𝙁𝘼𝘾𝘼𝘿𝙀 (𝐚 𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐬...

Von RhodaKadri

Laila Sofela is an easy going, carefree and intelligent sixteen year old orphan that lives with her aunty. He... Mehr

Introduction And Characters
Author Note.
¦Chapter 1¦
¦Chapter 2¦
¦Chapter 3¦
¦Chapter 4¦
¦Chapter 5¦
¦Chapter 6¦
¦Chapter 7¦
¦Chapter 8¦
¦Chapter 9¦
¦Chapter 10¦
¦Chapter 11¦
¦Chapter 12¦
¦Chapter 13¦
¦Chapter 14¦
¦Chapter 15¦
Chapter 16
Author Note
¦Chapter 17¦
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
¦Chapter 20¦
¦Chapter 21¦
¦Chapter 22¦
|Chapter 23 |
¦Chapter 24¦
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Playlist
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 72
¦Chapter 71¦
Appreciation

Chapter 33

1.5K 504 10
Von RhodaKadri

~ Laila ~

The school hour is over and students had begin to leave the class for their respective home. After saying goodbye to Mathias who had to go and take his little sister in the primary building - a task he insisted on doing. I sat in the class to go through some of my notes.

I have only few time to study at home and lately I am too weak to read at night. So I try to read some of my notes before going for swimming practice and then leave for home.

I didn't know when Efosa came into the class until he said hey.

"Hey." He said quietly not to frightened me

"Efosa. Hi." I replied looking at him. He took a seat beside me.

"You look busy."

"Not really. I am just going through my notes." I said gesturing to the notes and printed papers.

"Okay. Do you mind if I tell you something?" He said looking at me intently which makes me feel a little uncomfortable.

The atmosphere was normal just a minute ago but now I am beginning to feel unease.

I just realized the classroom and hallway is already becoming empty.

I nodded trying to hide my nervousness.

"No. Of course not. "

"You are different Laila." He started still loking at me. And I swallow nervously. "You are so unique in a way i can't comprehend. And you are also beautiful and smart. "

I don't think I like where this conversation is heading. "I like you Laila. And I...." He paused.

There is something about the way he talks. I don't know him to be shy but he is acting like one now.

Is he pretending or just lieing to me?

Well i don't care. He is just my friend and nothing more. I made that clear when we met.

"You are my friend and like you as just a friend and classmate, nothing more. I'm sorry. I don't have any other feelings aside that."

"But You don't have a boyfriend. Why can't you give me a chance?"

"How are you so sure I don't have one? But that's not the case, I already told you before, we can only be friends." I said trying to convince him.

"Please Laila. I don't know how to help this feeling I am having for you. Why don't you give me a chance? Please." He begged touching my hands. I slowly remove my hands from his and I can see the hurt in his eyes.

I don't mean to hurt him and I am not enjoying hurting his feelings but I can't help it. I can't give him what he want and this situation is  uncomfortable and weird for me.

"I can't promise what I can't give." I said.

"Is it because of Mathias?" He asked.

What does Mathias have to do with this? Does he think there is something going on between me and Mathias? He is actually wrong if he think so.

"Mathias." I said. "Mathias is my best friend and more like a brother." I said slightly irritated.

"I'm sorry. I misunderstood." He apologized with a sorry look but it quickly change. "So why won't you try going out with me?"

"I can't. I will rather tell you the truth  than lie. This can't work. "

"It can. You can do this. You can give us a chance." He touch my hands again.

I am grateful when I heard someone called my name and I quickly withdraw my hands from Efosa's  feeling relieved.

I look up at my saviour. And the person standing at the entrance of the class shocked me.

Jason.

He is wearing a deep frown on his face and he is staring dagger at Efosa. If look could kill, Efosa will be ten feet underground.

But Efosa just frown angry at Jason for the interruption keeping quiet.

"We need to talk." "Jason said coldly.

I pick up my bag and my books and I quickly excuse myself from Efosa telling him a quiet goodbye with a force smile.

I follow Jason out of the class to the middle of the hall way. After waiting for him to talk and he didn't, I asked angrily.

"What do have to say? "

"What are you doing with him? "He asked. I can tell he is suppressing his anger.

" How is that any of your problem? "

He look at me shocked at my reply. Although he help me escape the uncomfortable situation I was in with Efosa but he seem to be forgetting that he hurt me.

Didn't he remember what he did and say to me a term ago? If he doesn't, I do. And i won't just let it go. It still hurt like yesterday. And what hurt most is I still get affected by him. Just like right now that I am standing in front of him. It is taking all that is in me not to tear up and tell him how I truly feel.

"You don't have anything reasonable to say and you just walk in there and tell me you need to talk. Don't you waste my time if you got nothing to say." I turn around and leave.

