Better as Friends ? (Steve Ha...

By linkispink1995

You and Steve had been broken up for five years now , you both mutually decided to remain friends for your so... More

(Not an update) character list
(1) simply routine
(2) daddy's boy
(3) Who's Alison
(4) Thanksgiving
(5) Awkward introductions
(6) Fueling the Fire
(8) A Mothers love
(9) Another chnace ?
(10) A final chance
(11) A Birthday
(12) Trying for forgiveness
(13) Appendix
(14) Home again
(15) Same old routine
(16) A Date???
(17) another awkward introduction
(18) worlds worst dinner party
(19) A baby shower
(20) the aftermath
(21) just another Saturday
(22) A shocking confession
(23) the facade crashes
(24) A bewaited kiss
(25) A new routine
Q&A
better together (1)
better together (2) puppy love
Better Together (3) Surprise
Better together (4) Halloween
Better Together (5) A day of emotions
Better Together (6) the move
Better Together (8) The calm before the storm

(7) Jealous ?

684 15 2
By linkispink1995

Y/n's P.o.v
I was fiddling with the watch I wore to work while in was waiting for matt to arrive for lunch , he had called me when he had gotten back from his trip since he traveled a lot for work. Matt was one of my closet friends since forever , both are families were good friends it also helped that we lived on the same street. Everyone loved Matt , well everyone but Steve they were actually almost friends before Steve had his fall from grace in Junior year. My attention was moved when I felt someone tap my shoulder , I turned to see nothing but the empty both behind me when I turned again Matt was sitting across from me. I jumped in my seat a little , he chuckled saying "when did you get so jumpy" I sighed saying "I'm not jumpy". He chuckled again saying "so that was a happy squeal" I shook my head saying "I didn't squeal" he nodded as the waitress came by to take our order.

A few minutes of eating breakfast Matt spoke up saying "where's Jackson" I sighed saying "he's with Steve" Matt nodded saying "haven't seen him in a while how's he doing". I sighed again saying "he's good , he um met someone" Matt frowned saying "you hate her don't you" I scoffed saying "I don't hate her , she's just-" he cut me off saying "Awful". I silently nodded as he asked "why don't you tell him" I shook my head saying "why would he listen to me" he shrugged saying "how's Jackson". I smiled at the mention of his name saying "he's good , he um in school now it's only four days but he likes it". He nodded saying "are you sure your okay with the whole Steve thing" I nodded saying "yeah I'm fine , except" he then said "except what" is sighed saying "there's a small wrinkle" he furrowed his brows saying "a wrinkle" I nodded saying "I may or may not have written a very long in depth paper on my feelings for Steve" , I then muttered the next part which was "that we should give us another chance". Matt's jaw dropped saying "Y/n" I shook my head saying "it was before he met her , a few hours but it was before I knew he met her" , I then added "besides it gone". He nodded saying "you got ride of it" I shook my head saying "not exactly , I kinda lost it" his jaw dropped again saying "where" I responded saying "it's a long story" he nodded saying "well I'm all ears".

After telling Matt the events of the past few day's , he had finally taken it in saying "wow" I nodded as he added "so who's the culprit". I shrugged saying "me , Matt I'm the idiot who lost it" he shook his head saying " I don't know it sounds a little odd" I sighed saying "I told you I asked him , and he-" he cut me off saying "has Steve ever lied to you" I nodded saying "yeah but not over stupid stuff" Matt shook his head saying "maybe it wasn't stupid to him". I sighed saying "I doubt it , he's gone back to his old ways" he nodded saying "well people change and if anyone has proved that it's Steve". He then added "do you wanna go see a movie" I shook my head saying "I can't I have to get Jackson" he shook his head saying "leave him with Steve , you had an extra night son should he". I nodded saying "you know what , your right" he nodded saying "great I'll pick you up at eight" I nodded again before continuing my lunch.

After parting ways with Matt , I went home to call Steve to let him know that Jackson would be spending another night. As I began to walk up to my apartment I started to hear sounds coming from my apartment , I began to panic I knew I locked my front door , right ? I quicky ran up to the door. I turned the knob to see my front door was already unlocked , I opened the door to see there was an unexpected guest lying on my couch , it was Steve. I sighed taking my coat off before walking over and taking the remote out of Steve's hand , "what the hell Jackson-" he then cut himself off seeing it was me saying "oh hi". I sighed saying "oh hi , my front door was unlocked I thought I was being robbed" he chuckled as I added "besides how'd you get in". He sighed saying "Robin had a key , I'm simply borrowing it" I nodded saying "good while your here , I gotta tell you he's staying with you tonight". Steve shook his head saying "he can't he's got school tomorrow" I nodded saying "you've taken him before , do you have work or something". He sighed saying "about that , what if I didn't have one anymore" I then realized what he meant I sighed saying "you lost your job" he nodded as I added "oh Steve I'm so sorry". He nodded saying "ah , I probably deserved it" I shook my head saying "no you don't and if you want I'll have him tonight". He sighed saying "it's fine , do you have work tonight" I shook my head saying "no I'm going out with Matt" , Steve almost chocked on air saying "oh , how long have you two been going out". I shook my head saying "no , were just friends" before he could respond Jackson entered the room jumping on my lap saying "I missed you mama" I nodded saying "I missed you too". He then asked "am I staying here tonight" I shook my head saying " no , your stay with daddy is that okay" Jackson sighed saying "I guess". Before I could say anything else I heard the most squeaky and annoying voice in the world say "when what's her name comes back were going-" she then noticed my presence saying "oh Y/n , I didn't-" she then said "never mind that , Steven let's go". Steven did she really just call him that , the only time I had ever heard Steve's full name was when in the second grade he poured yellow paint in my shoes or when he told his parents I was pregnant , even I wasn't allowed to call him that. Steve nodded before saying to Jackson "get your shoes" he nodded before putting his shoes and coat on , he then stood up giving me a hug saying "I'll miss you mama" , I nodded saying "I'll miss you too , be good okay" he nodded before the three of them left . I then began to think of how shocked and almost upset Steve was about me hanging out with my Matt , we were only friends so why would he be bothered by that was Steve jealous.

The following afternoon

It was Monday afternoon and I was standing in front of Steve's apartment , I had debating coming early since I knew Steve had probably left to go get Jackson. Meaning I would be stuck making conversation with Alison , I knocked on the door only to have no reply but a faint voice say "come in". I sighed before opening the front door to find Steve sitting on the couch and Jackosn was nowhere to be seen which only meant one thing.......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 116 39
You just moved out of your parents house and you asked your brother if you can live with him,you then meet 2 other boys,and have a new crush? [Discon...
1.5K 21 18
reunited after losing contact, you can't help but wonder if Bucky is the one for you. But is it mutual? It doesn't seem like it, your timelines never...
66.7K 1.8K 15
You were planning on avoiding him at all costs. But when that plan didn't work out, you became more involved with him than you ever expected. © i do...
1.2K 33 28
Sometimes heroes lose. Sometimes people die. But it's courage, drive, and hope that is required to push those who remain on. And sometimes a rat. Th...