Joanne Suggwell One shots 2

By hd1606

A set of one shots about Joe Sugg and Dianne Buswell. Just like the 1st book but new 😂 Please feel free to r... More

Eh Mark and Rina!
I'm So Sorry
Nona
Stomach Bug
I worry
Holiday Home
Bully
Oh Dotty
Bumped
LIKE Like
Blessing
Songs
They're not that bad
Dot and Fraggle's Car Adventures
Ultimate Prank
Okay
Doctor and Nurse Sugg
Liverpool Surpises
Birthday Bashed
Joe's Sixth Sense
Talk
Rescued
I Don't Envy You
Babies
Konky Bonk
Giving Him The Confidence (1)
Look At You Go! (2)
Autumn Walks
Wobble
Tiff
Protect
Fright Night
Cartwheel
V-o-m-i-t
Reminisce
Not Yet
Finally
More Than You'll Ever Know
You've Got This
Making Happy Memories
Don't Talk To Me
Absolutely Not
This Is Real Life
Stupid
Childish
Her Family
What Am I Going to do With You?
Angel
Very Out of Place
Frustrated
New Book!!

Thank You

3.5K 82 86
By hd1606

I think you guys are going to love this one!

I'm sorry it's a bit 'late' so to speak, I really wanted the next one to be this one.

Context is that you need to have read my book Two Becomes Three to truly understand what's happening.

P.s. this is a one off, the 3rd book will 🤞 be with you in December!

All I'm going to say is... Precious is back!!

"Connie Sugg, Dot will be back in 20 minutes and you haven't had a bath or put your PJs on after I've asked you 4 times, come on," Joe said standing at the doorway of the bathroom, sleeves rolled up.

"I playing though," she replied, yawning.

"I said you could play until your bath was ready, now it is, so it's time to get undressed and get in Connie," Joe said, tapping his foot, giving his best firm look.

Connie crossed her arms in annoyance but started to take the outfit Dianne had dressed her in this morning before she left, whilst Joe was on an early work call, off.

"Good girl, are you tired yet?" He asked, lifting her into the bath.

"Nope! I'm going to stay awake all the way to Auntie Zoe's and Uncle Uncle Alfie's," Connie replied, stifling another yawn.

"Ah I see, right, your bath will have to be quick tonight because as soon as Di gets here we'll have to get going so it's not super late, is that okay?" Joe asked, taking the cup off the side of the bath, ready to wet her hair.

"Five minutes playing," she reasoned, driving a hot wheel car around the edge of the bath.

"Okay, deal, what onesie do you want to wear?" He said, walking to the wardrobe, looking at the mighty collection of onesies she had acquired.

"Deffo the cow," she said, with a slight Australian accent on the deffo, having adopted that word from Dianne. Joe pulled it down, shaking his head at her choice of word, and folded it onto the toilet seat.

"Ready for your hair yet?" He asked, after 2 minutes.

"Has it been 5 minutes yet Dada?" She asked, still racing cars around the tub, frequently putting them underwater.

"Mmm," he mimed checking the clock in her room, "yes, ready?"

"I 'pose, don't get it in my eyeballs though."

"I won't, head back angel," he said, lifting her chin up, hand already blocking her eyes from the water.

"All done?" She asked, once he had rinsed the suds out of her chocolate hair.

"Yep, are you going to wash your body with the sponge or will I?"

"Me, I a big girl, I nearly five!" She held her hand out for him, fingers spread.

"I know, when did you get so grown up eh? I'm sure I had a tiny baby who I could carry in one arm last week," Joe said, putting some soap on the sponge for her.

"Nope!" She said, standing up.

"I see, silly me!"

Once Connie was squeaky clean, as emphasised by a sound effect Joe had made, he wrapped her in a mermaid towel and lifted her out. Coincidentally, right as the door went.

Connie took off in a sprint, losing her towel, as she went to answer the door, knowing it was Dianne from her knock.

"Where's your towel Connie Louise? And your Daddy?" A familiar voice asked, as Joe left the bathroom, picking up her towel.

"Ello, how was you day?" He asked, as he put the towel around Connie, vowing to buy some hooded ones so that when she ran somewhere it went with her.

"Good, but tiring, I'm guessing we're not quite ready to go?" She replied, following Joe, who had picked an excitable Connie up, into the little girl's bedroom.

"Not quite, knick-knacks Con," he said, once he had dried her off.

"But I don't normally wear knickers with my pyjamas," she protested, frowning.

"I know but I thought you might like to, so you're comfortable in the car. You don't have to," he said, watching Dianne gently brush Connie's hair, still amazed how easily she had slotted into their life.

