DISTANCE➶ ❁۪ 。˚ ✧~A SWEET PEA...

By xo6bree6ox

(Cor) Delia is just an ordinary girl who lives in a not so ordinary town with some weird unordinary things ha... More

ACT ONE
I. The Town With Pep
II. First Day Of Sophomore Year
III. Cheer Tryouts
IV. The Semi-Formal Dance
V. Last Minutes in Heaven
VI. Friends?
VII. Sickness
VIII. Current Affairs
IX. Day Of The Dead
X. Moving On & Returning
XII. Baby Shower Blues
XIII. Unexpected Guest & Interrogation
XIV. A Night Full Of Sorrow
XV. The Truth, The Real One
XVI. Tears All Around
ACT TWO
XVII. Last Piece Of Innocence Gone
XVIII. Hospital Hours
XIX. Now Or Never
XX. The Year Of 2014
XXI. Finally Out
XXII. Stupid Rumours
XXIII. The Red Devils
XXIV. LollyPop Oh Oh LollyPop
XXV. Awe He Calls You Princess
XXVI. A Horror Movies Dream
XXVII. It Was A Good Day Until...
XXVIII. Feel The Connection
XXIX. Doubt? Nope Just Fear
XXX. Finding Things To Live For
XXXI. Like A Baby Bird, Right?
XXXII. Always Screwing Things Up
XXXIII. We Are The Dreamers
XXXIV. The Depths Of Loneliness
XXXV. Corridor Conversations
XXXVI. Restraining Orders
XXXVII. Driving Sorrows
XXVIII. Lodges Vs Andrews
XXXIX. Your Not Who I Thought You Were
XL. Broken Dolls
XLI. Tread Lightly, Danger Ahead
XLII. Ok Lets Try This Again
XLIII. Every Tomorrow
XLIV. In Untiy There Is Strength
XLV. Death Troll
ACT THREE
XLVI. Once Upon A Time In NYC
XLVII. A Summer In A Death Town
XLVIII. Labour Day Weekend
XLIX. Lets Make Some Changes
L. The New Cordelia Andrews
LI. Young Minds With Old Age Issues
LII. The Great Escape
LIII. The Beginnings Of A Recovery
LIV. And So Now We Do The Talking
LV. Thirty-One Days And Counting
LVI. Hope: The Key To Life Itself
LVII. Sweet Strawberry Kisses
LVIII. Never Get Bored, Please?
LIX. Your All It Takes For Me To Fall
LX. Dig A Little Deeper (1)
LXI. If I Could Take Us Back...(2)
LXII. Lets Make It A Good Day
LXIII. Who Wants To Join A Cult?
LXIV. Time To Make A Decision
LXV. A Minute Is All I Need
VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!!!!
ACT FOUR
LXVI. Who Lives Who Dies Who Tells Our Story
LXVII. The Variations Of The Word 'Sorry'
LXVIII. Doing What I Can To Help
LXIX. Little Shop Of Horrors
LXX. The Thanksgiving Spent Alone
LXXI. And So The Curtains Finally Close

XI. Murder Accusations

2.7K 70 13
By xo6bree6ox

XI. MURDER ACCUSATIONS

𝐄𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝

"My mom and dad don't want to get the police involved. They don't want anyone to know that she ran away, or about her shameful condition." 

"Please. What decade is this?" 

"Also, since she knew where Jason's getaway car was, they're afraid people might think that she burned it and that if she did She could be the murderer, trying to cover her tracks." 

"And you guys can't say a word to the sheriff that I knew because then it makes it look like I burnt the car when I didn't," I say they all nod. 

"Who did burn the car, then?" 

"Sheriff Keller says it's possible someone was following us." 

"Oh, my God." 

"Honestly, guys, we should just move." 

"Guys, what if Polly's really hurt? What if whoever killed Jason is coming after her next?" Betty sighs as Jughead puts his arm around her. I try to contain myself smiling so widely. Veronica and Archie look at each other confused then at me who just shrugs and smiles. 

"Betty, even though your parents don't want to, maybe you should go to the police." 

"Second it." 

"We can talk to my dad together about how he has to be discreet." 

"No offense, Kev, but your dad answers to a higher authority than God, the Blossoms." 

