Lucifer Morningstar x Reader

By Ayanna_Wild

Lucifer Morningstar x Reader imagines and oneshots! More

Authors Note
Requests!
Finding Comfort with the Devil
Silently
The Sick Day
Kiss It All Better
Coffee Stains
Coffee Stains Part 2
Day With The Devil
Day With The Devil Part 2
Day With The Devil Part 3
Day With The Devil Part 4
Day With The Devil Part 5
Straight Through The Heart
Straight Through The Heart Part 2
Turn The Page
Caught In Between
Not From Around Here
Because I Care
No Matter What
Live For You
Live For You Part 2
Trying To Remember
Worth Living
Love You Even When It Hurts
Love You Even When It Hurts Part 2
Love You Even When It Hurts Part 3
I.O.U
Announcement!
Always On My Mind
Always On My Mind Part 2
A Shoulder To Cry On
If I Asked You To Stay
No One Said Love Was Easy
When The Petals Bleed
A Father's Love
Invisible
All The Way To Hell
Playing The Notes
Before The Bruises Fade
The Cradle Will Fall
A Cure To Boredom
Alone Time
21
But I'm Weak
Show and Tell
Heartbeat
Mistakes and Heartache
Before Anything Else
Appreciation
I'll Let You Go
I'll Let You Go Part 2
Fond
Broken Bones
A Misunderstanding
Miss you guys!
Memories For Sale
More Than Friends
Double Trouble
The Devil's Heart
The Devil's Heart Part 2
Don't Be Afraid Of Me
Ideas?
Out Of The Blue
Rockabye
Storm Clouds
Untouchable
The Mother And The Devil
The Mother And The Devil Part 2
Trouble
Apologies
Jumping To Conclusions
Sticks and Stones
Please Don't Say You Love Me
Let's Stop Pretending
Help From The Devil
A Halloween Treat
Only One For Me
A Broken Heart
Family Ties
Rapid Heartbeats and Shallow Breaths
Even If I Can't See It
Baby It's Cold Outside
Christmas In LA
Standing On The Edge
Beautiful
A Sleepness Night
Dancing Around
Words I Haven't Said
How The Night Ends
The Girl In The Handcuffs
Meeting The Family
Little Things
Three's A Crowd
His Other Side
Celebration
A Miscommunication
A Date With The Devil
When The Devil's Down
The World Unseen
A Quiet Voice
A Place To Call Home
A Night To Remember
Wasting The Day Away
When Forever Ends
Wings Of A Devil
Wedding Bells
Announcement
Reading The Signs
Because You're Beautiful
Steal Your Heart
Baby Caution
Save Me
Acceptance
Broken Wings
Love Like A Story
Devil Don't Go
He's The Devil You Know
Falling Short
Under the Weather
A Melody For The Wicked
An Echo of Life

The Slip Up

9.5K 347 74
By Ayanna_Wild

Word Count: 1421

Pairings: Lucifer Morningstar x Reader

Warnings: angst, sad fluff, fluff

A/N: request from Pawzmom342

Summary: This wasn't how you meant to tell him. Yet standing there in the midst of all the anger and the frustration, it just slipped out.

............................................................

"Lucifer."

You watched him rush around the penthouse, probably searching for his phone that sat on the piano. You had been trying to get his attention for nearly fifteen minutes now,, but, he was too preoccupied.

"Just a moment love, I seem to have misplaced my phone."

"Lucifer I just-"

"Have you seen my phone darling?" He asked cutting you off.

You fell silent and pointed to the piano, and Lucifer smiled, thanking you. This wasn't the first time this had happened. Chloe called and as usual, he'd rush off to her side. While you loved Chloe, you couldn't help but feel increasingly more jealous that she seemed to possess all of your husband's time.

"Can we talk now?"

He stared at his phone screen, humming a little in a poor attempt to show that he was acknowledging you. You frowned a little, wishing he would at least look at you.

"Lucifer." You said with an edge to your voice.

He looked up from his phone at the tone of your voice, as he slipped it into his inner pocket on his suit jacket.

"I'm sorry my dear, I really do need to go, the detective is expecting me, can we talk later?" He asked.

You might have agreed to talk later, if only he hadn't been saying the same thing for days now. If you kept putting it off you feared you may not get to tell him at all. That he'd find out on his own, and that might cause an even bigger issue.

"You said the same thing yesterday."

"Well I-"

"And the day before that." You crossed your arms.

Lucifer at least had the decency to look a little sheepish at that.

"I'm very sorry, I've just been terribly busy."

You didn't fail to notice his mind was elsewhere, and he was itching to leave. While your frustration grew you attempted to push it aside, hoping to talk to him without arguing.

"You're not even listening now." You sighed.

He turned his attention back to you, giving you a confused look.

"I am, but I really need to go, I'm sure whatever it is we need to talk about can wait a few more hours."

He moved in the direction of the elevator, but your patience had worn thin, held together by a fragile string that threatened to snap at any minute. You stepped in front of him, blocking his path.

"I've been trying to tell you for two weeks! Can you stop running to Chloe like a dog with a treat and just listen to me!" You snapped.

