I've Forgotten You (TFP AU)

By Arya_Skye

Years ago... The old tired doctor watched the last of the members leave through the glowing bright groundbri... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four

Chapter Nine

470 35 22
By Arya_Skye

Just a heads up this chapter is long. So.... maybe I'll make the next one super short. ;)

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~

Ratchet tensed for a moment, not expecting the hug. He frowned deeply as he realized he made her cry. He began hugging her back, stroking her hair sadly.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it that way." He whispered. He looked to see Raf leaving and frowned, watching quietly before resting his chin on her head, holding her close. "Why don't we grab something warm to drink then go visit your father? We can tell him about our eventful day." He smiled a bit.

She nodded and felt bad for making him feel horrible, again. "Okay..." she whispered quietly and hugged him tightly. "It'll be okay..." she said and led him to a café where they had some hot drinks.

Ratchet went silent and followed her quietly, holding onto her with a small frown. He looked around quietly, sighing softly. He then looked to his granddaughter again. "You're very sweet to me." He murmured. "Thank you." He couldn't remember someone being this sweet to him since June.

She paused and looked at him then furrowed her brow. "Of course... you're welcome..." she whispered quietly and stared at him. "Why wouldn't I be kind to you?" She asked.

Ratchet shook his head. "Never mind." He muttered, rubbing his arm a bit as he looked up over at the chalkboard with drinks listed. He took off his hat and smoothed down his white hair with his wrinkled hand. "I think I'll have some tea." He murmured. 

She watched him intently then nodded slowly before making the order. She didn't know what to do anymore and how to help him. She sighed shakily as she rubbed her face tiredly. She felt as though they kept walking on egg shells around each other. They were constantly trying to keep each other happy and prevent the other from getting hurt. She got a few other things and walked over to him then smiled a little. Ratchet was staring around the room, looking a bit lost in his imagination until she came over. He smiled a bit as he took his drink, placing his hat back onto his head.

"Thank you." He muttered and began leaving the cafe with her. He was silent for a long time as they walked together, sighing softly, the tension in his shoulders relaxing a little. "I'm sure your father would love to hear about the book you got." He finally began speaking up, glancing at her.

She nodded slowly as she kept a hold of his arm. She felt she had to so she didn't lose him. She sighed shakily and squeezed her eyes shut for a few minutes. She wanted to believe everything was going to be okay. "Yes... he will." She whispered and opened her eyes again. 

Ratchet noticed how stressed she was getting and stopped her, frowning. "Skye... its okay. Relax." He said calmly, brushing the hair from her face. "Why are you so stressed?"

"I'm afraid to lose you... Grandad... I was alone for a long time... After dad got hurt... I was alone..." she whispered. "I have developed separation anxiety... and other things...." She said shamefully and looked down. "Now that I have someone... I'm afraid to let go..." she said.

He frowned a bit and cupped her cheek gently with his old soft hand. He rubbed her cheek for a moment as he stared at her. "Skye...you can't let fear control you. I'm going to be fine." He smiled a little reassuringly. "I understand why your scared but we're safe down here. If I get lost then I know to just find someone to help me get home. We're all in the same situation so why would anyone not help me?" He smiled more and kissed her forehead.

"You have a point there." she said as she smiled a little and choked back a sob. "I'm not afraid most of the time... heck I go up to the surface to fight the cons." she joked. "I'm just afraid when it comes to someone that's close to me." she admitted.

Ratchet chuckled softly, rubbing her temple with his thumb gently. "Don't be afraid. Everything is going to be alright, I'm here now." He murmured with a fading smile. She nodded and hugged him again, making sure to be careful of their drinks. She let go and watched him then they continued on to the hospital.

Ratchet sipped on his drink quietly as they entered and went to Jackson's room. He entered and set his drink and book down, going to his son. He pushed back his dark black hair, sighing softly as he took a seat next to him. He slowly took his hand quietly. Skye sat on his other side and gently gripped his hand. She stared blankly for a long time as she sighed. She looked at her grandfather who was on the other side of her father. She gently kissed Jacks hand as tears filled her eyes. 