I close my eyes tightly not to let the tear drop. It is just a stupid crush that I will eventually get over. I try telling myself.

I am glad I stay strong in front him. I had avoid coming face to face with him since the last time we talk. I'm not sure what I will do if I face him then. I would have just ignore him if I wasn't in an uncomfortable situation with Efosa that I needed to get away from.

It takes every thing in me not to break up in front of him. Deep down I had wish he would apologized or say anything just to soothe my mind from his hurtful word. He is not so dumb not to know his words hurt me that day.

But it never came. Not a single word. He didn't even have anything reasonable to say. A tear fall down my cheek at the thought and I quickly wipe it away.

I'm not going to cry for him again.

****~~~****

~ Jason ~

Laila just walk away from me for the second time. I can tell she is trying so hard not to cry. Her eyes were already turning glassy and her voice is both anger and hurt and something else I can't pin point.

I am shocked that she could actually speak to me. I didn't really expect her to follow me but it look like she had been waiting for a rescue and I came at the perfect time. I am not the least surprised she yelled at me. I knew that was coming. It's just that it didn't turn out to be what i expected. In fact, I expect a worst outburst but she  actually control herself.

There is still this little joy in me that she speak to me. She hadn't talk to me since I said those meaningful word to her. She wouldn't even look at me and anytime our eyes meet, she glare at me and then look away. So this could actually be...good.

But there is the problem of Efosa. Why can't he stay the hell away from her? That guy want to get on my bad side. And it won't end well if he keep this up.

****

Efosa and his friends were playing what Obinna called  a stupid football game. Which I actually agree with him. They suck in the game. And the fools are actually laughing and shouting at the stupid game they are playing.

Efosa kick the ball to a shot and it hit the side of the bench Obinna was sitting on. The amusement on his face disappear and turn to a scowl.

He pick the ball and I saw one of Efosa friend approaching.

"Hey, the ball." He said nodding at the ball in Obinna hand.

"Come get it." Obinna said.

I guess he notice his tone and he suddenly look doubtful and uncomfortable. He look from Obinna to the ball and then to the rest of us.

"Just give it over. You are wasting our time." Efosa who didn't know what is going on said from afar. When he saw that Obinna refuse to give him the ball, he jog over to where we sit.

"What's going on man? Hand over the ball. "

"You should have control that ugly legs of yours when you kick the shot." Favour said.

"You better get out of our sight." Saheed growl.

"I'm not leaving here without the ball."Efosa said. The first boy, his friend who came to take the ball had begin to look fearful. He touch Efosa on the arm urging him to give it up. But Efosa didn't seem to notice him.

He turn to look at me." He is your friend, ask him to give me the ball. "

I have been waiting for this. I have been looking for the right opportunity to show this guy who I really am.

I take the ball from Obinna and roll it.

"Just do what they say." I said calmly. "You are not getting this ball.... ever."

"You are kidding right?" He scoff. "It's not your ball and you will return it."

"We don’t change our mind. Leave." My voice had begin to turn stone cold.

He laugh hysterically. And then frown. 

"Give me the ball Johnson."

He call my surname. This guy is actually daring me. I know deep well that his friends would have told him what kind of person I and my friends are. He want to step on my wrong side knowing everything.

This boy is real in for trouble.

I stretch my hand toward my friend. I saw Saheed nodded at Favour. He brought something from his bag. It is a scissors. I took it and open it then I use the sharp part to pierce a hole in it then distort the ball.

The shock on Efosa face is priceless. And that gives me satisfaction. George also smirk looking proud.

"You can now have it since you are so desperate for it." I throw the damage ball at his feet.

He was burning with anger. But I don't give a damn.

I don't care.

In fact, I like seeing him angry and  knowing i am the reason for it brings me joy.

That's for trying to take what is mine.

I stood up and walk away from the group. My friends join me minutes later.

####

Please don't forget to tap that little star below. It's really encourage me. Thanks for the love.
R.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

472 69 14
I sat in my bed looking around for what to do. I decided not to go to school today because I was hellbent on avoiding Justin after yesterday's event...
34.4K 7.5K 60
"Jace stop"I murmured in between his lips. "Michelle,It has always been you"Jace whispered. "Please stop,love isn't real in your world so why now...
34K 7K 47
Started- May 07 2020 Completed- July 26 2020 Highest Rankings #1 in lekki (4/08/2020) #1 naija stars (5/08/2020) #5 in secondary school(17/07/2020) #...
5.1K 1.3K 36
•ᑕOᗰᑭᒪᗴTᗴᗪ• •ᗴᗪITIᑎᘜ• Sewn together, meant to never fall apart; that's how a family is supposed to be. Secrets -- everyone has them. But Ruby Grayso...