Alpha Without a Pack...

By Puppies59

She was born to lead a pack, but she's just starting her journey to freedom and family... Sidney Blake never... More

Deleting Account Notice
Vote for new Cover
Short Character bio's
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
The End (sort of)

Chapter 54

2.9K 184 20
By Puppies59

                                              Micah

The she wolf was most definitely in a mood this morning, probably feeling cranky after the long night before. It had certainly been a shock when she stripped off her shirt in front of all of us, and I with my pants down and all had a front row view until Bowen stepped in. I was both grateful and annoyed by his interference considering I'd liked where things were going but I also knew going too fast would probably run Sid off more than anything, even if I hated admitting it. To be honest with myself I had been seconds away from trying to steal her away back to my own bed this morning before Bowen had ordered me to get some clothes on. Then she had gave all of us a scolding before turning a cold shoulder to EVERYONE, Gav and Fletch didn't seem to know what to think of her snappy attitude. 

She ditched us as soon as we got to the sand pit and even he Alvarado males seemed sympathetic towards us, but that didn't make them go easy in our training. Instead of beating all of us to a pulp however they had us working to build up our muscles and reflexes, something that was easier on our more mature fighters and rough on the pups of the group. We had been at it for hours when the sound of squealing children stopped everyone of us in our tracks as we turned towards the trees, only to find crazy Sid herself in wolf form with two kids on her back. It sent up an uproar considering Sid had run off alone without telling us, and the Alvarado guys didn't like her running off with their pups period.

 Denzel looked like he wanted to rip her apart but with his pups on her back he held himself back, only to cave at their utter joy. The twins headed inside and I thought Sid was going to follow but instead she looked towards us once before dashing off in the woods with her mutts. She didn't link anything and she didn't slow or look back to us, I was about to follow her when an alpha voice stopped me in my tracks. "Let her be pup. I've seen that look before and trust me it's never wise to pester a she wolf when she wants to be left alone." Alvarado rumbled out. "But the whole point of coming here was to get us closer together not scare her further away!" Ash seemed panicked and uneasy, we all were to a degree.

 "Sometimes the best thing you can do is give them space and let them come back to you on their own, no matter how much it hurts." Wesley sighed out, I wasn't fond of that plan and neither were the others. "She'll be back pups. Remember she's determined to make sure you are protected from the evils on her tail, she'll come back to keep that word, I'm certain of that much." Denzel stated clearly. "But she's been moody all day today, it's like she hates us or something." Fletch looked like he was going to start crying any minute. 

"That's a she wolf for you, they tend to have their moods on occasion it's something you learn to cope with and adapt to in time. Considering she's exhausted from lack of sleep and probably not feeling the greatest after linking up with our sick pup for so long, it's not surprising she feels a little cranky." Kasen chuckled back. "Wait you mean this is a regular thing?" Simon frowned out. "Each female is different but yes, their hormones go haywire at times and accompanying other symptoms they can get a bit snappy. They tend to calm down after a while it all depends on the female and what mood she's in on how long that while is though. Her mood could last minutes or days depending on how she's feeling and what caused the issue in the first place." Kairo answered. 

"Sometimes it's better to leave them alone to figure it out since they know how to deal with their moods better, and other times if your extremely understanding and helpful it helps them snap out of it quicker." Wesley added. "Don't worry she was just going on a hunt, she'll be back in time for dinner, now let's eat some lunch before you get started on another round." Madison stated as she strolled onto he porch with everyone before leading the way back in. We weren't exactly thrilled knowing Sid was out hunting on unfamiliar territory but reluctantly we all followed the others inside. If she didn't come back on time though we were sending out a search party, whether she liked it or not.

                                                    Sidney

Once I was deep into the forest I slowed my pace even more as I switched into full on tracking mode, in order to make a kill one had to first locate the prey. Tyson and Ollie knew what was going on since I had taken them on a quite a few hunts like this but Spartan seemed confused. It was clear he knew this run was different than the others he'd been on but he didn't know how this worked or how we hunted together, he really was a giant pup following at our heels. I found a steam and searched the banks before picking up a good trail on a large white tail deer. I gave a small tip to call the dogs over so they could get a good whiff of what we'd be hunting even Spartan seemed to be getting in on it as he eagerly inspected the tracks. 

Once they had all gotten the scent I took the lead on following the trail, as we got closer and the scent grew stronger Tyson and Ollie branched off to the left and right to try boxing in our prey. Spartan stayed close by me as we crept closer to the clearing and I caught a look at the large buck grazing, a decent meal for everyone. I was mapping out he best way to sneak in close when Spartan darted forward out of excitement in pursuit of the buck. I snarled my annoyance as the buck spooked and took off, he had a large enough head start that I knew it was no use, this hunt was aborted the moment Spartan lost his nerve. Tyson and Ollie knew it too as they circled back around to my sides, when Spartan finally gave up his chase and returned to us his punishment was immediately given. 

