The Final Battle

I don't know how long Eddie and I have been down here, all I know is that I'm hungry and in pain. I hear a door open and see Wells climb down the ladder to us. Eddie glances towards him, "Don't suppose you brought lunch?", he asked. Wells came towards us, "Did you know that human beings can survive up to two months without food?", he asked in return. 

"Is that how long you plan on keeping us here?", Eddie asked worried. He walks over to a bench and starts tinkering with something, "You know, I really don't think it will come to that", he said. Eddie looked at him, "You wanna tell me what we're doing down here?", he asked. Wells didn't look at him, "No", he said flatly. Eddie kept talking, "You said that we're related, that your from the future. Prove it", he says. I roll my eyes, Eddie's stupidity is what is gonna get us killed.

Wells laughed a little, "Yeah I don't have to prove anything to anyone", he said. Eddie still continued with trying to make him mad, "Well, I think you're full of crap. What ever you're trying to do, you're not going to get away with it because the Flash is--", he was interrupted by Wells speeding over to me and punching me in the stomach, making me cry out in pain. He looked at Eddie, "Shut up", he demanded with his voice vibrating. 

Eddie looked at me worried and I nodded that I was fine as I blinked back the tears. 

_______________________

Hours later, Wells left and came back so Eddie's stupidity meter had recharged, "You know they're gonna find us. And you, you're not as smart as you think you are", he says. Wells looks at him, "Oh really"? Because I'm a genius where I come from. Imagine how smart that makes me here", he says walking towards Eddie. Eddie nods, "Because you're from the future? With a name like Eobard I guess you'd have to be", he taunted. 

Wells, or well Thawne, looked at him slightly offended, "No, Eobard is a distinguished name for a distinguished member of a distinguished family", he told him. Eddie scoffed, "Depressing to think all my descendants are as crazy as you", he said. Thawne laughed, "Oh, no, the Thawne bloodline is chock-full of influential politicians, scientists, captains of industry. Failures such as yourself are just the exception", he smirks. 

Eddie looks at him, "And what exactly makes me such a failure?", he asks. Thawne looks at him, "Tough question, Eddie. Where to start? Oh, how about your career as a police detective? It's spectacularly uneventful", he tells him. Eddie scoffs, "Well, we'll see", he says. 

Thawne looks at him, "No, we have seen. I have seen. I am from the future. And you are the only Thawne to be all but forgotten by history. Waste of a man, waste of a life, and you don't even get the girl", he says making both Eddie and I look at him. Eddie looks confused, "What are you talking about?", he asks. Thawne sighs and make a holographic news article appear, "Observe if you will the byline", I look at it and see the byline of the article making my heart fall. 

Iris West-Allen

"Barry and Iris get married, not you and her", he looks at me, "Or you and Barry", he looks back at Eddie, "You're just going to have to give this ring back to Grandma Agnes", he said and tossed aside the box with Eddie's engagement ring. I don't know about Eddie but, I know that Thawne has just broken my heart into millions of pieces. "So now what?", Eddie asked. Thawne finished what he was building, "Now. I have the key", he says walking to the ladder. "The key to what?", I asked as he climbed up the ladder and left us alone. Again.

__________________________

The pain in my wrists was so bad that I was starting to feel lightheaded, also due to the fact that I was probably very dehydrated. Eddie looked at me, "Delaney, stay awake. You need to stay awake", he said weak himself. I tried so hard to keep my eyes open, "I-it hurts", I whispered. I felt my body getting limp and weaker as Eddie started screaming out for help. He kept weakly yelling for help until we heard the hatch open again and I felt my body tense again fearing that he was back already.