Her Own Hero

Delaney POV

It's been about a month since Barry came out of his coma and we became a crime fighting duo

It's been about a month since Barry came out of his coma and we became a crime fighting duo. I was hanging out at STAR labs with Cisco and Caitlyn because our Scarlet Speedster is late. I'm not surprised, he was late to our own graduation. He had just barely made it in time before his name was called to get his diploma. Dr. Wells rolled into the lab and looked at us, "Where's Barry? He's late", he asked. I laughed looking at my nails, "When is he not late?". 

Caitlyn nods ,"Late is kinda his signature move". Cisco looks at us, "Hey wanna see my signature move?", he asks. I roll my eyes, "God no", I said and he faked hurt. Just then Barry came running in and leaned in the doorway drinking coffee, "Sorry guys I got a little held up", he says as though he meant something else. When we all looked at him, he shrugs, "You had to be there". 

Dr. Wells looks at us, "I'm gonna need a moment alone with Barry". Caitlyn, Cisco and I nod and get up to go to the other room. As I walk by Barry, I kiss his cheek and snatch his coffee from him taking a sip winking at him and I see him smile and shake his head as I walk away. We wait in the cortex for them. I look back at Dr. Wells then at Cisco and Caitlyn, "Is it just me or is Dr. Wells acting odd?", I ask them. Cisco shrugs, "No he seems like the normal brooding, serious scientist". Caitlyn looks at me, "Why do you ask?". I shrug, "I don't know. I just get an odd feeling around him". 

Barry then walks into the cortex and looks at us, "I have to go. My day job beckons", we all nod. I smile at him, "Tell my dad I say hi", I laugh. He smiles and speeds off to be a CSI. I look at Caitlyn and Cisco, "So, I'm in the mood for some training". Cisco gets the widest grin I've ever seen, "I was really hoping you would say that".

________________________________________

Cisco and I are out in this warehouse outside of STAR labs. He smiles at me from across the warehouse, "Ready?", he yells to me. I give him a thumbs up and I hear drones coming up behind me. I turn around and scream at each one, shattering them to pieces. I hear one come zooming at me and I duck and roll out of the way, turning to scream at it. I smile at Cisco, "That all you got, Techman?", I joke. He laughs, "Not even close", he says as he presses a button and fighting dummies come out from the ground. 

I smile and run towards the dummy practicing the hand to hand combat that I've been learning. I knocked it to the ground and smiled at Cisco, "Hey Cisco. Look what else I can do", he looked at me confused, "Hi I'm Francisco Ramon and I'm huge nerd", I say manipulating my voice to sound like Cisco. He looked at me shocked, "Woah that's so freaky. So Barry can vibrate his vocal cords and you can imitate different voices. Superpowers are awesome!", he yells the last part. 

I laugh and shake my head, "Come on nerd, we should head back to the lab". He rolls his eyes, "Oh and don't call me Francisco again". I laugh, "Aw you're no fun", I say as we walk back to the lab. 

_________________________________

A few hours after we finished training, Barry came in asking Cisco to reconstruct his victims face to ID him. "Facial Reconstructive software, It's designed for archeologists, and it should help us ID your crispy corpse", he says loading the photo Barry took onto the computer. Barry looks at us, "Question is, how did he get fried in the first place? Is there a metahuman out there that can control electricity?".