Alpha Without a Pack...

By Puppies59

She was born to lead a pack, but she's just starting her journey to freedom and family... Sidney Blake never... More

Deleting Account Notice
Vote for new Cover
Short Character bio's
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
The End (sort of)

Chapter 87

2K 132 8
By Puppies59

                                                Sidney

Fury. Ice cold fury was pumping in my veins as I took the lunge at the fool who had kidnapped and threatened my boys, my friends. It was him alone that stood between me and saving them now and I would not let him win, no matter the cost the Shaw pack had to leave here alive. I saw him brace for the attack he saw coming, raising an arm to defend his throat but standing his ground. He had done exactly what I'd wanted, taking my mock attack as real with the ferocity behind it, but that was what I'd been counting on. In mid air I pivoted ever so slightly, letting my shift ripple back over me so quickly that he couldn't react as I shot a leg out and knocked him off his feet, the impact sent him skidding in the sand a few feet backward.

 I sneered down at him ignoring the whistles from the crowd at my now naked body, he rolled to his feet as he braced for another attack and I raised a brow in challenge to his defensive stance. "I thought you were concerned about your modesty?!" He snapped on a snarl. "I'm not some fool Ian my modesty left me a long time ago, it's kind of pathetic if you actually believed that in the first place. I have to say though I was expecting a harder fight than this, are you sure YOU are the reigning champ because all I see is a poor idiot cowering in defensive posture. A real champ never underestimates their opponent, you clearly underestimate me if I've already knocked you off your feet." I laughed in his face.

 I could see the beast flicker in his eyes, no male liked being made fun of especially not one as cocky as him and in the top position for as long as he'd been. "Watch it little wolf, I'm not a beast you want to anger." He growled. "Perhaps not, but you are the beast that I want to rip apart, the first thing I think I'll do is make sure you'll never be able to have pups again." The threat was a purr from my lips, and this time he did charge me, I took his punch to my stomach and rolled in the damp sand, doing my best to ignore the origin of that dampness. The blow stung but I was pumped with enough adrenaline that it barely made any difference, the momentum he'd gave me made grabbing the knife I'd buried from another challenger all the easier. 

I pulled the blade free from the sand and threw it, he jumped back but wasn't quick enough to completely avoid the throw, the blade sliced through his inner thigh leaving a trail of blood running down his pants leg. "Oh, so close." I huffed as I stood and shook myself off a bit. "You little b****!" He snarled. "Aww do you honestly think the name calling is going to bother me, I've been doing these fights just as long if not longer than you pup." I mocked him with a sneer. "You are so going to regret that." He growled back his muscles tensing in tight coils ready to spring for me. "I've had enough of the chatter, let's get to the good part shall we?" I raised as he sprung, I dodged his attack and backed off, inviting his chase.

 Usually with an opponent like him I'd take the time to wear him down but I didn't have the time or energy for that now, I was going to have to put everything I had into this fight before my time was up. His next lunge I counteracted easily, his moves were wary, he had been watching me fight for the last hour and yet I'd still knocked him off his feet in the first five minutes. It was clear he didn't know what to expect from me and that was making him nervous, after all he'd never fought another wolf that had been enhanced in that place of horrors and neither had I, we were both in new territory this time around. 

I was a bit surprised when he stepped back to take the time in slipping out of his pants before tossing them to the sand. I snorted at the little show as the swooning in the audience intensified, he posed as if he thought he was impressive, he really wasn't, even without the fact that my main focus was ripping him to shreds. "Like what you see?" He flexed and I couldn't help snickering, until my gaze caught the now pink scar on his thigh and I paused. I had just sent the blade through his skin and already the wound was sealed shut and healing at an alarming rate, all thanks to his own healing enhancement. 

"Nah, murderous bounty hunters aren't really my type, but there is one thing that might make the view a bit more attractive." I scoffed to his frown. "I would love to see every inch of you in shreds, with the red of your blood painting my victory in the very same you stand on." I hissed as he shifted on a growl, I shifted one millisecond after him. This time our charges were a flurry of flying fur as our wolf forms collided, snapping jaws and tearing teeth as I tore into any part of him I could reach. His blood on my tongue brought a thrill to the beast even as he sank his teeth into the back of my shoulders, an attack I couldn't avoid in such close quarters. I slammed my weight in too his side to loosen his hold as I tore away from him and jumped back with the snap of my jaws, he spat out the chunk of my fur hanging loosely in his jaws.

