I've Forgotten You (TFP AU)

By Arya_Skye

Years ago... The old tired doctor watched the last of the members leave through the glowing bright groundbri... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four

Chapter Fourteen

476 30 4
By Arya_Skye

A few hours went by and he didn't hear from them as time passed, it was growing dark and he started to worry when he heard a knock on the door. It opened and he saw Sam holding Skye as he wheezed weakly. His throat was bleeding and he was covered in dirt and bruises.

Ratchets eyes widened and he hurried from the dining table over to them. He helped the two inside and over onto a couch. He had them sit down as he rushed off to grab a First Aid kit. He soon returned and sat by Sam, frowning deeply as he began tending to his injury. "Is Skye alright?" He asked quietly.

Sam nodded tiredly and made sure she was laying on the couch comfortably. He put a blanket over her then sat at the table. He let the man work as he stared blankly. He didn't know what to do or how to explain things. He closed his eyes for a moment as he felt lightheaded.

The doctor was silent and he gently cleaned his throat and began placing gauze on it before wrapping his neck in a bandage. His eyebrows furrowed and he stood, grabbing water from the fridge before coming back and handing it to him. "Easy." he murmured softly with concern.

The other man smiled a little and carefully drank it then shook his head. "I... guess... I was... never meant... to talk..." he rasped quietly and choked a little as he coughed painfully. He shook his head and set the glass by him on the table. "Thank you..." he whispered, is voicing leaving slowly.

Ratchet frowned and gently set his hand on his hair, looking down at him. "Don't say that." He whispered then sighed. "You're welcome, Bumblebee." He murmured and began taking a seat again. "Raf will be glad to know you're alive."

He nodded slowly and smiled a little as he watched him. "I've... only been back... here for... a few months... I meant to contact you... sooner..." he rasped and coughed painfully as he turned away. The more he spoke the more his voice disappeared. He coughed again and looked at him tiredly. "I've... been monitoring... con... activity... and keeping... an eye out... for them... in the city... a... lot of the team is..." he coughed again and squeezed his eyes shut in pain. "Ratchet... the... we..." his voice sounded strange now, almost robotic but not.

Ratchet frowned and gently set a hand on his arm. "Stop. Your straining yourself. If you need to tell me something then write it, alright? You should rest, I'm sure you have been through a lot." He spoke quietly, worry spreading across his face. "Just try to relax. You're safe here."

"I... can't... I have to... ex.. e..." he trailed off and continued to talk but his voice was gone. He rasped weakly but still nothing came out. He sighed forcefully and shook his head then looked at his hands. He nodded again and let him finish. The scouts voice was gone once again.

The old medic's expression fell some and he stood up. "Let's get you to a bed and have you rest." He muttered. "You can take my room." He said as he went to go check on Skye, sitting down next to her. "Tomorrow you can explain things to me."

The scout sighed shakily and nodded then got up and went to the other room but paused at the living room. He watched him then sat on the floor by his side. Skye seemed alright for the most part except for being exhausted from trying to find him. She just needed rest and food. Ratchet pulled the blanket up to her chin, frowning with worry. He made sure she was comfortable before leaning back on the couch, releasing a heavy sigh. He closed his eyes for a long moment, feeling a little drained. Bumblebee watched his friend then got up and made him a hot drink. He gave it to him then smiled a little before going to lay down. He was real, and the doctor realized he wasn't crazy.

The doctor smiled a bit as he took it, relieved to be home with his granddaughter and an old friend. "Thank you." He murmured as he began drinking it. He visibly relaxed and closed his eyes again for a long time. He leaned his head against the man's shoulder tiredly before opening his eyes. "We should bring Rafs family here for safety. Whoever that con was targeted me and Skye. They know we are here... we need to bring us all together again." The doctor proposed.

He nodded slowly as he looked at him then motioned to the clock and then the girl. Indicating that they could do it in the morning. He then got up and offered to take the man to his room and help him settle.

Ratchet stood and blinked in confusion. He nodded a little, quietly heading toward his room at a slow pace. His eyes looked around down the hall then went to his bed. He looked at Bumblebee as he sat down. He smiled a little, sighing softly. "I'm glad your okay... and that you're here." He muttered. "I thought you were gone as well as everyone else. I thought she, Jack, and Raf were the only ones alive."

Bumblebee smiled sadly and helped him into bed before tucking him in. He paused and his eyes widened as he heard about Jack. He thought he was dead as well. He smiled sadly and rubbed his head then hugged him tightly. Glad the old doctor was alright. He motioned for him to get some sleep and wandered out of the room. Ratchet smiled a bit, looking at the man as he watched him go. He turned onto his side as he got comfortable. He closed his eyes, hoping to have a peaceful sleep without strange dreams.

