were watching TV. I felt bad for saying that to Dipper. I should have been more open minded about his new voice no matter how weird it sounded. Suddenly i saw him coming in the living room.

"Hey guys" he said but this time in his normal voice.

"You're back!" We were all very happy he sounded normal again.

"I guess I realized that even though my voice may not be perfect, it's still mine, and I wouldn't change it for anything, not even for whatever was in this new vial." He told.

"So, what did you do with the rest of that potion?" I asked him as he shrugged.

"I just dumped it in Stan's coffee." He told us.

"Have any of you kids seen mah girdle? Where mah girdle at?" Stan said in a squeaky vouce as we all laughed. "What? What's so funny? I'm Grunkle Stay-an! Kids laughing. Laughing at they Grunkle."

End of story

"I spy with my little eye something that is... Black!" Mabel said as I sighed.

"Uh everything?" I told her as she hapily nodded.

"Hey guys, who wants to pass the time by spinning? Everyone spin!" Mabel said as she started spinning.

"This is boring. Soos, tell a story." Stan said.

"Really? Okay. This story is called 'Soos' really good Pinball story'. Is that a good title? Does it have to be a pun or whatever?" He asked. I saw he was getting nervous.

Beginning of story

Me, Dipper and Mabel were watching Soos play pinball.

"Go! Go! Go! Go! Go! Go!" We encouraged him.

"This is it, dudes. After 4 long years of trying, I might finally get a high score on Stan's creepy old pinball machine. If I do this, I'll go down in pinball history, with the likes of Sal, Gaff, and of course, Poo." Soos said still very focused on the game.

"You ever tried maybe tilting the machine?" I asked him.

"I don't know, dudes, isn't breaking the rules like, against the rules?" Soos asked as me and the twins laughed.

"Nuts to the rules! Tilt! Tilt! Tilt!" Mabel told him as Soos looked at the game.

"Failure! You stink!" The game said after Soos lost.

"All right, that's it! Are you ready, kids?" Soos asked us as me and Dipper were on one side of the machine and mabel was on the other.

"Tilt! Tilt! Tilt! Tilt!" We all chanted as we tilted the machine.

"Quit tiltin', partner. Quit tiltin'!" The game said but we ignored it.

"Tilt!" Soos said as he tilted the machine so the ball got right in the goal.

"Bulls-eye! New high score!" The machine congratulated Soos.

"This is the best moment of my life. This totally beats my old best moment." Soos said proudly as we cheered.

"That ain't right. You cheated." The machine said.

"Oh, yeah. What are you gonna do about it? You're just a Pinball game, Pinball game. Taunt, taunt." Soos mocked the game when suddenly the game started glowing.

"Uhh is it supposed to be like that?" I asked

"No that's not the normal amount of green lightning" Soos said as we all backed away from the game.

Suddenly everything went black.

------

I woke up in weird western clothes. What the-? Where was I. I looked around. This place seemed a lot like the pintball machine. Oh no. I quickly got up and tried to find a way out. Luckily while I was wandering around I managed to bump up into the twins and Soos.

"Guys. What the hell is happening?" I asked them as I just saw Soos looking around.

"Dude, if this is a dream, I never want to wake up!" He said hapily.

"That can be arranged. Welcome to Tumbleweed Terror, partners." The game said to us.

"Hey, it's the skeleton cowboy guy. Did you zap me into your game to congratulate me on getting my new score? I beat Poo, dude!" Soos asked him.

"Pardon, and if'n I do recall, I did warned y'all not to cheat. I tried to be gentleman-like, but I'm plum sick of being tilted. So, now I reckon, I'm gonna tilt you." The game told us as I watched Soos start hiting the machine.

"Well, take this! Ow! And this! Ow! It hurts. I wish this was working better. And this! Aw, dude!" Unfortunately he knocked himself out.

The game laughed. "Get yourselves ready for the..." he didn't finsih his sentence but we knew what was coming.

