A Torn Ace

By RoseAmentio

Ace Xio Long, Younger Brother to Yang and Older Half-Brother to Ruby. His home life is hell, being used as a... More

Character Bio
Harem
What Rises Shall Fight
A New Home, A New Life
As Time Passes...
The Past Returns
Welcome to Beacon
An Unexpected Reunion
Roses, Aces, and Beauties
Bitter Sweet Vengeance
New Girl?
A New Feathery Friend
Painted into Love
New Girl Winners!
Merry Christmas!
Christmas Special: A Snowy Present
A Mission Gone Wrong
A Hidden Fire, Burning with Rage
Sweet like Ice Cream, Sour like Evil
Two Champions For One Ace
An Apology

Drawing into Initiation

2.9K 46 14
By RoseAmentio

As we walked into the massive auditorium that Beacon held within it's walls, I could here the sound of Yang calling for her sister. Ruby looks over when she hears Yang's voice.

Yang: *waving* Ruby! Over here! I saved you a spot!

Ruby: *to Blake* Oh! Hey, I-I gotta go! I'll see you after the ceremony! *leaves*

Blake: See you later...

Me: *leaning over* New in the getting friends department Blake?

Blake: Not really...Well...it's complicated.

Me: It's a learning experience. Don't worry about it to much.

Relm: *yelling* Ace! Over here!

I turn to see Relm waving her hand right next to Frisk and Chara. I walk up to them as Blake follows close behind me.

Frisk: Hey Blake! Haven't seen you in a bit.

Blake: It's only been one day...

Chara: Meh, it still works. Name's Chara.

Relm: My name's Relm.

Blake: Name's Blake, Blake Belladonna. It's nice to see the rest of you.

Chara: Yeah, I don't remember seeing you on the train, yet Frisk said you were.

Me: That's true, but you overslept and was nearly left behind.

Chara shakes her head as Frisk and Relm chuckle. Blake turns to me with a nice smile before the sound of a microphone is heard booting up. We all turn to the front to see Ozpin at the mic while Glynda is close by.

Ozpin: I'll... keep this brief. You have traveled here today in search of knowledge, to hone your craft and acquire new skills, and when you have finished, you plan to dedicate your life to the protection of the people. But I look amongst you, and all I see is wasted energy, in need of purpose, direction. *as the students whisper among themselves* You assume knowledge will free you of this, but your time at this school will prove that knowledge can only carry you so far. It is up to you to take the first step.

Glynda: *as Ozpin leaves, she steps up to talk* You will gather in the ballroom tonight; tomorrow, your initiation begins. Be ready. You are dismissed.

Frisk: That..seemed kinda off.

Relm: Almost like he wasn't there to begin with.

Blake: It's short and simple.

Jaune: *out've nowhere* I'm a natural blond, you know!

Chara and Frisk facepalm as I slightly chuckle at his attempts at flirting.

Later that night...(Narrator)

The first night at Beacon, students are splayed out in sleeping bags. Ruby, in her pajamas and with a sleeping mask around her head, is writing in a journal when Yang crashes next to her, similarly dressed.

Yang: It's like a big slumber party!

Ruby: *not looking up* I don't think Dad would approve of all the boys, though.

Yang: I know I do! *purrs as she watches several muscular, shirtless guys... and Jaune, dressed in feetie pajamas, waving to her, which makes her groan before she returns her attention to Ruby* What's that?

Ruby: A letter to the gang back at Signal. I promised to tell them all about Beacon and how things are going.

Yang: Aw, that's so cuuuute! *knocked back as a pillow is launched at her face*

Ruby: Shut up! I didn't get to take my friends with me to school! It's weird not knowing anyone here!

Yang: What about Jaune? He's... nice! There you go! Plus one friend! That's a hundred percent increase!

Ruby: *turning on her back* Pretty sure Weiss counts as a negative friend. Back to zero...

Yang: What about Ace? *looking around* speaking of which, where is he?

Blake: *walking to a chair* He's outside...

Yang: *turns to Blake as she sits down* And you are?

Blake: Blake.

Yang: Oh, well nice to meet you!

Yang waves at Blake, who does a simple wave before opening her book and absorbing herself into it. Yang turns to her right, seeing Ace staring towards the moon.

Yang: Wonder what he's doing...*turns to Ruby* Wanna find out?

Ruby: I mean...I guess we-

Yang: Alright! Come on!

Yang grabs Ruby's arm and pulls her towards Ace, but stays near the doorframe with Ruby near her. Ace is standing with his hands behind his back as he sighs before he puts his pulls down his hood.

Yang: What's he doing?

Ruby: I don't know...

Ace slightly turns and enters a fight stance, before he begins practicing. He starts with some simple punches and kicks, before he starts going more advanced with Axe kicks and sweeping slide strikes.

