The Silver Siren (Completed)

De chaoticlaneystories

Joe had adopted Delaney as an infant and cared for her as his own. In school, Iris, Barry and Delaney were be... Mais

Playlist
The Explosion
Chaos Unchained
Team Effort
The Mist
Captain Cold
Plastique
Hidden Emotions
Childhood Pain
Her Own Hero
Team up part 1
Team up part 2
Authors note
Most Wonderful Time of the Year
Fire and Ice
Broken Trust
Peek-A-Boo
First Dates and First Meetings
Firestorm
Hidden Feelings
Rogues
Lost Trust
The Atom
Who is Harrison Wells?
The Reverse Flash
The Final Battle
Out of Time
Aftermath
Trust Issues
The Fury of Firestorm
Dark and Light
Enter Zoom
Gorilla Warfare
Legends of Today
Legends of Yesterday
Running to Stand Still
Potential Energy
Authors note #2
Authors note #3
Authors note #4
Authors note #5
Authors note #6

Family of Rogues

1.1K 33 1
De chaoticlaneystories

A few days later, we were all down in the basement where the largest and most powerful breach was. Barry looked at it, "Pretty amazing huh?", he said. Jay looked at it amazed, "I still can't believe I'm looking at it", he said, staring at it. Barry smiled a little, "52 breaches in Central City and the biggest one just happens to be in our basement", he says still shocked. Cisco smiled almost like he was in a trance, "We need a name for it", he suggested. I rolled my eyes, "You really don't have to give everything a name", I told him. 

Caitlyn laughed, "Yeah, it's not a pet Cisco", she scolded almost like a child. "No, it's a wormhole", we turned to see Professor Stein walking towards us. Caitlyn looked shocked, "Professor Stein, what are you doing? Your blood pressure is 147 over 82! You could pass out again!", she warned him very worried, we all were worried. He looked at her, "It's only a few points above the 140 average for someone my age. Besides, I have some ideas I would like to contribute to this discussion, Dr. Snow", he said, his turn to scold her. 

Jay looked at him, "And I'd like to hear them. This isn't just a wormhole. It's my way home", he said. Barry looked at him, "Jay, you really think we can use this as a bridge from your world to ours?", he asked. Jay shrugged, "Zoom uses the breaches, why can't we?", he suggests. Cisco looks at him, "Well we don't know how. Everything I put through just bounces back", he tells him. Barry looks at it, "If Zoom is using these to transport people from Earth-2, maybe it takes a speedster", he suggests right before we hear him speed off. 

I put my head in my hands, "Please tell me he's not gonna-", 

"Yeah, he is", Jay finishes nodding, the same look of worry on his face as me. A few seconds later we hear him speed back at the wormhole only to get thrown back and pushed across the floor. He looks up at us from the floor, "Maybe I'm not fast enough", he says and I roll my eyes walking over and helping him up. Once he's back on his feet, I smack his chest, "Idiot", I tell him holding back a smile. He notices and laughs softly, putting an arm around my shoulder. Professor Stein looks at him, "I don't believe your speed is the entirety of the issue, Barry. It might be the breaches stability or lack thereof", he says. 

Jay nods, "He's right. You need to think of the breach as a door, and on Earth-2, there's another door. In between we have a hallway, but the hallway's constantly shifting, twisting, collapsing on itself", he starts to explain. Barry understands and nods, "And the doors keep moving with it", he says. Cisco looks at them, "So we stabilize the door, we stabilize the hallway", he realizes. Barry points at him, "And then I can jump through it", he says, sounding excited. 

Jay nods, "Exactly. It would serve as some kind of cannon", he looks at Cisco, "A speed cannon", he realizes. Cisco looks impressed and gestures to the space between them, "We should hangout more", making me roll my eyes at how Jay has wormed his way into the team. Professor Stein walks in front of us, "Alright. No more tests today. All of you are leaving now, as am I", he pats Barry on the shoulder, "Cherish the gift of youth as I will go cherish my much needed nap. Clarissa's already on her way to pick me up", he says. I smile at him, "Just be careful, Professor", I say hugging him. 

He smiles back at me, "Oh don't worry about me dear, this old man's still got some life in him", he jokes making me laugh. 

