Chaos Unchained

9 months later

I was working behind the counter at the bar I work at now. After I lost my voice, I couldn't work at Jitters anymore. I took a job as a bartender so I didn't have to talk to people. I know in the movies and shows bartenders are more like therapists, but my customers seem to like that I'm more of the mysterious, silent type. I was cleaning a glass with my back turned and heard a voice that I hadn't heard for nine months, "I'll just have a coke please". I turn around quickly and drop the glass seeing who it was. I start crying as I run out from behind the bar and hug Barry. I almost knocked him to the ground with the force that I ran at him with but he caught me and held me tight.

I smile at him as he reaches a hand up to wipe away my tears. I want to ask him so many things but I can't. I nods at me seeing my face, "Joe told me what happened to you. I'll tell you everything, I promise". I smile and nod and look to my manager who smiles at me knowing who Barry is. She nods, "Go on kid. I can handle it from here", I send her a thankful look and Barry and I walk out together.

He starts telling me about how he woke up in STAR labs and how Cisco told him that I had been there a lot. I shrugged, did he really think I wouldn't be there to see my best friend if he woke up? We walked all the way back to the house and I looked at him with tears in my eyes. He sees my face and looks at me, "Hey what's wrong?". I pull out my phone and type, I thought you were dead when you got hit, he sighs and holds my hands, "I'm so sorry Laney. I'm so sorry that you had to see me like that. But I promise you, I'm not leaving anytime soon".

I smile and mouth, "You better not", to him as he laughs and we walk into the house.

_______________________________

A few weeks later, I hear news report about a fire in a building and how someone saved everyone. Witnesses reported seeing people being rushed out of the building by a man. I couldn't help but think that was impossible, no one can run that fast. Iris burst into my room, "Hurry up we have to go get Barry", she said looking at me. My sister is forcing me and Barry to go to this speaker with her. Barry so that he can explain the sciencey stuff and me, well because she knows that she'll get bored.

I get dressed in the dress I picked out last night and straightened my hair.

I walked downstairs to see her in a pink knee length dress and when she saw me she smirked, "Ooh sis is trying to impress someone"

I walked downstairs to see her in a pink knee length dress and when she saw me she smirked, "Ooh sis is trying to impress someone". I roll my eyes and we head to the police station to get Barry. I haven't been up to his lab since he got struck because I brought back too many bad memories. We go up the stairs and I notice some of the younger cops wink at me making me roll my eyes. We walk into Barry's lab and see him analyzing some new evidence.

Iris walks up and starts ranting to Barry about how journalism is boring and she blames him for making her choose that. I look at him to see him staring at me and I smile. He smiles, "Um you both look really nice". Iris gives him an odd look, "Thanks. Why don't you look nice?", he looks confused, "This afternoon? Suit and tie? The university is giving Simon Stagg some big award", she says trying to jog his memory.