The Fury of Firestorm

We finally got Stein stable and now we were trying to figure out how to save him. "When the particle accelerator exploded, the dark matter that collided with Professor Stein fused with the Firestorm matrix and altered the normal molecular process that occurs within his body. Those highly reactive molecules needed something to bond with in order to stabilize", Caitlyn started explaining. Cisco nodded, "And that's where Ronnie came in", he said. I looked at them, "So we just need to find someone that he can merge with like Ronnie", I suggest. 

Cisco looks at us, "Okay, cool, so how do we do that?", he shrugged, "Are we just going to make a tinder app for potential metahumans?", he asked, sarcastically. I look at him, "Ooh we could call it 'Firestorm and chill'", I joked making him and Barry hold back laughs. Barry composes himself and looks at Caitlyn, "Even if we could find someone willing, Stein can't just merge with whoever he wants", he says. 

Caitlyn shakes her head, "No he can't. But I've done some research, and I found two potential candidates that might be compatible with him. They both we affected by the dark matter, and they were both admitted to the hospital showing symptoms of gene rearrangement mutation. And they both share the same blood type as Professor Stein and Ronnie", she says. We look at the pictures, Jefferson Jackson and Henry Hewitt. Jefferson looks like he could be in high school or college, he just looks so young. 

_________________________

The next day was when Iris and I were supposed to meet with Francine

The next day was when Iris and I were supposed to meet with Francine. We met in front of Jitters, "Are you sure?", she asked. I shrugged, "I guess so, you?", I asked back. She nodded, "Yeah", she said, clearly nervous. We took a deep breath before walking in together. We saw Dad  and Francine sitting together and they both stood up when they saw us, "Hey baby girls", Dad said. We both hugged our father and then looked at the woman that was standing in front of us, "Iris, Delaney, this is Francine", he said. She smiled at us and grabbed one of our hands, "Hello, girls", she said but we both pulled our hands away and held each others hands instead. 

Dad looked at us, "Can I get either of you a coffee or something?", he asked, trying to break the tension. We shook our heads, "No thanks", Iris spoke for the both of us. I look at them, "Let's just sit", I say as my sister and I sit next to each other and Dad and Francine sit across from us. She looks at us, "I just can't get over what beautiful young women you've become. Iris, a journalist, I'm so proud of you", she says looking at my sister. I want to tell her what I've been doing but I can't just tell this woman that I'm the Silver Siren.

Iris looked at me and squeezed my hand, noticing my hurt, "Why are you here?", she asked. I look up myself, "Why now, after two decades?", I asked. She looked at us, "I want to make this right with you", she says. Iris looks at her, "How about you start by apologizing for walking out on us?", she suggested slightly angry. She leaned in closer, "I am sorry, so very very sorry", she said desperately, "There's so much you don't know". 

I looked at her, "Maybe, but what you didn't know was that while I was crying myself to sleep at night wondering why my birth parents didn't want me, I also cried to mourn the death of the woman I called a mother. You may think it's the right time to come crawling back into our lives but it's not", I tell her. Dad looks at me, "Delaney", he starts. I look at him, "No dad, it's fine. I was wrong to make you the bad guy in this. All you ever did was give me a home and love me and Iris unconditionally. How a parent should be for their child", I looked back at Francine, "So I want you to hear this. I don't hate you, Francine. I truly wish you well, but I've already mourned you, and I can't open my heart to you again", I said standing up and walking out.