_____________________

Barry, Cisco, Iris, Caitlyn and I went to Jitters just to talk and hangout. Barry walked back over to the table with five coffees, I still don't know how he was able to carry them all. He set them down on the table and dished them out, "Two Sirens", he said giving Iris, Caitlyn and I ours, "And Two Flashes", he says giving Cisco one and taking his. I smile down at my coffee seeing what looks like sound waves in latte art. I look up at the girls, "Ah the Siren, so sweet, it will make you scream", I say the tagline while we tap our mugs together. 

He looks at me, "First we have a whole celebration for us and now we have our own drinks", he says still amazed. I smile at him, "Well I guess the people of Central City just want to show their appreciation for the best crime fighting couple out there", I joke making him laugh and kiss my forehead. Caitlyn looks at us, "Hey, you guys think Professor Stein is okay, right?", she worried. I put my hand on hers, "Cait, he's fine", I try to reassure her. She grabs her phone, "I'm just gonna call and check in", she says walking away. 

Barry laughs taking a drink of his coffee, "I don't see that call going well", he says. Cisco puts his drink and start imitating Stein, "Young lady, these repeated intrusions are interrupting what should be a speedy recov--", he stops when someone bumps into him. He looks at the person, apologetically, "Oh, I'm so sorry", he says. The woman turns smirking at Cisco, "Don't apologize, you can bump into me any day, Cisco", she tells him. I roll my eyes, "What are you doing here Lisa? You here to cross us again, or are you and your brother just holding up coffee shops now?", I questioned glaring at her. 

Her gaze softened, "I need your help", she says looking at Cisco. He scoffs, "In your dreams, 
Sister Cold. You know I could call the Flash. He's be here in like two seconds, probably one", he threatens making Barry and I look at each other. She nods, "Call him", she says. He pulls out his phone, "Oh, okay, I'm gonna call him. Mm-hmm", he says then looks at her to see her look unwavering, "You really want me to call the Flash?", he asks. She looks at him, "I need his help too. And the Siren", she looks at us worried, "My brothers been kidnapped", she says. 

____________________

Cisco took her to STAR labs while Barry and I snuck away and put our suits and masks on since she still didn't know our identities. Barry looked at her, "So you really want us to believe that Captain Cold's been kidnapped?", he asks not believing her. She looked at him, "Kinda hurt that he didn't believe, "I saw it happen. Last night, Lenny, me and Mick were knocking over the cashier's cage at Central City Racetrack", she started. I scoffed, "Does it cause you guys pain to not rob people?",  I questioned the younger Snart. She shrugged, "I never finished the job. After Mick torched through the side entrance, I looked back for Lenny and saw him getting thrown into the back of a van", she said worried. 

Barry shrugged, "And why didn't you and Mick follow?", he asked. She sighs, "I would have but someone hit me from behind and knocked me out. When I came to, Lenny was gone, and Mick already made off with the cash", she said. Caitlyn looked at her cautiously, "How do we know it's not a trap?", she asked. Lisa looked at her, "If Lenny wanted Flash and Siren dead, he would've let Mardon, Simmons and Bivolo do that honor, remember?", she reminded us. 

I crossed my arms, "Yeah I remember", I said nodding. She looked at me, "Good, then you remember that you owe Lenny for saving both of your lives. Time to make good on that debt", she says. I glare at her, "I don't like you", I say with Caitlyn nodding in agreement. Cisco shrugs, "Yeah but she makes a point", he says causing Caitlyn and I to look at him shocked, "What? We should at least hear her out", he suggests. Barry looks at him, "Even if I wanted to help, how are we supposed to find him?", he asks. Cisco walks to the computer, "Not a problem. When I rebuilt the cold gun, I didn't have time to place a tracker in it, so I devised a method locating it by borrowing some military technology", he said. We all walked to him and looked at the computer, while I kept an eye on Lisa. 

"See the gun works the same as thermal imaging. Only instead of infrared heat signatures, it's looking for ultraviolet cold signatures", something pops up on the map, "oh look at that. The guns UV thermal reading was last picked up at 5th and Hoyt eight minutes ago", he says. Barry looks up at Lisa, "Alright, let's see if you're lying", he said before speeding us to the location that Cisco found. 

