I've Forgotten You (TFP AU)

By Arya_Skye

Years ago... The old tired doctor watched the last of the members leave through the glowing bright groundbri... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four

Chapter Ten

453 27 11
By Arya_Skye

Ratchet blinked, furrowing his optics ridges as he began sitting up. "W-Where am I? Where... Skye? Where is Skye?" He asked worriedly and began trying to get up, hesitantly taking the servo outstretched in front of him. His blue optics searched around and looking at the bots, overwhelmed. "Jack... Tim..." he murmured. 

"Jack is fine." A blue femme said and frowned deeply. "Who's Tim?" She asked and looked at the others.

"And the sky is outside the base." The green one chuckled softly as he watched them. The red and blue one helped him stand and steadied him.

"Everything alright old friend?" He asked again as he furrowed his optic ridges with great concern.

"You must have really hit your helm when you fell over." A white and blue bot smirked as he folded his arms. 

Ratchet looked at them, frowning deeply. He looked at the green mech and glared a bit. "This is not a joke." He spoke seriously and looked at the taller mech next to him. "I'm not your old friend... who are you?" He asked as he stared at them in confusion. "Where am I?" He whispered then looked at the yellow bot and his optics widened. "You... you are the bot. In the photo." He spoke with a bit of awe and fascination. He grunted as another helmache came to him, making him rub his helm. "I don't understand. I was in a hospital with Skye... Tim wanted to stop Jack from..." he shook his helm. "What is happening?" He repeated with more stress in his tone.  

They just stared at him blankly for a long time and the tall one seemed a little hurt by what he said. "Wow... you really hit your helm." The green one said quietly and with concern. They all looked to the tall one who seemed to be the leader.

"Ratchet... I am Optimus Prime leader of the Autobots... you were working on a project and something went wrong. This is Bumblebee..." he said pointing to the yellow bot. "Bulkhead... Smokescreen..." he mumbled and motioned to the green then the white and blue bot. "And Arcee." He explained as he motioned to the femme. "We are a team... a family." He whispered and gently set a servo on his shoulder plate. 

Ratchet frowned deeply, jumping a bit at Optimus's servo. He glared at the mech Bulkhead a bit before looking to Bumblebee. He was silent for a moment before shaking his helm. "This... is not right. You are not my family. June... Jack... Skye and the twins...they are my family. How could you be my family when I don't even know you?" The old doctor asked with a frustrated voice. "This... must be a dream. I fell and hit my head... Tim hit me hard. This is... just a dream." He muttered but something was familiar in their names. Autobots... why was that name so... intriguing? 

Optimus watched him intently for a few minutes then looked over at the others. The doctors rejection hurt them all to the core. He nodded slowly and they quietly left. Transforming and driving down a tunnel. Optimus looked at him again then went to the computer and typed a little.

"Jackson Darby and June Darby are at home." He said seriously and looked at him. "I asked you to help me with a project and... it may have gone wrong." He explained. 

Ratchet relaxed a little as his son and wife were safe. He wasn't completely sure but the mech didn't seem one for lying. He carefully followed him, frowning deeply. "What do you mean? What project?" He asked, looking at him then the computer with confusion.

"Perhaps you should go rest... I don't want to make things more difficult for you, old friend." He said gently and looked at him. 

Ratchet shook his helm. "No Optimus Prime, I must know what's going on. I'm not where I was, I'm lost, and I'm confused." He spoke firmly, not adding how he felt scared. 

The Prime stopped suddenly and looked at him. He knew him well enough to know he was afraid. He nodded slowly and led him to the medical berth and sat down by him. He waited for him to get comfortable and looked at him as they sat there.

"You had an idea for our team..." he began gently. "After we talked about it for a while, I decided you should go ahead and work on it. While you were testing it, something happened and you blacked out." He explained. 

Ratchet frowned as he listened. He wondered what could have happened. "What was the idea?" The old mech asked, looking up at the taller bot with furrowed optic ridges. "What idea could have something happen to which I get knocked out?"

He watched him for a moment then glanced towards the computer. "Holoforms. So we can hide among the people if possible. If the need were ever to arise. The process seemed to strain you." He said as he glanced at him. 

Ratchet paused, frowning. "Holoforms? Like... holographic images...to create people?" He asked slowly, rubbing his chin for a moment in thought. "Why would you need to hide yourself from the people? Are you unwelcome or-I..." he blinked. "We... are we... unwelcome? How is it we know humans then?" He asked him, feeling more lost. 

