Embrace The Flames // BOok 1

By and_thebad_wolfStory

"I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me " ... More

cast
Darcey's Playlist / aesthetics!
Where it started
PILOT Part 1
Pilot Part 2
Wendigo
Wendigo part 2
Bloody Mary
Bloddy mary part 2
Skin
Skin part 2
Hook man
Bugs
Bugs part 2
Scarecrow
Scarecrow part 2
Faith
Faith part 2
Shadow
Shadow part 2
Dead Man's Blood
Dead Man's Blood part 2
Salvation
Salvation part 2
Devil's Trap
Devil's trap part 2
Season 2 playlist
In My Time of Dying
In my time of dying part 2
Everybody loves a clown
Erverybody loves a clown part 2
Bloodlust
Bloodlist part 2
Children shouldn't play with dead things
Children shouldn't play with dead things part 2
The usual suspects
The usual suspects part 2
The other special Winchester
Born under a bad sign
Born under a bad sign part 2
Tall tales
Tall tales part 2
What is and What Should Never Be
All hell breaks loose, part 1
All Hell breaks loose part one, part 2
All hell breaks loose, part 2
All hell breaks loose part two part 2

The benders

57 0 0
By and_thebad_wolfStory

£**£

After the week the Winchester's have had, Darcey has been feeling out of place and disoriented.
Right now, they where at a bar, Darcey was trying not to be bothered by it, but they were discussing their new case.
They did have Grayson with them.
It was his birthday soon and she wanted to be their with him to celebrate.

As Dean and Darcey play darts, with Dean winning, With her luck.
Grayson sat in a chair by Sam as he ate some food and listened to music, while Sam read.
" So the local police have not ruled out foul play. Apparently, there was signs of struggle."
Turning, Dean said as Darcey threw her dart, "you know, they could be right. It could be just a kidnapping. Maybe this isn't our kind of gig." Turning to his sister, he says, "you know, you suck at this game?" Looking as her dart was stuck in the wall.
"You're the one who taught me..." she says In a duh tone.
"Except for this. Dad marked the area, Dean." Sam says
"Possible hunting grounds of a phantom attacker. "
Dean and Darcey make their way to Sam.
Darcey sat down and put Grayson on her lap, him still listening to music.
"Why would he do that?" Darcey asked as she took one of Graysons fries.
The son looked up to his mother with a pouty face, she just poked her tongue out at him and took another.

"Well, he found a lot of local folklore...about a dark figure that comes out at night..grabs people, then vanishes. He found this too: this county has more missing persons per capita than anywhere in the state" Sam tells his siblings.

"That is weird." Dean says going back to the dart board.
"Yeah." Sam says
"Don't phantom attackers usually snatch people from their beds?" Dean asked "Jenkins was taken from a parking lot."
"Well, there are all kinds. Spring Heeled Jacks, phantom gassers. They take people anywhere, anytime. Sam explains
"I don't know if this is our kind of gig either."

"Yeah, you're right. We should ask around more tomorrow." Dean says.
"Right." Sam agreeably said
"I saw a motel about five miles back." Sam informed them.
Dean turns,
"Whoa, easy. Let's have another round." He says
"We should get a early start."
"You really know how to have fun, don't you, grandma? Alright.
I'll meet you out side,I gotta take a leak." He said
Darcey helped Sam clear up their papers and she grabbed Graysons stuff.
They made their way outside.
Grayson was holding his mothers hand as they oldest and youngest walked.
"Did you hear that?" Grayson asked
Looking around, Darcey and Sam nod.
Sam then puts the books down on the car and takes out his flashlight. Grayson followed Sam's lead and looked under the car.
When Sam jumped, so did Grayson.
He turned to his sister.
"It was a cat." He said
When they got up, they were about to enter the car when they felt something grab their ankles and start to drag them away.
£**£

