Running to Stand Still

Cisco and I were in STAR labs listening to Caitlyn and Jay awkwardly kinda-flirt, it was torture

Cisco and I were in STAR labs listening to Caitlyn and Jay awkwardly kinda-flirt, it was torture. Cisco rolled his eyes, "Oh dear lord, just kiss already", he said annoyed with them. Caitlyn looks at Cisco, "Is everything alright?", she asked, annoyed at him for interrupting them. He nodded, "Yeah, I keep checking, but all is quiet on the meta-human front", he said taking out his phone. I propped my feet up on the computer desk, "Maybe Zoom decided to take Christmas off", I shrugged. 

Jay looked at Caitlyn, "What's Christmas?", he asked. She looked a little surprised that he didn't know what it was, "Oh, well it's this holiday we have where we cut down trees and sing songs to celebrate the birth of a baby 2,000 years ago, and then the Romans killed him so we give each other gifts--", she trailed off. I raised an eyebrow at her, "Really, Caity? That's your explanation?", I asked. 

Jay laughs at Caitlyn, "I know what Christmas is", he admitted. She blushed, "Oh, right, of course. Um, you know, Barry and the West's are having people over for Christmas eve, and they said we can invite whoever we want", she looks over at me, "If that's alright with you". I still didn't like Jay but I decided to be nice for Caity's sake and faked a smile, "Yup, all are welcome", I said. Cisco sighed, "God this is so painful. Have you guys seen Harry?", he asked. 

Caitlyn shook her head, "No I have not. I told him to rest. He's just as stubborn as all the rest of my male patients in this place", she muttered the last part. I laughed a little, "Tell me about it girl", I said agreeing with my best friend. Cisco walked off to go find Harry when he suddenly bumped into the exact man that he was looking for, "Hi", he said surprised. Harry seemed in an even worse mood than normal, "Hi", he said. 

I looked at him worried, "Everything okay?", I asked. He looked at me, "Sure. Why wouldn't it be?", he said forcing a small smile and walking away. I sighed knowing something was wrong with him. 

___________________

The next day, Barry and Dad had us all in the lab to tell us that Mardon broke Snart and James Jesse out of Iron Heights

The next day, Barry and Dad had us all in the lab to tell us that Mardon broke Snart and James Jesse out of Iron Heights. Caitlyn looked at us, "3 of them and 2 of you. I don't like those odds", she said. Jay sighed, "And I'll be no help with out my speed, so...", he said. Cisco perked up, "Oh, oh, light bulb up here. I have an idea. Most weather phenomena are marked, no pun intended, by a change in electric charge and pressure in the atmosphere, we could just map out those fluctuations--"