"I don't want to, that would be weird, I be nakey instead," she said, wiggling her bum, making both of the adults laugh.

"Okay, that's that then," Joe said, helping her into the onesie, as Dianne cried her hair with the hairdryer.

"Tired yet?" Joe asked, as he put some socks and trainers on her feet, Dianne having gone to double check she had everything.

"Nope! I said I'm going to stay up all the way," she reminded him, stomping her feet, to make her shoes light up.

"I forgot," Joe said sarcastically, putting his and Connie's wash bags in their suitcase.

"Well remember," she replied, tapping his head.

Joe laughed, double checking the lid was still secure on the calpol. He didn't envision needing it at all but knew if he didn't pack it she'd contract something and he would regret it.

"Have you seen my," Dianne started pausing when she realised Connie was listening. Joe looked at her confused, following her eyeline.

"Connie, have you got bunny?" He said, wanting to get her to move.

"No!" She shouted, running off.

"Birth control and the box of tampons I just bought?"

"I packed them both in your bag, the BC is in the zipped bit and the other thing is under your jumper, sorry for moving them, I didn't want you to forget," he was speaking in code because Connie had returned as fast as she left, holding the tatty bunny.

"Thank you," she pecked him quickly and ran back upstairs.

Connie ran up the stairs, "Who's quicker me, or Dot?"

"You're both the same, now come off the stairs, I don't want you to hurt yourself," Joe said, offering her a hand.

"Can I have a drink?" She asked, once back on the marble floor.

"Just a small one, I don't want you needing a wee," Joe said, hoping to do the entire trip without stopping.

"Juice?" She sounded hopeful.

"No, water or milk, it's well past bedtime," Joe said, putting her on the new bar stool.

"Water ven, pease."

"Could you do me one too?" Dianne asked, pulling her coat on, as she sat next to Connie.

"One for mini and one for Dotty. Once you've finished that, I need you to try for the loo again and then put your coat on okay?" Joe said, addressing Connie.

She nodded and gulped the water down, burping straight after.

"Excuse me?" Joe prompted trying to get her to use her manners more.

"Excuse me."

"She never slows down," Dianne laughed, getting up to hug Joe for the first time since the morning.

"I know, hello you," he said, kissing her properly, away from tiny prying eyes.

"Hi, how was your day? I never asked."

"Busy, I had a few more calls but I was mostly editing, she's had far too much screen time but I had so much to do. I feel bad," he said, better at talking about his feelings since January's events.

"Don't, you have to feed her somehow, plus you're taking the whole day tomorrow for her. Did you get it all done?" Dianne asked, brushing a rogue hair into the quiff.

"I ready to go!" Connie shouted, clamping both of their legs in a hug.

"Okay, you ready?" He asked, pulling back from Dianne.

"Yup."

"Okay let's roll family," he said, turning off the lights with the master switch.

"I left bunny." Connie said, as they stepped into the lift.

"You go down, I'll grab her, just wait down there," he said to Dianne having managed to put his foot in the door before it closed.

Dianne nodded, waving with Connie as the lift door closed.

"Are you excited Precious?" She asked, twirling a piece of Connie's hair around her finger.

"Bery, you've never been have you?"

"I haven't, will I like it?" She asked, holding Connie's hand, as the door opened and one of Joe's neighbours got in..

"It's ginormous, I get my own bed and everything. But I might share with you and Daddy because it's scary sometimes."

"I see." Dianne said, focusing on what floor they were on, she had accidentally stepped out of the lift on the wrong floor one too many times.

"Did you know they have a puppy dog?"

"I did, do you like her?" Dianne asked, as the lift stopped in the basement.

"Yep! She's called Alan and Nala too. Bof," Connie answered, as Dianne pulled her out of the lift, along with the two suitcases.

"How does she have two names?" Dianne asked, putting her hands on Connie's shoulders.

"I not sure, Daddy called she Alan."

"Ah okay, it's a good job you remembered bunny now and not when we were in the car isn't it?"

Connie nodded, as the other lift opened and Joe stepped out holding Bunny.

"Yay! Bunny! You're okay, I'm so sorry I left you, I got distracled," Connie said snatching her off Joe.

"She was waiting by the door. Now, can you be trusted to hold my hand all the way to the car or do you need me to pick you up?" Joe asked, she had ran from him in the car park and they had subsequently turned around and gone right back upstairs to sit on the step and think about why that was bad.

"I walk, I know now," Connie said sweetly, holding onto his hand.