"Multi-ball" me the twins and Soos said.

"Over there!" I told the group as we hid behing one of the walls.

"Where are you? I'm not done teaching you a lesson about cheating yet." The game shouted.

"How are we gonna get out of here? Think, guys." Dipper said.

I looked around trying to find a solution. Suddenly Dipper grabbed my arms. "Emma you are the smartest person here. Think!" He told me as I continued to look around.

"Uhh.." my eyes searched for something. Anything. Until. "The on and off switch!" I told them "There has to be one around here somewhere. We just need to find it.

"Okay. Don't worry, guys, I know every inch of this machine. I know where the switch is. I can sneak in there and turn off the game. But we'll have to distract the cowboy guy. Are any of you good at jumping up and down and making annoying noises?" He asked as Mabel got up.

"My time has come." She said proudly.

"Alright, let's go, Soos!" Dipper said we we all went the ways we needed to go.

"Come on out and show yourselves, varmints." The machine said as Mabel got out of the hiding spot.

"Hey! Hey! Hey! Look at me and listen to what I'm doing! BUZZZZZZ! DISTRACTION! DISTRACTION! LA! LA! LA! LA! LA!" She shouted as me and Dipper sighed.

"Something ain't right here. Let me see where this is going." The machine said.

Soos was taking a long time to we decided to go check up on him. "Soos, pssssst. What's going on? Just press the switch already!" Dipper told him.

"Okay, so I was gonna do that, but I've been thinking. According to this, turning off the power erases the high score permanently. That score is like my one big life accomplishment." Soos told us.

"What? If you don't hurry up, we could die in here!" I told him as he looked at the switch then at me and Dipper.

"Fair point. But, what is life anyway when compared to the immortality of a high score?" He told me.

"Soos, are you out of your--!" I was so angry I didn't realize I shouted.

"There y'all are. Get ready to meet your maker, kids. My maker is Ballway Games in Redmond, Washington." The game said as some strong force started pulling us.

"Soos!" Dipper said.

"Soos please!" Mabel told him aswell.

"Just turn the damn thing off!" I shouted at him.

"Uhhh Uhh. Goodbye, high score" Soos pressed the button and everything stopped.

------

I woke up back in the Shack. Oh thank god everyone was alright. "Woah! You dudes okay?" Soos asked us.

"Yes! You did it! You freed us!" Mabel was happy she was back.

"Hey man, I'm sorry you had to lose your high score." I told him.

"That's Okay. I've got a new life accomplishment now. Saving you dudes." He said as me and the twins hugged him.

End of story

"I can't believe this nonsense. Magic tonics? Soos winning at something? Where did you come up with this stuff? I'll tell you a good story. It's called 'Grunkle Stan wins the football bowl'" Stan told us a stupid story that I am not going to bother explaining.

"Boooo" we all told him as he ignored us.

"What? That story was great! I even threw in a talking robot for the kids." He told us as I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm gonna tell a non-terrible story. A story called 'Nightmare fuel'

Beginning of story

It was a late sunday night. Me, Mabel and Dipper were watching something on the television when Stan walked in. "Aren't you kids supposed to be in bed by now?" He asked us as we shook our heads.

"We are not tired Grunkle Stan" Mabel told him.

"Well then if you wanna stay up how about you watch some real films instead of those stupid tv programs" and so he got out an old dusty videotape and put it in the tv.

I can't really describe what we just watched. It was a horror film. But also it was weird. It's not something you are afraid of more than something you are confused by. After the movie ended we all went to bed.

As I was sleeping I felt something craw on me. I opened my eyes and saw a little gremlin just like the one in the film we watched. What the- But when I blinked he was gone.

Suddenly I woke up. Oh thank god that was just a dream. But something wasn't right this time instead of a gremlin on me I saw two gremlins watching me sleep. Was this real or again a dream.