When Dean went outside from the bar washroom, he saw a orange cat on top of a car, he also saw the book.
He immediately looked in the car, not seeing his family, he went into action.
When the bikers from inside started flowing out, he went up to one couple and asked,
"Hey. You guys been outside around here in, like, the last hour or so?"
They shook their heads.
Dean began to look around anxiously.
"Sam! Darcey! Grayson!" He shouted
"Sammy? CC! Gray!"
Looking around, he looked up and saw security cameras.
He walked to the middle of the road,
"Guys?"
£**£

The next morning, at the sheriff's department, Dean was talking to a Officer.
"So, what can we do for you Officer Washington?" She asked
"I'm working a missing persons."
"I didn't know the Jenkins case was being covered by state police." She told Dean.
"Uh, no thing is someone else. Actually it's my cousin and his wife and kid. We were having dinner at this bar last night at this bar by the highway. I haven't seen them since."
"Your cousin have a drinking problem?"
"Sam? Two beers and he's doing karaoke. He was drunk when they were taken." The lady officer walked behind to her desk.
"All right. What's his name?" She asked
"Winchester." Dean said letting him self threw the small bounce back door and sat down.
"Sam Winchester and Darcey Winchester, and Grayson Winchester."
"Like the rifle?"
"Like the rifle." He says
"Samual Winchester. So you know his brother, Dean Winchester, died in St. Louis, and their sister Darcey Winchester, and was Dean was suspected of murder?"
Dean smiled a bit, "yeah, Dean. Kind of the black sheep of the family. Handsome though."
"Uh-huh." She said as she typed
"Well, he's not showing up in current reports."
"Oh, I already have a lead. I saw a surveillance camera out by the highway."
"Uh-huh. County county traffic cam?"
"Right. Yeah. I'm thinking the camera picked up whatever took him. Or whoever."
"Well, I have access to the cam footage down at the county works department." She tells Dean.
"But, well, in the meantime let's do this the right way." She said getting up, "Why don't you fill out a missing persons report...and sit right over here?" And Handing him a clipboard.
"Officer, look, they're family. I kind of look out for them. You got to let me go with you." Dean says

"I'm sorry. I can't do that." She says
"Well, tell me something. Your county has its fair share of missing persons. Any of them come back?" Dean questions
"Sam's my responsibility. And they're all coming back. I'm bringing them back." He tells her

£**£

Waking up with a gasp, Sam sits up. He sees his sister huddled in a corner, holding a crying Grayson.
"Hey, hey. Darcey." He says going over to her.
He can see her slightly shaking.
"CC, look at me." Sam says
His older sister looks to him, her red puffy eyes and teared stained cheeks stirs back at him.
His nephew in the same state.
"Darcey, don't worry okay? I'll going to get us out." He told her.
Darcey nodded as she rocked her son back and forth.
Sam stood up, barely standing to his full hight. He shook the cage. When it didn't budge, he looked to over to his side. The guy, who they assume is Jenkins, lyes with side up Against his own cage.

£**£
Dean sits waiting for the officer to come back.
"Greg, I think we got something." She says and hands him some papers "these traffic cams take an image every three seconds." She explains "it's part of the Amber Alert program.these images were all taken around the time your cousin disappeared."

Dean looks threw the photos, not seeing anything useful.
"This isn't what I'm looking for."
"Just wait. Wait. The next one." She says
In the picture, a big trailer was driving off.
"This one was taken right after Sam left the bar." She said
"Look at the back end of that thing. Now look at the plates."
"They look new. Probably stolen." Dean says
"So whoever's driving that rust bucket must be involved." She said to him
Suddenly, a car engine screeches and a brown long van drives by.
"Hear that engine?" Dean asks
"Yeah."
"Kind of a whining growl, isn't it?" He asks
"Sure."
"I'll be dammed."