Ratchet watched her sadly before leaning back in his chair with a sigh. He grabbed his book after a while and began to read it, listening to the silence and the beeping of his sons monitor.

After a while he realized it was late into the night. Ratchet rubbed his eyes as he looked up and smiled a little seeing her asleep. Skye was holding her father's hand as she slept with her arms folded on the bed. Her face buried in her arms as she dreamed of distant lands. The old man set the book to the side and got up stiffly. He went over to her and took the blanket, laying it over her. He checked his sons vitals quietly before slowly leaving and going down the hall, shoving his hands in his coat pockets as he walked.

He didn't see many people except for the skeleton and night crew. They nodded politely to him as they smiled a little. Ratchet smiled faintly at them, nodding in silent greeting as he passed by them. He looked around, making small notes of the hospitals structure and went to go see Robin.

He looked around for a while and finally found her in the room with her two brothers. She was sleeping on the couch as her brothers slept on the bed. The old doctor smiled faintly, his smile sad. He walked over and began unwrapping the young man's bandages, putting new bandages on quietly.

Elliott twitched as he felt movement then looked at him. He stared at him intently but didn't say anything or move. Ratchet was silent and gentle as if he didn't want to wake anyone. He soon got the bandage off and disposed of it. He saw the boy awake when he turned and stared for a moment before continuing his work silently.

The child whimpered quietly when the man looked at him then he slowly sat up. He watched him work and cocked his head to the side. The old medic soon finished and gave a gentle tug to make sure it was tight enough and placed the Velcro end onto the bandage.

He began standing with a grunt, going to the hand sanitizer. "You should keep resting." He muttered to the child. Elliott watched him for a moment then glanced at his brothers leg to make sure nothing was wrong with it. He whimpered quietly and watched the man walk over to wash his hands.

The child got down and the doctor heard the pitter-patter of feet. When he looked over his shoulder he saw the small boy standing by him. He was staring at his toes as he kept his hands close to himself. He fiddled with his fingers as he rocked on his bare feet a little. 

Ratchet washed his hands quietly then looked down at the boy when he finished. "What are you doing barefoot?" He grunted. "Are you aware of how many germs are on a hospital floor?" He grumbled. The  boy didn't say anything as he continued to stare at his cold toes. He shifted a little and continued to stare as he thought. He mumbled something but the man didn't hear him.

Ratchet frowned and crouched down. "Do you have shoes?" He muttered as he looked at the boy. He didn't say anything and looked over to his sister. She had a few backpacks by her and the doctor saw shoes and socks by them. Elliott looked over at his brother then at him again.

"Thank you..." he whispered, almost too quiet to hear. "For... helping... our... brother..." he whispered. 

Ratchet blinked, frowning deeper at how traumatized this child seemed to be. "Of course." he muttered and got up to grab the socks. He came back over and knelt by him. "You should put these on." He advised. The boy stepped back and jumped a little when he got close. He stared for a moment then slowly looked at him. He then looked at his toes and sat on the floor then held his legs up.

Ratchet watched him curiously and quietly. He took one of his ankles and set it on his knee as he put the sock over his foot. "How old are you Elliot?" He asked quietly as he took his other ankle.

He watched him take his feet and put his socks on. He glanced back up at him and nodded slowly. "Dis many..." he whispered quietly and put up six fingers. "Six...." he mumbled. 

Ratchets expression softened and his chest hurt a bit, seeing this little boy with this situation. "Wow, your a big boy then." He smiled a bit as he finished putting the sock on. He gently set his feet back onto the cool floor and began getting up, grunting as his knees felt achy. 

Elliott watched him then got up hesitantly and stepped back. "You... hurt?" He asked quietly as he stared at the floor. Not wanting to upset the man by looking at him. 

Ratchet shook his head as he began standing up. "No, just old." He smiled slightly before sighing a little. "You should rest, Elliott. It's late."