I woke up once again. It was like i was stuck in an infinite loop of nightmares where i couldn't wake up. I got from my bed and went over to Dipper. But instead of Dipper in the bed there was a gremlin. He looked at me with it's bright yellow eyes.

And so I woke up once again in my bed. This time eyes all around the room were watching me. Everytime they were getting more and more. I got up from the mattress i slept on and went to one of the gremlins. When i tried to touch it. I woke up. This time I wasn't even in the Shack. I wasn't really anywhere. The only thing i could see were bright yellow eyes. Staring at me. I felt as If I was going insane.

Then I woke up again. I was in my room. Everything was normal. The twins were there. Everything was fine. It looks like i finally broke the loop. I got up and decided to look around. When I went to the mirror I couldn't see my reflection. I just saw bright yellow eyes. Staring right back into me. I blinked and they were gone. I could see myself again. Was this real or was i dreaming again. Only one way to find out.

I knew that if it was a dream and I jumped from the roof of the shack I would wake up. If not. Well we know what happens then.

And so I jumped. Everything went black. Right then I woke up. I was in my room. But there was nothing in it. The twins weren't there. Neither were the gremlins. In fact. There wasn't anybody in the town. It was empty. It was just me. I felt as If I was going insane. I screamed but nobody heard me. I broke everything I found next to me in anger.

Then I woke up. Mabel and Dipper looking at me. "Are you okay?" They asked.

"Depends?" I looked at them. "Is this real?"

End of story

"And..?" Soos asked.

"That's the story." I told them.

"Great now I won't be able to sleep." Stan complained.

"H-how the hell do you come up with that?" Dipper asked as I just shrugged.

"Aha how about a story that is less creepy. I call it 'Trooth Ache!'" Mabel told us.

Beginning of story

Mabel, Dipper and Stan went out to teach a bear how to drive or something as I stayed in and painted rocks with golden paint. Stan wanted to fake real gold for an abstraction.

Suddenly I saw them walking in "Hey" i greeted them but they ignored me.

"Grunkle Stan, how could you lie to those policemen? Don't you know lying is always wrong?" Mabel told Stan.

"Mabel, when you get to be my age, you'll learn that you sometimes have to bend the truth for the greater good." He said as he was eating spaghetti.

"Hey, have any of you seen my plate of spaghetti?" Dipper asked as he came in.

"No... But I bet Soos has. You know how he likes to eat." Stan told him as he hid the plate behind his back.

"This is a dark day. Thanks, Grunkle Stan." And so Dipper ran off.

"See? Greater good." Stan told her as she rolled her eyes and went upstairs.

"Stan I'm done with the rocks" i told him and went upstairs aswell.

I walked in our room where i saw Mabel reading from Dipper's journal. "Buried 'neath a trees stump in the deep forest are the truth teeth, which forces upon the wearer the inability to lie."

"Uh what?" I asked her as she hid the journal behind her back.

"Nothing" she smiled and walked out. I decided not to follow her.

------

I went downstairs where I saw Dipper and Mabel talking. "You what? That seems like a horrible idea!" Dipper complained.

"What is?" I asked as I sat down next to them

"Mabel gave Stan truth teeth now he has to tell only the truth!" Dipper whispered to me. Oh shit.

"Yea that's actually really terrible." I agreed with Dipper.

"It's great! Now he has to tell the truth." Mabel told us hapily.

"Stan, what do you do in secret everyday during your lunch break?" I asked him trying to see if the teeth worked.

"Usually, I spend the hour aggressively scratching myself in places I shouldn't mention. Now I'm going to avoid making eye contact by pretending to read this newspaper and going to the bathroom without washing my hands." And so he left.

"Ew. Remind me never to touch anything in this house ever again" I told the twins.

"Don't worry, guys. The truth is always a good thing" Mabel assured us.