We stop in the middle of an empty office and hear someone walking. We run over to where we hear the noise, "Snart", Barry calls out in a whisper. He looks at us, "Barry", he casually whispers back. He doesn't seem to be in danger or anything so Barry and I look at him, "Are you okay?", I whispered back. He shrugged, "Peachy", he replied. He starts to walk away but Barry and I follow him confused, "Um we're supposed to be rescuing you. Your sister thinks you were kidnapped", I said. 

He grabbed some blueprints, "That's not necessary. Run along now, kids", he says. Barry looks at him, "Snart, if these guys are making you do thi--"

"No one makes me do anything", he snapped. We heard someone coming towards us and then I saw Snart fire his gun at me but Barry stepped in the way and he got frozen from his chest down. His breathing was shallow as he started freezing from the ice. Suddenly a man walked up and looked at Snart, "What's taking so long?", he snapped at Snart. Snart looked at us, "I got held up", he told the man who scoffed. "Always the excuse with you", he trailed  off as he saw Barry and I, "Look at that. I didn't think you had it in you, son", he said. Snart glanced at him then back at Barry and I, "Thanks, Dad", he says. 

His dad walks away with Snart following but not before throwing one last look at us, "You know what they say, live fast, die young", he smirks and follows his dad. After they're gone, I touch my ear piece, "Cisco, Snart hit Barry with his cold gun. He's not doing well", I said looking worried at my freezing boyfriend. I heard his voice, "Step back, I'm bringing the heat", he said and then I was Barry's suit light up as the ice quickly started to melt. Barry was trying to catch his breath, "What? The suit, what's happening?", he ask, concerned. "Therma-threading, baby. It's a little something I added for situations exactly like this one", he said as all the ice eventually melted. 

I sighed in relief and looked at him worried, "You okay?", he nodded as he got his feet unstuck. "Please tell me it's working?", I heard Cisco plead. I laughed, "Cisco, your genius has saved the day once again", I joked, knowing that I was feeding his ego. Once Barry was warmed up he spoke into his comm system, "Snart's gone. And Lisa has a lot of explaining to do", he says getting mad.

____________________________

Barry and I were back at STAR labs where we confronted Lisa, "So your brother wasn't kidnapped. He was pulling a job with you father", Barry tells her. She looks at us shocked, "What? No, Lenny would never do that", she says in disbelief. I scoff, "Just like he would never try to kill Flash or I with his cold gun?", I asked sarcastically. She looked at Barry and I nervous, "Are you sure it was my dad?", she asked us. 

Cisco pulled up their dad's arrest record and Barry pointed to the screen, "That's him", he said. Caitlyn looked at the screen, "Lewis Snart. Convicted of larceny, armed robbery, aggravated assault, assault with a deadly weapon", she listed off all of his charges. Lisa shook her head, "You have to believe me. Lenny would never work with him. He's a bad guy", she says. I raise an eyebrow, "Yeah because you and your brother are such heroes. Why should we trust a single word out of your mouth?", I asked crossing my arms glaring at her. 

She looked at all of us before moving the collar of her shirt to show a long scar running across her collarbone, "I didn't get this scar being a criminal. I got this scar being a daughter", she told us sadly before walking away, leaving us all feeling sad for the youngest Snart. 

Cisco and Barry were about to walk after her but I stopped them, "I'll go", I say, feeling horrible about what I said as I went after her. I walked around looking for her, until I found her in Cisco's lab. I slowly walked in, "This is Cisco's hiding spot too", I say as I walk towards her. She glanced at me then looked back down, "First time my father came after me, I was seven. Second time, I was eight. That's when I learned that a bottle hurts worse than a fist. He used to say he was trying to teach us lessons. I must have been a slow learner, because he lessons never stopped", she sadly explained to me. 

I walked over and sat next to her, "I understand", I said, pulling up my sleeve to show her cigarette burns on my arms, "It was my high school boyfriend. I wished I was dead at one point, until he got arrested for some petty theft and I could escape him. I'm so sorry that you had to endure that", I said pulling my sleeve back down. She looked at me, "Lenny practically raised me, if it weren't for him, I would have turned out  a lot worse, and believe me there is worse. Look, he may be a jerk brother, but he's the only jerk brother I got", she says. 

