✓ [18+] THERE GOES MY EVERYTH...

By bibliophilemischief

[PREQUEL TO A THOUSAND MILES FROM NOWHERE] Before Nathan Daniels became the Chief Deputy of Clinton Hills wh... More

I.The Moment Rebekah Miller Stole My Heart
II. The Moment I Gave Up That Last Piece Of Pizza
III. The Moment I Became A Jealous Asshole
IV. The Moment I Became A Protective Big Brother
V. The Moment I Contemplated Going To Prison For Murder
VI. The Moment We Went Swimming In The Dark
VII. The Moment I Tried To Take The Blame
VIII. The Moment I Faced My Greatest Fear To Be Closer To Her
IX. The Moment She Told Me She Loved Me
X.The Moment Atreyu Became The Best Wingman Ever
XI. The Moment I Ditched For Tampons & Rom-Coms
XII. The Moment I Gave Her My Jersey
XIII. The Moment I Thought About Children
XIV. The Moment I Gave Up Simple
XV.The Moment I Caused A Catfight
XVI.The Moment I Repurposed An Old Converse Shoebox
XVII.The Moment Everything And I Mean Everthing Changed
XVIII.The Moment We Spent Our Last Day Together
XIX.The Moment I Became A Soldier
XX.The Moment I Wrote Her The Letter That Would Break Her Heart
XXI.The Moment She Wrote Me The Letter, Signed-I Still Love You
XXII.The Moment I Went To A Third-World Country
XXIII.The Moment I Was Too Late
XXV.The Moment I Saw Rebekah Miller In My Bed
XXVI.The Moment I Knew I Royally Fucked Up
XXVII.The Moment I Got The Big News
XXVIII.The Moment I Said I Do, When I Really, Really Didn't
XXIX.The Moment Jackson Dean Daniels Healed A Part Of My Broken Heart
XXX.The Moment I Nearly Burned My Whole House Down
XXXI.The Moment I Quit Cold Turkey
XXXII.The Moment I Started Over, A Brand New Man
EPILOGUE: The Moment I Was A Thousand Miles From Nowhere But So Close To Her

XXIV.The Moment I Met Satan's Mistress Herself

1.6K 77 2
By bibliophilemischief

[A/N:] So, if you couldn't tell by the title, this is the chapter we all have been dreading since it introduces one of the characters from ATMFN that we all absolutely love to hate. Sadly, this wonderful woman (sarcasm intended) puts Stacy Winters to shame.

If you're reading this first before A Thousand Miles From Nowhere (since I wrote the prequel after the origin book of the series, backward I know), I apologize in advance for the cringe you're about to encounter the next few chapters.

With that, enjoy—or don't—either way, this chapter is important in a sense. 

Remember to vote and comment to show your support <3

——————————
XXIV.The Moment I Met Satan's Mistress Herself

"She's fucking gone man," I hiccup before I take another shot of whiskey and slam the glass on the counter, nearly shattering it.

Thank God I've got a military ID and can drink legally before the age of twenty-one because I don't know what I'd do right now if I couldn't toss back shot after shot.

Ford sits next to me on a stool at the counter of some bar in Summerville because I wasn't about to show up at Miller's to drink my sorrows away. Nope, fuck that.

He shakes his head at me and takes his own shot. I think he's like only on number four while I'm on, fuck I don't know anymore. A lot okay?

I'm going to down as many as I can until I stop seeing blue fucking eyes that peer deep into my damned soul and beautiful long brown hair that I'd love nothing more than to run my fingers through. But that's not going to happen, never, ever, ever, again.

"Another one," I hold up my empty glass to the bartender who eyes me warily.

"Another. One," I grit and he reluctantly fills it up with the brown liquid.

I quickly down it, instantly feeling the effect as I sway a little on my stool, and Ford reaches out to grab a hold of my arm so I don't fall over.

"I think you need to slow down brother," he chuckles lightly, trying to ease the tension.

"I think you need to slow down, b-b-brother," I chuckle half-heartedly and grab the edge of the counter before folding my arms over the top of it and slamming my face down on my forearms.

"Ow," I mumble to myself as I rub the spot between my brows with my thumb.