The doctor slept peacefully and didn't have any dreams. Everything had gone well and he felt calm. Something woke him in the night and he looked around but didn't see anything. He moved to get up, and saw Bumblebee curled up on the floor by his door, guarding his old friend from an unknown enemy. The young man was sleeping and looked almost scared. He had probably been alone like he had. Bumblebee was still young and in some cases a child.

Ratchet sat up seeing him vaguely in the dark. He blinked and reached over to the lamp and turned it on. He frowned deeply with worry and pushed the covers off as he began getting up. "Bumblebee?" He asked worriedly, going to his side and using the door frame to help crouch down to him, placing a gentle hand on his back. The scout slowly opened his eyes and looked at him then furrowed his brow. He sat up and stared at him for a few minutes. He glanced around and tried to apologize for waking him up. 

The doctor shook his head and began putting his hand under his arm helping him to his feet. He took his covers and pulled it back. "Here, sleep here. Its nonsense to have you sleep on the floor." He frowned, worried for him as he saw he looked scared. Bumblebee shook his head quickly and carefully had him sit down. He shook his head and sat on the floor as he hugged himself. He kept shaking his head as he hung it and curled up a little more.

Ratchet only stood up again and began sitting down on the floor next to him, rubbing his back. "Youngling... I'm here... you're safe." He whispered gently. "Its alright now." He soothed quietly, his eyes holding worry for the young man. The young man looked up at him with tears in his eyes. He kept hugging himself as he stared at him. He tried to speak but couldn't seem to. He shook his head and looked down again. He was alone and had been for a while. He shook his head and sobbed silently before hugging him tightly. He buried his face in his shoulder as he continued to sob. He felt he had lost all his family.

The medic's eyes widened a bit before he frowned deeply, rubbing his back. He shushed him gently as his other hand held his head gently as if he was cradling it like he was a small child. "Easy... easy... you're alright now." He whispered softly. "Your with me... Skye... Raf and Jack are here..." he whispered softly. "Everything is going to be alright, youngling. Just take some deep breaths." He muttered, setting his cheek against his head.

He sobbed silently and gripped his shoulder as he tried to calm himself. He wanted to tell him what happened but couldn't seem to he wanted to explain but had no way of doing it. The older man held him close, frowning as he could only listen to his sobs. He shushed him quietly, rubbing his back in soothing circles. "Easy... I'm here Bumblebee..." he murmured softly. Bee calmed down after a while and nodded slowly but didn't move. He held onto him for a few minutes longer, then let go and looked at him. He wiped his tears away feeling embarrassed and sat back as he looked at his hands.

Ratchet gave him a look of reassurance. "Come on, you need some rest. You can sleep in my bed." He grunted as he began getting up. He gripped the door frame to help his old knees get him up and began trying to get the young man up. "I'm going to go find Rafael." he muttered. The scout shook his head and pointed to the clock. It was still in the middle of the night. He gripped his arm gently and motioned to the room to indicate he could leave for him so he could sleep.

The doctor shook his head and gently pushed the young man onto the bed. "Sleep, Bumblebee. I at least want to check on Skye." He muttered seriously. Bee watched him then nodded slowly before laying down on the bed. He curled up again and stared blankly before drifting off.

Ratchet left the young man to rest as he went to the living room, Skye was still sleeping and curled up on the couch. He looked to her and frowned worriedly. He pushed her hair away from her face and began getting up again, going to the kitchen to sit down for a moment. He sighed softly, rubbing his eyes. After a few minutes she whimpered quietly in her sleep and hugged herself more. She was dreaming. She shifted and whimpered again in fear. She mumbled something and seemed distressed. The doctor frowned as he looked over. He got off the seat and went to her side. He sat on the couch beside her and gently began rubbing her back, his expression falling at seeing her this way.

She hugged herself more and whimpered as she shook. "N... no..." she whispered. "Grandad... please... don't... go..." she choked. "Don't... leave... me again... I'm... sorry... please..." she rasped in her sleep. "I'm... here... I'm real...." she choked.

He frowned deeply and gently took her into his arms, shushing her. "Skye... its alright... Skye..." he murmured softly with worry. "I'm here."

She rested her head against his shoulder and whimpered quietly in her sleep. She gripped his shirt as tears fell down her face. "I'm sorry... please... I'm real... don't... leave me...." she whispered.

The old man shushed her quietly, stroking her hair. "Skye... wake up. It's just a dream... Skye I know you're real. I won't leave you." He murmured to her worriedly, shaking her a bit to try and wake her.

