Beautiful Lies (Complete)

By AngieAngC

Book 2 in the 'Beautiful' Trilogy. Niccolo De Luca, now 26 years of age and next in line to take over as The... More

Main Character List
Prologue
Chapter 2 - Formal Introductions
Chapter 3 - Game On
Chapter 4 - These Games We Play
Chapter 5 - Cream
Chapter 6 - Testing the Waters
Chapter 7 - 'We Need To Talk'
Chapter 8 - Opportunity
Chapter 9 - Struggles
Chapter 10 - Bad Romance
Chapter 11 - Lack of Afterglow
Chapter 12 - Insatiability
Chapter 13 - Beach Day
Chapter 14 - Caught Out
Chapter 15 - Hiding
Chapter 16 - Slipped Away
Chapter 17 - Carry On
Chapter 18 - Rafael
Chapter 19 - Burn In Love
Chapter 20 - Realisation
Chapter 21 - First Date (Part 1)
Chapter 22 - First Date (Part 2)
Chapter 23 - First Date (Part 3)
Chapter 24 - Old Friend
Chapter 25 - Mine
Chapter 26 - Family Lunch
Chapter 27 - Aftermath
Chapter 28 - Rage
Chapter 29 - As Time Goes By
Chapter 30 - Discovering The Truth
Chapter 31 - Someone You Loved
Chapter 32 - Hurts Like Hell
Chapter 33 - 8 Letters
Chapter 34 - Sierra's Truth
Chapter 35 - Code Blue
Chapter 36 - Listen
Chapter 37 - Trying to Heal
Chapter 38 - All My Love
Chapter 39 - Old Friends
Chapter 40 - Never
Chapter 41 - Stop Running
Chapter 42 - You Deserve It All
Chapter 43 - For Us
Chapter 44 - Second Chance
Chapter 45 - Family Affairs
Chapter 46 - Puppy of Love
Chapter 47 - My Forever
Chapter 48 - My Family
Epilogue
Beautiful Lies Trailer
Announcement

Chapter 1 - Gaining Entry

20.2K 591 175
By AngieAngC

7 Years Later

Sierra's POV

I walked into the club, an hour before opening, to get ready for my shift. I chucked my stuff into a locker, taking only my phone and car keys with me. I've been working here for almost 3 months now. It was one of De Luca's clubs, and I needed a way of getting closer to the family. This one was run by his daughter, who is my age. Sweet girl, we have had some fun moments and I have enjoyed her friendship. Pity that she has a murderer for a father. 

I haven't met anyone else from the family in these three months. I told Papá that this would take some time. I am not the same, over-enthusiastic girl from 7 years ago. I am more calculated, more precise and calmer in my takedowns. I was going to do this right, and I was going to do it right the first time. I will kill Dominic De Luca and he will pay for murdering my mother. 

I went behind the bar, preparing the countertop for opening. The glasses needed to be well within reach, the ice bucket filled, lemon slices cut, and the alcohol needed to be checked for stock purposes. This place gets extremely busy, especially on a Friday night. As I went about it, I noticed Elena gait into the club. She was on the phone and gesturing with her hands, indicating it was a frustrating phone call. 

Elena is Dominic's daughter, the younger child out of the 2. From what Elena has told me, her brother runs the other 2 clubs and a bar which he started up himself. She, of course, forgot to mention the part where he is next in line to be the Don of the Mafia. I have done my research on this family. 

Dominic De Luca, 56 years of age and current Don for the past 38 years. Aria De Luca, 55 years of age and the Don's wife. She is a qualified surgeon who works in a clinic for abused women and children.  Niccolo De Luca, their firstborn. He is 26 years of age, currently being prepared to take over when his father steps down or passes, whichever comes first. Well, sorry to disappoint you Niccolo but that time will be coming sooner rather than later. Finally, Elena De Luca; their second child, 24 years of age and running this current club, The Pheonix.

Elena made her way over, sitting at one of the stools in front of the bar. Our eyes met and she rolled them, clearly at something being said by the person on the other line. 