£**£

Back in the cage, Sam was trying everything to get out. Darcey was still shaking and at the verge of a panic attack.
From the corner she and Grayson was in, she saw the guy in the other cage begin to wake up.
Not using her words, she tapped Sam, who was beside her. "You're alive?" Sam asked the guy.
"Huh?"
"Hey, you okay?" Sam asked again
The man stood up. "Does it look like I'm doing okay?" He says
"Where are we?" Says Sam
"I don't know. The County I think. Smells like the county."
"You're Alvin Jenkins, aren't you?" Sam asked
"Yeah."
"Wow. I was looking for you."

"Oh, yeah?"
"Yeah."
"Well, no offense, but this is a piss-poor rescue."
"My brother's out there right now too. He's looking for us. So..."

"So he's not going to find us. We're in the middle of nowhere. Waiting for them to come back and do God knows what to us." Alvin says
At those words, Grayson looked up to his mother.
"Uncle Dean isn't going to find us?" He asked in a quiet scared voice.
Brushing his messy hair with her fingers, she puts her hand on his cheek.
"Of course he's going to find us." She said just a bit loud so Jenkins could hear.
"What are they? Have you seen them?" Sam asked
"What are you talking about?"
"Whatever grabbed us. What do they look like?"
The sound of a door opening makes them be quiet.
Darcey holds a whimpering Grayson as Sam stands a little close to his sister in a protective pose.
People in black robes come in, Carrying what looks to be tays of food.
When they open Jenkins cage, he shouts at them.
When they don't bring one to there cage, Sam watches as they walk out.
"I'll be dammed. They're just people." He says looking to Darcey
"Yeah. What did you expect?"

"How often do they feed you?"
"Once a day."
Darcey was struggling to breath now. Her mind was reliving her past.
The cold cell, in the basement, not being fed regularly, the fear...
she was reliving it all, and she didn't know how to stop it.

"They use that thing over there to open the cage." Jenkins explains
"And that the only time you see them?" Sam asked
"So far. But I'm waiting."
"Waiting for what?"
"Ned Beatty time, man. Hey, is she okay?" Alvin asked pointing over to Darcey.
"I think that's enough of your worries."
"Oh, yeah?"
Sam then looks to his sister who was not holding Grayson anymore because she held her knees and was rocking back and forth. Her head tucked in between.
Heads shaking and her lip quivering.
Sam made his was over with one step.
"Hey, hey, Darcey, Darcey I need you to look at me." He said placing his hands on her shoulder. He didn't not notice how she tensed up when he did so.
He rubbed her back, but all she did was flinch back and crawl over away from Sam.
"What do you think they want, then?" Alvin Asked
Sam looked to Grayson.
"Keep an eye on your mom, okay? Try and talk to her."
The boy nodded, scared about this situation, and for his mom. He's never seen her like this and he didn't know what was happening to her.
Seeing a rope chain, Sam grabbed a hold of it.
"It depends on who they are." He answers Jenkins.
"They're a bunch of psycho, hillbilly rednecks, if you ask me. Looking for love in all the wrong places." The man yells.
Pulling on the metal, Sam tries to get it lose, but to no avail.

"Momma." Grayson says quietly.
When the boy got no answer, he went to sit beside her.
"What's your name again?" Alvin asked
"It's Sam. And that's Darcey and Grayson."
" why don't you just give it up Sammy. There's no way out."

"Don't call me Sammy." He said and pulled even harder, eventually making the thing he was pulling fall.
"What is it?"

Looking at what fell, he said,
"It's a bracket."
"Oh, thank God, a bracket. Now what are we got them, huh?"
When Jenkins door opens, all eyes are on it.
"Must have been a short." Jenkins says
Sam and him stand up. "Maybe you locked something loose." He says stepping out.
"I think you should get back in Jenkins." Sam says
"What?"
"This isn't right."
"Don't you want to get out?" Alvin asked
"Yeah, but that was too easy."
"I'm gonna get out of here. Gonna send help. Don't worry." He tells Sam.
"No. I'm serious Jenkins. This might be a trap."
"Bye Sammy." He says and leaves out the door.
When he leaves, the door locks back up.
The young Winchester turns to his nephew.
"Grayson, I need your help." He say
The boy nods.
"I need you to—" Sam was cut off by screams.