"They're the first people that he would tell. And if there's anyone to keep this a secret from, it's the Blossoms." 

"They'd twist it around and go after Polly out of spite." I look up behind Jughead and Betty and see one of the Vixens Ginger one of Cheryls 'Friends' more like servant but oh well what ever rocks her to sleep at night. She looks over every once in a while before tapping away at her phone. She catches me look and I just give her a look and snap my fingers at her and she immediately grabs her stuff and rushes out of the lounge.

"How can we help? Tell us, B, and we'll do it." 

-

"You guys!" I say rushing up to Kevin, Betty and Veronica. 

"What?" 

"Cheryl just tweeted #PollyCooperKilledMyBrother, #NowhereToHide, #SharpenYourPitchforks." 

"Oh, no." 

"We need to find Polly before the Blossoms do." 

-

"Okay, the Sisters of Quiet Mercy are due north." Betty starts as her Jughead and I stand in front of the large group of citizens who have come to help look for Polly. 

"The getaway car was west, on the Old Route 40. The closest bus station is east, headed towards Sweetwater." I say 

"If Polly wanted to leave Riverdale without anyone seeing her, she probably would've left through Right here." Jughead says 

"Eversgreen Forest." Betty finishes everyone just stand here waiting for something. 

"Let's go then." I say rolling my eyes as we all split up into groups.  I go on my own considering I'm quite good at this detective stuff as Betty and Jughead like to say. 

Where would Polly go? I mean she could go back home but considering what Betty has told me about her parents not wanting Polly to keep the baby she'll be scared for her life to even enter that house I mean I would. 

I decide to go through the pathway towards the sisters of quiet mercy maybe I might find some sort of clue about which direction she went.  I get to the point where she jumped out the window where there is a massive blood pile that is only seen because of the leaves and rocks. 

I start following the trail seeing it on the leaves on the floor knowing it's hers because of how it looks and how every once in a while there are bits of glass and there are some bloody hand prints.  I cover them up with leaves so if the Blossoms do decide to look for Polly won't notice these straight away.  I make it all the way back to where the meeting point is and the blood just stops there. 

I groan in frustration annoyed I can't figure out where she went.  As I look down a see a bit of fabric picking out of the floor I pick it up and see it's similar to Polly's Dress it could be even. I mean this wouldn't help me in anyway but at least she's in one of these areas right? 

Betty and I had found Polly yesterday. She was up in the attic like when she ran away when she was 9 and only got to the attic. I mean it was mostly Betty but i just happened to walk past and see her. 

I stand in the blue and gold and look at the murder board. I have a strong feeling it is one of the blossoms I mean they might have some crazy family secret but at the same time I think it someone much much closer maybe even the sheriff. 

"Cordelia Andrews in the principle office now." Since when did they use my full name and for what reason do I have to be called in. I didn't even do anything.  I grab my bag and walk out only to bump into Archie and Jug. 

"What did you do this time?" Archie asks both Jughead and him chuckle. 

"Nothing!" 

"Yeah yeah it's always something with you," Jughead says as they both past through me patting my shoulder.  I groan before walking towards the office only to be greeted with both the Sheriff as well as Weatherbee. 

"Take a seat Delia." 

"Or don't this won't take very long." Sheriff says I give him a dirty look as I sit down anyways. 

"So whats this about then?" I asks 

"Um Delia Sheriff Keller is here to-" 

"I'm here to arrest you," I stand up immediately as he cross his arms. 

"And For what?!" 

"The murder of Jason Blossom."  I tell you now I feel like punching him right in the god damn face.  He leads me out both him and another police man ether side of me everyone in the corridor watching and then I see Archie Jug Betty Veronica and Kevin as they look at me confused and shocked. 

"I knew she done it." 

"I always thought it was her." 

"She was always a bit weird to me."  I hear as I make my way down the hall way. 

-

"Cordelia Andrews. Daughter of Fred And Mary Andrews. It says you lived her up until your parents split and you went to live in Chicago with your mum for a year before coming back not explaining a single reason why. Care to elaborate?" 

"I can back because I could and I can. I missed my dad and Archie ok?"

"Care to develop your experience there in Chicago ?"