I close my eyes briefly so that the world is no longer spinning and in doing so, Bex Miller enters my mind once again.

"She's fucking gone Ford."

"I know."

"I was going to ask her to marry me and now that's over. We are officially over."

"No, you're not man."

"Yes, we are. Fuck, I was going to marry her as soon as possible before I left. Man, I wanted to have a baby with her," I blurt out and Ford frowns over at me with deep, heartbreaking sadness.

"She would be a beautiful, amazing mom Ford. She'd look so stunning, no, fucking breathtakingly beautiful with my baby growing inside her swollen belly."

"I know brother. Bex is wonderful with kids."

"She is, isn't she!? She'd be perfect as a mom. She'd be perfect as my wife too," I sigh and rub my hands furiously over my face.

"I want that man, I want her as my wife, as the mother of my children. I want that beautiful girl for the rest of my life but now, that'll never happen. I fucked up so bad and now I'll never see her again," I groan and slam my fist down on the countertop.

The bartender flinches and glares over at me. Ford quickly apologizes to the man and grabs my collar. He turns me towards him and my eyes widen at his forcefulness. Fuck I didn't know he had it in him.

"You need to get your shit together man. You're acting like this is the end of the fucking world. If you love her that fucking much and want her then go get her. You're off for a month, fly out to California and get her back. Fuck, you're only like five hours away from Las Vegas from where she's at—get married there at some little chapel and get it over and done with. Then for the rest of the month get her ass pregnant and by the time we get back from our tour, you'll have a little Nate Jr to spoil. Quit acting like it's over for you guys because it's not."

I blink at Ford, unsure of what to fucking say because it's taking me a moment to process his words.

Go to California? Get married in Vegas?

"But—what if?"

"Stop man. You're coming up with excuses that honestly, are bullshit. You either want her or you don't. Quit being a fucking pussy and man up for once in your relationship," he spits as he shoves me away.

I glare at him, not particularly liking what he's telling me. Even if it is the truth.

"Well, why don't you take your own advice and quit being a pansy when it comes to my little sister. You talk big about going after the girl you want but here you sit single and pining after her like a lovesick puppy. Don't preach to me about my wrongdoings when you're doing the same thing," I spit and he recoils from my words with wide eyes.

"You—you know?" he asks and I nod my head with exasperation.

"It's fucking obvious man. I've known since Bex's birthday party that night at Miller's. That was what," I hold my hand up and put up three fingers. Fuck, I think it's three? "Almost three years ago? When are you going to say anything to her about it?"

Ford stares at me with blinking for a solid thirty seconds and when he doesn't answer me, I smirk to myself.

"Exactly, now shut the fuck up about it," I grunt and ask for another shot from the bartender.

"Look—Nate, I'm just trying to help," he sighs as he rests his elbows on the countertop.

"I know you are Ford but I can't just follow her to California. She left. She ran away from me and anything and everything that reminded her of me. The last person on Earth she wants to see right now is Nate Daniels. It would only be a huge waste of time," I sigh and close my eyes tightly as I take another shot.

"I don't think it would but as you said, what the fuck do I know?" he laughs breathlessly and asks for another shot.

We both take the shot together and I know I'm going to feel it bad tomorrow morning.

As we sit silently and thoughts of church bells and babies run through my mind, a hand taps my shoulder, catching my attention.

I turn to look at a woman about my age, maybe slightly older, who has long blonde hair. Her brown eyes are bright with excitement and she smiles warmly at me as she glances at the empty stool next to me. My eyes slowly trace her body that is thin, lacking curves in all the right places.

She's actually not bad looking and if I wasn't so hung up on Bex right now, I'd probably fuck her.

"Is this seat taken?" she asks sweetly and I shake my head.

"No, help yourself," I grin at her and she quickly takes a seat.

I notice her pull down on the neckline of her dress and pull up on the hem, attempting to show off as much skin as she can. Ha, that's kinda cute in a desperate kind of way.

"My name is Nate. What's yours?" I ask with a slur of my words. She smiles over at me as she orders some fruity drink and leans in close to me.

"Christine."

"Nice to meet you, Christine. What brings you to the bar tonight?" I ask with little interest but talking to her is making me forget about a certain blue-eyed girl.