I look at her, "Flash and I will figure this out and bring your brother back to you. You have my word, and my word is as good as Gold", I smiled referencing to her Gold Gun. She laughed, understanding my joke, "Thank you", she said looking at me. I nod and put a hand on her shoulder.

Maybe I misjudged the Snart siblings

________________________

The next day, Barry and Dad went to go investigate a dead body that was left in the back of a truck. I was at STAR labs with Cisco and Lisa. I think after hearing that we had something like that in common, I started to like the Snart girl. Barry called us with a really bad theory that we needed to test out. I was in my suit while Lisa sat on a cot as Cisco and Caitlyn set up something that would test her for something. 

They turned it on and then looked at her worried, "Oh boy", Cisco said. She looked at him confused, "What is it?", she asked. Caitlyn looked at her, "Lisa, you have traces of thermite on your skin", she explained. Lisa laughed a little, "Thermite? Like an explosive?", she asked. "Not like an explosive", Caitlyn corrected. 

Cisco looked at her, "It's a bomb", he blurted out making Caitlyn and I give him a look to shut up. She looked at me worried and I grabbed her hand to calm her down with my power. Cisco looked at her again, "When you were knocked out, your dad must have injected you with it", he said sadly. Lisa looked down, clearly scared for her life and I used my power to help her relax making her give me a small smile, which I returned. 

I felt my phone buzz and saw a text from my dad saying that he needs me and Iris at the house right now. I sighed and looked at Lisa, "I have to go right now. But I will be back as soon as I can. Cisco and Caitlyn will take care of you in the meantime", I assured her. She nodded sadly and I quickly went off to change and went home. 

When I got home, Iris and I met each other at the door, "Do you know what dad wants?", she asked. I shook my head, "I was hoping you did". We walked in taking off our shoes and jackets, "Hey Dad. What's up? Your message was pretty cryptic, even for you", she joked making me laugh. I looked at dad and saw him looking at photo albums with a drink in his hand. I looked at him worried as Iris and I walked closer to him, "Dad, you okay?", I asked. He looked at us, "Hey, girls. I need you to sit down", he said sadly. 

Iris and I exchanged a scared and confused look but sat down at the table with him. "What's going on?", she asked quietly. He took a breath and looked at us, "Okay. When I was still a beat cop, me and my partner were on patrol, and dispatch came on the radio. A little girl had called in, she said her mom had taken some pills and she wouldn't wake up. And the little girl gave the address. The address was mine", he said looking at me. I remember that night, our mom overdosed and Iris was freaking out too much so I called for help. 

"By the time I got here, your mother was unresponsive. Passed out on the couch. And in the kitchen, the stove was on. There you two were, standing in front of an open flame. If I hadn't gotten here when I did..."

"Wait, mom-", I started but he interrupted me. "Your mom was a drug addict. This wasn't the first time something like that had happened. I got Francine into another rehab, and a couple days later, she was gone. I looked everywhere for her, but wife of a cop, she knew how to disappear. I couldn't stand the thought of you girls growing up thinking you we abandoned", he continued. I scoffed with tears rolling down my face, "You mean anymore than I already was?", I sarcastically asked. First my birth father drops me on a strangers doorstep as a newborn and now I found out that the woman that I called Mom didn't want me either. 

He looked at me, "I didn't want you girls thinking that you weren't enough, that you weren't loved. Because I loved you. I loved you with everything I got. Then we took Barry in, and I saw the trauma he was going through and I-- I was sure that I did the right thing. Not giving you that burden", his voice started cracking. 

Iris shook her head in disbelief, "What do you mean 'Mom left'?", she asked. I looked at my father feeling a mix of anger and sadness, "Mom's alive isn't she?", I asked. He didn't say anything but I knew my answer. He looks at us, "She's here in Central City. She wants to see you, both of you". I looked at him, hurt evident on my face, "Dad, how could you?", I whispered. He shook is head, in pain himself, "I wanted to tell you sooner, but I couldn't figure out the right way. The mother you thought you remember--the perfect mother and the stories I made up for you--that is the mother you deserve, and I knew Francine couldn't be like that. She would only break your heart", he looked down starting to cry, "I'm so sorry". 