"No thanks." 

"I'm gonna need an explanation." 

"And I'm going to need an explanation on why I'm here." 

"You were bullied by Cheryl in elementary school correct?" 

"Yes And that is relevant how?" 

"Could be a motive. Kill someone who meant so much to her."

"Jason was the one who told her not to bully me not the other way around. Don't get that twisted." 

"You don't have a good relationship with a lot of people in Riverdale night I say. The coopers-" 

"Betty is my best friend." 

"The blossoms. The lodges-" 

"The Blossoms just don't like me. And Veronica is my friend and You know nothing about my relationship with that family they barely know me." 

"My son...what no comment?" 

"You already know don't you. Anyways why am I still here you have no proof that I killed him except for what? clearly Cheryl who is clearly upset and just wants her brothers killer to be found so she's doing everything in her power to do so." 

"I'm gonna ask you this once and only once. What were you where abouts' in the summer of July the 11th?"  I don't even answer the question I just sit there and look down at the table with my arms crossed. 

"Delia answer the question? I just want to help-" 

"Oh so now you want to help me?! Where were you when your Son beat me up for knocking down his sand castle which I didn't even do! or when I got beat up in the alleyway and you just turned a blind eye! or when I was eight and I came to you to help find my parents I had lost but you didn't help me one bit! Or when you arrested me because you were thought I stole from that candy shop but once you checked me all you found was nothing but you still kept me for the night to 'teach me a lesson'! Or literally when you walked me down the hallway looking all high and mighty while everyone all said they thought it was me or all these other rude things and I'm just sick of people thinking I'm this criminal when I did absolutely nothing!" I lay back on my chair.  "Im done. I don't want talk to you anymore." 

-

"Sheriff told me your not speaking to him." Dad says now he's the one sitting in front of me. 

"He's an asshole." 

"Dels...he's just trying to get the answers." 

"By asking questions that have no relevance to this whole situation!...He asked about that year..." 

"I'll go talk to him tell him-" 

"No no dad I don't want him to know." 

"Ok but Dels you have to tell me where were you July 11th?" I look at my dad before sighing. 

"It was just a normal day I had met Betty earlier that day and we just hung out and whatever then I went to go see Jughead at pops and then he had to go I think he had to go to his shift at the drive-inn I'm not sure can't really remember...I decided to go for a walk in the woods. I had walked for a while and wasn't sure what side of town I was on but then i saw the maple sign so I went under the sign and there it was. A tree house Jason and I built. I felt like I was being followed so I decided to head back but I hide behind a tree and saw Kevin and a couple other people who started trashing and breaking the tree. I was gonna go up to them but then I saw him. I'm not sure when he decided to come visit but he was here. I then ran all the way back till I could see our house and then I went to the construction site remember?" 

"I've got the sign in sheets somewhere in the office Keller can't frame you if you if I have those sheets." 

"Thanks Dad. Where is Keller anyways?" 

"He Umm...He bought Jughead in." 

"Oh so now he's accusing everybody! I won't even be surprised if he's the killer," I say mutter the last sentence because I know my dad will be mad and make me take it back. 

-

I walk into the room I had just been in moments ago but this time for Jughead. He smiles at me me slightly but not fully. I hit his arm as I sit down he groans in pain. 

"Ow! What was that for?" 

"Not telling me you lived in the janitors closet." I say he sighs before looking down I then hit his arm again. 

"Ow!" 

"That's for telling literally everyone but me." 

"Not everyone. And plus I knew you would react drastically," he says rubbing his arm where I had hit him. 

"You big baby I didn't even hit you that hard." 

"Uh yes you did." 

"No I didn't." 

"Your the one who took boxing lessons for two years not me." 

"Ahh yes...good times." 

"Yeah you used to show me every single move you learnt which I did not appreciate you breaking my arm." 

"I said I was sorry!" 

"Well sorry didn't fix my arm did it."  The both of us laugh as I hit his arm jokingly.

-

"Jughead's not helping himself in there. I asked him for an alibi, and he just gave me lip. Just like your daughter over here." Sheriff says motioning his head towards me. 