"Yes, daddy, I will find someone to look after the dogs and train them. For goodness sake, you're not giving Nico this kind of grief about his dog." 

Look after the dogs and train them... Huh, would you look at that? Fate clearly is on my side, giving me a point of entry I will thoroughly enjoy.  

"Yes, yes, I know. You want to meet them blah, blah, blah. I will sort it out." 

I started drying the glasses with a dishcloth, all the while still listening to the conversation. 

"Seriously, Papà? Could you stop with that, please? I am here working, not fucking around with men. Contrary to popular belief, I like my men in one piece. That is not probable when hidden from you or Nico. Should there ever be a man, you will meet him. Okay, this conversation is over. I love you, bye." 

With that, she clicked the end of the phone call, not allowing her father to say anything further. She dropped her head against the counter, linking her fingers over it. 

"Rough day?" I said, casually, to her. 

"You have no idea. My father is driving me nuts. If it's not about the dogs, it's about me dating. Ugh." She mumbled into the counter, before sitting upright again. 

I poured 2 shots of vodka, sliding one in front of her. 

"Ah, you know me so well, you heaven-sent beauty." She exclaimed before picking up the shot glass.

I lifted mine to hers, gently hitting them together before knocking them to the back of our throats. She then slid the shot glass back to me.

"So, tell me about these dogs," I said to her, nonchalantly. 

Her eyes narrowed on me, giving me a confused expression. I chuckled before continuing.

"I wanted to study veterinary science before coming back here. Things happened, and that is no longer an affordable option. I love dogs and I could definitely do with the extra cash." I shrugged my shoulders. At least this part wasn't a lie. 

She screeched, bopping up and down on the stool. 

"This is amazing! I know you, I trust you and we're friends outside of work. Would you be able to come through tomorrow morning?" She asked, placing her hands together in front of her chest. 

"Sure." I gave her a small smile. 

"Awesome!" 

"So, what dogs are we dealing with here?" I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little excited to be in my element around dogs again. 

"Oh, they are adorable! Although, my brother's dog can be a jerk at times. Don't they say that dogs tend to take on the personality of their owner? Well, he doesn't take well to strangers and has been known to bite them." She said cautiously, almost as if she were afraid I would back out.

"Dogs love me. Those strangers were probably approaching him in a manner that he felt threatened. There are ways to approach a dog, depending on the signs they give you." 

"Wow, you really do know your stuff, don't you?" She had a huge grin across her face. "Well, my brother has a Cocker Spaniel. He is now 2 years old and his name's Major. Then I have a Labradoodle. She's also 2 years old and her name's Rogue." 

"Cute dogs, and strong names," I remark, finishing up the prep around the bar just as Simon walked in. 

Simon is my colleague by the bar. He's an attractive man, 2 years older than me, tattoos down his left leg, hazel eyes, and dark brown hair that he styles up into spikes. He has tried making advances on me multiple times and each time I politely decline. As inviting as his alluring persona is, I am here for one thing and I definitely cannot have distractions like him around. 

"Alright, if I don't see you tonight before you leave, is 9 tomorrow morning a good time for you?" Elena brought me back from my thoughts. 

"Sure thing." I gave her a sweet smile.

"Awesome! I'll text you the address." With that, she was off to do her usual duties. 

I already know where you live, but you don't know that. The first lot of party-goers were filing into the club, beelining their way straight to the bar. 

"Hey, sexy." Simon charmingly whispers into my ear as he brushes past me to the other side of the bar. 

"Simon." I roll my eyes. 

I felt satisfied with today's improvements. Tomorrow I gain entry into the De Luca's home, and that means one step closer to avenging my mother's death. 

Sierra's POV

I waited by their massive gate, my elbow leaning on the open window, tapping my fingers on the roof to the beat of the song playing in my car. The guards here at the entrance needed approval before they could let me in. It took about 10 minutes before I finally managed to pull inside. I drove up the driveway as their house came into view. Holy shit. This place was gigantic. I'm glad he's living a cozy lifestyle. I scoffed while parking my car next to their clover-shaped fountain. 