"Good, off we go!"

~~~

"I not tired Daddy I'll stay awake, my arse, how many minutes in and she's already fast asleep?" Joe said, looking in the rearview mirror at his very asleep baby cow.

"Don't be mean, she was excited. I don't blame her, I could drop off." Dianne said, emphasising her point with a yawn.

"Why don't you? I'll wake you up when we're close," Joe said softly, stroking her leg.

"I won't sleep tonight if that happens, can we play a game or something?" She said, bouncing her leg with excitement.

"Sometimes it weirds me out how much you and Connie are alike. What game?"

"The ABC game but with baby names," Dianne answered quickly, smiling.

"Boy names or girl names?" Joe said, playing along, he didn't mind playing a game with her.

"Boy first all the way through and then girl names on another one. I'll start, A for Apollo."

Joe rolled his eyes, he could almost bet at some point Dianne would say a word that wasn't a name but because she was Australian and they picked weird names, she would get away with it, "B, Benjamin."

~~~

"V for Vi-"

"Daddy I really need a wee," a voice interrupted their game, making Joe groan.

"Okay, can you hold it for 10 minutes until the next service station?" He asked, thankful that he had just seen a sign for one.

"I 'pose but it might give me a sore tummy," she said, kicking her legs about.

"We'll sort that later okay? You just hold it," he said, praying to God that they would make it somewhere.

"I'll take her if you drop us out of the front," Dianne offered, understanding the need for speed in this situation.

"You're the best, have I told you that?" He asked, relieved, as he saw a sign telling him the services were just up ahead.

"Once or twice," Dianne said, pulling her shoes on.

"Good, I'll park and come and get you, I could do with a fizzy drink or something to wake me up," Joe told her, as he pulled into the left hand lane. He looked in his mirror at Connie, seeing her squeezing bunny with her eyes screwed shut.

As soon as he pulled up, Dianne had her belt off and was out of the car, pulling Connie's door open, Joe having leaned back to undo the bottom clip.

"Hold it for a few more secs baby," Dianne said, as she hurried through the service station.

"That was close wasn't it," Dianne said, as she washed Connie's hands.

"Yep! Fanks for carrying me," she said, as Dianne held her up to dry her hands.

"Hey that's okay, let's find Daddy, he's getting something so he stays awake," Dianne explained, taking hold of her hand, once she had dried her own.

"Can I?" Connie asked, referring to getting something to keep her awake.

"Probably not but Dad's in charge, shall we try WHSmith?"

"Is that the blue one?" Connie asked pointing to the correct shop. Dianne nodded and picked her up, as a group of teenagers entered, she didn't want to loose Connie in the crowd. Since becoming involved in Joe's life, she found that she was conscious of everything around her and one thing that scared her was a group of teenagers.

"All good?" Joe asked, when Dianne eventually found him in Costa Coffee.

"Yep, ready to go? It's just got really busy," She asked, transferring Connie onto his hip.

"Yep, Connie, look what I found," he said, passing his daughter a box, as they walked back to the car, "they're special bracelets to stop you feeling poorly in the car, how cool is that?"

"For me?" She asked, excitedly.

"Yep, we'll put them on when we get back in. How were you feeling when you woke up?" He said, brushing her hair away from her face.

"I needed a wee wee," she replied, putting her head on his shoulder.

"I know, bug, but did you feel sick?"

"And ickle bit, but now'd I'm fine. How long until we get there?" She asked, as Joe put her in the car seat.

"About 45 minutes, not super long, why?"

"I'm going to stay awake." Joe laughed and put the wristbands on her before closing the door.

"How are you, still sleepy?" He asked Dianne, noticing her sipping his coffee.

