Hidden Secrecy ✔

By Mystery205

Jennifer Hudson thought that her life was normal just like the others but she was wrong. There are hidden and... More

#Chapter 1: Whiskey equals to Danger?!
#Chapter 2: Where are you my lady luck?!
#Chapter 3: The wrath of the devil
#Chapter 4: Live or die backing out!
#Chapter 5: The worst choice
#Chapter 6: Back to My "Perfect" life
#Chapter 7: My death is on its way!
#Chapter 8: If the day could go any better...
#Chapter 9: If I die young...
#Chapter 10: Wow! Being shot freaking hurts!
#Chapter 11: Gosh He saw my butt!
#Chapter 12: Meeting the 'new' family
#Chapter 13: Please spirits spare me my life!
#Chapter 14: Am I dead?
#Chapter 16 : As they say a picture would last longer.
#Chapter 17: Merely Pretence?
#Chapter 18: New Place, New life.
#Chapter 19: And somehow, I deserved all of these.
#Chapter 20: I hope things turn out right this time.
#Chapter 21: How could this be possible?!
#Chapter 22: Okay there goes my gentle and loving bro.
#Chapter 23: Looks like someone is in a better mood this time.
#Chapter 24: This is going to be a hell of a ride.
#Chapter 25: Damn my life!
#Chapter 26: Am I in a freaking nightmare now?!
#Chapter 27: Let's hope I will get there safely.
#Chapter 28: Why the hell did I ever exist?!
#Chapter 29: Trust someone
#Chapter 30: And you know it I fainted again.
#Chapter 31: I love you, Blake
#Chapter 32: I can't do anything.
#Chapter 33: I can no longer hurt anyone.
#Chapter 34: I'm at my limit.
#Chapter 35: I need you
#Chapter 36: I've made my decision
#Chapter 37: Can we start over?

#Chapter 15: Okay, what is seriously wrong with mum?

50 4 0
By Mystery205

#Chapter 15(Blake’s Pov)

I opened my eyes to only be met with a warm pair of mossy green eyes.

“My dear! Why are you here?” the women spoke with her motherly tone.

I squinted my eyes, adjusting it to the sudden brightness. My eyes widened in recognition. It had been 4 years since the last time I’ve seen her. I clenched my hands into fists when I thought about the cruel incident that had happened to her.

“Mum!” I whispered, not believing my eyes.

 She nods and she smiles sadly. I ran and hugged her small, fragile frame as hard but carefully as I could. I could never know that this might be the last time I see her.

“I’m sorry for leaving you... I didn’t expect him to kill me like that... If I only knew about him earlier, you won’t get hurt and suffer. That man is evil!!” she sobbed.

“I know… I know… if I knew earlier I could have protected both of you...” I said with regret.

She shook her head and smiles before her smile drop.

“Promise me that whatever happens, you will still protect all of your loved ones. Take care of Tessa…” she said as her voice start to fade away.

“I promise mum!” I shouted.

“PEEEP...PEP PEP, PEP PEP,” the blaring of the incessant sound.

I groaned and felt my body ached everywhere. My throat felt parched dry.  I flicked my eyes open slowly. The first thing I saw is the familiar pair of baby-blue eyes, widely staring at me.

“OH MY GOD!! HE’S ALIVE!! HIS EYES IS FINALLY OPEN!!” he yelped.

“Shit Tyler! Would you shut the hell up!” I growled.

“Oh Blake! Sorry for being worried after your heart stop beating for a moment!” he retorted.

I froze before I broke my glare on the stupid machine to Tyler. There were dark circles beneath each of his eyes. His shirt was all crumpled up and his hair was messy. The worry was evident in his eyes. I felt guilt crept in and immediately I frowned seeing his dishevelled appearance.

Before I could ask Tyler anything, the doctor and nurses came rushing in. One of the nurses came to my side and shut the machine off, which in return, received a thankful look from me. The doctor came in with his clipboard tightly being held.

“Ehm! Mr Tories? Am I right?” he asked after clearing his throat several times.

I scrunched up my nose, confused at his question. Since when I’ve been a Mr Tories? The last time I check, I didn’t have any new father, even though I been longing for one. Tyler nod discreetly at me, hoping only I could notice it. I sighed before nodding my head.