I hopped out and locked the car before making my way to the front door. It swung open before I could reach it, revealing a grinning Elena. Her eyes darted behind me, her mouth dropping open. 

"Oh my God! Is that your car?" She looked like a kid in a toy store with her beaming face. 

"Um, yeah..." I trailed off. 

"That's the Ford Mustang GT500 Eleanor 1969?" She asked me.

"1967, but close enough. I'm impressed, you know your cars." I was genuinely impressed. Not many girls know these kinds of things, and she definitely doesn't strike me as the car type. 

"My mother is obsessed with muscle cars. I clearly inherited her love for them. She will lose her mind when she sees your car. My father has a white 1967 Shelby Mustang." She stated. 

"Nice." I nodded. 

"Well, come on in. We can have a cup of coffee while my parents get ready for the day. They should be down soon then we can talk."

"Sounds good." 

I followed her into the foyer of the house. Damn, this place was impeccable. We were about to make our way out of there when we heard giggling coming from the stairs. This caused Elena to step back, having a look then jeer with a roll of her eyes. I followed her gaze to see her brother bringing a petite blonde girl with big boobs down the stairs. She was half-dressed and kept trying to touch his naked torso. She had her shorts on, unbuttoned, then her blouse was undone, revealing her lace bra underneath and her heels in her hands. They were stumbling down the stairs as Elena cleared her throat. 

Niccolo looked up, giving his sister a knowing smile before his eyes landed on me. He looked over every inch of my body, almost as if committing it to memory for later on. His gaze landed on my chest where they lingered a little too long. I wore an AC/DC ripped top, with 3 small slits in a V shape from the top of my breasts to the middle. Yes, my cleavage was showing slightly, but he wasn't even trying to hide his lust for me. Ugh. 

"Eyes up here, buddy," I said clearly and sternly. 

His eyes snapped to mine as he narrowed them on me. Yes, jackass, I just called you out in front of your little girlfriend and she is not impressed. She glared at me like I just seduced her man with intentions of taking him. For the love of God, I am not up for this petty girl bullshit. 

"Puta, la neta que tu hombre no está satisfecho si está viendo las chichis de otra. Así que bájale los huevos y ahí muere tu puta actitud." (Bitch, clearly your man isn't satisfied if he is checking out other women's boobs. So, calm down and that's it with your attitude.)  

I rolled my eyes as she furrowed her brows at me, confusion spread across her face. I noticed Niccolo raise an eyebrow, an amused smirk upon his lips as he nodded. Did he understand what I just said? 

"Was that Spanish?" His bimbo finally spoke. "But you don't look Spanish. How come you don't look Spanish?" 

My mouth sat agape as I tilted my head, staring at her in disbelief. Is this bitch for real? Why do boys like the 'big boobs, little to no brain cells' type of women? 

"I don't know, sweety. Probably the same reason you don't look stupid." I said nonchalantly with a shrug of my shoulders. 

She gasped and looked over to Niccolo, expecting him to defend her. Instead, he stood there trying his hardest to stifle a laugh. Elena was not as subtle and burst out in hysterics. Well, at least she has enough brain cells to understand my insult. Before she could retort with anything further, the voice of an older lady bellowed through the foyer. 

"Niccolo De Luca!!" 

"Ah, shit." Niccolo cursed under his breath. He tried pushing his girlfriend along the foyer towards the front door. 

"Mamma!" He exclaimed, sounding out her name ever so sweetly. 

I watched as his mother briskly walked down the stairs, her face scrunched up in anger. 

"Don't you dare Mamma me!" she shouted as she reached the bottom of the staircase. "What have I told you about bringing your whores into my house?" 

"Excuse me!? Who the hell do you think you are calling me a whore?" She took a step towards Aria with her high pitched shrieking voice. 

