Seven Dates A Weekend | RO ✓

By riveting-

[COMPLETED] ➠ SHORT LISTED UNDER "MATTERS OF HEART" CATEGORY FOR WATTPAD INDIA AWARDS 2021!!! NOW A FEATURED... More

before | the beginning
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄
00 | epigraph
01 | the one in which the plan is ruined.
02 | the one in which they swap coffee and names.
03 | the one in which they have a moment
04 | the one in which they open up
05 | the one in which saloni has a job.
06 | the one in which there's a procedure
07 | the one in which it's finally Friday night
08 | the one in which date one has a reservation
09 | the one in which it's time for a healthy breakfast.
10 | the one in which he sings
11 | the one in which she has a cute lunch date.
12 | the one in which she has a movie date.
13 | the one in which she has a night racer date.
14 | the one in which there's sunday dates
15 | the one in which he doesn't show up
16 | the one in which she dates Aahan Kapoor.
17 | the one in which she goes viral.
18 | the one in which they kiss
19 | the one in which there's heartbreak
20 | the one in which she's gone.
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎
00.2 | epigraph
00.3 | character aesthetic.
21 | the one in which there's a problem
22 | the one in which there's the ex
23 | the one in which there's mud cake and apple pie
24 | the one in which the villa is a getaway
26 | the one in which there's the confessions
27 | the one in which it's their date one
28 | the one in which there's sunrise and tapri ki chai
29 | the one in which there's food, coffee and movie dates.
30 | the one in which it's the final date
31 | the one in which you're it.
32 | the one in which north meets the west
33 | the one in which she got to start anew
34 | the one in which its Christmas engagement Party
35 | the one in which there's 10,000 dates for a lifetime
00.4 | AUTHORS NOTE
after | the ending

25 | the one in which there's the amends and the plan.

185 26 2
By riveting-

You could see the trail of the foothills, in the clear distance as they emerged from amongst the morning mist. The wind was chilly in compare to my warm breath. Dewdrops dotted the railing of the wooden balcony facing the east. And the sun was beginning to fade the hue of dark blue into a bright one. The view from the villa was breath-taking.

But even this magnificent view could not bring back the energy in my bones. I had laid awake the entire night. Tossing and turning around the double bed. Pulling and throwing the comforter on and off me. My mind was suddenly wide awake. It was aware.

When one is aware, they notice everything. The acknowledgement of things hit you harder and clearer. For months I had thought of Saloni as the problem. But what really had been the case was that I was the problem and she was my solution.

I loved Saloni. I was now aware of these feelings. Of myself. And why I needed so badly to see her. To wish to fix the things with her.

But the girl I was in love with - which I had come to realise, only a couple of hours ago - could be the definition of a perfectionist. Everything she did, she did it in an order, a systematic method and in a planned manner. Nothing could go amiss under the eye of Saloni Neeves. Even if this whole getaway to the villa was anything but being planned. And even so, I found new perspectives about her, new quirks about her and so on, to fall in love with her all over again.

And then there were the habits and actions I had perceived before. The little things and then the large emotional outbursts and expressions. There was everything and yet more to love her for.

Yawing into the air as I stretched my hands up and arched my back, I walked back into the villa. I was the only one awake. I took this as an opportunity to do something good for Saloni and her friends - that is to mend things between us. Thankfully, the villa's fridge was stocked up with food and groceries, thus I commenced onto my task. Make a tasty breakfast. Especially for Saloni.

It took me not more than an hour to make some bread pakodas, chai and pudani ki chutney. The aroma of the food filled the space of the villa which had the sleepy heads crawling out of their rooms and standing before the food.

"breakfast?" I smiled at them as I plated everyone's servings. There was a chorus of yes and some grunts. My eyes looked up to meet Saloni's figure. She looked adorable in her pyjama shorts and a t-shirt. I quickly averted my eyes and bite onto the inside of my burning cheeks, and I was glad that I had in control when she walked over to my side to serve everyone tea. She served herself some too and took a gulp of the burning aromatic bitter-sweet liquid, releasing an 'ah' of relief. I smile looking at her and just then she looked at me and smiled back. There was a flutter of my heartbeat and then I looked down to the plate I was serving her.

I had made a heart besides her pakoda with the tomato ketchup, which made her grin.

"Is that a hint, Aahan?" she asked. She was close very close, and I was suddenly aware of how my heartbeat felt around her. "Maybe?" I teased back with a grin of my own, before walking away and towards the long couch were everyone sat eating.

My heartbeat was that as the ocean waves. It rushed to the surface and then it soothed down to the shore. And I loved Saloni even more for that.