"Oh, you know. Heartbreak from a recent ex and trying to drown my sorrows in cheap drinks with little umbrellas in them," she sighs with a light giggle.

"Hey, same here," I cheer as I get another shot from the bartender and order one for her.

She smiles as she takes her glass and clanks it against mine.

"Here's to heartbreak and the turmoil that comes along with it," I boast and I hear Ford chuckle next to me.

Quite a few drinks later and I'm three shades to the wind as I sway on the bar stool. I've been talking to Christine about her relationship troubles and it feels good to talk to someone who understands what I'm going through.

"I've got to take a piss, I'll be right back sweetheart," I wink at her as I bring her hand up to my lips.

"I'll come with you to make sure you don't pass out in your own piss," Ford laughs and helps me to the men's restroom.

Ford leans up against the sink as I do my business and clears his throat.

"So, you're hitting it off with that girl out there," he scratches his chin and looks at me suspiciously.

"Yeah, but it's just talking man. I don't know, she gets it," I shrug as I pull up my zipper and wash my hands. I splash some water on my face to wake me up a little and quickly dry my hands.

"Yeah, I'm sure she does. Conveniently," Ford mumbles sarcastically and I ignore him.

When I get back to the bar, Christine is sitting with her phone in her hand and quickly puts it away when I sit down.

"Here good looking, I got you a beer. Think you need something more than shots of whiskey," she grins and slides the opened bottle of Bud Light towards me.

"I think he needs water and we need to go home," Ford pipes up and crosses his arms over his chest as he looks down at her.

"I think—the girl is right. Look, brother, why don't you go and I'll catch another cab home," I pat his shoulder roughly and Ford furrows his brows as he begins to voice his opinion but I put my hand up.

"Just go, man. I'm good."

He looks between Christine and me for a moment and finally lets out a sigh, "Fine but be careful man."

I don't know what he means by that but I'm sure he's over exaggerating like usual. I watch as he pays his tab and walks away.

"Here sweetie, take a drink," Christine smiles at me as she nudges the beer bottle in my hand.

I smirk at her as I put it to my lips and down it in nearly one gulp. Her eyes widen with amusement and she places her hand on my thigh. I place the bottle back on the counter and shake my head slowly at her.

"It's not going to happen sweetheart. Another woman has claimed this heart of mine and I'm finally going to do something about it," I slur and I notice her eyes narrow slightly before a cunning smile crosses her face.

"We'll see about that Nathan," she chirps and stands from her stool.

"I'm going to use the ladies room, I'll be right back. Don't you go anywhere sweetie," she giggles and pokes at the end of my nose.

I laugh at the gesture and turn to face the bar. A few seconds later, I start feeling the effects of all the alcohol I've been drinking all night as the room begins to spin and swirl around. I rub my eyes to clear my vision but it doesn't help.

Fuck, I'm wasted to all Hell.

One of the first rules while drinking is don't mix alcohol if you're not wanting to get completely hammered.

However, I've been shit faced drunk before and I never felt like this. No, this feels like more. Different.

All thoughts of what the fuck is going on with me run out the fucking front door when I hear my name being called out beside me. That voice...

I quickly turn towards the sound and what I see standing before me nearly knocks me back off my stool.

Blue eyes...brown hair...Bex...it's Bex...

"Nathan? Are you okay?" she asks but her voice sounds so far away. I reach out for her and she takes my hand in hers.

"B-Bex...you're back. You came b-back," I stutter breathlessly.

My girl—she is here and no way in Hell am I letting her slip through my fingers again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.7K 3.3K 57
Tessa's love life is full of clichés. She fell for the boy next door, her brother's best friend, and her childhood crush. They all just happen to be...
1.4M 45.1K 50
⚠ Warning sexual content!!! ⚠ *Book 1 of the "Unexpected Lovestory" Series* She loved her husband more than her last breath. She was blinded, deafene...
54.3K 2.3K 21
She was his first crush, first love, first everything and he was her last and forever. In this short story, Ford Michael Daniels & Lexie Cooper's lov...
2.8K 317 34
In the heart of Hollis, Queens, New York, a poignant tale of enduring love unfolds. Todd and Isis, once inseparable neighbors, forge an unbreakable b...