Collide : A Robsten Fanficti...

By KathrynYule

It has been 5 years since the Robsten ship sanked, everybody went back to their merry lives. Except, of cou... More

Collide
Chapter 1 : Another Blonde
Chapter 2 : Graham Norton and Equals
Chapter 3 : Lizzy
Chapter 4 : Cannes 2012
Chapter 5 : Chateau Marmont
Chapter 6 : Marlowe
Chapter 7 : Knocked off course
Chapter 8 : Birthdays and Retributions
Chapter 9 : Another Birthday
Chapter 10 : Meet Thomas
Chapter 11 : Bun in the Oven
Chapter 12 : The Silver Child
Chapter 13 : Regrets
Chapter 14 : Robert Douglas Thomas Pattinson
Chapter 15 : The Bowery
Chapter 16 : The Stuffed Lobster
Chapter 17 : Hopeless
Chapter 18 : 2445 miles
Chapter 19 : Tomodachi
Chapter 20 : Brussels Sprouts
Chapter 21 : First Kiss
Chapter 22 : Third time's the charm
Chapter 23 : Sushi Dates
Chapter 24 : In-N-Out
Chapter 25 : Sleepless
Chapter 26 : Spontaneous Combustion
Chapter 27 : White Linen
Chapter 28 : Conspiracies
Chapter 29 : Elusive Lover
Chapter 30 : Liebloid
Chapter 31 : Katy's Antics
Chapter 32 : Just Friends
Chapter 33 : Twilight
Chapter 34 : Clean Slate
Chapter 35 : Cookie Dough
Chapter 36 : LA Pack
Chapter 37 : Turmoil
Chapter 38 : A Kiss
Chapter 39 : Honest Questions
Chapter 40 : Chicken Rice
Chapter 41 : Denial.Anger.Bargaining.
Chapter 42 : Fallin' out
Chapter 43 : Aberdeen
Chapter 44 : In Her Defense
Chapter 45 : In Her Defense 2
Chapter 46 : Koi Ponds
Chapter 47 : Hesitations
Chapter 48 : Apple Tree Lodge
Chapter 49 : Isle of Wight
Chapter 50 : Sunset Bikini
Chapter 51 : Frozen Hearts
Chapter 52 : Jealous Hearts
Chapter 53: Secret White Party
Chapter 55 : White Tulips
Chapter 56 : Nightmares
Chapter 57 : Vanilla Wedding Cake
Chapter 58 : Aftermath
Chapter 59 : Ugly Love
Chapter 60 : Chasing Rainbows
Chapter 61 : Expecting Sushi
Chapter 62 : Victims
Chapter 63 : Beloved
Chapter 64 : Idiots of the UK
Chapter 65 : Roses
Chapter 66: Soulmates
Chapter 67 : Sweet and Sour Chicken

Chapter 54 : New Year

847 15 7
By KathrynYule

December 31 2015, Los Angeles

"I'm so glad you could come Kris!" Rosanna said as she hugged me for the second time tonight.

"Okay enough enough, reserve some for next year" Nicholas said as she pulled me out of Rosanna's arms and walked me to the kitchen.

I looked at his smug look and when he glanced and saw me looking it turned to a guilty one.

"You didn't tell them did you?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Tell them what?" Nicholas asked confused.

"That we're not going out anymore!" I exclaimed.

Nicholas sighed. "I'm sorry. I just never found the time to mention it."

I was silent and I just couldn't help but look at him for a moment. We haven't really talked after the fall-out and somehow I feel a little guilty for suddenly abandoning him without reason.

He knew I got back together with Rob of course, some of our friends knew now, but I'm not really sure they knew we're already taking it to the next level.

"You know it's okay.  I'll explain it later to Rose..." I smiled sadly. Rosanna was great and she was just Nic's sister before, but now she's a good friend too.

It's the reason why I can't skip this party. I actually told Rob I was coming over. He was a little grumpy about it but he said it was okay after I told him he had nothing to worry about. I thought about it again and I can't help but question his sudden acquiescence.

"Hey...you're getting lost in your thoughts again." Nic said.

We were sitting at the balcony and sipping our wine, opting out of the noise inside. It's still a few hours till midnight, and it was better to wait for it here. I think it was a perfect time to talk about things with Nic.

I glanced at him and smiled.

"You remember back then when you helped me out through a tough time?" I asked. He nods. "I think I forgot to thank you for that."

"No need to thank me....just a friend helping out a friend" He smiled as he pat me on the back.