"We don't want to put the humans in danger for knowing about us. The Decepticons will harm or kill them if they are found protecting or associating with us. If the cons do manage to separate and hunt us... we can hide among the people." He whispered. 

Ratchet frowned, realization falling across his expression. "Optimus...are you telling me...the Decepticons haven't even taken over yet?" He whispered in shock, his optics wide.

The Prime furrowed his ridges in confusion. "No... Ratchet... we are trying to prevent Megatron from obtaining the keys to the omega lock. What do you mean... yet?" He asked quietly. 

The medic blinked, frowning. He began standing up, shaking his helm. "Oh... no this... I have to finish this work." He spoke seriously and anxiously. He knew how this was going to end and was scared of it. "Primus... we don't have enough time." He gripped his helm, hurrying back to the computer, trying to figure it out. 

"Ratchet?" Optimus asked as he stood up and followed him. "What do you mean we don't have much time? I know we are in a race against the cons, but I feel you mean something different." He said seriously and stood by him at the computer. 

The doctor looked to Optimus seriously. "I may have... been just knocked out but... it felt real. I think the Decepticons are going to win this, Optimus. I... dreamt... experienced... waking up from a slave camp, mining for years then was rescued by other humans... as a human. I found my granddaughter Skye. She took care of me. Jack was in a coma... Miko and June were nowhere to be found and..." he rubbed his forehelm stressfully. "Rafael was there, grown... but everything else I was new to... you weren't there... I was confused... I still am. I have no idea what is going on." He explained, scared for what was going to happen. "But I have a dark feeling about this. About the Decepticons."

Optimus watched him intently but had a feeling he shouldn't question him. He nodded slowly as he studied him then walked over and typed a few things before stopping. "Do you remember us now?" He asked slowly. "What is your feeling about the Decepticons?" He said, wanting to understand. 

"I... don't remember you. I... am familiar with you. I feel like I have met you before..." Ratchet admitted quietly, looking up at him. "I feel we have a connection I just... I don't know what happened to me to make me forget." he sighed. "The Decepticons are terrible. Obviously. They wish to enslave... torture... get what they want..." he shook his helm then sighed, frowning. "Do you believe me?" He asked worriedly. 

He stared at him for a moment then gently set a servo on his shoulder plate. "Yes. I believe you." He said seriously. "I'll help you restore your memories on the way." He promised and smiled just a little.

Ratchet relaxed visibly, letting out a small vent. He smiled a little. "Thank you." He muttered, looking at him with relief, knowing he could trust this mech. He felt the same connection when he met Skye. 

"You're welcome, old friend." He said as he gently gripped his shoulder plate again. He turned and got to work on a few things. "Do you remember anything that might help us defeat the cons before they cause this... enslavement?" He asked. 

The medic looked down, gripping the computer as he tried to remember. "I... am unsure." He then looked at Optimus. "Well... the military needs to start building... underground. A safe place for humans."

He nodded slowly and started typing as he attempted to contact them. The Prime was silent as he let his friend work. Ratchet felt a splitting helmache coming on and he felt dizzy. The doctor gripped the computer tightly as he paused for a moment, leaning over a bit. He rubbed his helm, frowning deeply as he began to sit, nodding to something but he wasn't sure what.

"Ratchet?" The bot asked as he looked over at him with concern. "Ratchet!" he shouted and reached for him as he fell over. The doctor hit his helm as he went down and everything went black once more.

When he woke up again he was in a hospital room, connected to a few machines as Skye sat next to him. She was holding his hand against her cheek as tears fell down her face. She looked distressed about something.

"I'm sorry.... I'm so sorry... I shouldn't have gotten into that fight..." she whispered.

Ratchet began opening his eyes and blinked, jolting a little. He took back his hand from her face as he sat up. "W-What?" He whispered in shock. "What is happening?" He groaned softly as he tried sitting up, rubbing his forehead in confusion. "I'm so confused... where is..." he groaned loudly.

She blinked in surprise and jumped when he yanked his hand away from her. She watched him for a moment then hugged him tightly. "I'm so glad you're okay..." she whispered and buried her face in his shoulder.

Ratchets eyes widened and he slowly hugged her back, frowning deeply. "I... what happened?" He furrowed his brow. "Tim... punched me... then I went to see Optimus... I was with... where are they?" He asked worriedly. 

