Protect or Harm | A Mithross...

By Cat_Echoes

In the offices Ross is a new video maker and finds out that Max and Adam are dating. However Ross realizes th... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Epilouge
Completed?

Chapter 22

52 0 0
By Cat_Echoes

A/R- Hey guys, sorry for being absent for 7 days: I had some things going on but I'm back now! Anyways, hope you enjoy the chapter  :3

Ross' POV

After they led the two of us to our stations I couldn't help but frown at the barren desk that now lay infront of me. My hands quickly scrambled into my box before I started to pull out figurines, my mouse-pad, even pictures of a few memories that I adore. The last item I pulled from the box was the squirrel plush that Max had won for me. My eyes lingered on the squirrels bowtie before I placed the stuff-animal beside my computer monitor.

"Hey Ross!" A voice called out from behind me, I quickly spun around to find Max standing there with a large box in his arms- a goofy grin was placed on the ginger's face as he placed the box down on my desk. "I got a gift for you!"

"W-where did you get that so suddenly!?"

"Oh, I ordered it online and coincidentally it came in the same day we did!" Max looked back at the box before returning his brown eyes to me, "open bud!"

"Ok?" I quickly proceeded towards the large box that lay on my desk. Its brown walls were mimicking me as I quickly started to open up the box- my heart quickened in glee as I realized what was in it. "Oh, thank you Max!" Inside of the box lay a large anime body pillow.

Max smiled before nodding, "Anytime Ross!" However the two of us were quickly interrupted by someone coughing behind us, I turned around to find Jason looming down at the two of us.

Jason was tecnically our second boss as he is Jessica's husband. I shifted my foot before looking Jason in his dark blue eyes, "hey Jason- wassup?"

"Your both behind scedule- I expected better from the two of you. Ross, Jess needs you to voice some lines for a character in her roleplay. Max- you have two videos that need to be edited."

"Gee, your a great public figure, Jason." Max retorted sharply before marching towards his desk which sat beside mine.

Jason rolled his eyes before pushing a stack of papers into arms. atms. "The character that your going to be voicing is named Daniel. Once you have it finished send the entire shot to Max so then he can take out the access sounds." Jason turned towards Max who was setting up his station before yelling out, "Got it!?"

"Yeah, yeah." The ginger uttered before he slid his headphones over his head, signaling that he wasn't listening to our conversation anymore.

An hour passed until I felt as though I finally got the characters voice right. I sent the link to Max who was furiously editing one of Jessica's newest videos before I looked over at the time on my computer. 12:35, maybe I can go to lunch? I quickly got up before heading towards the front of the building and found Jess speaking with someone whom I've never seen before.

As soon as I got there Jess turned to me with the biggest smile on her face, "Hey Ross what's up!"

"I'm heading out to lunch, wanna come with?"

"Sorry, I already went!" Jess giggled, "just make sure you come back by 1:00!"

"Will do!" I responded before I lunged out of the building ready to smash my face into either Wendy's or McDonald's.

After I ate I quickly drove back to the offices. I headed upstairs to only pass by Jess and another person who worked in the office. Both of them passed me awkwardly before uttering something to each other, however I was sadly able to hear them.

"Do you think he knows why Max has gone mad?" Jess whispered which made me freeze mid-step.

"I honestly doubt it. That man is insane and I'm surprised no-one has locked him up yet.

I felt my heart rush in my chest as a new energy surged through me. I quickly proceeded up the stairs and pushed open the door of the offices to find Max and a few others talking to each other. Max looked uncomfortable meanwhile the other guys who surrounded him looked like they were enjoying the conversation. Finally Max quickly pushed the first guy away from him before running off in the direction of the bathrooms. 

My eyes darted around the room as I watched the others look in my direction awkwardly. I quickly averted eye contact from them before chasing after Max. My heart pounded in my chest like drums as I paused infront of the bathroom door. A sigh slowly escaped my lips as I held out my hand and turned the doorknob- however the worst thing in the world stood infront of me.

As soon as I opened the door, there sat Max in a corner however he held a pocketknife against his wrist as blood slowly dripped onto the floor. The gingers eyes widened as he looked in my direction. For a moment the two of us stared at eachother before Max looked away and chuckled sadly, "Hey bud..."

"Why are you listening to them- I..." 

"You wouldn't understand, Ross." The older male quickly turned away and I could swear I saw tears running down his cheeks as he looked at the wall beside him. "Your to innocent to understand..."