I shook my head, pinching the bridge of my nose. This bitch is hopeless. You do not disrespect an elder in their own home, especially your boyfriend's mother. 

Aria turned her attention to her. 

"You..." she pointed at her. "Scatter!" She commanded with a flick of her wrist. "Get the fuck out of my house!" 

She tried to say something again but Aria held up her finger against her lips. 

"Hush! Let's try this again, get the fuck out of my house before I throw you out myself. And those inflated breasts of yours are going to pop the minute they have contact with my pebble stones out front." Damn, this woman is savage. It's a pity her husband is a killer, we would have gotten along really well. 

Niccolo cut in front of his mother, gently pushing his girlfriend through the front door, leaving her on the porch as he shut it. He turned around, giving his mother an innocent smile. 

"Niccolo, I have warned you! I will not have these extracurricular activities happening under my roof, with whore after whore coming through here. If you want to do that then you can pack your bags and leave." She had an authoritative tone to her voice, as she stood in front of him, a head shorter. 

"Come on, Ma. You know my house is under construction." 

"I don't give a fuck! Then you can go to a hotel! But I'll be damned if you are going to continue this bullshit in my house! Actually, I'll be damned if I am going to allow my son to turn into a man-whore like his father used to be!" She crossed her arms over her chest. 

"For fucks sakes, how did I get involved in this argument?" I heard a deep voice from the top of the stairs. I looked up to see Dominic fucking De Luca walking down towards us. 

"Oh, I don't know, Dominic. Probably when you decided to stick your dick in anything that has a vagina! Your son inherited that bullshit from you!" 

My eyes widened as I covered my mouth, trying my best to not allow the laugh threatening to be released. This was so entertaining I almost forgot the man I absolutely loathe is standing so close to me. I could draw my gun and shoot him right now. 

"I am so disappointed in you, Nico." She said, genuinely upset as she walked away and into another room. 

"Why must you do these things? You know very well your actions land up slapping me in the face, both literally and figuratively." Dominic spoke to his son in a serious tone. "You know your mother is going through menopause, the psycho bitch in her is present at the click of her fingers." 

Niccolo ran a hand through his hair as he sighed. 

"Fine! Geez... It's just sex. What's wrong with that?" He was now frustrated. 

"The fact that you never used to be this kind of person. Something changed in you 3 years ago, your mother knows it and she is worried about you. Talk to us, Nico." His father tried speaking to him sincerely.

"You are all overreacting. Nothing happened, nothing has changed except I am not meant to be a one-woman man. Simple. You used to be the same, so what's the problem?" 

"I was the same because I was trying to hide behind that persona for other reasons and feelings I didn't want to confront. But one day, you will meet the woman that forces you to confront it to be with her, and it will be worth it." Dominic said to him. 

"Whatever, Dad. I'm out." 

With that, Niccolo left without a second glance to me or his sister. He headed back upstairs and after a few minutes, the slamming of a door could be heard. I wonder what that was about? My curiosity always gets the better of me at times. 

"Elena, who is this?" Dominic was speaking to Elena while pointing a finger at me, raising an eyebrow. 

I looked up, meeting his eyes. For the first time in my life, I was looking into the blue eyes that my mother saw last. 

I need to thank the gorgeous cmullerwrites for her assistance with this chapter. I appreciate it, darling! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

554K 12.2K 53
I gasped when he turned us, pressing us against the hard wall and wrapped my leg around his waist. His body began grinding against mine, our tongues...
183K 3.1K 33
โš ๏ธTOXIC LOVE! I've warned you guys so don't hate, there is no need just leave if you don't like it no one forces you guys to read itโš ๏ธ โš ๏ธI'll mute an...
64.1K 2.7K 32
Completed Sequel to A Penny For Your Tears With Olivia back in the treacherous arms of Mafia leader Luca Barletta and Elias fatally injured, the odd...
1.2M 25.8K 59
[COMPLETED] _____________________________________________ "You're worth more than a fucking deal, Amara." __________________________________________...