Ace: Fōkasu... Anata no jikan ga kagayaku... (Translation: Focus...Your time will shine...)

Ruby: What did he say?

Yang: I don't...know...

Yang watches Ace as he practices, as she gets reminded of Ace and how he would warm up before they started the practice back when they were younger. His style of fighting then and now were near perfect to each other. Ace, after doing a triple air kick, lands on the ground and takes a few steps back, breathing heavily as he looks back at the stars and mutters something that Yang could barely hear.

Ace: I miss you...sis...I wish I could tell you what truly happened to me...

Ace returns to training, but this time using his weapon. Yang watches with awe as Ruby watches with stars in her eyes. The floating cards around him moved along with his fingers, as magic was being used in control.

Ace: Great Spiral!

Ace spins as he rises into the air, a light blue glyph appears on the ground as multiple cards attack the glyph at Lighting speeds before Ace moves he's arms down, and a massive laser hits the glyph. As Ace lands, no damage was seen on the ground. Ace breathes heavily before nodding his head, as he lifts his hood and walks back towards the two sisters. They stare at him before he turns, unamused and slightly tired.

Ace: I know you were watching me practice. I could feel your aura's.

Ruby: Wait...you knew we were there?

Ace: Yes, you radiate an aura of happiness and friendship, and Yang radiates an Aura of a strong, independent woman who's willing to do what she believes is right.

Yang: That's...very specific...

Ace: When you train with multiple masters and family, it's a sense you gain. Anyways, why are you two still up? Initiation is tomorrow and it's late, you need your sleep.

Ruby: Oh yeah...well, you see....Yang wanted to find you...

Ace: and for what reason? *looks over to the other boys who are topless and showing abs*

Yang: I think you may already have a clue...

Ace: *smiles as he returns his look to the two* I already know, but I don't think it would look as...attractive as the others.

Yang: Awww come on. Can't you have a little bit of fun? *winks*

Ace: I can, but I choose when to decide between fun and being serious. Now then, let us get rest.

Ace turns around and walks away from the two girls. Yang looks at Ace as the words still echo in her mind, "I miss you...sis...I wish I could tell you what truly happened to me..."

Yang: *in thought* Ace...could I be mistaken...or is that...really my lost brother?

The next morning...(Ace perspective)

I woke up and looked over at my scroll to check the time, it was 7 in the morning. I had exactly an hour before the initiation. I got up and changed into my regular attire and put on my Vigilante robe. I walk over to my locker and open it, grab my weapon and close my locker as I hear Ruby and Yang talking nearby, so I look over and see what they're talking about.

Yang: So, you seem awfully chipper this morning!

Ruby: Yep! No more awkward small talk or "getting-to-know-you" stuff. Today, I get to let my sweetheart do the talking. *strokes Crescent Rose as she sighs happily*

Yang: Well, remember, Ruby, you're not the only one going through initiation. If you wanna grow up, you're gonna have to meet new people and learn to work together.

Ruby: *sighs in frustration* You sound like Dad! *shoves her weapon into the locker* Okay, first of all: What does meeting new people have to do with fighting? And secondly: I don't need people to help me grow up! I drink milk!

Yang: But what about when we form teams?

Ruby: *suddenly nervous* Um, I don't know, I... I'll just be on your team or something...

Yang: *Bringing her hair around her shoulder and stroking it* Maybe you should try being on someone else's team?

Ruby: My dear sister Yang, are you implying that you do not wish to be on the same team as me?

Yang: What? No! Of course I do! I just thought... I don't know, maybe it would help you... break out of your shell!

Ruby: What the-?! I don't need to 'break out of my shell'! That's absolutely-

Me: *walking up from behind* -wrong actually, you'll need to break out of you shell at some point.

Ruby: *jumps in fear and turns around* Ahh! A...Ace I wasn't expecting you!

Me: My apologizes, but I thought I should spread my insight. Ruby, if you meet new people, or heck, they're even on your team, your going to have to learn how to cooperate with them. A disorganized team who goes their separate ways with a team leader who won't work with them is destined to fail.

Yang: *rolls eyes and smiles* You and your advice for others. Only by observing I just find it-

Jaune: Ridiculous! *suddenly walking in between the sisters, holding a map and looking lost* There's no way I put my gear in locker 636 yesterday! I would've remembered having to count that high! Why does this have to happen today?

Me: *as Jaune walks away* Jaune! Your gear is in locker 498.

Jaune: *Off-screne* Thanks!

Me: Anyways...*returns focus to Ruby and Yang* Either of you know where my sisters are? I haven't seen them this morning.

Yang: Yeah. They headed to Breakfast an hour ago.

Relm: Aceeeeee!

I turn around as Relm tackles me to the ground with joy. Chara and Frisk soon catch up to her as I look at Relm and smile. She stands up and helps me up as I brush off some dust.

Relm: Sorry about that.