The boy nodded slowly but still didn't look up at him as he stepped back again. "Okay..." he whispered quietly and glanced at his brother. 

Ratchet nodded and began to leave before pausing as a thought crossed him. "Elliott, have you had a check up?"

The child looked at him then whimpered quietly before shaking his head and stepping back. "No.... they hurt..." he mumbled and shook a little with fear. "Don't... hurt me...." he whispered.

The doctor frowned and began kneeling down again. "I'm not going to hurt you, Elliott. Calm down." He murmured softly. "Are you hurt at all?" He asked quietly.

He shook his head quickly as he looked up at him then down again. "N-n-no....." he whispered again.

Ratchet looked at him sadly and worriedly. "Alright..." he said getting up again. "Rest some, young one." He muttered and began leaving, not wanting to force him.

The boy hesitated and looked at him then nodded slowly. He whimpered quietly and didn't want the nice man to leave. He rushed over to the door but stopped suddenly and stared at his toes. He then went back to his brother and climbed on the bed then snuggled close to him. Ratchet paused as the boy ran after him. He blinked and watched him go back to the bed and sighed softly, leaving them as he went down the hall silent. He went back to his sons room for a moment and laid on the couch, sleep quickly claiming his mind.

In the morning he realized he had a blanket over himself, and some hot coffee on a table beside him. Skye was sitting by her father and silently drinking out of a mug as she stared at him. Ratchet yawned softly as he began waking, rubbing his tired wrinkled face. He looked at the two of them, frowning a bit, blinking as he looked around.

He then looked at her and began getting up, setting the blanket on the couch. "Sleep well?" He asked softly as he walked over.

She looked up and smiled a little as she watched him. "Yes. How did you sleep?" She asked quietly. She set her mug down then got up and got him the coffee.

"I slept alright." He smiled a bit, his body still waking, feeling numb and exhausted. He took the warm coffee and smiled a bit. "Thank you."he muttered and sipped on it before looking to Jack with saddened eyes. He sighed. "Did you read to him?" He asked quietly.

"Yes I did." She said as she looked at him then smiled a little. "It was nice this morning... peaceful..." she whispered quietly. She glanced at him then handed him a little food that was on a plate by her. "I let him know I was alive and everything was okay." She said. 

Ratchet blinked and calmly took it, having a few bites quietly. "That's good, I'm sure he loved listening to you." He smiled a bit, rubbing her back. "Any change from him?" 

"Nothing..." she whispered as she sighed and drank from the cup. She stared blankly for a few minutes then drank some more. "I told him to come back after I made sure he was up to date..." she whispered. 

Ratchets expression fell a bit. He placed his hand on her shoulder and gave a small squeeze. "It's going to be alright, Skye. He just needs time." He murmured, his blue eyes looking at her reassuringly.

"Thank you... I know he does... I just want him to know what's going on... and to know everything is going well." She whispered and looked at him as she smiled slightly. 

"I'm sure he enjoys being caught up.'' Ratchet smiled a little and sighed softly. He looked at the wall across from them, staring silently in thought. He began taking a seat next to her, grunting a bit.

She looked at him and watched him with concern. "You okay?" She asked quietly and gently set a hand on his arm.

"I'm fine." Ratchet murmured, his mind running with worries for Jack and his family. His fingers fiddled with his ring, the action turning into a nervous habit of his when anxious. "Are you alright?" He looked at her.

"Yes... I'll go get some more food... I need to walk around anyway." She whispered quietly and got up. She handed him his book and smiled a little as she walked off.

Ratchet stood up, wanting to stop her but resisted, sitting down again as he took the book. He sighed heavily and set the book to the side. He sat there for a long moment before an idea came to his mind. He got up and went to the remote by his son and called for the Nurse silently.

After a few minutes, a nurse came over and furrowed her brow. "Yes? Is everything alright?" She asked. "Wait... there isn't a patient in here." She frowned. 

Ratchet looked over at her. "What are you talking about?" He blinked, glaring a bit before huffing. "Never mind, I need to know if there is some sort of communication... like phones... phone-books..." he said seriously. 