 "Afraid?" The link came through clearly and I hated his voice in my head as I let my muzzle curled in irritation. "Of you? Never!" I linked back on a snarl of challenge. This time I lunged and sank my teeth into his shoulder and he threw me off with so much force that I slammed into the wall ten feet away. I was on my feet again and dodging his next attack the next second, shaking off the sting of pain, that hit had definitely broken something. My reaction time was slowing down but my instincts to survive were pounding me to continue, I couldn't lose this fight, I wouldn't let myself lose. 

The most irritating thing of all however was the fact that I'd gotten some fairly nasty attacks on him as well but the wounds were healing almost as quickly as I created them, meanwhile the wounds from my previous challengers were still very much present. "Don't you see little wolf, this is a fight you can't win, I heal faster than you, you can't kill me." He mocked into my mind as we circled each other slowly. "The fact that you bleed and the scars that you have, I most certainly will kill you, it just might take a little longer than I want it to." I snarled back. "Even if you tore me to shreds and kept the wounds open you'd still bleed out before I would." He remarked coldly through the link. 

I didn't respond because there was a decent chance that he was right with the wounds I had now and his stupidly quick healing capabilities. "Don't listen to him you've got this, make us proud Sid!" The shout had my head swiveling to the call from the cage, the cheers of my boys. A foolish move considering my circumstances, I knew better than to take my eyes away from a fighter. I should have not let them distract me because in the second of my distraction Ian lunged forward sinking his teeth into my injured leg and pulling. I yelped in pain as the loud pop of the joint dislocating rang out around us, I snapped at his face, drawing blood before he could dodge out of my range completely.

 I couldn't put weight on it like that and having a leg dragging behind me was only going to hinder my fight more, that left me only one option. So gritting my teeth and sucking up the pain aspect I shifted with a snarl, grabbing hold of my injured leg and popping it back into place with a hiss. This seemed to surprise him some as he shifted back as well, hovering over his pants in a position that had me on edge, something didn't feel right suddenly and I didn't like it. "You've got guts little wolf not many can take the pain of a shift like that one, but even you have your limit of pain you can take, don't you." He remarked with a dangerous grin. "Why not end this now, we don't need to push those limits just for a little infatuation with the losers in the cage." He purred out.

 "Every single one of those 'losers' is a better man than you'll ever be, they won't die in this ring if I have anything to say about it." I snapped back as I crouched ready to spring again, clearly showing him that his move to wipe out my leg entirely hadn't worked. "You know an old friend of yours said you would say that, he must hate you now or maybe he felt sorry for me even, since he gave me a little something to help convince you otherwise." He murmured lowly as he dug into his pants pocket, my defensive instincts kicked into overdrive. I didn't know what he had but I knew it couldn't be good, I had to stop him from using the unknown threat against me.

 I didn't give myself time to think as I charged him tackling him to the ground as we grappled over whatever he'd been reaching for. He tried to rip me off him with his free hand but I kicked his hand from his pocket and watched as two small viles flew out and landed somewhere in the sand. I considered it a small relief that they were out of his reach for now as he grabbed my ankle with the fist I'd just kicked. "Nice try girly but I came with a backup." He chuckled darkly. I tried to kick free as I caught sight of a third vile hidden in his fist, but it was already too late. I felt the tiny prick of a needle against my ankle as he threw me again, this time towards the middle of the pit. 

I had just regained my feet and taken a breath to curse him out when the pain registered, it was worse than anything I'd faced before. The sudden and surprising agony had my breath leaving me on a tortured scream as I collapsed to the sand. I could feel the scorching pain moving through me from the burn in my ankle, I would have continued screaming in agony if I hadn't run out of oxygen. "Interesting the pain they can inflict with a single needle isn't it? They knew you had an immunity to the old poison so they whipped up something new and especially nasty, just for you." Ian hums out as he crouched beside brushing aside a strand of my hair, studying my face.