I stood up, "I have to go", I whispered starting to walk to the door. Iris stood up, "Delaney wait", she tried to stop me. I spun on my heel to face her, "No Iris. I've been abandoned all my life. My birth parents left when I was born and now I find out the woman that I called a mother clearly didn't love me enough to stay? How am I supposed to feel? I blamed myself  when I thought she died, that if I could've called sooner, maybe she would have lived. But now, I know my entire life was a lie", I break off, sobbing. She didn't say anything because she knew I needed time, which is exactly what I was going to do. I put my shoes and jacket back on and stormed out the door.

Now what else could go wrong?

____________________________

I got back to STAR labs, quickly changing into my suit before walking in on Cisco explaining something, "Operating pressure on this is over 1,000 PSI. This will easily suck the micro-bomb out of her neck and into the barrel of this with one high-powered shot", he said and looked at Lisa, "There is one slight risk", he says nervously. 

She gave him a look, "Besides shooting a high-powered weapon directly against my neck?", she asked. He looked at her, "The gun does use compressed air", he told her. She put her hand over his, "I trust you, Cisco", she says. I walk back over to her, "And I'll be here to keep you relaxed", I told her. She smiled up at me making me smile back, "I told you I'd be back", I whispered. 

He looks at her, "How do you feel?", he asks. She shrugged, "Like we should've put down some plastic", she joked but I knew she was scared. He looked at her and slowly put the gun to her neck, "Okay, ready?". I felt her quickly grab my hand and squeeze so I used my powers to help her relax and calm down. He was about to shoot her when the computer beeped making us all jump from the tension we were feeling. Caitlyn ran over to it, "It's B- The Flash", she said answering the call. We heard his voice, "Cisco, how are you doing with Lisa?", he asked. 

Cisco looked up, "Um kinda in the middle of it, buddy!", he called out. Barry sighed, "Okay, we need that bomb out the heist is going down right now", he said. Hearing that, Cisco put the gun to her neck and I used my power again to calm her down. We hear Barry talking to the two criminals, "The only place you're going is Iron Heights, Lewis", he said. I heard Lewis on the other end, "You wanna bet?", he asked. "Do I wanna bet?", he asked us on our end. I rolled my eyes, "Don't bet, give us a second", I called out to him. 

"Tell me this, what kind of a man puts a bomb in his own daughter?", Barry asks. Lewis responds very casually, "A very rich man", he says. I look over at Lisa and I feel a pain in my own chest. This poor girl had such a horrible home life, it's no wonder she ruined out the way she did. At least I had my Dad to love me. Not telling Iris and I about Francine, he did the right thing. 

Cisco took a breath and shot the gun, making us all look to see a small bomb in the barrel. We all cheered and Barry heard, letting Snart know. I smiled at Lisa and she stood up and hugged me. I was shocked at first but then I reciprocated the hug, smiling. She pulled away and went over to Cisco. I turned and pulled out my phone, texting my dad.

"I'll be home soon"

I changed and went back home seeing my dad on the couch. He stood up when he heard me come in, "Baby girl, I'm so sor-", he started but I interrupted him by running over and hugging him. "No I'm sorry. You were just trying to protect us. Helping Lisa today and hearing about how horrible her father was, made me realize how amazing mine is", I said smiling at him. He started to tear up, "I love you so much, baby girl". I smiled back, "I love you too, dad. And if Iris is going to talk to Francine, I will too. I need answers", I told him. He nodded, "I am so proud of how far you and your sister have come. How much you've both achieved, I mean, you're a damn superhero", he laughed. I shrugged, "Yeah I guess I am pretty amazing", I said. 

He laughed and we spent the rest of the night on the couch watching tv, with me falling asleep in his arms like I did when I was a little girl.

________________________

The next day, I saw Lisa about to get on her bike and leave. I walked up to her, "Hey Lisa", I said smiling. She looked at me confused, "Do I know you?", she asked. I laughed a little, "Well, I figured since we shared our backstories, I'd show you who I am without the mask", I told her. She looked at me in realization, "Wow. Silver Siren in the flesh. Nice", she nodded.

I looked at her, "So you're leaving?", I asked. She nods, "Yeah. Thank you", she said looking at me. I shrugged, "Why me? Cisco's the one that got the bomb out", I said. She looked at me, "Not for that. You were there for me when I was feeling weak. I hate feeling weak. It's really hard for me to trust people. But I trusted you. You know you might be my first real friend", she said. I laughed, "I will take that position with honor", I smiled. She smiled back, "Til next time, Silver Siren", she said putting her helmet on. 