***

I had planned out in my head now. I wanted to come clean to Saloni. Make my intentions and feelings for her clear. I had this evening in my mind, planned for just the two of us. But for this to be possible in the best possible way, I had to first amend things with Saloni's friends. And so, in the afternoon when Saloni sat outside under golden sunlight sky, besides the villa's pool with a book in her hand and her head floating away into another world, I had her friends gather around me quietly.

"I know I have caused problems to Saloni and ultimately to you all, too..." I started off. Vahni leaned her head over the palms of her hand, elbows balanced on her knees. Her boyfriend sat beside her, with his one arm around her waist. Henna sat at one end of the couch, leaned back and arms crossed with a sour look on her face. "And I am truly very sorry, but I want to make things right. Please help me make it happen."

"Why should we?" henna raised an eyebrow at me. Vanhi shifted from her position and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Hear him out at least."

"Does he even deserve that?" Henna scowled looking at me. "It was because of you that she was in a wreck for months- both physically and emotionally. It was because of you and your damn show that her father doesn't talk to her no more. And what did you do? Mingle back with your ex? Is she not available right now that you waltzed back into Saloni's life?"

Every accusation that Henna threw at me pierced at my heart. The fact that I caused so much pain to the woman who I loved hurt me. I felt guilty and ashamed.

"Henna stop, it was Saloni who volunteered, remember?" Vanhi counter backed to Henna's accusations to me. "He still caused damage!" Henna fumed and I was suddenly afraid that Saloni might walk in and find out everything - which wasn't what I had planned for her.

"I take full responsibility for all that has happened to her the past few months and I am truly very sorry. But now, I beg of you. Let me make amends. With her. With you all. With her parents. Let me set things right again." My tone wavers from sharp voice to a genuine and pleading one at the end as I speak.

Vanhi walked up to me and placed a comforting hand on my shoulder and squeezed it gently, her boyfriend followed after her and pat my back. I looked at Henna for her approval. She sat sternly looking at me with deadly eyes.

"I love her, Henna," I admitted openly to her. Her eyes widened and she rose up from the couch. "You do?"

"Very much so." I nodded. And then, after moments of silence, she stepped closer to me. "Then you better make things right now. Its my last chance with you." And at that moment, I felt both vulnerable and powerful.

They had my back. Her friends had my back. And now I could finally execute the plan I had in mind for this weekend.

As per the plan, Vanhi and her boyfriend made a sudden announcement of going on a personal date. Henna explained a work-related emergency and left the villa for the night, leaving the car keys with me. At the evening when Saloni had fallen asleep under the chill air of the setting sun, Henna, Vanhi and Jayesh helped me set up things right in the wide-open balcony. I had fairy lights rolled up and around the wooden railing. A table and two chairs were set up. The plates and glasses were set along with the sweet wine. The food and sweet dishes were made and kept ready. Jayesh had carried over a speaker from the theatre room and set it down, connected to my phone's Bluetooth.

Everything was going according to the plan for the evening.

I had sent Saloni to get ready for 'something special' and though she had grumbled her way to the room, about hating suspense and having no itinerary of what the occasion, she nevertheless complied with my demands.

And so, at seven p.m. I sat nervously on the couch of the empty villa, waiting for Saloni to emerge from her room. And when she did, my eyes glazed over with moisture over how beautiful she looked. She wore a red dress that Vanhi had made a promise she would wear today. The dress was an indo-western one. It hugged the curves of her body down to her high waist before spread around her frame in frails which fell down to her ankles. There were delicate silver and black embroidery patterns all over the frails of her skirts. She wore huge traditional earrings and had her hair up in a sideways updo, a few baby hair cupping her face like tiny flicks.

She walked up close to me and I felt time slowing down as I took in her appearance from head to toe. But when she came close, I sucked in a breath.

"Shall we get into the special occasion of yours?"

"Yes." I could barely talk, let alone move as nervousness spread like wildfire around my body. But I was determined. I wanted to tell this beautiful lady and her soul, how much I loved her.

And so, I let things go according to my plan.

"let's Go."***

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE, COMMENT & SHARE. SHOW SOME LOVE DONUTS 🖤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6M 311K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
38.7K 2.1K 35
Book 1 of Tainted Series "Aapne maara hai mere maa baba ko. I hate you. Apni shaqal bhi dikhayi toh I'll kill myself " ~ Annahita Thakur •••••••••••...
42.1K 1.7K 30
Sona is scared. No one has ever given her a reason not to be, not that she has ever let anyone in for that. Sona has always carefully planned out her...
328K 10.2K 36
Story of a beautiful , intelligent 18 years old girl who was forced to marry a guy, engaged to her sister. " Dear Mom I don't think I would be able...