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry... I shouldn't have let you get in front of me.. I should have taken the hit." she choked then looked at him. "What?" she asked in confusion and gently set a hand on his cheek. "Grandad... you were blacked out... probably dreaming..." she whispered.

"Don't regret it... I would always take a hit for you." Ratchet shook his head, running a hand through his grey hair. "No...
what is...?" He sighed heavily. "I'm confused. Skye, how long ago did the Decepticons enslave us?" He asked seriously, wanting to get this straight. He was so lost. 

She watched him and sat by him as a look of concern crossed her face. "Twenty-five years ago..." she whispered. "I think we've almost freed everyone though..." she whispered and looked at him again after looking to the window.

Ratchet began pushing the covers off him, hissing as he took the IV out, disconnecting himself from machines. He shakily began getting out of the bed, trying to stand up. "I need... I need to find Optimus..." he whispered, his knees weak. "I have to talk to him."

"Grandad... Grandad please, you need to rest." she said as she tried to get him to lay back down. "You need to get better first." she said.

Ratchet shook his head. "No, I can't. I need to find Optimus." He groaned softly, his jaw suddenly feeling terrible the more he spoke. He rested his hand against his swollen cheek, sighing as his head still ached but he was determined. "At least let me see if I can call him." He muttered and began walking slowly out of the room and down the hall.

She quickly followed him and gently hugged his arm to keep him steady as she walked with him. She didn't want to protest and bit her lip. "Do... you even have his number?" she asked as they walked to the counter.

"No but one of the nurses showed me the phone book. I must find him, Skye. He can help figure everything out." Ratchet muttered and began opening the book once he got to it, flipping through it.

She nodded a little and stayed with him as he went through the pages. She glanced around as she thought then furrowed her brow. She wanted to be helpful to him. Ratchet murmured to himself as he scanned through the names, looking for a name by Optimus but couldn't find it. He shut the book and sighed heavily, putting his face in his hands, stressed and overwhelmed. His shoulders tensed and he shook his head a bit in confusion.

Skye felt bad for him and carefully hugged him then led him back to the room to rest. "Clear your mind... that might help..." she whispered as she rubbed his back a little.

Ratchet let her lead him back and he trembled a bit. "Thank you." He whispered, rubbing his eyes and eyebrows stressfully. He didn't understand what was real and what wasn't, feeling insane. He looked at Skye. "I need something to knock me out."

"I'm sorry?" she asked and looked at him in surprise then glanced around. "Why would you want that? Just go to sleep... you'll feel better." she whispered wondering if he was insane.

Ratchet sighed and went to bed, laying down. "Whenever I'm knocked out I seem to... travel between different times." He muttered as he began putting the blankets on. "I need more time to talk to Optimus."

She watched him then gently tucked him in before staring at her hands in her lap. "Are... you sure... it's not a dream?" she asked hesitantly. "Something your subconscious mind created?" she whispered, not wanting to offend him.

Ratchet paused, frowning as he wasn't sure. "I... I don't know." He admitted quietly, looking down as he grabbed his blanket in his hands. "I don't know anymore." He muttered as he shook his head. "I... should just forget about all this. It would make things easier."

"No that's not what I'm saying..." she whispered and sat by him then brushed some hair out of his face. "I'm saying... treat it like a dream... you can control what happens... that's how you figure out if it's a dream or not." she said quietly.

Ratchet looked at her with a deep frown, listening. "I'll try..." he murmured and gently took her hand. "Thank you... I'm sorry if I'm worrying you. Don't be." He said quietly.

"It's not that..." she muttered and looked off to the side then shook her head. "Just get some rest..." she said and gently kissed his cheek before staring at her hands again. "I... just... hope you find what you want... and can be happy." she smiled sadly then left the room.

The doctor frowned deeply as he watched her go, realizing something. He looked down and sighed softly, rubbing his face. He began laying down to try and sleep to relax and get his mind off of what happened.

Skye felt he wasn't happy here and wanted him to be. She felt selfish though and hugged herself as she went to visit her father. She wiped her tears away and realized she was alone again. Maybe that was how it had to be now. She shook her head and continued walking.

Ratchet soon fell asleep but woke again to find himself staring up at Optimus again. He looked extremely concerned and helped him sit up. "Are you sure you want to do this? I insist that you rest." he said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

480K 14.6K 98
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
180K 4.8K 42
" She is my wife, stay away from her!" " Keep trying she will remain mine. " " Show me your scars, I want to see how many times you needed...
163K 5.7K 42
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
318K 9.6K 101
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...