"Yeah, why don't we do a bit of car-aoke now Tiny's awake?"

~~~

"She's got a second wind," Joe said, as Connie sprinted into the familiar house in search of Nala.

"If I didn't know better, I'd assume you'd given her coffee. How are you?" Zoe asked, hugging her brother tightly. Everyone present knew that that question held quite a bit of weight.

"Amazing, it was the best thing that could have happened honestly," Joe said, stepping aside so Zoe could get to Dianne.

"Good, and how are you? Alf and I watched your dance it was so good!"

"Aww thank you, yeah good, looking forward to my shows, tired though, I have had coffee and I haven't had so much as a second puff of air. I wonder how she does it," Dianne said, pointing to Connie who was trying to pick Nala up whilst also telling Alfie about school.

"Well we'll give you the tour and let you get settled, Joe said you hadn't eaten, so we picked up a wagamama's," Zoe said the last word quietly, knowing Joe wouldn't want Connie to know.

"Oh lovely, hi Alfie!" She said, waving down the hall at Alfie, who had picked Nala up for Connie.

"Hi, sorry Connie captured me, how are you both?" he asked, hugging each of them, still holding Nala.

Pleasantries exchanchanged, tour completed, Dianne offered to put Connie to bed, having become an expert on it when Joe wasn't so well. In the meantime Joe caught up with his sister, Zoe doing her usual checks. For the first time in five years, however, she didn't have an ounce of worry in regards to him. He seemed to be healthy and more than happy, there was no shadow behind his eyes and he was definately holding himself taller.

"... in the weirdest way I feel like it needed to happen for me to be the best dad for Connie and the best boyfriend too, I suppose. For the first time I feel like I can say I'm okay and mean it." The final statement was the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back, and she burst into floods of tears, launching to hug him tightly.

"You have no idea how happy that makes me Joe, that after everything that you have survived, that you have gone through with that little girl, you're happy, literally makes me cry. I am so proud of you, you have no idea. None," she spealed, as she hugged him tightly, tears falling onto his shoulder.

"It always seems to be one of us crying when we meet up!" Dianne said, now in her pyjamas.

"I seem to have that effect, did you manage to get her to sleep?" Joe asked, letting go of Zoe who sniffed and wiped her eyes, trying to stop herself crying.

"Sort of, she wouldn't sleep in that other room so she's in our's, I moved the nightlight and everything, sorry," she said, sitting down next to Joe on the sofa.

"I half expected that, she never really stays there, thank you for doing that my Love," he said, as he kissed her head and passed her a plate of food.

Zoe squealed and clapped a hand over her mouth at the same time, she had hoped to keep that sound in her head, "you two don't get any less cute."

"Do you want mine?" Joe asked quietly, after watching Dianne's reaction to her meal. She nodded and kissed his cheek as he swapped their plates. Once they had finished catching up and talking about plans for the next day, Joe and Dianne excused themselves up to bed.

"Looks like we're cuddling on your side," Joe whispered, when he entered the room to see Connie starfished on his side of the bed, face buried in Bunny.

"I'm not complaining."

///

Connie woke up in an unfamiliar bed and was a little bit panicked. But she suddenly realised where she was and wriggled off the bed away from Daddy and Dot and ran into her Auntie's room.

"Nala, come to me, Connie!" She said, peering over her Auntie's legs.

"Want to take her on a walk with me Con?" Zoe asked in a whisper, stroking her hair.

"Can I?"

"Yep, I'll just get out of bed, do you need a wee?" Zoe asked, it was just before 7 and she was used to this happening when her niece stayed.

"I'll go in your bafroom, should I wake Daddy up?" Connie said, stroking Zoe's hair.

"No, you just go for you wee angel," Zoe said, wanting Joe and Dianne to get as much of a lie in as possible.

"Okay, Daddy hung your coat up and left your shoes downstairs so we can just go down, you can stay in your PJs kay?" Zoe said, once she had pulled some jeans on and met Connie in the corridor where she had been playing with Nala.

Connie nodded and ran downstairs as fast as she could, Nala chasing her. The puppy was nearly the same age, and they had grown up together meaning they were the best of friends.

"Are there cows on your walk Auntie Zo?" Connie asked, hopeful! Hector, Nana's dog was best friends with cows so they always walked past them on their walks.

"Unfortunately not, I don't think there's any cows near by. Do you want a woolly hat on?" It was quite a mild day for February, but she knew Joe would kill her if she didn't wrap Connie up.

"Yes! And glubbies," Connie said, she had put her hand outside and found how cold it was.

"Okay, ooh look, you've got gloves in your pocket, clever Dad eh! Remembering your gloves. Are you ready to go now?" She asked, once she had secured all of the warm items on her niece's head and got Nala on the lead.

"Let's go!" She shouted and ran out, holding Nala on the lead as she did.

"Does Nala like Cows?" She asked Zoe, holding her hand, since passing the lead over.

"I think she's a little bit scared of them, not like you and Hector," Zoe answered. She loved her time with Connie, and had the Louise tragedy not happened, she would have looked after Connie for a week whilst Joe and Dianne were on tour. As it happened they didn't end up going so she hadn't been able to meaning she was cherishing this time with her now.

"Did you know that Dot is going away for long time to work?" Connie said, addressing something that had been playing on her mind for a long time.

"She's going on tour, I did know, how does that make you feel?" Zoe squeezed her hand, hoping to comfort the little girl.

"Sad, she stays at our house a really lot and I fink the flat will be quiet. But Dada said she will come home some of the days and when it gets to the school holidays we can go with her. And my birthday will be on a day where she comes back!" Connie explained, travelling through a range of emotions.

"Well that's good isn't it! I'm sure you'll see her more than you think! And you can FaceTime her too can't you?" Zoe said, pushing a piece of hair out of Connie's face.

"I 'pose so. Auntie Zoe?" Connie stopped walking and looked up at her.

"Connie Lou?"

"What if Dada goes sad again?" She asked, and started crying.

Zoe bent down and picked her up, cuddling her tightly. She contemplated how she was going to approach this topic, it had been a thought on her mind too.

"I think he'll be okay. He was sad last time because of Louise, of Mum, he was worried about her. But now that she's go-"

"In heaven."

"In heaven yes, now that she's in heaven and not in pain or poorly anymore Daddy is happy isn't he? There might be a few days where he's a bit sad because Dianne's not with him but you'll be able to cheer him up won't you? And then when you're sad because you miss her Daddy will be able to cheer you up won't he!"

"Okay, I see. I was worried," Connie told her, wiping her eyes on her sleeve.

"I know you were, are you ready to walk again? Nala's ready to go!"

Connie said and soon she had taken the lead and was running along with Nala, not a care in the world.