£**£
Walking to the police car, the officer and Dean hold coffees in their hands. Dean asks her,
"Look, I don't mean to press my luck."
"Your luck it so pressed." She says back. "Right. I was wondering, why are you helping me out anyway? Why not just lock me up?"
"My brother Riley disappeared three years ago. A lot like Sam and your family. We searched for him, but nothing." She says
"I know what it's like to feel responsible for someone, and for them....come on, let's keep at it."

Driving in the car, Dean suddenly tells the officer to pull over. The two get out of the car.
"It's the first turn-off I've see. So far." Dean says
"You stay here. I'll check it out." The woman says
"No way." Dean said
"Hey. You're a civilian. And a felon, I think. I'm not taking you with me." She tells Dean
"You're not going without me." He tells her
She sighed
"All right."
"You promise you won't get involved? You'll let me handle it."
"Yeah. I promise." Dean said knowing that he was lying to her.
"Shake on it." She said holding out her hand.
When Dean shook her hand, she slapped cuffs on him.
"Oh, come on." He said as she attached the other cuff to the door handle of the car.
"This is ridiculous.
Kathleen I really think your gonna need my help with this." Dean shouted
"I'll manage." She said locking the car.
Dean shook his hand a bit. 
"I gotta start carrying paperclips, I mean Darcey always has one..aw man."
He says to himself.

Spotting the car antenna, Dean reaches for it, with much difficulty.
When he hears the squeak on a car, he reaches for it faster.
"Son is a Bitch." He mumbles
He's finally got a hold on it and he twisted it until it came off.
He quickly got the handcuffs off he hides.

£**£
Back in the cages, Darcey and Sam Winchester watched as they brought in a new person.
Darcey was still in a ball position, but now, with more convincing on Sam's part, she was holding her sons hand for comfort.
"You all right?" Sam asked the new woman.
"Are you Sam Winchester? Aren't you?" "Yeah." He says
"Your ah, your cousin is looking for you." She says
At those words, Darcey perked up a bit and held Grayson's hand a little tighter.
"Thank God. Where is he?" Sam asked.
"I Ah..I cuffed him to my car."
When the sound of the door opens, Darcey begins to panic a little, worried that it's the people in the black robes again, but, when Dean came forward, she stood up for the first time since she's been locked here and rushed to the cage where Sam was.
"Sam? Darcey? Grayson?" Dean said
"Are you guys hurt?" He asked
The siblings shook their heads
"No."
"Damn, it's good to see you." Dean said to Sam.
The officer then said,
"How did you get out of the cuffs?"
"I know a trick or two." Was Deans reply.
He then turned back to the cage.
"How are you guys doing?" He asked softly to Darcey and Grayson who was now holding onto his moms legs
She nodded her head, not having the energy to talk, afraid that all she'll do is cry. "Okay" Grayson said in a whisper.
"Alright. Those locks look like they're gonna be a Bitch." Dean said
"There's some kind of automatic control right there." Sam says as he points to it.
"Have you see them?"
"Yeah. Dude.They're just people."
"And they jumped you guys? Must be getting a little rust there, kiddo. What do they want?" Dean asked
"I don't know. They let Jenkins go, but that was some sort of trap. It doesn't make any sense to me." Sam tells his brother who is trying to activate the automatic thing.
"That's the point. You know, with our usual playmates, there's rules. There's patterns. But with people, they're just crazy." Dean says
"See anything out there?" Sam asked
"There's a dozen junked our cars out back. Plates from all over. I'm guessing when they take someone, they take they're car too."