“Okay, Mr Tories, I advised you to stay here for a little longer. At most a week, we need to monitor your condition. We might need to ask you several questions about your injuries. We might also need to inform the police about your serious injuries.” He said.

My eyes widened in horror before I looked at Tyler. I cleared my throat, getting the attention from the doctor. Glancing at his name tag, I began forming a false story in my head to explain what had happened to me.

“Mr Kinston, I’m sure you don’t have to involve the police in this incident. You see here, my brother and I was moving house, and that means we would be lifting heavy objects. I lost gripped on one of the glass table and it fell on me. That’s how I got the cuts.”

“Okay… but that doesn’t explain your ribs and knuckles being broken… your broken ribs almost cause your death, Mr Tories.” He said with an incredulous look.

“Well like I said earlier, I lost my gripped on the glass table and it fell on me. My ribs were broken because of the impact of the table. My knuckles might be broken when I tried to push the table away from me. The table was heavy and so I might use too much force that I black out straight after.” I explained as logically as possible.

Mr Kinston was nodding his head, listening to my explanations. He took down what I said on his clipboard. But stop suddenly, with his eyebrows scrunched. He lifted his head.

“Wait a minute, how big or heavy that table was?” he asked.

I sighed what else he want to know now. I slide my palm down my face in frustration.

“The glass table is about as wide as a dining table but a lot shorter and it weighs quite heavy. Well DR. my brother was being show off after he got back from the gym. So he wanted to show his strength which happened to kick him in his ass! Hahaha!” Tyler said before bursting into laughter.

 Mr Kinston just shook his head, a small smile etched on his lips. I narrowed my eyes at Tyler before giving a sheepish smile to Mr Kington.

“Alright then boys, just don’t do that again. Mr Tories, since this is a home accident, I believe there’s no need to inform the police. Just get a good rest and if in two days you’re okay, then you would be release back home” he replied before smiling.

I nod my head. Once I saw that Mr Kingston and the nurses left, I turned and glared at Tyler. What’s with his story!

“What bro? I saved your ass!” He exclaimed, lifting his hands up, in surrender.

“Do you have to give such a lame story though?” I asked with my arms folded to my chest.

He just snickered.

“Anyway, how long have I been out for?” I asked.

“About 3 days. The doctors at my house cover some injuries like the stab wound on your feet. And the rest of your injuries I had to send you here. You lost a lot of blood.” He said as his face darkened.

“Your heart stop beating for a while, when you were in the operation room yesterday. I almost lost you bro!” he said before he punched the bed.

“The doctor had to insert 2 blood bags in you man! He just said that your body might take a while or might not even accept the blood. You know how scared I was? The whole gang came visiting you for the past 3 days. Thank god you’re okay today!” He said gravely before smiling and gave a light punch to my arm.

I kept my mouth shut as Tyler explained. As I took in what he had just said, I felt glad that there are still people out there caring for me. I scrunched my eyebrow when I remembered what happened before I blacked.

The last thing I saw was Tyler and Josh appalled and flabbergasted expression, before they rush out of the door, slamming it shut.

“Did something happen while I was unconscious?” I asked.

I was replied by silence before I heard Tyler clearing his throat.

“Well of course a lot of things happen. The Jacob and gang are surprisingly quiet. From what I heard, many of his people were injured and he decided to surrender for now.” He replied monotone.

“Blake, why not you have a rest first? I will be back later in evening with some of the members.” Tyler said.

Without waiting for my reply, he hurried out of the room, leaving me alone to myself.

Definitely, something’s not right. What happened that cause him to keep something hidden from me?

^^^^^^

(Jennifer’s Pov)

Right after I made sure that Blake had gotten into the medical room, I shook Jared’s hands way from my shoulders. Catching him off guard, I sprinted out of the room. I heard Jared shouting my name but that only spurred me to run faster. I ran past the medical room. I gave a last glance to Blake, seeing him plug into tubes and machine. My heart wrenched tightly. Tyler and Josh look at me, appalled and flabbergasted.