 I want to rip him apart, to push away his hand, but I can't move, my muscles won't cooperate with me, they are spasming out of control all on their own. "You see it's a new drug that hits you in waves of awful, the first stage you feel is the agony of the poison coursing through your bloodstream, that stage lasts until it leaves your system. You little wolf are feeling the second stage now, where the poison attacks your muscles, making them spasm uncontrollably. The next stage takes a while to kick in but attacks your central nervous system slowly but surely, and if not treated results in a very agonizing death." He growled softly, I was gasping for air as I tried to regain control over the poisonous effects.

 "Last chance, this can all end if you concede now, give in and the pain can stop." He soothed but only ignited a new fury inside me, I was an alpha I would not concede. "Never!" The word was a snarl as I pushed back enough of the pain to elbow him in the jaw. He grunted as he strode to the wall and pulled free a large ax as I fought to prop myself onto my hands and knees. I had barely succeeded when I collapsed to the sand again, my muscles in my arms giving out. The wave of pain running through me was so excruciating that I couldn't catch my breath, my vision was going spotty and I could feel the darkness fighting to pull me under. 

Part of me wanted to succumb to it and erase some of my pain, but Ian was coming back with the ax now, and I knew he planned to kill me. A small part of me wanted the peace from my pain but it wasn't just my life I'd be giving up, it was also the lives of twelve boys I knew I couldn't live without. The boys that had given me all I ever wanted and risked everything for me, they were my friends and so much more, I had to fight for them. I fought helplessly to regain my feet from this poison pinning me, the beast stirred inside me with new purpose. We were not fighting as a single nomad anymore, we were an alpha and it was time to protect our pack. 

"Very well then, if you won't give yourself to me then you may die with them!" I saw Ian raise the ax with his shout, and I'd only just fought my way to my hands and knees again, I was still moving too slow on my own. "MOVE!" The surge that burst threw me had me rolling away just as the ax came down to the sand, an inch away from my neck, the beast had saved me yet again. "What the..." I cut Ian off with a snarl, he seemed shocked by my speedy evasion. Slowly but surely I stood to face him down as the power in me  surged out, there were gasps as my alpha power slammed into the crowd. 

"Did you honestly think that I would let you win Ian? My name is Sidney Blake, I am an alpha, and I will not yield control to you or anyone or anything else, including the poison coursing through my veins. They may have caged me in and beat me down but no one has ever broken my fighting spirit, I've got a newsflash for you West." I snarled as I stalked forward he lost his grip on the ax, stunned by the beast shining in my eyes and the power rolling off me. "The Shaw pack is mine, and I will kill anyone who gets in my way of protecting them!" I hissed as I shifted and attacked, he followed suit, battling the new desperation of the fight.

 I was flowing with a new surge of power but the pain accompanying my exhausted fuel tank meant the surges of strength only came in short bursts. I was ripping him up the best that I could when a new wave of painful spasms hit me, he took that moment to wrap his jaws around my throat, pinning me to the sand with the snarling shake of his head. "It's over." His link slammed my mind as I caught sight of a silver vile laying in the sand beneath him. "Not yet it isn't." I linked back, shifting and jabbing the vile into his stomach as his teeth sunk deeper into my neck.

 I kicked him off me, the painful poison forced him to shift as he howled painfully, gasping for air and sprawled on his back with muscle spasms of his own. I fought my way back to my feet as I grabbed the ax he'd dropped and stalked towards him staring up at me in agony. "Now it's over." I puffed as I raised the ax and brought it down full force on his neck. I highly doubted decapitation was something the enhanced f***er could come back from, I dropped the ax to the blood soaked ground just as the final bell chimed. I panted to catch my breath as I looked up to hold Nash's furious gaze, I had won the fight but at what cost.

*So what'd you think of that one? Any guesses on what might happen next? Hehehe... Enjoy.*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.8K 2.9K 19
فيصل بحده وعصبيه نطق: ان ماخذيتك وربيتك ماكون ولد محمد الوجد ببرود وعناد : ان مارفضتك ماكون بنت تركي !
5.1M 45.2K 53
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...
65.7K 1.7K 27
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...