------

The twins me and Stan were watching TV. "Sometimes, I think. Is this all there is? Is life just some kind of horrific joke without a punch line? That we're all just biding our time until the sweet, sweet, release of death?" Stan suddenly said to us. I mean. I kinda agree but seriously?

------

"Kids, I think I have a growth forming on my back. Just wanted to be honest with you guys." Stan shouted to us from the bathroom. Ew.

"I can't take it anymore, Mabel! We need to take those teeth out of his mouth." Dipper told his sister.

"But then he'll be a liar again." Mabel said.

"Could it possibly be any worse than this?" I asked.

"So, after further investigation, it turns out that there is no Dr. Medicine in Gravity Falls." A policeman said entertaining the Shack. Uhh what?

"You better have a darn good explanation for this." The other policeman said.

"Oh and I do. You see, I lied to you. In addition I've been parking in handicapped spaces, shoplifting fireworks, and smuggling endangered animals across multiple state lines. Also, you're fat." Stan told them. Oh no.

"Is all of this true?" Sherif Blubs dropped his coffee.

"No! No, it's not true. Right, Mabel?" Dipper asked.

"Uh, sirs, I have to be completely and totally honest with you. Our Great Uncle Stan is...is...Stan is.." She couldn't think of anything to cover him up.

"He's secretly a crime fiction writer!" I told them as Mabel looked at me. I knew she would thank me later about that.

"What?" Sheriff Blubs was confused

"Yeah. He was just telling you about a character in his upcoming page turner, Crime Grandpa. He's never committed a crime in his life. Oh also sheriff, have you lost weight?" I asked him trying to sound friendly.

"Finally! Someone noticed." He looked happy. Thank god.

"Wow, an author! Can you teach me how to read?" Wait what. How can you be a deputy and dont know how to read.

"What? Author?" Stan was confused.

"Ah ha ha, writer, master of fiction and crime novels. Good night, officers thanks for checking in." I told them as I closed the door and sighed.

"How did you come up with all that?" Mabel asked me.

"Stan's not the only one good at lying" I chuckled a bit. "Don't forget my father is also a businessman. I know a few tricks" to that the twins laughed.

"Hello? Police station? I forgot to tell him about my tax fraud. No, tax fraud." Stan was on the phone. Oh shit. We quickly tackled him and threw the phone away from him. "What's gotten into you kids?" Stan asked as Mabel took out his teeth.

"We have to find a place to get rid of these!" Mabel said.

End of story

"Mabel, we already know that story! We just lived through it." I told her as she just shrugged.

"Guys, do you see that?" Dipper pointed below us where there could be seen a bit of light.

"Where are we going?" I asked as we fell out of the pit back infront of the Shack. What the-

"Look! The Shack! Which means... we came right back out the top." Mabel told us.

"And I don't think any time has passed. It must be some kind of wormhole." Dipper told us.

"Yeah, dude. That sounds science-y enough to be true." Soos agreed with Dipper.

"But that's impossible. No one will believe us." Stan said.

"Maybe this is one story we should keep to ourselves." I suggested as everyone agreed with me.

Stan leaned on a sign which broke and so he fell in the pit once again "He'll be fine." We all said and got back in the shack.

A/N
Ahh this was one long chapter. I hope you liked the little horror story I added. I' love horror myself so I decided to add something a bit creepy and mysterious since it fits Emma's character. Hope you enjoyed it! Bye~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 4.1K 79
First person reader insert. My name is (y/n). I fell in love with Stanford Pines. One year. I hardly knew him. We were young. We were reckless. In sh...
238K 6.9K 23
After a terrible car crash resulting in the death of their parents, 17 year olds Dipper and Mabel Pines are sent back to Gravity Falls to live with t...
35.1K 1.1K 12
(continued after ddandmd, I do not own gravity falls or any of the pictures) After spending the first real quality time with his great uncle Ford...
1.2K 53 17
Very and I can't stress this enough, very slow updates** A story in which Dipper and Bill live happily together with their own kid, Aaron, their live...