"I mean I'm not the one accusing two students for a murder we had not committed," I say now standing next to my dad but I'm not as near tall as him.  As Jughead and Archie like to call me under averagely small which is rude but it's fine because I call them Overly Tall beanstalks so it all good. 

"He was working for me. Yeah, the week of July 11th, was it? Yeah, I had him tear down some drywall for me." 

"So your telling me Jughead was working on the site as well as Dels-" 

"That's Delia to you and yes what do you not believe him?" He looks at me a clearly feeling threatened. 

"Y-you Um-You can provide me with documentation to support that?" Sheriff says Dad nods before looking over at me 

"I have to check my time cards." 

-

"Jughead! I'm sorry." FP stubbles into view as we all make our way into the car park of the sheriff station finally being able to leave. 

"I came as soon as I got your messages. My phone, the friggin' battery. I forgot to plug it in last night." I've met FP on many many occasions but last I saw of him he was not this damaged by drinking and was for sure not fazed by it. 

"What the hell happened?" 

"Nothing." Jughead replies instantly

"It's fine now. Mr. Andrews took care of it." 

"What jacked-up crap did they accuse you of in there, huh? Those bastards trying to throw you in jail like they did your old man? Well, screw that. I will rip Keller a new one for trying to pull that-" Dad goes and pushes FP in the chest trying to stop him from ending up in Jail for killing the man. 

"FP, settle down." 

"Hey! Hey! This is my son, he is my son, Fred! You'd do the same for your boy." You know I feel slightly offended but it's not the time right now. Dad puts his hands up in surrender. 

"Dad. Don't make things worse. Please." Jughead looks at his dad with plead. 

"Yeah. Yeah, all right, then. You, uh, coming home with me?" FP asks holding the the top of his nose and the the crease of his eyes before rubbing his head. 

"He can stay with us, Mr. Jones. We already offered." 

"We did?" I blurt out immediately covering my mouth but luckily no one hears except Betty who nudges me but tries to play her laugh off as a cough. 

"Is that what you want? Maybe that's for the best. If you don't mind, Fred." 

"Whatever you want, FP. It's between the two of you." 

"I'll go with you, Dad." Jughead sniffles wiping his nose. I know Jughead is trying to help get his father on track but I think him staying with us will give FP some time to clear things over. 

"Son, listen to me. I'm gonna do what you want, get my act together. I'm gonna get your mom and Jellybean home so we're all under the same roof. I promise. But I I just need a little time to do that. Not a lot, not long, a month, two at the most. Hey. And then we'll be back on track, all right? You You believe that, don't you?" 

"Yeah, I believe you, Dad." FP and Jug hug before they break away FP tapping the boys shoulder and looking at us all before smiling at me and pointing. 

"Keep him in check yeah?" 

"Of course." I say with a smile nodding he smiles back chuckling before Turing and walking away. Jughead stays standing Betty makes her way over to him first pulling him into a side hug as we all slowly start to walk away from this place. 

-

I decided to go on a walk after Settling Jughead in as he's staying in Archie's room.  In all honesty I don't think the Sheriff is really doing what's best for the town and only what's best for himself and the blossoms and for all I know the blossoms only want the baby and not Polly but the coppers on want Polly and not the baby. 

Yeah I know it sounds like a win win situation, well Polly wants to keep her baby and forbids you stay in a home where her baby isn't welcome so as of right now she's practically homeless.  I would happily let her stay at my house but Mrs Copper would probably explode if she finds out Polly is staying with us.  But I just hope she's is ok all this all at once must be stressful but she has Betty who I know will keep her safe and intact. 

I mean I would have wanted that when I did but you know you can't always get what you wish for...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.5K 2.2K 30
---Completed--- Almost five years ago, Betty Cooper took off and fled the town of Riverdale. Rumors were spread and the townspeople whispered about w...
25.7K 415 23
Meet Elizabeth Specter who isn't your average teenage girl. She's not like the other Riverdale girls. Indeed, she's the cousin of the sisters Betty a...
104K 2.9K 32
Betty is left broken-hearted after her boyfriend humiliated her in front of the entire audience during the last football game of the year, as Betty r...
9.6K 187 17
It's been 6 months since Hal Cooper's murder. Ten months since she had met Jughead and almost a year since the murder of Betty's mother, brother and...