Once I reached the door, I pulled it open and ran out of the house without any hesitation. I didn’t bother wearing any shoes. With barefooted, I hailed for a taxi. I kept glancing to the door and to the road.

C’mon! Hurry Taxi!

The heaven seems to be helping me as within minutes the taxi came. Tyler, Josh and Jared came out of the house, sprinted towards me, stopping me. I made it just in time into the taxi before they could take hold of me.

“Hurry Uncle! Bring me to Rose field, road 24!” I instructed with a rushed tone.

The driver nod and accelerate down the empty road. I looked back to the back windscreen of the taxi and saw Jared still running towards the taxi before finally stopping. I felt bad doing this to them. I turned and face to the front of the road. I bit my lips, trying to stop the pool of tears from rolling out of my eyes. I look at my palm. This is the only thing I could do… this is to protect the gang, to protect Blake.

“Are you okay sweetheart?” the driver asked gently.

I could only nod my head and give him a weak smile. I wiped out the stubborn tears that managed to escape. I glanced out of the side windscreen and saw the houses from mansion-like houses to normal, affordable houses. It took about 30 minutes to travel from Tyler’s house to my house.

“Could you stop at house number 12?” I asked with my slightly hoarse voice.

The driver smile gentle and nod before stopping right in front of my neighbour’s house. I slipped my hands into the pocket of my jeans. The right side, the left side and the back side. Oh shit! I didn’t have any money on me! The driver saw my anxious and panicked look before he smile gently again.

“It’s okay sweetheart. The fare is on me today.” He said.

“Umm... I’m sorry. Are you sure?” I apologized before asking him.

“Yap! Have a good day ahead!” He said cheerfully.

I thank him once more before I went out of the taxi. I took a deep breath before I walked to the house that I’ve been dreading to go, 13. My shoulders felt heavier and heavier as I got nearer and nearer to the house. I knocked the house and waited for a moment. I knock once more and door flung open.

“Oh you’re finally back…” she muttered as her eyes widened before she went back into the house.

Being extra cautious, I look down on the floor to watch out for any traps. My eyes scanned the house. The house was left how it was before, only a few bottles of wine and some cans of beer on the table. I look ahead and found her staring out of the window. To say I was shocked would be an understatement.

I was stunned at her ‘warm welcoming’. She wasn’t violent like before. She looked more relieved to see that I had come back home. The house was surprisingly clean after I left it for weeks.

“Mum? Are you okay?” I asked shakily.

She didn’t respond and only continuing staring out of the window. If I wasn’t looking intently at her, I’m sure I wouldn’t notice the slight nod she made. I gulped inaudibly.

“Okay…Then I will go up and wash up first…” I said hesitantly.

She nodded her head again. I shrugged and strides up the stairs. Once I reached my room, I close my door gently and slumped down against the door.

Okay, what is seriously wrong with mum?

I shook my head but let out a small smile at my thought. Maybe she has change for the better? I went into the bathroom and had a long, warm bath. I relaxed and exhaled in contentment.

 I finally am home. But whenever Blake came into my mind, I could feel my heart, like it was tear and torn apart.  I covered my mouth, stopping my cries.  Why do I feel guilty for my doings? Blake is just the jerk who came and turns my life around. Why do I have to worry about him? Why do I feel the need to protect Blake? I tried to block all this questions in my head.

With these questions in my head, I realized and confirmed that, I, Jennifer Hudson, like Blake Ryder.

^^^^^^

Okay Finally! the next few chapters would be more on Jennifer!! Oh what do you think happened to her mum? She acting suspicious huh? I will try to update soon!

~Mystery205

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64K 1.1K 25
Blake May is a 19 year old girl who is abused by her father. She was in a gang until it was killed. Her mother died in an accident when she was 8. Sh...
640 15 62
Sometime in the distant future in the broken city of Hoboken, forty-two-year-old Jack Porter has a job downtown that pays well. Except, nobody can kn...
1M 13.5K 42
Jenny Markings isn't a fool when it comes to love...that was until she discovered she had buried feelings for her brother's best friend, Aaron Shadow...
227 20 20
As you escape from your dark past, you find yourself hiding in N.Y.C and that's when you meet him. The most fear man in all United States. Will you b...