"No Nic...you don't understand how grateful I am. It's only now that I realized that after that thing me and Rob went through and the few months that we actually went out together and him suddenly coming back...I never..." I glanced at him wondering if he ever knew what I was getting at. "I never heard you say anything bad about him...you never even tried to spoil him in my eyes. You were just there being supportive and you never judged me for choosing to get back together with him." I finished and somehow I can't help but realize how much I love this friend of mine.

He just smiled sincerely and draw me in for a hug.

"I love you Nic, you know that right? as a friend..." I whispered. He didn't say anything but I felt him nod while we hug each other. Suddenly, I just felt the timing was right to tell him. "I'm getting married in 3 days." I whispered and felt him go still in my arms.

"You're getting married?" He asked as if he couldn't believe the first time I said it. He broke free from our hug and stared at me for a few moments. "...with Rob?"

"Who else? Silly." I laughed, playfully hitting him.

"Oh..." He sounded. I realized I shocked him but I really didn't expect him to react like this.

"Are you okay?" I asked concerned.

"Of  course, of course!" He exclaimed and draw me to a tight hug again. "I'm so happy for you" He said as he squeezed me and planting a kiss on my hair, thereafter.

"Thanks..." I managed to squeak. "...too tight..." I mumbled and laughed as he let me go.

We just sat there laughing for a while, no words were exchanged, just fond smiles at each other. Somehow I can't help but feel that Nic was suddenly uncomfortable.

"Hey...you know what? I think I promised Rose that I'll go handle the fireworks...will you be okay?" He asked suddenly standing up.

"Umm...okay" I murmured surprised of his sudden change of mood.

"Okay...see you later!" I waved and sighed. There's so many things in my mind right now but I can't help but grin still.

Yes. I can't help but grin coz my heart is so full and excited.  I can't help but think about Rob, missing him, wishing he was here with me right now instead of an ocean apart. I wish I could kiss him when the ball drops. I love him so much my heart is bursting with it. I'm marrying him in three days and no one could argue with me if I think I'm the luckiest girl in the world right now. I sighed happily.

I wonder what he's doing right now. It's already 2016 over there and he hasn't called ever since I called him earlier.

December 31, 2015, London

"What are you doing? Drinking yourself to oblivion?" Jamie asked as he sat right next to me at the bar.

We were at our usual pub with the boys and their girls waiting for New Year. It was an hour before New Year and Kristen just called me. She said she was getting ready for a party at Rosanna Hoult's place later tonight. I did a double take at first but I decided to be honest about it and asked her if she was going to see Nicholas.

"I think so...I mean she's his sister and aside from her he doesn't have any family here." She said calmly while I hear her fixing something in the kitchen while the dogs bark at the background.

"I'm just...."I hesitated, wondering for a moment if it was wise to bring a subject like that out there right now.

I mean we're getting married in 3 days, I shouldn't be worrying about anything anymore.

"Rob...don't you want me to go? I totally understand though. I mean I knew I promised but I could just explain to Rose that I'm spending it with mom instead." She sighed and I knew I was being unfair again.

"So are you going to Jules then?" I asked.

"No...she's at Chicago right now. It's okay. I'll stay here with the dogs." She said. I can actually see her sighing softly and I knew I was being an ass for depriving her of her commitments just because I was jealous. "Honey, don't worry...I'll be fine. I love you."

That did it. "No just go to Rosanna's place." I murmured.

"What? Really?" She asked.

"Yeah..." I replied.

"Are you sure?" She hesitated.

"Yes, I'm sure." I said clearly.

"That's great!" I hear her exclaim on the other hand. "Thank you! You've got nothing to worry about, I'll be fine."

Yes I'm sure she'll be fine. The image of her stunning and beautiful and with that other guy in the room was enough to fuel the silent doubts that was still eating at him.

"Rose will be so happy." She giggled. "It's her first time hosting." she said as she continued explaining.

"Good for her...Kris I gotta go. It's gonna start getting noisy here in a few minutes. I'll talk to you later. Okay?" I hurried.

"Oh! Okay! I love you! Bye!" She replied.

"Bye.." I murmured then turned off the phone.

"Hey Rob...you seem a little disinclined to talk...I think I'll leave you here for now" Jamie patted me on the back and went off his way.

It wasn't long before Sam took his place.

"Thinking about the wedding?" He asked.

It was only Tom and Sam that knew about it. Even Mom and Dad don't know about it yet. I'll just probably tell them before I fly back to LA.