Me: No worries sis. You just seem very excited today.

Relm: Well Yeah! It's initiation!

Chara: and also the fact she's hyped up on sugar from breakfast.

Me: Says the one who took all the chocolate pancakes.

Chara: *surprised* How could you tell?!

Without saying a word, I point to he cheek, which had chocolate marks all over it. She wipes it off and finishes the chocolate leftover as Frisk opens her locker and grabs Chara's weapon. I spin my card in my hand as I turn to Ruby and Yang.

Me: Shall we ladies?

Everyone nods in agreement as we hear the intercom boot up as Glynda speaks through it.

Glynda (voice only): Would all first-year students please report to Beacon Cliff for initiation? Again, all first-year students report to Beacon Cliff immediately.

I snatch my card between my fingers as we all head to the doors. Weiss soon joins us with a Red-haired girl behind her. Jaune is still grabbing his gear, and a duo join the group apparently as we make our way to initiation. I slightly lag behind to walk next to the Red-haired girl as I begin speaking to her, but I already knew who she was.

Me: Ms: Nikos, it's nice to see you again.

She immediately turns to me with a smile.

Pyrrha: Ace! It's good to see you again! It's been a while hasn't it?

Me: Too long Pyrrha. It's been a few years since we've meet.

Pyrrha: You know...I've found it impressive that...well...

Me: What?

Pyrrha: You haven't told them yet.

I look at Ruby and Yang, and slightly sigh as I turn back to Pyrrha.

Me: It's tricky...I've told them that I'm in a coma and with a good friend of mine. So if they do figure out my lie, it could end...pretty badly.

Pyrrha: Well...You'll have to tell them eventually. Promise me that when the times right, You'll tell them.

Me: Ok...I Promise.

We both nod as we head outside to our initiation. We soon arrive at Beacon Cliff, overlooking a forest, where several students — some old, some new, and some unseen — are standing on silver tiles in front of a mug-holding Professor Ozpin and Glynda with her tablet.

Ozpin: For years, you have trained to become warriors, and today, your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest.

Glynda: Now, I'm sure many of you have heard rumors about the assignment of "teams." Well, allow us to put an end to your confusion. Each of you will be given teammates... today.

Ruby: What? Ohhh...

Ozpin: These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time here at Beacon. So it is in your best interest to be paired with someone with whom you can work well.

Me: *quietly* That's not bad...

Ruby: *groaning in fear*

Ozpin: That being said, the first person you make eye contact with after landing will be your partner for the next four years.

Ruby: *the shocked expression mirrors her world cracking like glass and falling apart* Whaaaat?!

Me: Oh great...

Nora: (to Ren) See? I told you-!

Ozpin: After you've partnered up, make your way to the northern end of the forest. You will meet opposition along the way. Do not hesitate to destroy everything in your path... or you will die.

Jaune laughs nervously and then gulps loudly. Chara spins her knife in her hand as Frisk brushes her hair, prepared to fight. Relm paints a circle with rainbow colors before she makes it vanish.

Ozpin: You will be monitored and graded through the duration of your initiation, but our instructors will not intervene. You will find an abandoned temple at the end of the path containing several relics. Each pair must choose one and return to the top of the cliff. We will regard that item, as well as your standing, and grade you appropriately. Are there any questions?

Jaune: *raising his hand* Yeah, um, sir?

Ozpin: Good! Now, take your positions.

Everyone strikes a pose on their tile. Nora crouches low, Ren wields his weapons, Yang raises her fists, Ruby readies her body, Chara crouches down like Nora, Frisk prepares herself for launch as I take a knee on the pad. Relm looks over at me and winks, and Jaune is still raising his hand. I didn't know what Jaune would ask, as I was launched first off the cliff. Relm was next, but I couldn't see them since that pad can send you far. But no matter, it's time to test my skills.

Initiation has begun...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

931K 35.3K 83
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
267K 11.2K 40
แ€ค Fic แ€žแ€Šแ€บ แ€กแ€›แ€™แ€บแ€ธแ€›แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€…แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€žแ€ฑแ€ฌ แ€กแ€žแ€ฏแ€ถแ€ธแ€กแ€”แ€พแ€ฏแ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€žแ€ฌแ€žแ€ฏแ€ถแ€ธแ€‘แ€ฌแ€ธแ€žแ€ฑแ€ฌ Big Warning ๐Ÿšจ18+ Fic แ€แ€•แ€ฏแ€’แ€บแ€–แ€ผแ€…แ€บแ€žแ€Šแ€บ แ‹
178K 4.6K 20
Your daughter runs off while you were in the middle of grocery shopping because she spotted Max, her favourite driver. Meeting you, Max wants to know...
147K 2.8K 31
In the whirlwind world of basketball and broken promises, Nailea finds herself at a crossroads as she prepares to transfer to the same college as Pai...