Kathleen then asked, "did you see a black Mustang? About 10 years old?"
" Yeah, actually I did." Dean told her
"Your brothers?" Dean said
Kathleen nodded
"I'm sorry. Let's get you guys out and take care of those bastards. This thing takes a key? Key?" Dean says to Sam
"Alright. I better go find it." Dean said
When he said that, Darcey began to panic once more.
Noticing, Sam pulled her in for a hug and let her cry into his chest.
With a sigh, Dean began to walk out,
"Dean." Sam said "Be careful."
Looking to his brother and sister, he said, "yeah."
And then walked out.
As Sam still held Darcey, she tried
To hold herself together.

When a guy with a gun comes in, Darcey grabs Grayson.
Sam stands In front of them.
He goes to open the door with the key.
"What are you doing?" Sam asked
When his door opens, Sam stays back and grabs a hook thing on the floor.
When he fired his gun, Darcey and Grayson screamed.
Sam has ended up fighting him and got a hold of his gun and knocked the other guy out. Unfortunately, the gun was out of bullet's.
Getting the officer out of the cage, They hide.
More gunshots ring out and Darcey has to cover her and Graysons mouths to not make a noice. Running, things escalate when one of the guys is about to shoot the woman but Sam got in the middle and caused the guy to shoot his buddy. Darcey and Grayson quickly made their way to the woman as Sam began to fight against the guy that shot his friend.
Sam got a hold of his gun and knocked him out with it.

£**£
Sam put the knocked out guy in one of the cages and the lady held the other guy at gun point.
Sam, Darcey and Grayson walked up to her.
"I got this one. You guys go ahead."
She told them. With Grayson in her arms, she and Sam rushes to the house where Dean was.
When they untied Dean, the Winchester's made there way out of the house and met up with Kathleen.
"Where's the girl?" She asked
"Locked in a closet." Dean says
"Wheres the dad?"
"Shot. Trying to escape." She told them.
As the Winchester's walked away, Grayson was in Sam's arms as Darcey held on to one of Deans.
"I think the car's at the police station." He said
"So..state police and the FBI are gonna be here within the hour. They're gonna want to talk to you." Kathleen says to them "I suggest that you all be gone by then." She says
"Don't have to tell me twice." Darcey mumbles.
"Thanks." Dean says
"I don't mean to press our luck,but we're in the middle of nowhere." Dean asked "think we could catch a ride?"
"Start walking." She says
"Duck if you see a squad car"
"Sounds great to me. Thanks." Sam says
As they walk,
Grayson is on Deans back and Darcey is still holding his arm.
Though, he moved his arm so that he was holding her hand.
"Don't ever do that again." Dean says
"do what?" Sam asked
"Go missing like that. Especially you little Gman.."
"You were worried about me." Sam says smiling.
"No. I was worried about Darcey and Grayson."
"I think you were worried about Sammy." Darcey said happily.
"All I'm saying is, if he vanishes like that again, I'm not looking for him."
"Sure you won't." Sam said
"I'm not. Right Grayson?"
When he didn't get a reply from his nephew, Darcey looked over to her son.
"He's asleep." She said
"Well, if he was awake he would agree with me. I wouldn't."
"So, you got sidelined by a 13-year-old girl?" Sam asked
Darcey laughs and the thought of a child taking down Dean.
"Shut up." He said
"Just saying, you're getting rusty, kiddo." Sam tells him.
"Shut up." Dean says again.

£**£

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

557K 14.7K 68
Sam left his family to attend Stanford University. There he comes across a girl by the name of Jess. The duo hit it off which leads to Jess giving bi...
2 0 1
Hunting was a dangerous sport. For Emily Maza, the hunting business had killed her mother, a handful of siblings, and her one and only girlfriend, Ma...
292 24 5
After Sam left his family to follow his dreams he quickly met Nova Green, a young girl who had fallen on tough times. The man took her in and not lon...
1K 83 16
"Ok, now you've been properly screwed. And here I thought you would be a challenge," Nicole said with a click of her tongue. "Pity." "Double or nothi...