My Best Friend's Step-Brother...

By YeolieBae_

"Not here Ace" I begged as his fingers went under my short skirt and straight to my knickers. I was so anxiou... More

Notes By Author
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chaper 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Epilogue

Chapter 4

46K 1.3K 1.2K
By YeolieBae_

Bria's POV

After school Ash and I met at my car. I had not seen Josh for the rest of the day and for some strange reason I felt that he was avoiding me but that's okay, he'll come around.

Ash and I made our way to the store to get all the materials we would need for our project and bought a few snacks as well. She then entered her address on my GPS because she is too lazy to give me directions.

 Instead, she sat in the passenger seat of my car and sung loudly to the song that was playing on the radio, all while eating and dropping crumbs on my seat. Of course I gave her a fit for it. I might be a messy person but my car is my baby, and right now, she is disrespecting my baby, getting crumbs all over the floor.

"Saturday 9:00 am sharp, you need to be at my house and clean up this mess you making in my car. As a matter of fact, you cleaning this whole car."

"See? This is why I don't like catching rides with you. You act as if this car is more important than me. Heck, I had to remind you of my birthday a million times and you've never forgotten this car's birthday." She gushed sounding all jealous. I laughed at her response because I had only been pretending to forget her birthday every year because I know it gets on her nerves. My plan seem to work every time. She would get so mad that she won't speak to me for a whole week. Every year the same thing happens and she has yet to find out about my deliberate actions. I'm just that good of an actress.

We pull up to her house a while later and I was shocked to see my best friend was actually loaded. I refrained from making a comment just in case I sound foolish. Did I even know my best friend at all?

"You can say it" She encourage softly. Was it that obvious that I wanted to say something?

"Wow" I whispered. I was astonished. As an aspiring architect, you can understand my fascination with the building. I looked over at Ash's face and could see the slight smile as she admired her house as well.

"Nice right?" She asked.

"Nice? Ash this is amazing. Look at those designs." I told her while pointing at the house. She laughed it off before responding.

"That was my first expression the first time I saw it as well. Come on lets go inside."  We made our way inside and I was just as impressed with the outside as I was with the inside. I might even be more impressed. So this is what I have been missing out on? I better rebel more often. Ashley's house is amazing, it's even warm and welcoming unlike some of the other huge houses I have seen on the way here.

Ash grabbed some drinks from the kitchen and we made our way to her room to start our assignment. 

I've been in her room for seven minutes now and I still have not started the project. I keep looking around and asking her questions. I could tell she was getting annoyed but I don't care. I have never been here and she didn't even offer me a tour.

"Are we gonna get started now or are we gonna wait until your mom sends out a missing person report? Or even worst, send the cops to my house." Ash said from the floor laying flat with her hands on her chin and looking at me. Her remark sobered me up a bit and I went with her and say on the floor as well as we did our project.

Why we sat on the floor? Well after her being at my house millions of times and never being able to sit on my bed when the closet takes over, I guess she got accustomed to the floor.

We worked all afternoon until I got thirsty and made my way down the stairs. When I got to the kitchen I saw someone poring the last of the orange juice from the fridge. I guess i'll have to settle for water then.

"Hi, you must be Ash's step dad. I'm her best friend." I said while expending my hand to meet him. I didn't know Cara was into the buff tattooed type of guy. He is handsome though. I'd give him that. We all know nobody can beat my Josh when it comes to being hot. I'd give Ash's step dad a 9.5 out of 10 though because Josh is a 10 and nobody beats Josh.

He looked at me confused and her a second I thought maybe he doesn't speak English.

 "Do I look that old to you?" He asked and his deep voice reverberated off the kitchen walls. Damn! I guess I offended the man of the house on my first day here.

"Um... I'm gonna.... go... find... Ashley" I said and turned around to walk away.

"Who are you?" he asked. I was literally shaking in my boots at this point.

"I'm Ash's Best friend"

"Does Ash's best friend has a name?" He asked as he straightened his body to his full height. Omg! This dude is a real life giant. He is so tall and muscular. I'm sure he can squash me with just a snap of his finger. I swallowed as I said a prayer in my head. He looks so intimidating right now, tattoos and all.

"Umm.." I started thinking. Should I tell him my name?

"Baby girl I asked you a question"

I cleared my throat before answering. "I am Lyla". I know it's wrong to lie, but he won't know that I lied anyway since I won't see him again.

"Well Lyla, I'm Ace. Ashley's step brother." He said with a smile on his face all of a sudden. Is this dude crazy? Wasn't he just trying to kill me? Now he smiling and looking all cute and stuff. What? Did I just say cute? I mean he does look a little younger when he smiles but that's beside the point.

"Bree what's taking you so long? Did you get los-" Ashley's voice came through the kitchen and she stopped talking when she saw who was present.

"I see you've met Ace. Ace this is my best friend Bria. Bria this is my step brother Ace." Ashley introduced us and I saw when Ace's eyes met mine once more. Ashley did not know that she had just opened a can of worms and now I'm caught in my lie."

"Nice to meet you Lyla." he said and walked out of the kitchen without a single greeting to his step sister. Jackass.

"Did he just call you Lyla?" she asked when he was out of earshot.