I shook my head laughing, "See ya later, Golden Glider", I said and she sped off. I laughed and headed to STAR labs to meet with everyone. I went down to the basement to see everyone down there, "Ta-da! The speed cannon", Caitlyn presented. 

"Woah, look at that. Dudes he actually built the thing", Cisco said amazed. I have to admit it was pretty cool. Professor Stein looked at Jay, "Mr. Garrick, I am quite impressed by what you've accomplished during my recent wellness hiatus", he said, still sounding a bit weak. Cisco looks at him, "Have you tested it out yet?", he asked hopeful. Jay smiled, "Not yet. You wanna do the honors?", he asked. Cisco didn't answer, just ran to grab a soda can to throw into it. Professor Stein stopped him, "No, no, I-I um now that I'm back to optimum health, please allow me", he grabbed a book and before any of us could stop him, he threw it in to the breach. 

The book didn't bounce back so I'm guessing that it was a success. Barry looked at Jay, "How did you stabilize it?", he asked. Jay nodded, "CFL Quark Matter", he said nonchalantly. Cisco got even more excited, "Negative energy density with positive surface pressure. That's genius", he gushed. I rolled my eyes, "God I'm surrounded by nerds", I muttered. Barry looked at him in shock, "You created CFL Quark Matter?", he asked. 

Jay shrugged, "Something we perfected on my Earth. I'll show you sometime", he said. Stein looked at him, "Sometime in the next few minutes?", he asked confused by the last statement. Jay realized what he said, "Oh yeah, I guess this is it, huh? Time for me to go back home", he said, sounding sad. I would be lying if I said I was sad to see him go. I still don't trust him, everyone else is just enchanted by the science of it all. 

Caitlyn looked at him, "Right now?", she asked sadly, "I mean we still need your help with the breachers", she said trying to get him to stay. He looked at her, "Zoom is my first priority. I need to find out what he's up to, how he stole my speed", he said. She shrugged, "You can do that here and, you know, if you go back we can't get in touch with you when we need your help or...with Zoom or whatever else", we all shared amused looks while she was tripping over her words. 

Barry cut in, "It would be nice to be able to pick your brain everyone once in a while, get some more speedster tips", he said. Jay smiled, "Okay, once we take care of Zoom, I'm going home", he bargained. Caitlyn smiled, "That's fair", she said. Jay laughed, "Good because I could use a shower, a shave, and some sunlight", he joked and the rest of them laughed, "I'll see you later", he told them, walking out.

I looked at the Professor, "So how are you feeling, Professor?", I asked the old man. He looked at us, "Well, uh, it appears that a little rest heals all maladies. I-I-I couldn't feel--", he trailed off as his eyes turned white. We all looked at him scared, "Professor?", Caitlyn asked walking closer to him. Barry pull us all back, "No, no, no get back", just in time too because Stein went all fired up before the flame turned blue and his eyes went black. 

The fire went out and he fell to the floor, passed out. We all ran over to him, "Professor Stein, Professor Stein! Can you hear me, Professor Stein?", Caitlyn called out to him, trying to wake him. Barry looked at her, "What happened? He went up like Firestorm but the flame, why was it blue?", he asked. She shook her head, "I don't know. This isn't good. We need to stabilize him fast", she said urgently. 

We all looked at each other scared, we couldn't lose another friend.

_______________________

So I will be ending this book soon, but there will be a sequel coming and I'm super excited for it. One hint...

It'll be legend...wait for it...dary

Until next time, lovies

-D<3

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

3.7K 122 48
{Book 3} Emely continues to fight for her life, and now lives in a new world called Flashpoint. Trying to save Barry's mother caused some changes to...
7.5K 243 10
Barry Allen was an ordinary boy living his high school life, until one day a certain someone showed up in his life which turned his life upside down...
18.7K 459 39
Raelynn White's new metahuman powers exploded, resulting in the death of 15 kids one week after the particle accelerator explosion. She was sentence...
58.3K 1.1K 43
Book (2) Sequel to my Flash x OC fan-fiction, Be You're Hero. Barry finally popped the question to Ella. They were engaged! But after his father's de...