She whimpered quietly and slowly opened her eyes. She stared at him then blinked in surprise. "Grandad?" She asked

"I'm here, it's alright." Ratchet murmured softly, smiling a little then frowned. "It was only a dream." He told her gently. She nodded slowly and buried her face in his chest. She kept nodding and gripped his shirt more. She didn't want to lose him again 

Ratchet hugged her tightly and set his chin on her head. He was silent as he held her, rubbing her back gently. He sighed softly, his eyes going distant as he began thinking about something. She held on to him tightly as she shook and slowly drifted off. He knew she had separation anxiety and abandonment issues. She felt she'd forever be alone but didn't want anyone to feel guilty about it. Ratchet held her for a long time, comforting her. He leaned back against the couch, sinking into the cushions tiredly. He closed his eyes as he held her, slowly drifting off himself.

Before he knew it, the morning was upon him and he could hear breakfast cooking. He could smell bacon, eggs, and pancakes. Skye was still in his arms asleep, which led him to believe Bumblebee was cooking.

He rubbed his eyes tiredly ad he began to fully wake. He looked over at the kitchen and blinked. He looked down at Skye and gently moved her onto a pillow before getting up. "I could have done that." He murmured as he went into the kitchen. Bumblebee looked at him then shrugged as he smiled slightly. He motioned for him to sit down and pointed to a paper on the table. He had written something down for him to read. Ratchet blinked and went over to the chairs and counter. He took a seat and picked up the paper, bringing it up close so he could read it.

-Ratchet,

I know things are hard and complicated and I'll try to explain what I can. That woman yesterday was Airachnid, but I took care of her. I've managed to locate the others but we lost track of each other five years ago. That's how long I've been alone...

Setting that aside... no... none of us have found Optimus Prime or Smokescreen yet. To make matters worse... none of us can go back to our biped mode or alternate mode. We've been human for far to long and paying the price. We were all looking for you in hopes that you could help.

-Bee.

Ratchets expression fell as he read it. He frowned deeply and rubbed his face. "Primus..." he muttered. He could only imagine what being alone so long had done to the young man. He looked up at Bumblebee and sighed. "Well I'm glad you're here. We don't need our alternative or biped modes. We need each other. I'm sure we can find the others with due time." Ratchet muttered, worried for Smokescreen and Optimus. Bee nodded slowly as he made him a plate then set it on the table. He sat by him with his own and sighed forcefully as he shook his head.

The doctor stared down at the food in front of him for a long time then began eating. He glanced at Bumblebee occasionally. "Are you alright?" He asked quietly. The scout looked at him then smiled a little before taking the paper. He wrote for a moment then glanced at Skye as she slowly walked in. 

-I don't know what to do... for the first time in a while... I'm lost. I found you finally but I don't have a way of finding the others. Jack and Miko are missing too. I'm sorry... I tried to find them... at least I could protect Raf through the years... even if it was in secret at times. Couldn't put his family in danger.

Ratchet watched him write and shook his head. "Bumblebee, Jack is here. He's just in the hospital." He whispered and looked to Skye as she came in. "Good-morning, Skye." He said gently with a small smile.

Bumblebee blinked in surprise and looked at him, though remembered this from earlier. He slowly smiled with relief and looked at her. "Morning..." she whispered quietly and smiled a little at the two.

The old man got up and began going to the kitchen. He began making her a plate and hand her go take a seat, putting the plate on the counter. "Here, eat up." he instructed. She looked at him then smiled a little and thanked him. She then quickly ate as if she hadn't in a long time. Bumblebee watched her as he thought about something.

Ratchet smiled as he watched them, relieved. "You two eat, I'll be back soon." He said as he went over to grab his coat, putting it on quietly.

"Wait... where are you going?" Skye asked as she paused and looked up at him. Bumblebee stopped eating and stood with worry. They both seemed to have separation anxiety.

"To the lab to see if Rafael is there. I'm also going to check on your father." Ratchet said calmly as he began buttoning up his coat. He glanced over at them. "I won't be gone long. Just stay here."

"I want to go with you.... please." She whispered and stood up as Bumblebee glanced between the two of them. Now feeling he needed to go as well.

Ratchet frowned went over to her, pushing her hair over her shoulder, smiling faintly. "I'll only be half an hour. You have Bumblebee here with you. You will be fine." He reassured them. She hesitated, then nodded slowly as she watched him. She hugged him tightly and started to worry someone would take him again. She let go and nodded again as she smiled a little.

Ratchet smiled a bit and kissed her head as he hugged her. "I'll be back, I promise." He murmured and began letting her go. He began leaving them, closing the door after him as he headed to the lab quietly.

Skye watched him go then slowly sat down again. She glanced at Bumblebee who sat by her as well. He grinned at her so she knew everything was going to be okay as he watched her then went back to eating. Skye hoped her grandfather would be back soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

376K 13.5K 58
๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six โ” season se...
1.1M 20.1K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
217K 4.5K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
239K 11.1K 32
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...