"Yeah, I told him my name is Lyla. Who knew you were gonna come down here and expose me like this?"

"I'm sorry" She said and hugged me.

"I gotta go face my death sentence. See you later" I told her and head out the door. 

When I got outside, Ace was standing on the porch smoking a cigarette. I coughed when he exhaled the smoke and fan my face. I hate the scent of cigarettes. I opened my car and was about to get in when I heard Ace called out "Bye Lyla".

I slammed my car door and drove home. I think he is deliberately calling me Lyla to annoy me. he knew my name yet he won't use it. I get that I'm the one that gave him a false name but I didn't think he would use it to annoy me.

When I got to my house it was already late and my mom was sitting in the living room with her head in her hands.

"Bria Adams! Where have you been? School was over hours ago and this is the time you walk through my door? Are you testing me? Is that it? You have a little boyfriend now so you wanna show me you all grown?"

"No mom, I went to Ash's house. We have an assignment due the day after tomorrow."

"Why you lying girl?" Mom asked.

"Mom am not lying. We do have an assignment. We were placed in groups and I was partnered with Ashley."

"If that is true, why didn't you inform me of your ware about huh? You young girls these days use school as an excuse to go about having sex with anybody." Mom's words hurt me. This is what she thought about me?

"Mom, I swear, I just went to her house for an assignment. I took out my book from my bag to show her the instructions but she still didn't believe me. She argued with me most of the night and took my car keys from me.

I message Ash about it and she apologized a million times but what's done is done. She told me I could catch a ride with her and her step brother in the morning but I politely decline. My mom would castrate him and over turn his car if she sees me getting in that vehicle. Ashley present or not. He is of t he opposite sex.

The following morning I caught the school bus and went to school. It was super embarrassing but I had to get to school some how or my mom would have my head. As if catching the school bus wasn't enough embarrassment for one day. Guess what? My mom showed up at school. She kept a mini meeting with me and Mr Johnson and he did clarify that we had an assignment indeed and he paired me with Ashley. Could you believe this guy actually apologized to my mom and he did nothing wrong? My mom was the one at fault. She was the one that owed both me and the teach apologies but we all know hell would have to freeze over before my mom could apologize.

Before she left the school she asked if I had completed the assignment as yet and I told her no. She had asked why and I told her I was trying to rush home. Of course I got another earful from her but at the end of it she gave me cab fare to go to Ash's house. I didn't even complain, I just took the money and said thanks and rushed off before she could change her mind.

School went normal after that though. Josh sat at our table for lunch as usual but this time he refused to make eye contact with me. That hurt. Quite a bit actually but at least he was no longer avoiding me.

Ash and I met up after school like usual and she offered me a ride to her house with her and her step brother instead of having to catch a cab. I said why not and sat with her until he came.

He was dressed in all black today. He looked fine as hell but he also looks a bit cocky. Ash got in as soon as he pulled up but I looked back one last time to see Josh. He was on the other side talking to some girl and our eyes met. His eyes met mine for the first time today before he broke the eye contact and turned his attention back to the girl.

I got in the car with Ash and Ace and we pulled out of the parking lot.

"Trouble in paradise?" Ace asked but I ignored him. I assumed he was talking to Ashley until he spoke again.

"I'm talking to you Lyla" He said.

I rolled my eyes at him. "My name is not Lyla asshole. It's Bria" I said in an angered tone. My eyes met Ash in the rear view mirror and her eyes were pleading with me. I don't give a shit right now. Josh is upsetting me. I looked down at my phone to see if he had texted me but nothing.

"Alright. I'm gonna give you two rules sweetheart. 1. never roll your eyes at me. 2. Talk to me like that again and you see what happens."

I sucked my teeth and rolled my eyes at him. He can't do shit. His jaw clenched and his fist tightened on the steering wheel.

'Bria, calm down" Ashley begged. I took a deep breath and calm myself down.

"Only for you Ash" I said and got back to ignoring Ace. The rest of the drive was quiet until we got to Ash's house.

"Ash can I see you for a second? Alone!" Ace said harshly and dragged Ashley up the stairs.

"I'm okay Bree. Just have a seat and we'll be down in a minute."

I nodded my head and took a seat in the living area and decided to play games on my phone. One whole hour had passed before Ash came back down the stairs freshly showered and her hair in a messy bun. We both went up to her room and I saw her sheets were changed as well. I guess she was a neat freak at home.

_______________________________________________________________________________

"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 5.1K 8
WARNING: CONTAINS MATURED CONTENT!!! IF YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T DEAL WITH THE EXPLICIT AND TRIGGERING SCENES WRITTEN IN THIS BOOK, THEN PLEASE, THIS BOOK...
95.4K 1.7K 31
After applying to be the CEO's secretary at Ultimatum in uptown Chicago, Bailey realizes she made a tragic mistake. One night of letting her guard...
203K 3.4K 41
Willow Clarke has newly turned 18. Straight A student, good girl, she's pretty much planned her whole life out down to the smallest of details, with...
13.9K 182 20
"Stop being so loud princess its 6 in the morning," he got up and put on his pants "Starring now our we princess?" he said cockily "Whats there to se...