I nod a little.

"Why the long face then? Is she off running with someone new already?" Sam snickered.

"If you say anything foul about my future wife again you'll find yourself with a blackened eye on the first day of 2016." I calmly informed him without looking at him.

"I'm kidding Rob. Just think of me as a sound of reason, when everybody else tells you something, I'd be the one telling you about the other end of the spectrum" He said, confident in his position as my best friend.

"Kristen's just attending Rosanna's party tonight" I murmured before I took a big gulp of the scotch I had in my hand.

"Rosanna? Rosanna Hoult?" Sam guffawed. "So her ex-boyfriend's gonna be there too?" He asked referring to Nic.

"Probably..." I shrugged.

"Sly...." He scoffed and raised a hand in surrender as I turned to him with a threatening look. "Kidding! I was kidding...geez..."

"I swear Sam...you don't get to talk about her like that." I warned.

"I wouldn't if she didn't give me reason to distrust her before..." He murmured. "She knew what she was doing when she cheated on..."

I stood up so fast Sam didn't even see my fist connecting with his nose. I pummeled him to the ground amidst the gawking crowd and that's when I felt some of our friends breaking us apart. 

"Rob! Stop!" I hear Jamie and then Bobby even with the ringing in my ears.  Sam was able to throw a clean uppercut in defense while we rolled around on the floor of the pub.

It was after a few exchanges when they were able to break us up. Jamie brought me outside to clear my head.

"What the hell was that all about?!" He asked panting from the incident.

"He's a piece of shit." I spit out blood on the curb and wiped my face on my sleeve as I sat on the sidewalk and contemplated my actions.

"Do you wanna tell me why you think he was a piece of shit?" Jamie gestured. The look of bafflement evident on his face.

"He insulted Kristen." I murmured.

"What?" He asked.

"He insulted Kristen!" I almost bellowed.

"Kristen Stewart?!" The look of bafflement is now obvious confusion. He didn't know we got back together. Only a few knew about us.

I stood up to face him. "We got back together and I'm marrying her in three days time." I said.

"What? Wait...what? When did this happen?" He clarified again, unable to believe the speed of things, probably.

"I realized I can't live without her.  I just can't Jamie...she's everything to me. When we broke up I was like a lost person not knowing where to go, what to do. I didn't have any specific direction. When I saw her again and saw her with somebody new I couldn't handle it. I couldn't handle the thought of losing her and I was so afraid so I had to get her back again...I had to! Do you understand me? She's my life." I poured out everything I was keeping inside. Even Kristen wasn't able to hear this...but I had to get it out this evening.  "I was confident. I know we're okay.  Then she called that she was going to a party and might be seeing Nic and I know I should trust her by now...but somehow Sam urging on my doubts and I'm being a damn fucking coward again...."

"Hey..hey hey." Jamie said as he reached and clasped me to him. "I understand....wow...this is all happening so fast. Are you sure of what you're doing?"

"Yes...I love her so much Jamie..." I sighed.

"You do realize Sam's only looking out for you?" He said but I frowned at him. "Very bad choice of words sometimes though..." He nodded.

I pat him on the back as thanks before I straightened myself.

"I think I'm gonna head home" I murmured realizing I'm sobering up already. I turned to hail an approaching cab. Before I got in, Jamie stopped me.

"Hey Rob...I wish you happiness. Just don't get your heart broken again okay? Sam has his reasons you know."

I nodded and went in and told the cab to take me to Barnes.

No New Year's Party for me tonight. I sighed. Before we got far, I hear an incoming message beep.

It was Sam.

Happy New Year, Don't say I didn't warn you.

Along with the message was a blurry picture of a guy hugging a girl on the balcony. There was no mistaking who they were. I stared at it for a few minutes before I hurled my phone out of the cab's window.

Fucking coward and then curled into a ball in the backseat.

***********

A/N: Please don't hate me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 236 15
This is a story about robsten and how they meet, it shows you the struggles they go through and how there relationship is tested will there love surv...
607K 24.2K 74
After dying in a tragic accident, Rhianne found herself transmigrated in a novel world as a character. To her much disappointment, she became the cha...
189K 6.5K 39
Time stands still Beauty in all she is I will be brave I will not let anything take away What's standing in front of me Every breath Every hour has c...
168 6 18
When She finally accepted reality, fate decided to play with her destiny. One call changed her life in a snap. She never wanted to go back because of...