I pinned him with a snarl as I reprimanded his behavior and Tyson joined in by nipping at his ears with a growl. I wasn't too rough on him considering I knew he likely had never hunted anything before and still had much to learn about the actual hunt, although he was quite fast. Once he realized we weren't playing a game and this was an actual hunt he might wise up a bit, and after submitting his apology to the three of us we moved on in search of another trail. This time when I picked up the scent it took me a bit to recognize it's origin but once I realized the slightly unfamiliar track came from what appeared to be an elk I deemed it a worthy hunt. 

Once again I called the dogs over to pick up the scent as well before leading the way this time when Tyson and Ollie branched off I gave a soft warning growl at Spartan to behave. There were five elk in the clearing, a large bull and three cows, two of which had half grown calves. I could sense Spartan wanting to give chase but I bared my teeth at him to wait and he reluctantly settled. I set my sights on the female without a calf to care for and slowly started to prowl my way closer, knowing Tyson and Ollie would follow my lead. The only one I couldn't be sure on was Spartan, this would be a test for him as he snuck alongside me. I stopped just behind the edge of the trees, any further and our cover would be blown again, ending the second hunt this afternoon. 

Spartan was slightly fidgety but stayed silently at my side as we watched the small herd of elk grazing, I knew the other two were waiting for me to make my move as well. I waited until the lone female stepped away from the herd ever so slightly, making her way bit by bit in our direction. The moment she was in range I broke cover and charged at her, taking a wide right to keep her separated from the rest of her herd as they took off running away. Spartan seeing that the chase was finally on was quick on her heels as I kept pace with our prey and funneled her towards the trap ahead. Tyson and Ollie broke cover in front of us making the cow elk stumble in her tracks giving us enough time to get a good hold on her. 

She was large enough that I let the dogs help bring her weight to the ground as I dealt a quick death bite to her throat. The dogs were panting but I wasn't even winded and Spartan seemed okay after his first hunt with us, I even gave his ear a quick lick in praise for his improvement. The meat would be a good meal for everyone tonight but there was more than enough and I was hungry now, so without a second thought I tore open the carcass to share. I found myself craving the fresh liver and heart as the dogs devoured the other internal organs. I kept them from gnawing on the choice cuts but let each of them have a fill of the fresh meat, before shifting to tie the feet together with some vine to make for easier travel back to the Alvarado pack house.

 When it was good enough to haul the meat I shifted back and slipped the makeshift vine harness over my neck to begin the trek back. It was slower going pulling the extra weight and I ended up getting Tyson to help so it would go a bit faster but we made it back before dinner prep. "Well look at that, good hunting she wolf, looks like we're having fresh elk tonight." Alvarado's praise rolled over me and I shook it off, I was still suffering unwanted annoyances from my wolf. "Oh and before we forget there's a strong cold front blowing in tonight, the news is calling for snow." Kairo called out to everyone. I couldn't help my ears perked up slightly at the thought, my wolf and I both loved the snow. 

"At this time of year!?" Tucker exclaimed. "Well we are high up and secluded enough here that it is not totally uncommon for snow this late or early in the season, depending on how you look at it." Alvarado responded. I took my leave as they hauled the meat inside to prepare it, the boys were still complaining about possible snow when I left to collect my clothes and shift back. I still wasn't feeling the greatest and there was still a strange uneasy inside me as I returned to help Madison with food prep, but the prospect of snow was certainly exciting.

                                              Madison

Sidney was quieter than usual but she wasn't as curt with every one as she'd been this morning, her gang of males sure seemed happy about the change. I had to admit it was actually nice having her around unlike any other females I'd met. They had always been after my men or hating on my pups, none of which I would tolerate, but Sid was a different breed altogether. The way she respected my bond with my guys and showed a certain respect for them, with absolutely no romantic interest was extremely refreshing. Then the way she was so protective and caring of my pups, pups that weren't even her own, it gave all of us respect for her.

 There was still a certain unease with the Shaw pack males but with her it was as if she could belong with us, like the little sister we'd never had. Even Nate and Denny had caved to her after how she'd helped with the kids, and I liked the fact that she didn't seem set on fighting me again anytime soon. I could still see there was a tension and unease in her eyes, although it disappeared whenever she was holding one of the pups. The thought that something was really bothering her made me want to help but I had my suspicions that this might not be something I could help with just yet. 

The way that she restlessly kept looking to the forest, the mood she seemed to switch in and out off, the chill in the air, all familiar signs that I knew well enough. I would keep my mouth shut for now in case it was nothing because the moment Nate found out they would treat her like the plague until she was back to normal. They would keep me and the pups far away from her which would annoy me considering I wanted to see how this played out. If my suspicions were correct those poor boys were going to need every fighting skill they could learn, and fast.

*So I'm getting back into the fun of writing this, more craziness to come, hope you all enjoyed!*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1M 45.2K 53
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...
53.1M 377K 65
Stay connected to all things Wattpad by adding this story to your library. We will be posting announcements, updates, and much more!
269K 2.4K 42
قصه الرجل السادي الذي يقوم بممارسه معا جميع الفتيات الذي يراهم وهوه اكبر رئيس مافيا في كوريا سادي ليس لديه رحمهً في قلبه يقتل اخ البطله فتقرر الانتق...
66.8K 1.8K 28
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...