"Innocent- am I really innocent if I watch you go through pain?" I looked in his direction as I watched his dark brown eyes look at me for a moment before he looked away once more. I sighed before walking towards him, Max looked up at me in surprise as I kneeled down beside him. "Besides, I understand what your going through- I went through the same thing in Middle school."

"Y-you did- but your so cool..." 

I frowned before nodding, "Sadly, not everyone thinks the same thing.." I sighed before allowing the memories to overwhelm me. I stood infront of my old middle school, 'Green Street Middle.' Mindless children raced past me as they tried to find their next class or perhaps their friends. I causally walked into the crowd- blending in almost perfectly as we continued through the endless hallways. I felt comfortable, knowing that perhaps I could be like everyone else until a hand grabbed ahold of my schoolbag- yanking me backwards. 

I faltered to the ground and looked up to meet the eyes of my assaulter. His blonde hair seemed to ricochet across the room as he looked down at me with a sinister grin planted on his face. "Well, well- look what we have here- Ross Botsford."

"P-Please I just want to go to class..." I'd whimper as I tried to scoot backwards, however the older male quickly kicked me to the ground before resting his foot on my chest- preventing me from moving. 

"Not so fast bud- I thought that you should just know something..." The male sat there for a moment awaiting my response, but I said nothing. Instead I weakly watched his gaze ready for him to do the worst. However instead he took me by surprise and started to laugh, "Oh- this is to good! Look kid- maybe if you stopped eating then you wouldn't be this pathetic- try taking pills or skipping lunch!" The male looked down at me before balling up his hand into a fist as he quickly shot it down at my eye, "See you, looser." 

My eyes clouded as I snapped back into reality- Max was looking up at me with grave curiosity. The pocketknife no longer lacerated his skin as he watched me. I frowned before shaking my head, "No one has it better- not even the cruelest of people." 

"I'm sorry, I-" Max began but I quickly cut him off by leaning closer to him before kissing him on the nose. The older male quickly burned a bright shade of pink before letting out a nervous squeak. I grinned to myself before watching him avert eye contact from me.

"Sorry- A-Anyways, we should head back now!" I started as Max nodded solemnly, the older male quickly sat up as he looked down at his arms, he opened his jaw to speak but I was quicker, "We will find bandages out there- now c'mon!"

He nodded before getting up to follow me; the two of us headed out the door, ignoring everyone's gazes as we wandered aimlessly towards the back of the building to find the best doctor- band-aids! I quickly paused as a medicine box stood infront of me- without thinking I started to scramble through the reminiscence of the box. Bottles of pills, bandages, and a couple of safety kits were stored inside of the box as I pulled out a roll of bandages before looking behind me. Max watched me solemnly as I grabbed ahold of his arm and I started to wrap the bandages around his wound. As soon as I was finnished, I paused and looked up at him expecting a frown but instead a weak smile rested on his face.

"Your a good friend, Ross..."

"Pal- not friend!" I yelped out, making the ginger chuckle before he pulled down his jacket sleeve. We both grinned- ready to walk back to our stations however we were paused by Jessica who was slowly strolling towards us. The maiden rested her amber eyes on Max before pushing him against the wall, her hand was on his chest as she narrowed her eyes at him. 

"You need to get back to work- we have videos that need to be posted and we don't need you slacking off!"

"I-what- I wasn't even gone for 10 minutes!" Max bellowed as he pushed back his hair, "i-I might not even have enough time!" He paused as he looked at me desperately but I quickly averted eye-contact; not wanting to be apart of this conversation however, Jess' next few words surprised the two of us.

"Well then guess what your butt will be doing- you'll be working the night shift! C'mon Ross, the building is closing for the REST OF US in 20 minutes."

"I-fine!" Max yelled in defeat as he started to march towards his station- his hands were balled into fists as he uttered inaudible words under his breath. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 756 30
We all have our insecurities, as small or as big as they may be. We hide in sweaters or hoods, to keep them away from the world. But when we unzip an...
7.7K 329 31
Mithross/Redney Fanfic! It took a long time to write this, so please read! I promise, as the story progresses, my writing gets better and better, so...
9K 195 44
[COMPLETED] (I respect there lives and think they are perfect the way they are. This is just for fun/entertainment) There is some smut, violence an...
4.9K 130 21
"FUCK!! I forgot my clothes in my room. Ross can you go get them." Max yells from the shower. Uploads with be random, it's when ever I can write them...