"I'm saying there isn't anyone in here." She said with a huff and glanced towards the bed. "This room is off limits. And yes we have a phone and phone book. Follow me." She said and motioned for him to leave. 

Ratchet narrowed his eyes. "What are you saying? My son is there in a coma!" He spoke seriously, frowning deeply as he felt offended, following her, trying to remain level headed.

"Calm down sir." She said seriously and looked at him then walked down the hallway. He started to question himself. She didn't seem to see his son. "We'll get this squared away." She smiled brightly. Ratchet went silent, frowning. He followed her, wondering how it could be possible she didn't see him as Jack's name was on the clipboard. He rubbed his forehead, confused. Was Jackson a figment of his imagination?

She led him to the front of the hospital and pulled out a phone book and pointed to the phone. "There you go sir." She said and walked away. 

Ratchet didn't say anything as he grabbed the phone book. He began flipping through it, looking for a name. He picked up the phone and dialed Rafeal Esquivels phone number. He listened to it ring but didn't get an answer.

He suddenly heard fighting in the waiting room and saw Skye hitting a young man as she screamed at him. Another young man and woman rushed over to separate them.

Ratchets eyes widened and he shoved the phone back on the dial before rushing over. He began to help separate them from each other. "Skye! What do you think your doing!?" He shouted, pulling her away as he wrapped his arms around her. "Hey, what's gotten into you?" He asked frowning deeply.

The man's friends held him back as they calmed down. Skye continued to struggle but stopped as she looked at him. "Tim said they should pull the plug on dad!" She screamed as she tried to get free. "He said he won't wake up!" She shouted and struggled again.

"You don't know that he'll ever wake up." The man spat out some blood. "He can't hear you anyway! He's dead!" He shouted. Skye screamed angrily and got free then started clawing at the man and hitting him.

Ratchets eyes widened and he went to grab at her again, trying to pull her back but his old age made it hard. "Skye!" He cried softly, trying to calm her down.

He began speaking comforting words in her ear as he pressed his head against her hair. She finally calmed and buried her face in his shoulder as she cried quietly and shook. She was so angry  and hurt. The other man was pulled away by his friends and they talked to him to calm him.

He shushed her gently, rubbing her back and stroking her hair. He frowned deeply, holding her close. "I'll talk to this man, alright?" He said seriously. She nodded and looked back at the man, then slowly let go and stepped back. She watched her grandfather then glared darkly at the others. 

Ratchet let go of her and walked up to the man, frowning. "Who are you?" He asked seriously, glaring at the man a bit but did his best to remain calm.

"My name is Tim. I'm one of the soldiers that go up to the surface and rescue idiots like you." He growled lowly. Skye clenched her fists tightly as she watched him. 

Ratchet narrowed his eyes. "Then go do your job instead of standing here and telling us how to run our lives in this hospital." He sneered a bit. "Your arrogant and I hope someone doesn't care about you for when you get hurt up there because you think you know everything."

Tim narrowed his eyes and clenched his fists tightly as he shrugged his friend off. "Shut up old man." He spat. "You don't know anything and living in this hospital is stupid! Everyone dies here!" He shouted and shoved him back a little. Skye carefully caught him and glared darkly. The older man stood up and she moved in front of him.

"Leave us alone." She growled angrily and the man glared back. "Go back to the barracks and do your job." She said seriously.

"Don't tell me what to do!" The man shouted and went to punch her. Ratchet moved her in time but got punched hard in the face. He fell back and Skye tried to catch him as her eyes widened in horror.

"Grandad-!" She screamed before he hit his head and blacked out. It was the last thing he heard. He slowly opened his eyes and found himself staring at up at a red and blue bot.

"Ratchet? Are you alright Old Friend?" The bot asked as he held his servo out to him.

"Ya Doc you fell over." Another voice said and he saw the yellow bot by a big green one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 60.5K 73
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
607K 9.4K 87
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
482K 14.6K 98
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
959K 21.9K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.