BestFriends {book 1}

By LoveJorr

Tiara and Keenan were as close as anyone could be, they've been best friends since freshmen year of high scho... More

Cast :
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
Announcement !!
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
I need opinions !!!
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
Book Two.

22.

6.4K 225 95
By LoveJorr

I'm normally never the type to claim that whole 'new year new me' saying. But I feel like this upcoming year I'm gonna give that.

Obviously I must be doing something wrong for me to be so sad all the time. I don't know, my mind just likes to go crazy, some situations even when I know it's not my fault I still sometimes take the blame. That's just how I get.

But back to my resolution. My resolution for this year is to just be happy. Be selfishly happy. I've always been the type to put others first before I even put myself first and that seems to result in me with my feelings hurt and I'm so so tired of being sad.

I want to approach this new semester on a clean slate. I haven't really spoken to Keenan in about two weeks which for me is great. Of course I still want my best friend in my life but at the same time I wanna learn to move without him.

He's been so flippy floppy lately that I can't even keep up with it. I never know when's the next time he's gonna decide that he doesn't want me in his life, or when he's gonna make a decision that he feels is right for us without actually having that discussion with me.

Tonight we are hanging together for New Years and the girls are flying in to come and party with us. Along with some of Keenan's friends from home. We haven't really heard much from Anthony since Christmas. I do hope everything is okay with him.

I was on my way to the airport to go pick up Kendall and Skylar. Lani is spending New Years with her mother and sister like she always does. She told us that it's one of their special tradition that she refuses to break. Cassie on the other hand, is staying in New York and partying with her sisters.

Kendall and Skylar both found flights with the same time of arrival even though they were coming from different areas. So hopefully, they both get here at the same time.

I arrived at the airport and stayed in my car until their arrival. I got a text from both of them stating that they were here and heading out of the airport.

I saw Skylar walk out and I honked my horn obnoxiously to get her attention, she was laughing while walking to my car. "Okayyyy I see you and hear you" she said into my window. "Took you long enough" I said back to her while popping my trunk.

Not even minutes later and Kendall was walking out of the airport. I started to do the same thing until Skylar just decided to shout her name. "You're no fun" I said to her and laughed

"Heyyyyyy" Kendall ran to the car excitedly "girl come on!!! We got stuff to do!" I said to her. She put her bags in the trunk, hopped in the backseat and we were on our way.

"So y'all I just thought of something while I was waiting for you guys to get here" I spoke out loud.

"Oh lord what is it?" Skylar asked. "So I think I wanna cut my hair" I smiled.

They looked at each other and then looked at me. "I hope you mean like a little trim" Kendall said. "I was thinking more of neck length" I cheesed.

"Oh my god Ti!!!! Are you for real? You've always had long pretty thick healthy hair! Even when we were younger you always had hair down your back" Skylar stated.

"I know but I really wanna try something new"

"You sure you don't just wanna get a quick weave?" Kendall asked "that's definitely always an option" Skylar added.

"Well .. I mean I could"

"Yes. Braid that hair up and throw some inches on it! Do not cut that gorgeous hair of yours I swear to god. I will fight you" Skylar said.

"Girl this my damn head" I laughed. "I know but still. You're my best friend so technically it's our damn head".

We all laughed and then headed to the closest hair store. I parked the car and we got out.

"Yes! They have my favorite lip glosses. Back home they ran out I was so heated" Kendall said. "Have you tried the new argan oil one?" Skylar asked her. "Nope but I will be today".

Kendall picked up one of each flavor.

"My favorite is the rose one but I guess I'll be different and get all five" I picked them up.

"Oh yeah mango, that one is cute but that tangy smell irritates me" Skylar stated while also picking out the flavors she wanted.

I walked towards the back of the store to grab the hair I needed for this quick weave installment. "Did you book your appointment?" Kendall asked "Skylar's doing it for me" I told her.

"I didn't know you did hair!"