~~~

Connie yawned loudly, as Joe cut up her roast dinner for her. She put her head on Dianne's arm, snuggling close to her.

"Tired baby girl?" Dianne asked, taking her clip out and sliding it back in higher up so she could see.

"Yep, not reawy hungie eiver," she said, closing her eyes.

"Will you eat a few bites? I'll feed you?" Joe asked, conscious the snack that she had at 5pm wouldn't do her through the night.

Connie opened her eyes and replied by opening her mouth. Joe smiled and piled up a spoon, putting it into her mouth for her.

"Can I sit on your lap?" Connie asked Dianne, mouth full.

"Sure, come on," Dianne said, lifting her off the chair easily onto her lap, Joe spooning in another mouthful.

"This is too cute," Zoe said, taking a picture if the couple who were both doting on the little one.

"I'm telling you if I wasn't so bloody busy I'd buy a dog, Nala's worn her out somehow," Joe said, as Connie fully fell asleep in Dianne's arms.

"She did run a fair bit this morning. Are you okay holding her Dianne, do you want to lay her down here?" Zoe offered, pointing to the booth seat that she and Alfie were sharing.

"Nah, she's not that heavy, I'll just eat one handed," Dianne said, kissing her head gently.

"I can't believe how well you've slotted in," Alfie commented, having been silently observing the family.

"Its like she's always been here, it's weird in an amazing way, I love it," Joe said, kissing Dianne's cheek, tucking a rogue hair behind her ear.

"Has the Mummy conversation come up again?" Zoe asked, she was curious, she knew that Joe and Dianne had talked about it.

"Weirdly not really, I sort of assumed it was because she was figuring the dead mum thing out. I reckon soon though, you said you're okay with it though didn't you," he said, looking at Dianne who was distracted by Connie coughing.

"Yeah, if she decided to call me Mummy I wouldn't be against it. Joe said he was fine with her doing it and I'm here for the long haul so," she smiled, eating a mouthful after.

"Good, I couldn't think of a better person for her to call Mummy, truly." Zoe said, reaching out patting Dianne's hand.

"Thanks," she said shyly. Dianne couldn't wait for the day Connie decided to call her that.

"We're a proper family basically, Dianne's been amazing. I had those days you know about 2 weeks after, and she just, yeah, amazing," Joe reminded them. The reality of the situation had hit him about 2 weeks after she had been found, a week or so after the funeral, and he found himself struggling to do more than breathe. Dianne had stepped up, so to speak, and got Connie to school on time every day, as well as being his rock and keeping him well. She had been incredible and it had solidified the fact that he wanted to be with her forever.

"Thank you Di."

"Yeah, thanks Dianne."

"Thank you My Love, so much, I couldn't have done any of it without you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 259 13
Joe and Dianne manage to find their love for each other over and over again, tumbling through the pages of history.
8.1K 154 30
YouTuber Joe Sugg falls in love with dance but will he fall in love with his dance partner as well? They seem to be perfect for each other but with D...
116K 2.2K 28
Joe Sugg and Dianne Buswell have been together for a year - 12 months of shared moments and experiences. While most of their love story played out in...
59.7K 1.3K 32
Welcome to one-shots book two! A sequel you could say? A series of Joe and Dianne one-shots, usually based of little comments, moments in vlogs etc �...