Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Delaney POV

It was a few days before Christmas in the West family household

It was a few days before Christmas in the West family household. Dad and Barry were putting the ornaments on the tree and it was taking forever. I sat on the couch watching the slow and grueling process. Dad smiled, "Only two boxes left", he said as Barry handed him another decoration. Barry looked at him, "At this rate, we'll be finished by Easter", he says sarcastically then gets a devilish smile on his face. Dad and I know what he's thinking, "Don't even", Dad tries. Barry, of course doesn't listen, and speeds around the room. When he stops, he is back on the couch and all of the decorations are put up nicely.

Dad looks at him, "The only red suited dude I want in this house right now is Kris Kringle, got it?", making Barry sigh and speed around taking them down. Dad laughs as Barry hands him an ornament and I stretch my legs out to Barry's lap. Iris walks into the living room from the kitchen, "These ornaments are not going to hang themselves", she says handing us all a mug. I smile as I see the liquid inside, "Yes! Grandma Esther's eggnog", I say as I take a sip and let my taste buds adjust to the taste, "I think she was an alcoholic", I say stating the obvious. 

Dad's phone rings and he looks at it, "And another Christmas tradition", he answers the phone and it was obviously a call from the station, "Sorry kids, the DA wants to ask me some questions", he said as he hung up. I laugh taking his mug, "More eggnog for me", he smiles and rolls his eyes walking out the door. As soon as he walks out, Iris turns the tv off and grabs both Barry and I's hands pulling us to sit on the floor. I groan as I know what she wants, "Really Iris? Right now?". 

She rolls her eyes, "Of course. I couldn't wait anymore", she says grabbing some presents from under the tree. We all grab the one's meant for us from each other and Iris takes the initiative of going first. She opens mine and its a clutch with her initials on it.

 She opens Barry's to see he mom's wedding ring that she lost, "Is this?", she questions with tears in her eyes

 She opens Barry's to see he mom's wedding ring that she lost, "Is this?", she questions with tears in her eyes. Barry nods, "A replica, you were devastated when you lost it", she smiles and hugs him. She looks over at me and turns around so I can put it around her neck. 

She smiles down at it, "Thank you Bare. This is the most amazing present". She looks at us and shoves our presents from her at us. Barry opens his and its a new microscope making the nerd smile. I opened mine to see a new black choker, I looked at her, "Well you just wear that one everyday so I thought you might need a new one", she says gesturing to my choker that controls my powers. Barry and I exchange a look then I smile at her, "Thank you Iris, I love it", making her smile.