"Yeah, Tiara always let me practice on her which is why I know how great her hair is and why I refused to let her cut it. But yes I do a lor something something every now and then"

"You have a business?" Kendall asked her.

"Yes I'm in the process of opening up a shop in D.C., I've just been trying to find another hairstylist or two to open the store up with. I really just look for the local girls who're working out of their homes," she explained.

"Aw that's so good! Do you work with mixed people hair?"

"I can work with any and all types of hair. No matter the ethnicity or texture".

"Alright I found it!" I said while grabbing the hair I needed and then walked towards the register to pay for my things.

We got back into the car, stopped at subway to grab something to eat then we went straight to my place.

"Motherrrrrr I'm home with guest!" I said loudly enough so my mother could hear me from upstairs. I heard her footsteps from upstairs , running down the stairs to come and greets us at the door.

"Is that Skylar!!!!" My mother be so excited to see my friends more than me. Skylar opened her arms wide for my mother to engulf her into a big hug. "I haven't seen you in years ! How are you doing! My darling?" My mother asked her. "Wait before you begin! You must be Kendall! Hi!" My mother also gave her a huge hug. "I like your mom already" Kendall said. And we all laughed.

"Yeah she's a hugger get use to it" we all turned around and it was Tay'Vian coming over to hug Skylar and meet Kendall.

"So like can I go out with you guys tonight?" She asked us. "Tay now you know damn well, you not going out with them. Aren't you going to a house party anyways with Courtney and Niyah?" She asked her "yeahhhh but we wanted to join Tiara and her friends at the party they're going to" Tay'Vian said. "No" my mother said. Tay'Vian left it alone because once our mom has her mind made up. There's no changing it.

"Moms tell me why Tiara told us she wanted to cut her hair!" Skylar said "oh no she didn't, oh no you're not" my mother looked at me "yeah , you're dumb if you think we're allowing you to do that" Tay'Vian said "don't say dumb" my mother laughed at her and poked her on her shoulder.

"We convinced her to just do a quick weave" Kendall said. My mother raised her eyebrow then looked back at me. I watched her remember that Kendall was mixed so she does know a little something about the weave life.

"Baby I forgot you were mixed" my mother mentioned "yeah it's fine. I get that a lot, even though Hispanics don't wear weave too much I still wanted to see what it was about and I like the concept of it. I hate wearing my real hair out all the time so the weaves have came in handy for me a few times" she explained.

"Oh baby we're not here to judge. You can do whatever you want with your hair. I was just having a slow moment" my mother mentioned.

"But yes a quick weave is exactly where it's at, you not cutting that hair child" she added.

"I know I know, we're about to go get started on it now" we took all our things and headed straight to my room.

"Y'all know what y'all wearing tonight?" Kendall asked "something that involves rainbows for sure" Skylar said. "You're so damn colorful" Kendall joked "and you guys love everything about it!!!" She smiled.

"I'm giving black... and that's all I know" I told her "yeah I was thinking about giving black with this white corset I brought just because" she pulled out the white corset and showed it to us. "I like it" I said , Skylar nodded her head in agreement.

"Is your hair already washed or do I need to wash it for you?" Skylar asked me.

"I did all that before I came and picked you guys up" I told her while taking my hair out the messy bun I had it trapped in.

"Oh great. Saves us a lot of time." Skylar sat down on my bed and I sat in between her legs on my floor.

"You have your special oils?" She asked me, "yup right in the bin they're always in" I told her. She went over to grab them and then started braiding my hair.

"Special oils?" Kendall asked "yeah my mother came up with this concoction to help keep my hair thick and healthy, it's my little secret to all of this" I explained to her "that sounds like this clay my mom made for our face. Hence why my skin is always clear and vibrant" she smiled.

"Well please pass that this way" Skylar said. "Sure I got y'all on her next batch" she told us.

Skylar took no longer than twenty minutes to braid my hair. "You want me to glue the cap down with gel or sew it?" She asked "I don't feel like all that build up product so can you sew it if you don't mind?" I asked her.

