Firestorm

Delaney POV

I waited very impatiently to hear something, anything, from Barry and Caitlyn. Dr. Wells went up to the microphone, "Barry?", no response, "Barry what happened?". Cisco called out to them, "Are you guys okay?", he asked worried. I was finally able to breathe again when I heard Barry on the other end, "I think so", he replied seeming out of breath. Cisco looked at Barry's vitals, "Wait the Geiger counter in the suit--it's reading less than 1 millirad", he said shocked. I looked at him, "English please". 

Dr. Wells looked at me, "There's no radiation", he said making me look surprised as well. I went to the microphone, "Did it work? Did you separate them?", I asked hopeful. I heard Barry respond, "I don't know", he said. I heard Caitlyn on the other end talking and then I heard Ronnie's voice, "I'm Ronnie Raymond", I smiled as I heard that. Just then I also heard an unfamiliar voice, "Pardon me but it would seem I need a change of clothes", he said. I heard Barry laugh a little, "Nice to see you in the flesh again Professor Stein", he said making me smile even wider knowing the plan worked, "We're coming home. All of us". 

_______________________________

Cisco and I waited by the elevator for the four of them. When they stepped out, Cisco smiled wide, "Ronnie Raymond", he said and went to hug his lost friend. I went over to Barry and we embraced tightly, "I thought I lost you", I whispered. He pulled back a little and laughed, "Babe, when will you understand, you'll never lose me?", he joked. I pulled away to see the one and only, Professor Stein, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Professor", I said smiling at the older man. He smiled back, "The pleasure is all mine dear", he replied. 

I went over to Ronnie, "Ronnie, it's amazing to meet you finally. Cait told me so many amazing things about you", I said as I shook his hand. He laughed a little, "I would hope so", he said as he wrapped an arm around Caitlyn and I saw her lean into his embrace. Dr. Wells rolled out and smiled, "Welcome back, Mr. Raymond", he said. Ronnie looked at him and shook his hand, "Caitlyn told me what happened to you. I'm so sorry", he said. Dr. Wells shook his head, "I'm responsible for putting myself in this chair, you are responsible for my still being alive. Thank you", he said with a smile. 

Caitlyn smiled at Dr. Wells, "You said you'd bring him back, and you did. Thank you", she said. The professor spoke up, "Excuse me, are we all planning to sing Kumbaya next? Do you have somewhere I can freshen up and get a change of clothes?", he asked. Cisco guided him to where he can change and rest. 

Caitlyn was checking on Ronnie's vitals and she seemed so happy. I've never seen her that happy before. She finally found her missing piece. We all walked over to them to see them kissing making me laugh, "Wow is that how me and Barry look when we kiss in front of you guys", I joked. Cisco shot me a look, "Yes. And I forgot how awkward it was to walk in on you two'. Caitlyn laughed and smile, "Well you can get used to it again", she says. 

"So I did a full medical workup on the Professor. It turns out that now that he and Ronnie are separated, they no longer possess the ability to harness nuclear energy", Dr. Wells informed us handing the report to Caitlyn. She looked at it then at the Professor, "Professor, you seem to be running a little hot as well. Same as Ronnie--100.6". He shrugged, "Hardly a sweat, and hopefully the only thing Ronald and I have in common-", he started. Ronnie looked at him, "It's Ronnie", he corrected and the professor barely nodded. 

Cisco looked at him, "Hey, you gonna miss being able to fly?", he asked excited. Ronnie looked at the professor, "Yeah if I was the one holding the controller". That seemed to make the professor mad, "Meaning?", he asked and stepped forward. Ronnie stood up, "Meaning you weren't the most conscientious body-mate". The professor seemed offended, "So you do not consider keeping you alive to be conscientious?". Ronnie give him a look, "Alive? We were living under a bridge eating garbage", he says annoyed.