Lucifer frowned at your sudden outburst.

"Don't you think you're overreacting just a bit darling? You're making it seem as though I've been neglecting you." He scoffed.

"You are."

He didn't seem to appreciate your remark, and you now had his full undivided attention. However, you found yourself internally wishing it wasn't because he was offended.

"Oh? And what, exactly, makes you think such a thing?" He frowned.

You sighed a little, this wasn't how you wanted any of this to go.

"You've canceled our plans, left in the middle of the night last night with a half assed apology and some excuse about helping Dan and Chloe with something. All I'm asking is for a few minutes Lucifer." Your voice had begun to rise.

The thin string of patience you had begun to wear away, and it seemed Lucifer's had already snapped. He let out a frustrated sigh, that made your frustration grow.

"I was under the impression you understood I was a busy man when you married me Y/N."

You took a slow breath, willing yourself not to throw anymore fuel on the growing fire.

"I know that Lucifer, I'm just asking you for-"

"Then why are you being so excessively selfish?"

His words were like a bucket of cold water being thrown in your face. Hurt stabbed at your heart, and any thought of handling the situation rationally vanished from your mind.

"Selfish?" You spat the word like it was poison in your mouth.

Rage boiled in your veins and you took a step towards him, fury burning in your eyes.

"Selfish! Am I selfish for wanting to actually spend time with my husband, rather than only seeing you when you slip into bed at night?" You hissed.

Lucifer opened his mouth to respond but you weren't finished, and you didn't plan to let him get a word in.

"Am I selfish to want to have a conversation with you that's more than two sentences?"

Your voice was gradually growing louder and Lucifer's expression was only growing angrier at your shouting.

"All I wanted was five fucking minutes, just to talk! Are you going to be like this when the baby is born!?"

And just like that your anger evaporated, you stood there frozen, as if someone had pointed a gun at you and you were too afraid to move. Lucifer didn't look much better, his eyes were wide, and he stared at you in disbelief. He opened his mouth, but quickly closed it, his voice seemingly failing him.

"Baby?" He repeated the word so softly that your anxiety spiked.

What was going through his mind right now?

"I... that wasn't how I was going to tell you..." You muttered.

Your voice sounded so small, so worried he'd react badly to the abrupt news.

"You're pregnant?"

You nodded, biting your lip in apprehension. Lucifer's expression went blank, and he wordlessly drifted over to the bar. Your heart sank, as you watched, him pour himself a drink and down it in one gulp. Neither of you spoke, Lucifer's expression was blank, and he gave you no clues as to what was going through his mind. You on the other hand was practically drowning in your own nervousness.

"Oh Y/N..." He sighed.

You suddenly felt the urge to apologize, like you had done something wrong.

"I'm sorry, I know this isn't the best time for us to have a baby, and I-"

"Why didn't you tell me that's why you wanted me around more?"

You never finished your rambling apology, instead settling for looking at him in dazed confusion.

"What?"

Lucifer sat his now empty glass down, walking over to you.

"Is that what was worrying you? That I wouldn't be around for the baby?"

You nodded, and Lucifer gave you a small smile.

"You needn't worry love, I'll be here for both you and baby, I just wished you had told me sooner, although I suppose I didn't give you much of a chance." He chuckled.

"Not really."

Your anxiety began to fade away, he was taking this much better than you expected him to. Honestly you weren't expecting such a positive reaction.

"You're not mad then? Or annoyed by it?"

Lucifer raised an eyebrow, giving you a look seemed to be asking if you were seriously asking him that.

"Mad? My dear, I'm not sure if you remember how children are made but this is just as much my responsibility as yours. Those pills don't always work anyway." Lucifer said.

"Not wearing condoms might do it too." You teased.

"Ah, well yes, perhaps this is more my fault than yours." Lucifer coughed.

You laughed a little, and he rolled his eyes, but smiled nevertheless.

"The point is that you will always come first, I promise you nothing is more important to me than you and this baby. I love you, and I'm sorry for ignoring you lately."

"I'm not saying, don't help Chloe, or drop everything, I'm just asking that you make time for us, even if it's only a few hours."

Lucifer nodded, pulling you to his chest as he held your head to his chest.

"I promise to do just that, I won't leave you feeling neglected again."

For a few minutes he just held you in his arms, you were content until he broke the silence.

"Oh dear, we need to start on the nursery for the baby."

He pulled away from you to search his pockets for his wallet.

"Lucifer, I'm not even showing yet." You laughed.

"Yes, but nine months isn't nearly enough time to get our offspring what they need. Perhaps I should just buy the baby store, we'll have everything we need then."

You carefully grabbed the wallet from his hands. An exasperated smile on your face.

"I'm just going to hold onto this for a few weeks, you know just until the new baby panic dies down."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.5K 701 15
!GXG!!WLW! Just some one-shots when I come up with ideas. !I may use some of these ideas in my actual book! Requests are open!
29K 359 20
EDIT 11/29/21: Y'all the last time I worked on this was in March LMAO I officially declare this book of one shots closed :) I have more content on m...
5.9K 180 23
Some oneshots about Dream of the endless x reader