She grabbed the needle and thread out her purse and started getting it together.

"So where's Keenan and his guys?" Kendall asked "I think they're going to be getting here around 8" I looked at the clock and it said 5.

"How has everything been since the situation? If you don't mind me asking"

"Well. I haven't heard from or spoken to Korey since thanksgiving. I mean he tried contacting me throughout that whole week but once another Thursday had passed I believe he got the hint" I told them.

"So you're really done done with him?" Skylar asked.

"Yeah I don't want no parts of that. He made his decision. A decision he's sticking too, I had to let him go."

"Well are you gonna be like supportive of the whole thing?"

I looked at Kendall like she was crazy "that sounds like something Lani would say. As much as I wanna support him and be there for him. I simply can't. Yes we were broken up and he has every right to do as he please. But we were barely out of our relationship and he got another girl pregnant. I just , I can't be around that right now" I spoke truthfully.

"I understand".

"What about Keenan?" Skylar asked.

"I wanna learn to move without him. For the last few years of my life it's always been Tiara and Keenan. Keenan and Tiara. I don't want it to be like that anymore only because of the fact he's been so up and down lately I'm tired of getting my feelings hurt. So of course we're still gonna be best friends. But not up each other's asśes like normal".

"I think that's a great idea and maybe nowwwww you can focus on Anthony. A man who will do you right" Kendall said.

"Now that I agree with!" Skylar added.

"We have been texting more again. He's been there for me. Checking up on me. He calls me from time to time. Haven't heard from him since Christmas though, so I hope everything's okay".

"Yeah I peeped he's been very quiet in the group chat" Kendall spoke.

Skylar finally started sewing the cap down on my hair. After she was done she began to glue the hair down on the cap. She does it row by row and after every time she blow dries it to make sure the glue is for sure sticking.

"How short we talking?" She asked me "neck length" I answered "you know I have to cut some of your real hair in the front right since you have some leave out?" She asked me.

"Yeah , the next time I get my ends clipped, I'll just have my mom cut it into layers" I told her.

She then started cutting the hair.

It was now 6:30pm and we all started to get ready. "I really like this cut!" My mother came into the room with us while we were getting ready. "Yeah me too. She did so good" I said while running my fingers through my hair.

Skylar and Kendall took showers and I took mine last. After we were all cleaned up, we all started doing our makeup and getting ready for tonight.

Now it's 8:00 and Keenan was downstairs with his friends Travis and Noah.

"She was not kidding about rainbow" Kendall said while looking at Skylar.
"Nope" Skylar said.

@skylarrr : yktv🧡 happy New Years

"The corset turned out so cute" I said to Kendall "yeah I like it , it adds a little flavor".

@kendall.karter : brunettes have more fun ;)

"That dress is bomb Ti!" Skylar spoke "definitely. Coming into the new year with a bang. And a new cut" Kendall added.

@Tiara.Gold : nothing to be said ... 🖤

"Are we ready?" I asked them "yup" they both responded and we made our way downstairs, ready to get the night started.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Little do they know what's about to happennnnn during their night of partying !!!

But this was just a quick filler chapter to prepare you guys and the characters for what's about to go down.

Thank you guys for the reads ! This story gained over 600 reads in like 3/4 days and I cannot thank you guys enough!!!!

Alsooooo! there will be a double update so make sure you lookout for the notification !!!

XxJordyn

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.6K 2.9K 37
ᴅɪᴠᴇʀɢᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘ ɪɴ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ.
154K 11.7K 13
Her şey bana gelen mektupla başlamıştı. Ufacık bir not kağıdında yazan şeyler büyük olaylara ve hayatımın değişmesine yol açmıştı. Ben kendimden emin...
10.6K 174 7
that's not my neighbor oneshots! cover made poorly by me 🙀 |Slow updates 😔|
186K 7.9K 200
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...